Kids already look at these the same way we caught the tail end of floppy disks...

Kids already look at these the same way we caught the tail end of floppy disks...Discs are basically glorified film reel...the best of the archaic. Like a chrome rock.

How does it feel to witness the present become the past quicker than our forefathers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3qC7_KoIemw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Flash drive master race will go to the stars.

Video games are still mostly on them so they're not totally foreign yet

I still have 5.25" floppy disks and a Zip drive. fite me.

I used to work at a Barnes and Noble bookstore most of those places POS system is still powered by Zip drives. They should have waited an extra year or two before committing to one form of data storage technology SAD!

Holy shit. How long ago? Those things were awful even when they were the latest and greatest.

So far my favorite has been mini-discs. Those things were like magic. Can't believe they didn't catch on.

Problem is these are electrically coupled, when a surge hits they get zapped. By comparison, optical storage is optically coupled and nearly impossible to destroy by surge/lightning (unless direct hit)/flood (unless highly corrosive waters)

Also, they're massively ECC-ed so they can be recovered. Admittedly they're not great with heat.

like 2 years ago i left they were still using them. Shit was scary whenever we had to do an update because of how volatile and unreliable they are.

onsoles should have been obsolete a decade ago. its just a ploy to control the market.

okay grandpa

hows the chemotherapy

video games are now mostly downloaded.

I'm used to it.

Things are still being adopted too slowly for my tastes.

Audio CDs are shit compared to vinyl records.

Given that Sup Forums was blocked in france during the elections by the government for fear of persuading votes for Le Pen....evidence is needed for not being a Gov Bot.

The majority of plebs and normies still use optical media either through DVD/BD or with their faggy console gaymen.

This blocking was necessary to ensure fachism doesn't take over.

I've gotta thanks mr Soros for that
HEIL Macron

This is what you call Moore's Law. I witnessed the obsolescence and revitalization of LP's, the end of the cassette, the 8Track, VHS, dot-matrix printers, rotary telephones, the end of tube stereos. And even more modern stuff, like SD cards, which are now miniaturized. Tube televisions to flat screens, about a hundred game systems, the advent of GPS - which some people still do not use, bluetooth connectivity, and even battery technology (LiON batts) that are still evolving. When you quit trying to evolve with technology, you become officially old.

The time of the quickening. The forever increasing rate in new technology and new discoveries will one day happen at a pace so fast, that if we're still around to witness it, it will take our merging with technology to adapt to it.

A slice of time from the human historic experience always looks different. Where as wasps birds and beavers have been making their same nests and environments for millennia. Any slice of time of the human experience looks very different. We are the main event of nature and we are about to transcend ourselves.

nice. Hopefully we will not turn ourselves into dust by making a wrong turn, though

Pretty good actually. This thread got pruned and deleted but now it's back.

>Hopefully we will not turn ourselves into dust by making a wrong turn, though
We've gotta be cautious about the americans, they seem to be having a pumpkin skinned blonde troublemaker that might start some shit

mods are probably butthurt millenials

Do you not realise that Macron & the EU are the actual Facists?

Vinyl is 100% shit and is only enjoying a resurgence due to hipster faggots. CD quality audio/digital is superior.

Fuck off, grandpa frog eater.

Materialism will end once humans re-learn spiritualism.

Too bad your retarded ass won't be around in this incarnation to witness it.

CD is digital so it's shit.

Nigga they're still popular as hell

Depends what you're listening to. Stuff that was engineered and mastered to sound like it was on vinyl back back when that was the norm is sometimes subtly magical when you play it on the kind of equipment it was meant to be played on.

My great grandmother was born before before powered flight by humans and before electricity, cars, broadcast radio, and even indoor plumbing in much of the US, were common. And she lived long enough to read about animals being cloned and this new internet thing taking the world by storm.

While in many ways technology and science advances are accelerating, what has the average person seen in the past 20 years? Smart phones? The rise of the surveillance economy? Slimmer laptops? Dumbass shit like 3D TV or VR googles?

At the moment and for quite a while, it seems we're past the point of diminishing returns. No doubt this will change at some, but how? Robot cars? A.I. that reminds you to buy toilet paper?

My nation is doomed, too much propaganda. We're beyond saving. We might just get nuked

A Europe unified as one under a totalitarian rule..
Wasnt that Hitlers idea?....and now Merkel is following it by collapsing economies, taking over governments?
Maybe you want to re-think who the facists are..

If you like the distortion, hiss and pops and clicks of vinyl, you should record this objectively 'worse' sound (which you very well may like better) into a digital format.

No one have ever - EVER - been able to tell the difference between vinyl and a quality digital recording of vinyl - in a properly done listening test.

How is scratching, popping, clicking and jumping superior?

Sad and strange. I had to put a home video disc given to a relative on a DVD cause who has BR burners? And how should people aged 60+ know how to play files on home theater TVs and where should they store the files long term?

eh not really OP. sure digital is popular but discs have their uses and there isn't young people confused when they see one. only reason floppies were old is due to the shit memory. discs hold a modest 7gb and 50gb if on Blu-ray. not sure how this relates to politics though

thank you

It's hard for another person to delete your CD.

The CD was the worst form of media. It's devices weren't really more compact or more durable than tapes, flash/hard drive storage was superior, couldn't hold more information than a music album, read times were slow.

yes durable like all those old tapes rotting away, if making sure to put the cd in it's case is to much for you then maybe digital is the right thing for you

the fact that it's a physical production of sound helps

you can't listen to a CD without a digital interpreter

Appreciation of classical mediums/styles is a hallmark of Western society and the antithesis of Niggerdom, which fetishises "new thangz"
Niggers deride illuminated manuscripts, dead languages and traditional values as "days dat oldskool, gibs me Beats by Dre and new Jordans yo"
The Jew Usury requires planned obsolescence in order to feed the debt slavery, whereas the Western Value is to fix/restore before replacing.

Tl;dr: Nigger artifacts end up in white museums because Niggers don't give a fuck about history or culture.

I didn't arrive on the tail end of floppies, I used to trade nes and snes roms with them, even spanned the bigger ones on multiple disks with winzip. It sucked, those floppy shits were amazingly unreliable also 1.44mb is pathetic.

CDs were better but in tropical climates they rot very fast for some reason. USB keys are tough, I even washed one and fell in the lake with another and they still work.

Having nostalgia for that is like having nostalgia for the days when you had to get water from a well with a bucket and if you wanted a warm bath you'd have to hear the water on the stove.

it also requires extremely precise and complex electronics

Ever put a CD in the microwave? It's fun, especially with the lights off.

get on my level

Magnetic tape outlasts CDs. Newer CDs are made of biodegradable material even.

nigga are you srs

>1.44mb
>Pathetic
In it's day it was bretty gud

I have never had a CD unravel on me while playing, but please tell us all about how HDDs in 1983 were generally 500MB+ and how tapes could load load your songs faster than CDs due to their superior linear access.

Nice political topic OP, go hang yourself.

Vinyl is shit. Trying to convince people that you, yourself, are not a nigger isn't working. I have synthesizers older than you, nigger faggot.

Dude remember when they had 2.88MB ones for a while? Why does the good stuff never catch on?

interesting fact, CDs go to shit pretty fast... about 20 years, start to warp and stuff.

>Discs are basically glorified film reel
Lrn2film fgt pls

Can't say I have but I have used CD's as accessories to be placed at the background of theater plays.

I don't know, there is something about the way the music use to sound out of the horns. It had an echo, it gives soul and feeling to the music.
Listen to this and tell me that having a perfect digital sound flat out beats this hauntingly "pure" imperfect sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qC7_KoIemw

I have CD's from 1995 that are still fine you fucking faggot

I was born at the end of the vinyl era, grew up listening to cassettes and CD's, then became adult during the popularization of MP3.

CD is a shit medium, it's too fragile and impersonal to be fully likable. Plus there is nothing great about collecting them since their covers and printed material that goes with them are too small...

Cassettes are indestructible, but sounds like shit.

Vinyls are great but cannot be fully enjoyed without a proper HiFi setup and a comfy place to listen to them. The sleeves can be amazing because of their decent size, plus you can actually see and touch the music...

If you are mature enough to enjoy beautiful books, then you can enjoy vinyl records. If you prefer e-books, then stick to mp3's and such. CDs are nothing to be missed. They're just expensive pieces of plastic crap in shitty crystal cases that breaks within days...

Why don't you throw and rope over the bathroom door and hang yourself. You'll get all the spiritualism you want that way.

fuck those usb keys and sdcards are better

Il y a du vrai mais tu casses les couilles faire ton élitiste de mes deux

ok, kiddo

I'm sure you can tell how it sounds trough a Youtube video on your phone.

>Complains about "digital"
>Offers us a "pure" performance to bolster his opinions, which is a DIGITAL RECORDING on YouTube.
Get a life, luddite faggot

CDroms take up space, the drive takes up space, it's bloated

Because digital is "perfect" It captures it and I hear it. But the way to get that sound was from what they had.

Et en quoi fais-je mon élitiste exactement?