Fixing the Second Amendment

We are living in a day and age where the second amendment is no longer relevant. Allow me to explain.

The second amendment was written in 1791, more than 10 years after the Americans won their revolution. It's purpose was to make sure that people were armed and ready to fight should a foreign government try to invade US mainland.

Well fast forward 226 years, the US mainland has never been even remotely threatened by a foreign government and this trend will most likely remain static into the foreseeable future.

Now that I have proven the second amendment no longer has a purpose in America, let's talk about common sense changes we can make to it.

#1 Only allow people to own certain types of guns. No one needs to have assault rifles, they only serve a purpose if you are looking to commit a serious crime.

#2 An improved gun registry so that the government knows exactly who owns what.

#3 Improved background and mental health checks to make sure only law abiding citizens own guns.

Let me know what you all think.

Other urls found in this thread:

swc-cfc.gc.ca/gba-acs/index-en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

leaf shut the fuck up

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

LEAVE AMERICA ALONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AND MY SKS AND NUGGET TO

>Being this cucked by your country, where you think that taking away a valid means of defense is a good idea

Not taking Canada during the Revolution was a mistake. Leafs shouldn't exist.

KYS

>It's purpose was to make sure that people were armed and ready to fight should a foreign government try to invade US mainland.

And that's where you're wrong leaf.

Always some faggot leaf.
Spiced.

Henry Rollins is an autist and so are you. Guns are awesome and I'm not going to bother reading the drivel shitposting, so fuck you. Come and take them faggot

hey, while you are here can you explain your new law about not calling people the wrong thing

>Leaf
>Has ANYTHING bad to say about America
kys
/thread

>foreign government try to invade US mainland.
Wrong. Your premise is incorrect and your entire argument can be discarded
>foreign government
The government of the UK WAS the government of the USA, you dumbass, they weren't a foreign government

so can you be arrested for wrongly identifying someone in Sup Forums

Idiot. Read the federalist papers. The second amendment protects us from our own government as well.
Fuck you and your fake country.

You don't have a second amendment you retard.

>the second amendment is no longer relevant
Great, so you have no problem with letting them keep their AR-15s.

#1 Only allow soldiers to carry certain types of guns. No one needs to have assault rifles, they only serve a purpose if you are looking to commit a serious crime.

#2 An improved gun registry so that the citizens knows exactly what types of catastrophic weapons are currently being used or in development

#3 Improved background and mental health checks to make sure only law abiding citizens can run for office or hold a position of power within the government

waco
waco
waco
waco
waco

>leaf too retarded to understand
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Well it's a very reasonable and just law. If someone does not acknowledge another person's gender identity, whatever it may be, the victim can file a complaint with the human rights commission. The offender would be fined (max 25,000$). Nothing wrong with it.

>fake country
The country exits. Its our government thats a tinpot dictatorship.

Explain to me how that sentence has any relevance to what I said

>It's purpose was to make sure that people were armed and ready to fight should a foreign government try to invade US mainland.
No

>Well fast forward 226 years, the US mainland has never been even remotely threatened by a foreign government and this trend will most likely remain static into the foreseeable future.
War of 1812, Cuban Missile Crisis, Bombing of Pearl Harbor

Arbitrary
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

Kek this can't be real

>Allow me to explain.
no
>

Since Henry Rollins identifies as a target, can a Canadian be arrested if he doesn't treat him or use him as a target?

Stop posting.

You're giving us a bad name.

>Let me know what you all think.

I've got four words for you. The first one's free.

>SHALL

So Henry Rollins is legally a target.

Rollins needs to fucking die.

zozzle

Well there are limitations. Your gender cannot be an inanimate object.

by your new law, can you be arrested for misidentify someone here

wish that bitch was shot

If you want to shut a leaf up just point them to their governments website.

>swc-cfc.gc.ca/gba-acs/index-en.html

"While many advances have been made, equality gaps remain. Women in Canada today earn, on average, only 73.5 cents for every dollar that men earn. Women are also more often the victims of domestic and sexual violence and continue to be under-represented in leadership and executive positions, occupying only 10.3% of positions on corporate boards."

Also sage

SHALL

c16
also m103 - we sucking islams dick up here.

you guys like my assault rifle?

Also OP, your the 1st to go in the day of the

SHALL

m103 is not a law. Its a motion that requests the government figure out how to combat islamaphobia. I support combatting islamaphobia as most Muslims are good people and they should not be discriminated against.

you haven't met my wife's pussy

wtf is wrong with your legs man

Hey look a leaf bitching about a right that he doesn't even have. Opinion fucking discarded.

1/10 got me to respond.

Nice try leaf

cuck

>Well fast forward 226 years, the US mainland has never been even remotely threatened by a foreign government and this trend will most likely remain static into the foreseeable future.

Well, what on earth could possibly be the reason for that?

>as most Muslims are good people
Adorable

Rake yourself
Sage

I'm not American, I've never even been to America, but there is still reasons why they should have guns.

1. Parts of the country do have dangerous animals.
2. Terrorism is a major concern for America.
3. You forgot that they also have guns in case their own government needs to be overthrown.

Henry Rollins is a huge faggot.

Weed is being legalised on Canada day in 2018. jokes on you.

btfo

Allow me to offer a set of counter suggestions.

1) We remove existing regulations regarding NFA items.
2) We expand the federal prohibition on searchable databases of gun owners to the states and any state contractors.
3) People who have been released from prison or a mental institution who have not reoffended have their names purged from NICS and analogous local systems after five years.

Lets see who has the juice to get what they want.

>Because something hasn't happened in one place in 200 years it'll never happen again in history

holy fucking kek put me in the screencap

Doesn't matter.
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

>not owning leftist/nigger protection.

I live in rural Missouri
Cops would take 30-40 min to get to my house
Im keeping my guns idc what a fucking leaf says

I don't think this one leaf bears that kind of responsibility.

Shitpostin'

1 and 2, they can still have guns but what they are allowed to have should be controlled.

3, US citizens could not overthrow their government even if they tried. AR-15s don't do much against an m1 Abrams tank.

>no one needs to have assault rifles

baka f a m obviously you dont know what an assault rifle is. It has to be select fire to be an assault rifle and those are already not legal to own. an AR-15 =/= Assault Rifle. do your research you fucking leaf faggot

Was Henry Rollins always a faggot or was this a recent change?

Wasn't he thrashing out in black flag or whatever back in the 80s???
I know he was always anti government, but anti gun foggotry coming from him wasn't expected.

>see op
>see that he is canadian
Everything else you posted is immediately considered irrelevant.
>read anyways
>it's a bunch of bullshit that further infringes on rights that have eroded since 1791
Fuck yourself. Our 2nd amendment is of no concern to idiots like you who want a nanny govt.

WRONG.

That's when they were ratified, not written

this

>best friend gets shot in the face by niggers at point blank range in front of you before they start shooting at you but luckily they miss and you escape
Rollins must hate niggers too if he hates guns.

>You forgot that they also have guns in case their own government needs to be overthrown.
This is the entire point.
I was in Ireland talking with some young Irish folks and they couldn't wrap their heads around it.
>muh 30,000 deaths
>muh what are you scared of
Meanwhile they are an "independent" nation because of an armed revolution.

Guns are terrible tools for killing. you get a mag with so many rounds. You need to be skilled enough to hit something with your limited rounds, not to mention if you hit the right spot or not to kill. Then there is the likely chance you too will be killed by another gunman. Get a chemistry book, it's better.

>Now that I have proven the second amendment no longer has a purpose

But you havent. If you actually the writings from Washington, Franklin and Jefferson you would know the 2nd amendment is also for protection against the government, not just foreign threat.

Something something shall not be infringed desu

Come and take it. I will shoot anyone who tries to enforce this shit onto me.

Actually it was written so that we could defend ourselves from tyrants who fancied their opinions more than our natural rights. People like you

doesn't ar15 mean assault rifle #15?

YOU MEAN DA GOYIM ARE ARMED???!!

Well why don't you go smoke some weed and leave us alone? Here i'll help you out

>buymyweedonline.ca
>cannabismo.ca

Now go be a degenerate somewhere else. please

I think you are full of shit leaf, its purpose wasn't to arm america. It was to protect the rights of citizens to own against any goverment in the future (like this one) from disarming its population and ruling through force like the old monarchies. Specificly the one they just got done fighting a revolution with. With the notion that government trusts its citizens enough to own whatever they want as long as they don't bother anyone else. That the government should be limited to punishment for crimes that have already been comitted instead of actively trying to control the day to day affairs of the population like Great Britain
>remember to sage

Mine's bigger.

It wasn't meant just for foreign government, it was also meant to protect yourself because guess what, state police are not reliable or entirely trustworthy. The second amendment was also meant to overthrow a current government in the case it becomes tyrannical. As in now, but Americans are too spineless and lazy to get anywhere near that.

I like you.

I live in Chicago and it would take the police three minutes to get to my house. Drawing is still faster.

did you even read the second amendment?

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

>being necessary to the security of a free State

its about being able to keep tyranny in check if you need to

Henry Rollins is a notorious faggot.
Listen to his stories about how niggers used to kick the shit out of him in grade school for being white but how he feels that they were justified because they were black.

Dude is an imbecile, plain and simple.

>thinking thattanks can do anythjng but blow up houses... that's cute

and if you think a tank would be used in an uprising scenario, you have no fucking clue how anything works.

The US gov't would not use its full military force on its own land. It would end up destroying infrastructure and killing so many people that it would be impossible to control the country. The only way the US Gov't would go full totalitarian mode would be by enacting martial law with curfews, checkpoints, registries, etc. They would require footsoldiers, which would be very susceptible to small arms fire. You can say, "but muh technoligee," but you'd be forgetting that technology advances for everyone, not just governments.

Read more history. Asymmetric warfare is a bitch for an invading force, which the US military would be.
Not to mention at least half would defect and join the rebellion.
You are such a cream pie eating cuck it's unbearable.

yes

1 second of google, you stupid leaf faggot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15

The 1st-9th amendments are literally about allowing the populace to organize and conduct war against their OWN government.

>so they can repel foreign invasion.

WTF leaf. WTF. Damn the Jews and damn cultural Marxism. KYS

Yet another reason. I hope you Americans never loose your guns.

Oh yes, letting them keep a bloody handgun when the muslims have ak-47's and are gunning down everyone. I'm sure they'll be able to handle it effectively.

There may be issues, and I agree that they need the mental health check thing, but other than that, they should be allowed to have their guns, even if their assault rifles.

Exactly
Fucking Canadians dont understand anything
I hate Canada

you forget how many in the military here would be willing to be apart of the overthrow...you don't think they can get ahold of those?

no, nip
it means ArmaLite Rifle

Let me rephrase.

Hill Billy rednecks with AR15s could not overthrow the US government because the government has fighter jets, attack helicopters, battleships, aircraft carriers, tanks, elite soldiers, and oh not to mention a full nuclear arsenal with enough power to destroy the planet several times.