Should modern medicine be as expensive as it is?

Should modern medicine be as expensive as it is?

Free healthcare is a meme, but there's also no excusing how expensive it is just to even go the doctor, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_value_unit
selfpaypatient.com/2014/01/03/insured-patients-can-save-money-by-pretending-to-be-uninsured/
wsj.com/articles/how-to-cut-your-health-care-bill-pay-cash-1455592277
heartland.org/news-opinion/news/shamelessly-uninsured-self-pay-patients-pay-themselves
latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-healthcare-pricing-20160610-snap-story.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>expensive going to the doctor
Yeah for third worlders like you, maybe.

It is not that expensive outside the US.

Wouldn't wearing that many bracelets get in the way alot?

It is expensive because tons of blacks, mexicans, and illegals just stiff the doctor/hospital.

I'm gunna need healthcare for my dick falling off after fapping so hard to this semen demon

>In my country it's free full of immigrants (moors). Once I went because white tongue and told me that I had an STD, I said ok whatever and bye (I was a kissless virgin back then).

You americans only need to get te government out, there are so many regulations and so little competition that the price just goes up.

Good goy.

This. Blindly patriotic amerishits who brazenly defend our backwards education and healthcare systems are retards

You can get still get some STDs without needing to have sex fagit.
Literally HIV

Sup Forums

>There's no excuse

I think having patent on something I researched or you paying for your bad lifestyle choices is pretty good excuse. But hey, you can always smoke weed if you don't like my pharma scenario but don't get caught while not making me any money, that's illegal.

It could be cheaper if there was less government regulation and a free market. Insurance companies add to the problem. If you aren´t paying the treatment yourself you really don´t care how much it costs do you? If you look a medical products that aren´t covered by insurance like eye surgery you can see that the cost is constantly falling and the quality rising because companies compete for coustomers.

Would it be that cheap that everyone could afford it? I don´t know. We will mostlikly never find out because the restrictions in the health sector will more likely increase rather than decrease.

I fuck feet

>Should modern medicine be as expensive as it is?
Yes. Everything that a "professional" does should be expensive. And when you go to a clinic you're not just paying the doctor, you're paying for his nurses, the building, all the overpriced equipment, the taxes, etc. Everyone that has ever tried "lowering costs" in health care has failed dramatically because there really isn't as much waste or overpayment as you'd be led to believe.

>Free healthcare is a meme,
Singlepayer in the US would raise your income taxes to match countries like Australia or the UK. Which is to say they'd go up between 5 to 10 times what you pay now. Let's say you currently make 50k a year, pay 5k a year in taxes, and you buy health insurance for 5k a year. To get singlepayer like in the UK you'd save the 5k a year you pay for health insurance but your taxes would go up to or over 15k a year so you'd end up paying 5k or more per year for the health coverage you already have.

If you made closer to 100k a year you could end up paying nearly 40k a year in income taxes to pay for health coverage that you previously had to pay 5k for. "Free healthcare" is definitely just a meme.

Not in the US, for a huge variety of reasons.
>treatment providers overbill massively, either to garner additional shekels (private providers) or to subsidize administrative bloat (large hospitals)
>some of this is actual fraud (changing treatment codes)
>patients don't care because insurance covers it >insurance handles too many claims to care, and they can't verify what actually happened anyway
>people without insurance care, but they're poor so fuck them

Another one:
>easy to sue doctors for malpractice
>lots of extra tests are run so they can cover their asses

>>treatment providers overbill massively, either to garner additional shekels (private providers) or to subsidize administrative bloat (large hospitals)
>>some of this is actual fraud (changing treatment codes)
>>patients don't care because insurance covers it >insurance handles too many claims to care, and they can't verify what actually happened anyway
>>people without insurance care, but they're poor so fuck them
If you actually reworked the system none of this would be a problem

Before government took over. I could shop around many doctors and all kinds of care business. I just told em I don't have insurance and can you cut me a deal. All would say how much can you afford. I would say $100. And walk out with a bag full of samples of the latest drugs every-time. Now its all fucked.

QT

>none of this would be a problem
It isn't a problem, he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

>>>treatment providers overbill massively,
Incorrect on its face. Medical treatment prices in the US are tied to what are known as "RVUs."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_value_unit
Every insurance including government payers sets prices according to RVUs and creates a fee schedule for the provider. You could bill 1,000x times what your RVU based fee schedule is, but the insurance is only ever going to pay the "allowable amount" that is standardized.

>>>some of this is actual fraud (changing treatment codes)
Claims get audited constantly. And payers can demand overpayment refunds YEARS after a claim is submitted. And if you pull any "fraud" on government payers you could end up in jail. Not to mention, insurance billers and coders are certified and third party, they have no incentive to "bloat" any claim.

>>>patients don't care because insurance covers it >insurance handles too many claims to care, and they can't verify what actually happened anyway
This is all bullshit. Payers have sophisticated computer systems that comb through every claim looking for unusual billing. On top of that humans pore through claims looking for inconsistencies between CPT (procedure) codes and ICD (diagnosis) codes. And on top of that patients are routinely contacted to verify services.

>>>people without insurance care, but they're poor so fuck them
selfpaypatient.com/2014/01/03/insured-patients-can-save-money-by-pretending-to-be-uninsured/
wsj.com/articles/how-to-cut-your-health-care-bill-pay-cash-1455592277
heartland.org/news-opinion/news/shamelessly-uninsured-self-pay-patients-pay-themselves
latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-healthcare-pricing-20160610-snap-story.html

"Would someone go on the internet and just lie?"

>Free healthcare is a meme, but there's also no excusing how expensive it is just to even go the doctor, right?

Should modern coffee be as expensive as it is?

Free coffee is a meme, but there's no excusing how expensive it is just to go to the cafe, right?

Healthcare could be cheaper but only those that meet the standards can practice medicine therefor the cost is artificially high.

>companies compete
L0Lno
Lrn2corporate-collusion fgt pls

yes, but salaries should be like 10x they are and the 0.1% should not have 50% of wealth

oh well