Have you ever been poor pol?

Have you ever been poor pol?

>2017
>still not poor

Top kek, what are you, a liberal or something?

i am poor

>flag

Poor right now.
Going to trade school though, so hopefully I'll be able to find a decent woman and be able to have some white babies.

Once, I moved out at 19 and then lost my job like 5 months later and didn't want to go home so I ended up homeless in Central London for 2-3 months sleeping in back alleys, I would mostly try and get onto roofs and did manage to set up camp for a solid month on this roof near Waterloo East station until I went back too early and someone saw me in daylight on the roof and called the police.

Ended up going to this shelter place where they give you showers and some clean clothes and decided to just say to my parents I lost my job and moving back in and didn't mention the months of homelessness.

It was somewhat of a unique experience and I don't really regret it.

Sometimes I even miss it to be honest.

Made money by sitting outside supermarkets begging and would end up with like 5-6 sandwich meal deals and like 20 quid.

Most of the other homeless people I met were drunks or drug addicts so would often just give me the food they got given as they were not really interested.

No, my parents loved me.

Upper middle class but I am currently a broke college student

Not yet

Yes

Lived in Skid Row for few years.

All you need to do if you are poor is find a job in a shitty call center until you make ends meet. They will literally take anyone. People would come in all meth'd out with no shirts on sweating their asses off taking phone calls and making a shit ton of commission

not yet, and I hope it stays that way

Interesting story thanks for it

how did you get your shit together again?

definition of poor?

I've been homeless for sometime. Was homeless 2013 between september and december.

All this time i still had a job so i still had money thou. Lived alot in the woods and sometimes in my office

you can never truly be poor in the states

Got on disablity. Get paid around 1000 dollars a month.

how hard is it to actually live in the woods? It seems easy if you're not high maintenance. What exactly is a day in the life of someone who lives in the wilderness?

interesting indeed

I am poor now

Are you actually disabled or just a bitch?

>Get paid around 1000 dollars a month
is that enough to live a somewhat respectable life?

yeah you can retard

I have never not been.

Wrong question
Have I ever not been poor?
No

>flag

notice how every nigger, communist or post-communist country (slavs) are the poorest mofos on this gay earth

Well i did have a job so every morning i went to work, put on the sauna and starting my day at 0730.

It's not realy that hard. Im in the army, as an NCO, so i've been out before. My girlfriend and i had recently broken up, and when it started to snow in the late november it realy toke its toll on me.

Define poor. I define poor as needing to sell your labor to someone else for enough money to cover shelter and food.

And yes. I was.

these are worldly things though. their iron curtain shielded them from this degeneracy, so in the end they won.

i met a man that lived on a beach

If you don't mind living a bit out in a rural area you could live rather comfortably. 400 - 500 dollar mortgage or rent and the rest for utilities and food. Not really that hard if you're not a total dumbass.

i was homeless for like 6 months in St. Paul MN

it sucked for obvious reasons but looking back, it was a lot of fun.
there were so many interesting people, and there was a kind of sense of comradery.
i made friends with some of the other younger people in the shelter, we would drink in the woods sometimes and hang out at the library to use the internet.
it was alright

Yes, up until recently. Didn't have money to buy food but luckily I stocked up on canned food and rice beforehand. Now money's flowing in so I eat steaks. But I will never make the mistake of not having cans.

yes.
ive lived on my own from 18-23 (currently 24 and living with my parents) in that time, the most money i ever had at one time never went above the 700 dollars i needed for rent, and i didnt own a car (didnt need one)
I could well have been not poor, but i was just a misguided weed and alcohol addicted college drop-out.
my dad's an engineer, emotionally retarded, and probably schizophrenic. he never taught me anything, then acted surprised and condescending when i didnt know something. he also physically and psychologically abused me my whole life. dont want to play victim, but i do walk around with quite a lot of anxiety and resentment to this day, so that certainly affected me.

ive never been homeless poor tho. i always found a job or some way to get shekelz.

Not being able to food is basically impossible in the Netherlands. Srsly what did you do to get in that kind of situation.

I hanged out in McDonalds to use the wifi. Watched paradise hotel.

I can only imagine what it's like to sleep in your car after a snowstorm when it gets really cold at night, down to -18C. Did you ever get frostbite?

yeah but that way you can never afford a car or going on holidays or something

Go to Goodwill or a thrift store and sell stuff online or take it to pawn shops. I promise you, user, thrift stores are they way to go.....

One day I took a lot of addy and went to Goodwill...found a lithograph from London from 1868(pic related)... worth $1000+.... paid $6.99...

Long story short I became weirdly addicted to Goodwill and now I make about $800-1500/wk easy, depending on what I find.

going to alaska on june third with 2k hoping to get a job on a salmnon boat.

I'll be homeless until i can get a job.

>when you kill your enemies they win

I'm not. I plan not to be either.

I don't give money to homeless either. I don't trust them. There have been reports that they either use it on drugs, alcohol and some even use it as a full time job to net $40k.

Hey i live there. Are you the guy I threw a beer at back in 09?

Not realy. I made a fire everynight, althou it burns out in the middle of the night. That was why i went to work and put on the sauna in the morning. My coworkers never suspected anything.

Yes. It ended the day I quit being a useless fuckup and took responsibilty for my own life.

>tfw you thought your family was pretty well off as a child but then you realise you're working class

is that dangerous?

no -____-

wow. best of luck for you man

Being poor is the ultimate redpill.
>Be me
>150 IQ
>Had great sales job making 60k out of high school.
>Said fuck education.
>Develop hedonistic lifestyle and views
>Sex, drugs, rock & roll
>hit rock bottom, lose everything
>take shit job in factory, just enough to get by
>Only concern for a while is survival
>Re asses my values, come to realize how degenerate chasing the dollar is.
>Living in poverty and never been happier in my life
>Understanding that your happiness with reality is more dependent on what you perceive with than what you are actually perceiving.
>mfw don't even care about money any more
feelsgoodman.jpg

Yes

You mean 'digging through the couch cushions and under the car seats to buy a package of peanut butter crackers so I could eat that day' poor?
Sure. Several times over the course of my life.

All the money in the world won't buy you the things you would give your life to have. Unless it's money.

Was that lucky to find or did you already know what you are looking for? I dont know what Goodwill is... But in the UK and i assume everywhere now, Charity shops are basically run like business and aim for profit. So the majority of what they sell is correctly priced.

So is it becoming harder to achieve?

Yes.

If you're poor or homeless, just join the police or the army. They take everyone & they offer you a home in the camp.

>in college
>working full time
>stem degree almost finished but won't lead to anything because I don't want to struggle through another (minimum) year of school as well as do internships for free
>still poor
Life sucks and tfw you weren't born in the 50s.

I live on welfare, so that's about as poor as you can get here.

It's good, I prefer the freedom to do what I want to the ability to buy fancy shit.

Was driving thru there drunk yesterday offered some ok looking girl $20 to suck my dick and she kicked my car and told me to fuck off...

>tfw homeless addicts don't even want you if you pay them

;_;

when i was 18-19 me and a couple of my friends were driving around st. paul drinking and acting stupid on the weekend and we came to a stop light with like 3 bums asking for money. My idiot friend yelled something "like get a job loser!" The bum started walking towards his side of the car so my friend started freaking out. Dude sticks his head in the window and goes "Keep cool guys and hide your bottles, there is a cop two cars behind you" then just walks off. We ended up losing the cop and went back to toss the guy some money. Good dude.

>college
>fulltime job
i wish...
Its my last year of med school and i dont know where to go after school since i hate medicine
>still poor

>france
you are so spoiled with your social safety nets and welfare system. you have no fucking idea how much worse it is in the US. NO. IDEA.

french start violent protests over the raising of retirement age by 1 year. If they tried to do 1% of the kind of cowboy capitalism practiced in the US, you would have full-on revolution the next day.

The army perhaps, but the police?

I didn't have a job for 3 months whilst I did have to pay for rent and food, so my savings ran out. Luckily I found a job in time.

iktf

>got evicted for not paying rent
>lived without electricity for 3 months

yep, I've been poor.
And yes, it was entirely my fault.

As soon as I started seriously looking for a job I found one.
Now I make a substantially above average wage.

Define poor.

>going on holidays
God you're fucking stupid

explain pls

People will get sick of your shit and not help you anymore. Your retarded lifestyle will leave you lacking in the requirements for self sustainability. Your final hope will be faggoteering new funds for social programs to keep you from dying in a sewer where you belong.

I've been poor and rich.
Barely clinging to middle now

I meant vacation. I used the wrong word, you rude fuck

Couldn't you get welfare?

These arent options for the young poorfag because they require work and drug testing. Theyd prefer to live in a refrigerator box and call you a wagecuck.

Fancy shit,you know, like shelter or fucking food.

I'm white

Grew up "poor" in a first world definition.
Ended up becoming super frugal.

no, that's you.

I was homeless for a bit as a child after we moved to South Africa and my mother went back to the US.

I was homeless for a bit after leaving SADF.

I was homeless for a bit after leaving the US Army.

I was homeless for a quite a bit after getting divorced, 2+ years.

I was poor almost all my life until the past ten years or so (now making very low six digits USD).

I never finished my schooling.

I never finished my degree.

Honestly, a lot of it has been happenstance and a lot more has been poor choices and self-destructive behavior.

Looking back, though, there are very few things I would change. Why? Because changing them would mean ultimately changing me and I like who I am these days.

Upper middle class family in the 90's. Parents divorce, mother goes insane, end up living in the British vesion of what Americans would call the projects. That feeling when gone from sitting around a dining table to eat with family to eating instant noodles alone in an apartment with no furniture.

Every fucking day of my life. Why?

No you're just Russian

>last year of med school and i dont know where to go after school since i hate medicine
that sounds terrible

Right now I make about 2000 dollars a month, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. And just recently I've actually started to save, and have worked uped my bank account to over 5k (not that much I know)

I'd say that i was always poor until I started saving money. For a while I was living paycheck to paycheck, even though I was making 2k a month. I've always lived paycheck to paycheck, it wasn't until recently that I learned the value of saving, and at the same time stopped being poor for the first time in my life

Extremely.

>Born into a very poor family, dad worked all the time to pay bills, mother did too but she got very ill when I was quite young
>Lived out of 2 rooms of the upstairs of a house, washed in a tub/sink
>Worked in a warehouse at 15 for fuck all sweeping up wood chippings and shit
>At 16 I had two retail jobs, did them alongside my exams
>Did pretty poorly in exams, ended up going full time in some shitty shop
>Wound up as a manager of said shitty shop, paid for my dad to be cared for and moved out
>Lived in an absolute dump with a couple of other fellas
>No internet, shitty cheap food, often no gas and sometimes a few days with no electric
>Eventually manage to land an okay job due to all my experience
>Move into somewhere still tiny, but nicer
>Over a few years I spruce it up and make it cozy
>Leave that job for another one with better hours
>Finally living a life where I can actually feel happy and relaxed after wageslaving for what felt like an eternity
>If I hadn't done it I'd probably be homeless
>NEETs on Sup Forums mock me deciding to not be homeless

Feels bad.

That wouldnt work here in the states.
Homeless people here would rob you

Poorfag trailer dweller here.

Zero savings but have enough to eat and can pay the rent, gas, elec, and Internet bills within the grace period every month.

Free yourself from Jewish desires and so long as you aren't starving or fucked over by car or major appliances breaking life is tolerable.

It depends. What is defined as poverty?

So you're sucking up €930 a month in welfare, probably €150-200 in housing allowance and around €80 in care allowance, all because you don't WANT to work? Too bad there's no rope allowance in Holland.

That's nonsense. White people can get welfare without any problem. You just need an address and the Dutch nationality / residency permit.

how to get a job?

ouch...

Yeah. A year ago I was sleeping in my car. It was really nice desu. I was always early to work. Clothes in trunk. I miss it. Beans everyday and meat. Usually good veggies. Canned vegetables are the best when poor.

No rent was nice. Always had work. Ironic being a homeless realtor.

It was nice taking showers at the gym.

Grew up in a household supported on food stamps and government gibmedats because my mother and half brother are functionally retarded. My aunt/uncle on my mothers side had 6 kids because the uncle was too lazy too work even though he didn't have any real disabilities. My aunt almost died giving birth to the 6th kid, and the kid almost died from all manner of birth defects and is certifiably retarded.
Didn't wanna end up like these scum, so two weeks after graduating HS I moved in with some family from another state. Started working and paying for living with them. Went to Job Corp to learn some job skills (and a few college classes to help pad my resume), then eventually went in the Army, because I felt I had to pay back the tax payer somehow for Job Corp gibmedats, and most civilians are too weak and cowardly to go fight in a war.
Still a wage slave for the time being, but I'm so helpful on the floor and helping in the office, I wouldn't be surprised if I got on salary within the next year. I'm not pulling a huge wage, but I can comfortably buy anything I need and save a little when I'm not being a consumerist faggot.

You can recover from a life of being poor, but you have to work for it.

Well done, man.

>can
>want

Pick one.

i remember sleeping in the streets for a week and. i feel similarly about it.
it was eye-opening, and definetly put things into perspective. both in terms of urban exploring and "holy fuck, get your shit together boy"

Exact opposite. Self sustainability is subjective. At the same time you are developing the skills required to plow a field, pave a road, transplant a lung, or whatever it is you do, I have been developing the skills required to avoid doing those things, and I am extremely good at.
In the end it is simple natural for life to find the path of least resistance. I am smart enough to realize that all of the accolades and material wealth you feel rewarded by have no actual value.
The finite time you have existing is the only thing that is real and I choose to spend mine doing for me. It's selfish but so is the world.

No, but I do live fairly poor. I save close to 100% of my salary and live at home.

So you didn't want welfare? I can understand that, although that's what it's there for, especially when you're ethnic Dutch.