What do you think about prepping?

What do you think about prepping?

If shit hits the fan are you prepared to survive for a decent amount of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5m980qx5oPA
youtube.com/watch?v=J73GTfj0x-E
youtube.com/watch?v=kN8D-lVnPWA
newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i think its a good idea and entirely harmless

I have 2 months of food ready. If help doesn't come by then all hope is lost.

Word. I hate how people associate prepping with being a crazy doomsday sort of guy. Then again, ((they)) don't want the people to live in anything but the permanent present.

All prep one could need is some weapons, lots of ammo and military grade bullet vests

I have toilet paper, water, my own crops and I watch Dark preppers in youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=5m980qx5oPA

It's in spanish but if you know the language he makes the cheapest stuff that works the best.

Highly recommended.

what about food? are you going to venture out and risk your life?

Its stupid considering the paper trail prepping retards leave behind they will be the first to parish

I'm just gonna raid the local shop before anyone else a minute away from my house when the happening comes.

Sure, living inside a room the rest of your life is no life, I know cause I'm currently living this nightmare
t. Hikikomori

why would they store oranges? 0/10 Would not survive

I think it's interesting. I'm more interested in the off the grid establishments, shit like this: youtube.com/watch?v=J73GTfj0x-E

I was watching this the other day and was thinking, "there has to be like a forum or some website where people discuss shit like this, in detail."

I think with shit that Telsa is doing with their solar shingles and the power wall, in a few years it could be possible to construct a really bad-ass self-sustaining building. It's really all about renewable energy and accumulating, filtering water.

and so will everyone else, it's the first place everyone would go. I don't think anything will happen though. The only way prepping works is if you have years of supplies and a really good plan. I'm talking doomsday type scenarios though.

It's fucking retarded

The Happening will never come
We live in the Digital Age
We are beyond the need for survival

If shit ever hits the fan i will pull out an AR with my buds and raid the fucking stores for whiskey, smokes, and dried food.

>"there has to be like a forum or some website where people discuss shit like this, in detail."
>off the grid

dude what

I'm going to pay for food post Armageddon with my tight creamy boipucci

those oranges are going to go bad in like 2 weeks. do they refill that every 2 weeks? fucking idiots

>grid goes down
>all electronic receipts not available

I think more likely is all the people who know you are a prepper would come to your doorstep and ask for help. If enough people know, then you have some decisions to make if you want to help.

>what is the NSA

Probably send feds to kill you and your dog to steal all your dorritos and mountain dew

>If shit ever hits the fan i will pull out an AR with my buds and raid the fucking stores for whiskey, smokes, and dried food.
Yeah, sure.

>inb4 flag

>not prepping for at least a mild disaster like hurricane Katrina

>implying I want to survive

That shit ain't even a fallout shelter.

Here in Chile many people live raising their own crops, the problem are people from the cities and those with useless jobs like lawyers and artists
Those people must be killed with the city

I don't get why preppers buy shit, and don't just build a garden and learn how to can vegetables.

Do it every year.
>tfw I've rode out two major ones

Emergency preparedness always makes sense, however I live in NJ. If the shit hits the fan,I'm pretty much screwed no matter what I do.

Everyone preps in Japan, but not for a nuclear holocaust.

We just make sure we have bottled water, toilet paper, a flashlight, a gas burner and enough food to last for a week or two.

Because if SHTF people without resources will go looking for them. Finding a garden, or some guy tending his garden, is a good way to die.

Ever watch The Road? Shit's gonna be fucking terrifying bro. Probably be eating each other.

C'mon, Who the fuck will be following paper trails of shit after an emp?

I only heard about preppers from the Simpsons but I think they are creepy

Prepping can be smart if you do it the right way. Living in the suburbs and prepping is pretty much retarded, the US military would just lock down your entire community. You have to live up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere otherwise you're really wasting your time.

>inb4 flag
Exactly. Doomsday's already here for you and you're spending it being passively tolerant because you threw your fucking guns away

Yeah, honestly you need an underground bunker and not attached to your house. Something with a remote entrance is key. Getting to it if SHTF is a problem though so it couldn't be too far from where you live.

I wish i could build shit would love to do this.

Well look at it this way, your life now is immensely better than that of a rural guy with a bunker. He might get to live longer but at least you had a good life in civilization.

So arm yourself? I thought preppers were supposed to be buying guns.

>What do you think about prepping?
every intelligent person should do it

Ive got a suitcase full of Friday's giftcards and literally gallons of code red dew.

Pr

Our technology dependent society is more fragile than most people realize.
You're a fool if you don't have basic survival skills and at least 1-2 months of food on hand, but it is not nature you'll be surviving against, that part is relatively easy. It is desperate humans that will be the biggest threat. Get armed. Get proficient. Stock up on food, ammo, and other necessities.
There are really no downsides to being prepared. Sure, it is unlikely something big will go down, but nothing like being comfy if there is a natural disaster like an ice storm, flood, fire, or tornado in your area and you know you're going to be OK.

Self sufficiency is important for all levels of human society.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

>my own crops
impressed

youtube.com/watch?v=kN8D-lVnPWA

what about the tesco guards Nigel?

Not the dew!

There are shelters, seed and food banks in my city so I will be fine. If a nuclear attack comes I can just hide out in my basement until the dust settles.

>he is THIS deluded

All I've really done is stock up on bullets.

good luck getting water when there's fallout idiot

What does a video game have to do with water?

They have never seen the like of my custom made assault spoon lad.
In my possession I have the most devastating piece of cutlery this Island has ever seen.

It gets a bad rap.

You need consumables and food to survive - having an extra ____ in case ___ is responsible.

I drink coffee every morning. I don't run out b/c I always have a spare in the pantry
>ooooh mah gawd! Prepper freak!

Also have a shelf of canned goods I rotate and eat regularly. It's convenient and a solid assurance policy if our fragile system breaks down.

Those are clearly apples

Would you rather be self-sustained and contained for a period of time, or have to venture outside every day to water your plants in a *possibly, but very likely* hostile environment.

People are the enemy in these situations, just look at New Orleans in 2005. There was plenty of food, but niggers still raped and robbed and killed people. You DO NOT want to be around them, regardless of how many guns you have.

The keenest animals don't survive because they kill everything, it's because they've adapted to fight and use resources only when they need to.

survivialistboards is ok

wtf is in that bin? i hope that room is cold or that fucker likes apples cuz if not they're gonna spoil.

good to a point. thing about prepping is there is no way to be sure of what youre prepping for, for some things you may need to ride out a food shortage, or in other instances you might need to leave your area.

best think to have is skills and a plan for both staying and leaving, build a good BOB and couple it with decent hiking shoes, for at home a month of food, water purifier and general first aid stuff.

also get a gun. prepping is to outlive and outlast those who didnt plan ahead, those left behind will either be competent raiders or preppers like you, either way its a world where youre gonna want a gun

Same, started a small plot out front and plan to expand it yearly. I'll start canning in the next year or two, and by then I'll probably have several years of food stock piled. Also do regular drills innawoods with my 30.06 and heavy pack.

Thats why you can shit, moron.

The wealthy will get cabin fever and slaughter each other in these underground luxury bunkers. Their pampered lives shelter them from other people and normal situations.

That's not a shelter, it's some kitchen at a homeless shelter or something.

That's why you don't tell anyone. I don't tell my coworkers or friends that I have guns. Maybe 3 people I know outside of my family are aware of what I do and spend my money on.

You might be thinking of a different kind of "prepping", Belgium.

>all that fucking fruit will rot in a week
>half the cans are baked beans, the smell will be rancid
>right by window in case niggers want to steal it

>You might be thinking of a different kind of "prepping", Belgium.
ok you got me on this one ;)

The only reason you believe that is because of how fucked you'd be if shit went down due to your geographic location. I'm going to guess you live in a highly populated city.

>doesnt realize the digital age relys things like the stability of the sun

Solar flares are known to cause electrical black outs. Imagine something slightly more severe hitting computer servers.

That's exactly what I'm advocating, dildo. Having preserves/canned food, rather than a fucking little garden outside your house that you have to maintain.

Learn to read, cunt.

Three people outside of your friends and family is about 300x more than I'd ever tell. No one should know that you don't plan on taking care of later.

ive always wondered about this, the wealthy elite arent the "work together" types, their bunkers will turn into a nightmare in short time id imagine, once their bodyguards realize there is no system to enforce obedience to their masters the hierarchy in those places will change up real quick

The people who know are people like me, who also have guns and stockpile. We've already talked about shit and agreed that we'd help each other to a degree, and since we're all single it's not a case of "muh chillins need ur canned beans, time to die bruther".

Security comes from small, trusted groups. Getting too large is a foreseeable problem.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe I'm replying to a nogunz Canadian - yes you garden you absolute mongrel. You garden, and you can, and you don't live in the middle of fucking niggerville USA. You have a small group of people that help you to defend your crops and expand the field for next year. No one survives on their own. You either band together and rob, or band together and preserve.

Who needs prepping when you can just stache drugs, alcohol and cigs so people will literally trade their entire house and virginity to get that fix? Think about it. If I have a few guns, a cleaning kit, and a few crates of that gud gud then I'm in control of the junkies until it runs out and I leave with all their shit for a better future

No, you die in the first week because you don't have water and the nearest neighbor isn't a crack head.

only a fucking American. btw make sure to stock weapons and ammo first. when the shit hits the fan those will have more use considering everyone is going to raid your stash.

Water is literally the first thing you should stockpile. 1 gallon per person per day you plan on being prepared for.

I always thought the guards at the wealthy peoples bunkers would just invite their families and kill off the useless rich. I'm sure the guards are trained and have more survival skills than some actor.

Being an asocial jackass could work against you. Good luck defending your home all by your lonesome against even semi-organized groups. You should be ready to include at least some close friends in your plans to help you. They might not be super into prepping, but that doesn't mean they're babies that need to be cared for constantly while you go be the main protagonist. Teach them how to shoot and take care of themselves while it's still peacetime.

You know what's funny is that is an actual problem. That's why when rich people prep, they usually go to somewhere like New Zealand and always promise their pilots that there will be room for their immediate families.

This

But I don't do it myself

Do you know how hard it is to prep for more than a few people for an extended period of time? That's A LOT of food and water.

I'm a prepper.
I have a year's worth of food for my entire family plus food for up to 3 more adults.
I have a sustainable food and water source.
My wife and I have get home bags in our vehicles.
Every adult in my house and all of my kids over the age of 12 are proficient in at least 3 firearms, trained in hunting and preparing game and can shoot 10/10 in the black at a man-sized target at 500 yards with open sights.

I doubt anything will happen in my lifetime.
It's totally plausible that a short-term breakdown could happen in my lifetime.
It's totally plausible that I could get laid off due to automation or outsourcing (Corporate Purchasing Agent) or a stock market collapse. If I lose my job and have to go on the dole, we'll not have to worry about food or water. I can save money by not having to spend my unemployment on groceries.
I'm a prepper but I'm mostly preparing for unemployment or a localized, short-term disaster such as an earthquake or chimpout.

is nz considered a safe area?

newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich

Apparently, fucking Steve Huffman from reddit plans on bugging out there.

they were the assholes responsible for ammo prices going up because REEEEEE OBAMA REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Makes no sense if you live in a densely populated area, unless you are keeping a short emergency supplies stock.

I've got a well

I just started working on a stash. We have a couple weeks' worth of food and water, and a bunch of basic survival gear/shit we would need in the event of an extended power outage.

I'd like to get to the point where I have a year's worth of supplies stored up for my family of four.

We are califags so the possibility of an earthquake is very real.

I plan on stealing people who planned on surviving for a decent amount of time if shit hits the fan.

you wouldn't need a year of supplies for an earthquake. no localized even warrants prepping at all beyond normal amounts. the stuff you need prepping for are global or continental type of events like yellowstone blowing or a meteor impact

So you're betting your future on crackheads?

In 1995 I believe a large storm went through my town and knocked out all of the power for well over a week. With trees down and roads washed out you essentially had to walk everywhere.

After that my family has always kept 2 weeks worth of food and water and a generator.

In 2005 this saved us for the first during Hurricane Katrina when we lost power and the roads weren't clear. Took about 3 days before we could get out.

The second time was in 2010 when we got hit by the blizzard and it dropped 20 inches on us. We didn't lose power but for whatever reason our gas line was damage. We ended up hooking up our grill inside for heat. Ever since that we now store propane and a propane heater.

Point of the story, it never hurts to have a weeks worth of supplies laying around "just in case".

There are the crazy preppers who store a years worth of food for 10 people and enough ammo for a war in Africa, that shit's nuts. If the shit hits the fan do you even really want to live in a world like that? I've got my natural disaster prepping but end of the world prepping seems rediculous. If the end of the world hits I'm taking my jeep and getting the fuck out of town. I'll take my chances in the woods. Still keep a gallon of water a couple days worth of food in my jeep. Not for bug out purposes, I could get stuck out in the woods for a day or two while I wait for someone to come get me. It's a Chrysler Jeep so it breaks down, a lot....

Yeah, I realize that. My goal is to be prepared for an earthquake, which we are, and then beyond that to slowly work toward a more extreme "just in case" level of preparedness.

>the general population is a hive mind who are all going to immediately band together to go raid a prepper so they can kill them and steal their shit
Why do I see this argument in every one of these threads?

This guy knows what's up

>I'm a prepper.
>I have a year's worth of food for my entire family plus food for up to 3 more adults.
>I have a sustainable food and water source.
>My wife and I have get home bags in our vehicles.
>Every adult in my house and all of my kids over the age of 12 are proficient in at least 3 firearms, trained in hunting and preparing game and can shoot 10/10 in the black at a man-sized target at 500 yards with open sights.
>I doubt anything will happen in my lifetime.
>It's totally plausible that a short-term breakdown could happen in my lifetime.
>It's totally plausible that I could get laid off due to automation or outsourcing (Corporate Purchasing Agent) or a stock market collapse. If I lose my job and have to go on the dole, we'll not have to worry about food or water. I can save money by not having to spend my unemployment on groceries.
>I'm a prepper but I'm mostly preparing for unemployment or a localized, short-term disaster such as an earthquake or chimpout.
>yet again I posted this on Sup Forums so now CIA knows who I am and they will steal all my food and they will kill me