Twitter apologizes for not banning Trump when they had the chance

>Evan Williams, who still sits on the company's board of directors, recently told the New York Times that he wants to repair the damage he thinks Twitter and the broader Internet have wrought on society in the form of trolls, cyberbullies, live-streamed violence, fake news and — yes — Trump.

>“I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place,” Williams told the Times. “I was wrong about that.”

archive.is/A2MNG

Other urls found in this thread:

code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/build-a-twitter-clone-from-scratch-the-design--net-28438
archive.fo/sleHA
archive.org/details/TheGulagArchipelago-Threevolumes
gab.ai/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Translation: We're going to censor the Internet goyim. Freedom of speech and ideas are bad because (((non-kosher))) ideas may spread.

>When you want to create a free market of ideas but everyone votes to support ideas you don't like so well I guess we got to shut it down

>I am a retarded hippie utopian faggot
>whoops

Must be a real shock to liberals who thought they knew how everyone thought to see Trump won & Republicans in control

>Sorry for not stifling the free speech that you guys don't like

I'm confused, do they not have the guts to ban him now that he won?

When exactly did this "we need to get rid of people talking to each other on the Internet" thing start?

>Apologizing for not being a total Bigot from the start
still jarring for me whenever I see these retards not knowing the definition of the word Bigot.

But they already play favouritism and censor certain figures for "harassment" let allow literal ISIS accounts up calling for the deaths of infidels. Plus it seems every liberal account seems to have the verified tick next to their name.

The real reason why they didn't ban Trump because it would have caused a shitstorm and he brings in a lot of traffic to their website, something they need because Twitter is dying.

>“I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place,” Williams told the Times. “I was wrong about that.”
Holy shit lol.

When the narrative began breaking down. It turns out that preception actually is reality after all.

why doesnt he admit that he is wrong about everything else that he believes?

Too bad. If they didn't create twitter, Sup Forums would have won MUCH QUICKER

Twitter is NOTHING but a dram haphazardly propped up between us and the normies desperately trying to step the tide of MASSIVE truth they can no longer fucking control.

IT'S OVER

stop giving these assholes money

They have literally gone anti-free speech.

The Marxists really did a number on western civilization boys. I think we might be fucked too many are too far gone

fyi, if anyone remembers the Guciffer 2.0 leaks, Twitter donated a lot of money to Hillaries campaign

Twitter can always commit seppuku in penance
Just sayin'

The backlash would be massive

Jesus Christ. If this doesn't bite him in the ass, I don't know what will. Fucking Jews.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

t. einstein

>Twitter apologizes for not banning Trump when they had the chance
If they banned him he would've won with 10% over Hillary

It's so funny when those retarded kikes are unaware of the Streisand Effect and are using the basic textbook methods to suppress information.

>freedom of speech is wrong if we dont agree with that speech and should work towards curbing anything we dont like

Hopefully Trump destroys their headquarters.

>I think we might be fucked too many are too far gone

They have no clue how to defend themselves, and they go into shock if you use the wrong pronoun.

I'm not worried.

when authoritarian jews began coming for the internet because they realized they need to SHUT IT DOWN, THE GOYIM ARE WAKING UP

Oh, yeah, doesn't Twitter still let ISIS run a verified account? i guess it's okay when moderate beheaders use twitter to recruit new moderate beheaders, but FUCK BLONALD BLUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE.

that is possibly the most damning sentence that someone who proclaims to be an advocate for free speech could ever utter.

Someone make it!

well... why not?

Just need to think of a catchy name... The actual system behind it can't be that fucking complicated that it can't be reproduced with a CME.

It is even more egregious that this is the man who founded and runs a public $15+ billion social media company.
And that he's referring to silencing the President.
Death to Twitter.

When the jews realized they can't contain ideas on the internet. Twitter and Kikebook are Maginot lines trying to contain the truth about the jewish vermin and their lies.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” ― William F. Buckley Jr.

He's right though. In the sense that that itself won't fix everything. It's still the right thing to have but to think it will just make everything better is silly. The world is just being engulfed in truth.

B um p

I HATE ruby but......
>google "twitter clone tutorial"
>first link is -> code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/build-a-twitter-clone-from-scratch-the-design--net-28438
>project name: ribbit
PRAISE KEK!

Ah yes.
Fuck free speech

Cant ban the president lol

they could ban @RealDonaldTrump but then he could just tweet from the POTUS account

Twatter stock is a ponzi scam.
Periscope is awful it freezes constantly.
Twatters only business plan is selling twatter to another company for billions.

HA
They couldn't sacrifice money
for their stupid propaganda

You can only push against the tide so much.

Twitter stock only goes down lower and lower.

Why do these fags hate Trump so much if he's a kike shill?

>he could just tweet from the POTUS account
Libs would flip their shit way more. It would be like election night all over again, except instead of merely his opinion, he would be making official proclamations about how shitty Rosie O'Donnel et al. are

You didn't need to quote that many posts for that statement. It's a fine thing to say and plenty of people would see it if you just quoted OP.

Nobody appreciates scrolling through and remembering to forget to check your post.

>>“I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place,” Williams told the Times. “I was wrong about that.”
Oy vey it's literally another shoah

SHUT

how manz people live on zour island?

archive.fo/sleHA ibtimes article of the same

>>“I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place,” Williams told the Times. “I was wrong about that.”

No... you were right about that. It's the dialog among whites that 'wait... you're a victim of the niggerization of america too?' that allowed the galvanization required for non sjw's to say 'you know what? fuck this shit.'

Unfortunately, for the jew, this is 'bad'. Sorry Moshe, the goy know.

>The world is just being engulfed in truth.

Then it IS in a better place.

I've seen lefties argue that Israel is a white supremacist society oppressing Palestinian People of Color

>mfw

He's right. All information given to people needs to pass through the mainstream media filter first.

>jews
>white
kek

So is this why they promote the same (((verified))) accounts to the top of the response stack on every Trump tweet? Those guys that get like a 15 chain tweet response to everything Trump tweets, where they epicly #DebunkDeumpf?

Twitter and liberals are so pathetic in general

>We thought free exchange would make the world a better place, but turns out you goys, er, guys, were coming to some pretty scary conclusions when you got to talk to each other openly! Better shut it down!

Just fuck Twitter up

I'm not saying what I think. I'm saying what they think.

basically: he thought everyone would naturally propagate and continue the liberal narrative he was indoctrinated with during middle and highschool, and higher education like college, and was surprised that people who are free thinkers were able to have so much sway and power to break the conditioning. he now regrets giving those people a voice, and wishes the liberal narrative could go back to having an unchecked, unrivaled dominance on projection in the media

They're legitimately surprised that most people disagree with their views, but are merely keep quiet because the libs are so insufferable that keeping your mouth shut is the path of least resistance to some peace and quiet.

IT

>get banned for racism against non-whites
Fucking kikes

Damn. Now would be the time to make a competitor to twitter. If he gets banned and you can get him on that you would be rich. I DM's that faggot Milo 10000 times I would help him build one but he has no interest.

>free speech is only good when it benefits my side

There is that one that molyneux and vox day promoted. It has a frog for a mascot. Shit. Can't believe I forgot it.

Is this real? Fucking savages.

Some 5000 years ago, when Judaism was created. Latest cases are on youtube, more recent large scale example:

archive.org/details/TheGulagArchipelago-Threevolumes

fucking vanilla softee thinking getting personally banned from a social media site makes the world objectively worse

There are two reasons why they won't

>Partisanship

Yeah, MSM is partisan as hell, but a social media site like Twitter is supposed to be a relatively "neutral" site where things are said and the CNN and the like pretend they're neutral while they do hit piece after hit piece.

If they tried to silence Trump, it would show how painfully partisan silicon valley and beyond are.

>fear of popularity
Actually banning Trump as opposed to implicitly disapproving of him might mean a competitor more tolerant of his viewpoints could gain ground. Twitter has far, far more to lose from that.

Free speech doesn't apply to private corporations, like Twitter.
I would have no problem with twitter censoring people.

It's not illegal, but it's unethical.

is it open to everyone yet?

DOWN

They allow those accounts so that the authorities can keep an eye on the terrorists. Honest.

gab.ai/

its gab

Then they screech free speech when you start to fight back.

kek has spoken then.

If we can make it publicly known that the left uses censorship and is anti-freedom, that would go a long way for four more years of Trump.
Also, Trump could decide that Twitter and facebook are a case of monopolies and market failures and force them by law to open their distribution networks to other companies.

That's a "Muh feelings" argument. Not an argument, really.

So the free market of ideas creates a populist movement that rallied behind trump. And because the side that this faggot is on lost, even though they had access to all they same tools, the MSM, and spent more money, he wants to cancel free speech?

Decentralized internet when?

nice freedom you got there

"Muh free market" isn't an argument either, especially when these corporations are openly colluding with governmental actors in the first place.

So stupid. The alternative is to censor the exchange of information which would certainly lead to bad results eventually. Freedom at least has the chance to tend in the right direction. This guy is a fucking idiot.

btw there are a lot of people on here already that are fairly known. Sam Hyde is on there some others

liberals will eat this up though
they hate the idea of free speach

What a faggot
These Democrats are such sore losers it's insane

Fpbp

Yeah that's the thing though. Gab is purely an echo chamber. What we want is a fair space on twitter.

won't happen m8

sounds alot like Sup Forums
i didn't know freedom meant people doing things that suck

Then it's simple. Wait for the stock to crash then buy out the company and form a voting bloc of stockholders.

We like free speech, but then people said things we didn't like and that's when we knew free speech was evil.

You're one to talk.

Also my pronouns are "Day of the rake when" / "The USA has the best hockey teams" / "The USA is better than Canada"

Use my pronouns or face prosecution.

kek

This is literally calling for censorship, but liberals will love it.

Yet they PRAISE 1984 as gospel.

shootme

I wish the left would just quit pretending to support free speech or rational discourse, because it's pretty clear that whenever they don't have control of a medium and free discourse is allowed, they always lose out and then demand censorship and expulsion of opponents.

Banning a candidate for POTUS because you don't like him.

wew lad

It's those bloody french post-modernists. They don't believe in dialog or logic so they're perfectly content to exercise raw power and try to shut down debate and speech they don't like.

And we can freely criticize private corporations for being horrible.

Pretty much

This has potential.
Can we get
>twitter caused trump
or something to start trending? We might finally get rid of twitter and facebook.

Once people get their eyes off the screens and start to see the world around them, they might start to wake up.