Does the 2nd amendment protect arms that have not been invented yet?

Does the 2nd amendment protect arms that have not been invented yet?

What if someone came up with a "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range", for hunting, in their garage?

Does the first amendment prevent communications media that have not been invented yet?

SHALL

can i text "fire" to people in a movie theater?

Yes. Over and over again, yes. The 2nd protects every other Amendment. Look at how easy it is for free speech to be suppressed and law and order to be suspended on a political whim in places like Berkeley.

Yes.

the future is coming. i can't wait for my laser hunting rifle.

How would 40 watt be enough? At least going by light bulbs 40 watts can be quite a lot of light but not enough to do more than blind.

Presumably, real life energy weapons would just use some sort of microwave that cooked you internally. Far less energy required than vaporizing you for the several inches required before they got to any vital organs.

You can't read by a 5 watt light bulb, but a 5 watt laser will burn your eyes out.

Just whatcha see, pal

Pretty sure it even covers your car.

is there any kind of law that explicitly says you can't own a nuclear weapon?

a car when used for hunting?

No, but you have to register your nuke as a destructive device before getting it. I doubt you can get a license even for a small nuke. Fucking commies.

LMFAO! I've been talking about wanting a phase plasma rifle in a 40 watt range for Christmas since i was 10. I still mumble about it at age 36.

Anyways, no. They wouldn't let us have anything too dire. They don't let Americans use fully automatic weapons, or missile launchers, or grenade launchers, or anything really fun and entertaining or the whole family.

The 2nd amendment was intended to protect the people of America from the government. If they military is giving out standard issue phased plasma rifles to its infantry, the american people should also have access to protect themselves

not hunting ducks with nukes. why even live.

All implements of war.

>phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
Practicing electrical engineering without a state licence.

As far as owning said weapon, that would be up to the police to charge you with the crime, DA to confirm the charge, and the court to prove guilt.

>They don't let Americans use fully automatic weapons, or missile launchers, or grenade launchers
You can own all these things, they are just expensive.

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

even if it is not a military weapon and was invented in your garage for "advanced hunting technology"? us gov stifling the innovative spirit as always.

>Practicing electrical engineering without a state licence.
Only if you are selling your services or modifying homes.

>"phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range"
Just what you see, pal

You can try, but I don't know how successful it would be.

I'm pretty sure the second amendment was instated before ful auto rifles were invented so yeah, it probably does.

well they are expensive and you have the feds checking in on you from time to time.

not so much successful, but would it be against the law? skirting on supreme court free speech cases.

arms

ärmz/

noun

weapons and ammunition; armaments.

"they were subjugated by force of arms"

synonyms:weapons,weaponry,firearms,guns,ordnance,artillery,armaments,munitions,matériel

"the illegal export of arms"

Unless we all agree to change the definition, looks like it.

>>I'm pretty sure...
Take a lot of US constitutional law in the land of toothpaste do we?

>What if someone came up with a "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range", for hunting, in their garage?
Then he would make an awful lot of money on this.

But seriously it doesn't specify what kind of arms it protects therefore it protects all of them.

There are international treaties about it.

Yes

Shall not be infringed.

YEP

Also before you say a Plasma Rifle is deadlier than a shotgun or musket consider that the .75 caliber Brown Bess was pretty much a 1 shot kill weapon back then and nobody wore armor.

For most of our wars soldiers didn't wear armor, you got shot and you was in the hurt locker, dead, or needed patched up.

If its a weapon and the military has access to it, the civilian militia is obligated to receive it too.

> since the military may have to be confronted to remove the government, civilian access is required

It probably wouldn't be all its cracked up to be. Pretty much just a hunting rifle that doesn't have a bullet drop and uses common (energy cells) for ammo.

And its not gonna be silent either, a pulse firing laser that intense is going to excite the air in its path and it'll snap like a small lightning bolt.

Nifty but overall just more practical.

>>What if someone came up with a "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range", for hunting, in their garage?

lol. it's not a crime if no one doesn't gets Hertz.

Hypothetically, let's say some loser using Magnetron tubes from discarded microwave ovens in series, to make a device capable of resonating at 24 GHz, creating a directed waveguide system. Then, if he hypothetically installed it in his car and fried the electronics of loud rice burners and bass'd bro mobiles and got caught, this would be a civil matter.

But when he fries nutsacks and fuses fallopian tubes, shit just got real and he'll get Lavoy Finicum'd or JFK'd

Tv movie stuff. He probably meant to say 40 Megawatts.

but heck even 40 Kilowatts would do alot of damage to someone (considering that a divisor of probably 10 verses physical damage since its coming purely from heat - you're taking as much of a hit as a .30-06)

You know? You're right.