Georgia Police Officer Made Multiple False Arrests on Marijuana DUI Charges

>no test for Marijuana
>police can just arrest you with no reason

Why is this allowed?

Why does this guy still have a job?

khou.com/news/nation-now/the-drug-whisperer-drivers-arrested-while-stone-cold-sober/439206628

youtu.be/gWyzPpYslYc

Cobb County Police Officer T.T. Carroll: "You said you haven't had anything to drink tonight?"

Katelyn Ebner: "Not tonight, no."
Officer Carroll: "Not tonight, okay. One of the things we do is we ask people to blow through this thing, okay."

Katelyn Ebner crossed the center line, and got pulled over on the way home from work. She works in a bar, and does not drink while at work.

Officer Carroll: "Blow real hard, blow 'til I ask you to stop -- keep going, keep going -- you can stop. Okay."

No, she had not been drinking. All tests for alcohol came up empty. But the Cobb County police officer who pulled her over was not done yet.

Officer Carroll: "I'm going to ask you a question, okay? When was the last time you smoked marijuana?"
Katelyn Ebner: "Oh, I don't do that. I can give you a drug test right now."
Officer Carroll: "You don't smoke marijuana?"
Katelyn Ebner: "I do not, no."
Officer Carroll: "Okay. Well, you're showing me indicators that you have been smoking marijuana, okay?"

Officer Carroll: "Watch your wrists for me, I don't want to pinch you."
Katelyn Ebner: "I'm going to jail for marijuana?"
Officer Carroll: "No, ma'am -- not possession, unless I find any in your car. I believe you're impaired by the marijuana you've smoked."
Katelyn Ebner: "Okay, so when I do a drug test, I'll be free to go, correct?"
Officer Carroll: "You're going to jail, ma'am. Okay? I don't have a magical drug test that I can give you right now."

bump

Sup Forums will defend this, somehow

bump

I guess the cop felt he had probable cause and believed the driver was driving under the influence. it is troubling for him that he didn't mention anything about smelling weed.

The worst is hopefully over for her, this shit will get dismissed.

Read the story. He did this multiple times. He obviously is taking advantage of the fact that he needs to gather no evidence for probably cause of marijuana because there is no portable test for intoxication for it like with alcohol. Once is an accident but this guy is clearly doing it to boost his arrest numbers with hopes they will cop a plea.

This is why you dont live in a shit state full of nigger redneck subhumans. I've only had pleasant encounters with officers in Washington.

The arresting officer is White.

bump

>the whole department backed him
>He dindu nuffins
>he mo' scientifirrific than any ole drug test!
Yeah fuck this guy and that department
Makes me ashamed to have a blue lives matter patch

She may go to jail but charges will be dropped
Officer gets a slap on the wrist if anything

oh I know and that's why this will get easily be dismissed when she pleads not guilty. they'll have literally nothing on her.

at least for her she's getting her story out there.

Watch the video
They say even if its negative its positive

>they'll have literally nothing on her.
They said her negative test was positive, because reasons

So that justifies him falsely imprisoning people in hopes they will plead guilty to nothing?

I fucking work in Cobb County.
I can confirm their cops are fucking retards.
Also, what kind of place has COUNTY police? There's CITY police, the SHERIFFS department for county, Stare Pardol for statewide, and FBI for national enforcement.
But NOOOOOO. Cobb has to be different...

>why cant I just get high as fuck and operate a heavy, high velocity machine and get away with it?
fucking potheads jfc

I'm not justifying what he did.

So other things to consider: what time of night was? Was it around a holiday? I know they try to crack down on holiday weekends.

reality is he's probably just a dumb fuck cop who thought there was something more to a routine failure to maintain lane.

I commute through Cobb every day. I hope one of these cops does this shit to me so I can sue their ass off.

Wow charges dropped and officer still employed
Just like I said - what's your point?

He did this multiple times. He knew what he was doing. He was falsely arresting people to boost his stats.

And so people should have to go to jail and hire lawyers and lose alcohol certifications like the one woman in the article because he is a corrupt cop?

Don't you love the new tax payer funded Braves stadium, goy?

You guys don't have a test for it? Aus cops do.
They make you lick a thing.

You can beat it by washing your mouth out with vinegar though.

source?

The issue with tests for marijuana is that they don't measure current intoxication, just if you have had any in the past week really.

We have roadside Pot and Meth tests in Aus. They costs police departments like $2.

exactly how poor are you Amerifats anyway? do you have anything cool anymore?

ok I guess?
user I don't know what you're expecting us to say or do. It sucks it happened

maybe that it will attract attention to the fact police officers can't just drug test for weed. it's not like he can watch her piss either. would have to be a blood test?

This guy should be fired. Of course Sup Forums won't make an uproar about this though because the officer is White.

You can do a urine test (obviously not easily at a roadside) but the point is for marijuana it does not test if you are currently intoxicated, just if you have used it in the past week or even more so it is neither a reliable indicator of intoxication nor likely to hold up in court.

That's exactly what happens.
If you test for it though you get done for DUI right then and there though. They admit it doesn't say you're actually high but you still get charged.

no, there wont be an uproar becuase Sup Forums doesnt give a shit about weedjunkies.

>Sup Forums are patriots to their countries.
>weed lowers worker productivity
>lowered productivity effects GDP
>weedjunklies are negatively impacting their country's Stats.
>You can't negatively impacting your country's Stats AND be a patriot.

Well that is retarded. Shouldn't hold up in court, at least here it won't. I doubt we have that many successful convictions for marijuana DUI where no actual marijuana was found at the scene if the person is not visibly intoxicated.

A test that just says if you have used a substance in the past week can not reliably prove criminal guilt of DUI. I am sure that could be fought in court if you were not visibly high.

These people didn't even use weed.

you want Sup Forums to go on a crusade over a small town in georgia? most normies dont even give a shit, what makes Sup Forums special?

wew lad
no, it's not because the officer was White. Its because nobody really cares that much.
This is a local news level story that happens in every where across the country.

Now, had Muffin been black and instead of been cooperative she reached into her glove box and then got shot like what ends up happening to the most notorious of these chimps, then we would stick up for him.

no, the issue is that the police officer was under-equipped to fulfil the role he was employed for: keeping society safe from lawbreakers, including those endangering lives on the road because of their drug use.

You can't argue the test isn't effective in court.
That's not their role and the judge will tell you that.. They've been told the test works so it does and you're going to loose your license.

The only way to get out of it would be to launch an appeal and most stoners don't have money for that.

He wasn't TRYING to stop lawbreakers. He was perfectly well-equipped but was not even trying to do his job correctly.

>most stoners don't have money
Very low productivity, many such cases. sad.

I don't know what the standard for conviction is in Australia, and I know most people cop a plea here, but they could not convict you beyond a reasonable doubt if you cannot tell if someone has smoked a week ago or an hour before driving.

But the cop is just following his training - he can't be chastised for doing what he's supposed to.

Those people all proved they weren't using - but the article doesn't tell you how many people he got that actually WERE stoned / drunk sobs. Hint it's probably more than three false positives.

>He wasn't TRYING to stop lawbreakers
Umm, try reading sweatie.

>Katelyn Ebner crossed the center line, and got pulled over on the way home from work

you know what comes about 5 seconds after a car crosses the centre line? A head on collision.

you'll understand once your old enough to get a car licence.

He was not following his training. He was clearly trying to arrest people who had done nothing wrong. He knew what he was doing. We also don't know how many more bullshit arrests this cop made.

County police is incredibly common throughout the south. Large areas in between often poor city limits.

>our officers are more accurate than scientific test

its easy to say fuck these people when you're not the one spending thousands of dollars in legal bills and months of time going through the court system. In America we are not supposed to prove our innocents.

Still subhuman. Still a nog.

Lick them boots faggot and suck my dick.

>Those people all proved they weren't using
Yet he put falsely accused, charged, and treated and talked to them like they were guilty of drug use ("I believe you're impaired by the marijuana that you've smoked," "you're going to jail."), even when there was zero probable cause, zero "indicators," and she'd already said she doesn't smoke. This was all done to try to and make them plead guilty to false charges.

>but the article doesn't tell you how many people he got that actually WERE stoned / drunk sobs.
Because it doesn't matter. He's a piece of shit who was out to get his rocks off and throw many people in jail, he didn't care who was innocent and who wasn't, in fact he almost certainly got thrills putting innocent people in jail, then they have to go through hell and spend all their money trying to defend their innocence. The sob is him.

>Hint it's probably more than three false positives.
Hint, you have no idea, and its probably not.

One bad apple.

It's actually pretty badass. Still pissed though...

Hmm. Learn something new every day...

THe State of Georgia, not even once.

Those folks probably have a nice payday due from the department. I wonder what is the standard for legal states?

lawyers arn't cheap

"Drug Recognition Expert"
They're not expert anything except shit.

They attend a 30-day joke and now pretend that they're expert anything. No, but really the course probably has legitimacy in very elementary, basic areas, but that doesn't mean shit with a cop who's a POS, or an idiot department leadership that makes dumb as hell statements like this one did.

Yes the professional shills will. And they'll also brush it off.

>I'm not justifying what he did.
Yes you are. And you're also not criticizing him trying to ruin the lives of innocent people. Shillfuck.

No surprise, these shills will trash innocent people that cops kill and torture, and trash victims that cops rape and sexually assault.

this motherfuckers

The south is still very anti - weed, you're out of your mind if you think its going to be legal down there any time soon.

Apparently in Colorado they use the field sobriety test followed by a blood test after the arrest.

There is no standard field chemical test like a alcohol breathalyser, so they rely on officer observations and training and that is subject to human error.

Since legalization is on the horizon, I think it it would be smart to watch out for investment opportunities.

Nice thread OP.