GATE: Gifted And Talented Education

Old Threads:

Last Thread:
A few similarities about us became apparent as the threads naturally evolved;
- Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
- Occipital Bun (aka math bump on the back of skull)
- Birth Complications (like weeks early or not breathing)
- Near Death Experiences (particularly drowning)
- lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
- windows were covered
- tendency to being followed (abductions and general tracking too)

Other similarities, less common but still a few exGATErs agree on these too;
- Interest in /x/ phenomena
- Heavy early twenties drug period
- Forehead scares
- Early speech therapy
- First born sons
- Migraines
- Israeli art student girlfriends (not even joking)
- Meme Magic
- Premonitions/prophetic dreams
- Above average intuition

Other urls found in this thread:

nagc.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted_education
archive.is/qQkpC
fooledbyrandomness.com/SITG.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping to remind everyone this shit is far to creepy.

Yes.
Yes.
- Birth Complications
3-4 months early
>Had something like that on a trip to Cocoa Beach, nearly drowned in a pool because my autismo brain told me to keep going to the deep end.
- lack of memory of GATE
>I have a lack of memory of GATE specifically, I believe they changed their name at some point. What we did was under the PETS (Primary Education Thinking Skills) program. Don't remember much about the teacher, I remember she had a poster of the 2004 Athens Olympics on her wall during the last year I was there.. Large Swaths of my memory are missing from that timeframe when I was in GATE/PETS, don't remember much about what I did there.
- windows were covered
>No windows in room, back behind the library.
- tendency to being followed
>Feeling like I'm being followed sometimes, never experienced being followed, except before I switched middle schools after the program.
>Yes, what got me interested in Sup Forums in the first place, found /x/.
>19. Haven't reached that yet, but wouldn't be surprised if I do, spent the last summer smoking weed with friends.
- Forehead scares
>Not particularly.
- Early speech therapy
>Yes, a lot of it. Still have a slight speech impediment.
- First born sons
>Yes, my younger brother didn't go into it.
- Migraines
>Occasionally.
- Israeli art student girlfriends
>I'm on Sup Forums, what makes you think I have had a gf let alone one that specific?
- Meme Magic
>Yes, helped in the meme war.
>Some, get deja vu VERY often, most likely an error in memory processing and storage, not fixable though.
>Yes.

All of this is pretty strange.

Reposting mine from last thread:
>Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
My eye color is blue and grey.
>Occipital Bun (aka math bump on the back of skull)
I guess.
>Birth Complications (like weeks early or not breathing)
Nope.
>Near Death Experiences (particularly drowning)
Nope.
>lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
I was not in GATE, I got recommended for CTY. I got in, top 1% of scores nationwide when I took the test.
I only took one course in it, an online one, it really creeped me out. I remember freaking out b/c it felt like someone was fucking me the entire course. As if I was being treated as if I were a child(what I told my parents), and somethings plaything(kept this bit to myself).
>windows were covered
Nope. Did online course.
>tendency to being followed (abductions and general tracking too)
I always felt a tad paranoid like someone is following me.
>Interest in /x/ phenomena
Sorta.
>Heavy early twenties drug period
18, we will see but I've stayed totally clean up till now.
>Forehead scares
Chin scars, I remember how I got them too, I was like 3 and acted retarded.
>Early speech therapy
Yes.
>First born sons
Yes.
>Migraines
Never had one. I have had headaches before but no migraines.
>Israeli art student girlfriends (not even joking)
I'm Israeli(((JEW))) by birth, never had a girlfriend. Only 18.
>Meme Magic
I guess.
>Premonitions/prophetic dreams
All the fucking time as a kid.
>Above average intuition
Yup.

Also sociopathy, or rather our fear of it, and high language cognitive skills. ADHD all that and the like.

Question concerning meme magic: to what extent? Simply believing in it, or practicing it?

Also, to those that have premonitions and dreams, do you ever dream about the school where you were part of GATE?

What about the kids in Gifted and Talented programs who aren't white? Diversity Quota?

I only took one online course. They still email me even though years have passed. I was too creeped out(and at a place to geographically far from any real GATE location to bother) by it to continue and actually go for the actual program IRL(which I had up until then wanted to go to.
>Meme magic:to what extent
No clue, I wasn't in the original thread, merely joined in last thread. I'd imagine practicing in it?
>Gifted and talented program kids who are not white.
Depends, we talking Asians or dindus? Also do Jews(hi by the way) count as white? If not, then no, I did not get in on diversity quota.

Imagine a society in such a state of culture shock and future shock that it begs for a Caesar or messiah to save them here and now. Now imagine this savior, or saviors has almost limitless computing potential, an unstoppable global surveillance network, and nearly god-like firepower.

What if we bring in a tyrant, or a group of oligarchs with these powers? Why have we fundamentally forgotten the human potential do wickedness and error?

We are still in control of our future, but we are balancing now on the edge of a knife. Soon we will not have this control, and it will be true of what many these days say. It will be "inevitable".

Also check out the connections of these programs to Tavistock and strange new methods of education. There are many strange institutes and think tanks that support these kinds of educational endeavors and are supported by major governments.

Have all but 3 traits, was schooled in Pennsylvania but never tested before i moved to FL, scored 99th percentile in standardized tests and slowly declined over the years. Has anyone had an experience similar to this:

I just confirmed with my mother that I was going into second grade but we moved states and I needed an energency daycare until I started school again. The place was a large red office building, very plain looking. Parents were not allowed to enter any further than the front desk. Inside there were just long corridors and white walls. The days started off with us eating in a large windowless room, children sat in rowd eating breakfast. One thing that stood out was a woman who would address us every morning with her face projected on a large screen in front of us while we ate. I do not remember anything she said to us. The only other memories I have of this place was another smaller windowless room with flourescent lights and a small jungle gym with a slide. I was removed from there after I told my mom about a "secret room" with a single bed which I personally don't remember. My mom seemed unsettled to this day. Happened in the mid-late 90's.

Asians, Dindus, Spics (myself included), Poos were all in Gifted Programs when I was in school, and a good amount were females (mostly white). Did Gifted Programs in the mid-2000's differ from that of the 1990's?

You've still got this thing all wrong friendos.

> Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
Phrenological nonsense.
Nope, born healthy
In a sense.
>lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
It's deep in my precociousness, but I remember highlights.
>windows were covered
Sometimes
I dunno.

Yep.
Yep
>Forehead scares
Wut
>Early speech therapy
Nope
>First born sons
Yep
>Migraines
Yep
Nope
>Meme Magic
Your egregores are cute.
Yep.
>Above average intuition
As above.

Occasionally, yes. Used to more when I was younger.
Never had any bad experiences with 4 years of GATE though- perhaps my classmates and I were ruled to not be threats (although now I investigate gov stuff, so I guess they missed me). No idea what the others are doing now.

I only fit some of these....
>green eyes
>don't think I have the bun?
>NDA's, potentially water-related, most due to biking accidents
>no windows in GATE room
>interest in /x/ phenomena
>drugs occasionally
>first born
>occasional prophetic dreams
>I guess good intuition

So what youre saying is conditioning for potential future Persons-of-Interest?

Also, captcha
>100% spooked

Bringing up "who watches the watchmen" is ironically a Liberal argument. Institutions have a purpose. We already live in a functional oligarchy with all of those things.

These all seem like commonalities that would be present in most people's lives.

I don't know, I was in mid-2000's(only stopped getting emails 2 months ago) and I only took online courses. I felt something was off, really fucking off and so I told my parents that it felt like I was being condescended to, and that I can't do this. I neglected to mention the creepier aspects to it, but I wouldn't know.

>tfw i was considered as smart or smarter than the GATE kids by all of the teachers but nobody ever pushed for me to be in GATE in middle school
I think I was put in ONE GATE class in middle school but of course I was in a billion AP classes in high school
really made me think and it was a big reason why i never hung out with any of the preppy kids ever, i felt like none of them liked me lol
I'm hispanic btw, maybe i just didn't fit their bill...

>needed ap classes
Hah, I just took the tests faggot. Didn't even need the classes. I took 7 in one year. Didn't even have to study or anything.

Dude what the fuck. Am I a jewish creation

Grey eyes
Scar on my forehead
Near fatal drowning
No windows in the program I was in
Interest in the occult and fortean stuff, as well as government cover-ups
first born
very strange dreams, never have had a good dream.
I am exceedingly dull when it comes to common sense stuff at times. With other stuff, though, I do have pretty acute intuitive senses.
Not sure about the israeli art student thing. Not sure about her race, actually.
Still under the addiction of drugs from abusing them in my teens.
My memory of early years is extremely dim, with entire years that I cannot recall. Only very small bits and pieces. I can recall certain tests, and strangely I remember the bit about the windows.

lol nice
i was asleep in basically all of my AP classes
i got in A's in them though because the class policy was basically get a 5/5 and you get an A in the class
also ur the faget

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
Yes
Yes
Born at 8 months (today is my bday btw I love you all)
Yes
- lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
No
- windows were covered
No
Yes
Yes
Not yet not probable
- Forehead scares
Yes
- Early speech therapy
No
- First born sons
Yes
- Migraines
Sometimes
Of course not, I don't touch jews
- Meme Magic
Yes
Yes

Wtf is this shit?

Went by a different name here, EEE. I think it was Extended Education Experience, but I know it was for "gifted" kids.

5/7 from the first list apply well to me, one of the remaining two kinda fitting. I'd say it applies well to me. Second list is more random.

Does this mean I have superautism powers or something?

Did any other anons parents get invites for conferences on how to raise GT kids and shit like that, when they were in school? Was anything odd ever said in these conferences by the instructors?

I have some very liberal views, but with others I am extremely traditional. I totally agree that institutions have a purpose, and I do not fall for the extreme "solutions" some political ideologies seem to favor (Hate the concept of state control and ownership of property, and also equally hate the notion of an unregulated marketplace and privatization). I do not like the methods and purposes of the ongoing globalization. I do not like the various architects of it. I do not like the social engineering and the motives behind it. Also I do not like this notion that the ongoing advances of technology are some how "inevitable".

Original OP from last night's thread here:

I was doing some digging on the Challenge program in my former school district. I've moved around a lot since then. Apparently it is either not offered, or has changed its direction since I attended. It seems to be offered only to high school students, and on a voluntary basis rather than students being selected as I was.

They also provide a few links to nagc.org/ which is based in Washington, DC. My question is why? Apparently the program in this district was created in '79, in Canada on the other side of the continent. Why the DC connection? Might be nothing, but who knows at this point?

I also found that Tavistock-related book I was looking for. Pic related. The final chapter deals with treatment, but seems to focus primarily on suggestion and programming of minds. Again, might be nothing, might be something. Odd to find it in a no-name thrift store next to some old radar operations manuals seemingly by chance.

Speaking of suggestibility, does anyone else have a high degree of susceptibility to hypnosis or the like?

btw I will timestamp the book if anyone thinks I'm just LARPing. I'm just a curious mind.

>on how to raise GT kids and shit like that

There were conferences, but it wasn't anything explicitly like "how to raise GT kids", it was more "how to funnel them into AP etc" and "what to expect from these programs".

So you're a luddite who opposes the notion of an international system? Why? Are you against world peace?

My parents never attended those because we lived to far away from the nearest center. Again online courses only.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted_education

>roleplay threads on Sup Forums
dice+1d20

Blue eyes, yeah
Never noticed it until now, I guess
My head's shape was all fucked up and they had to mold it back into form (not making this up)
I had a burst appendix when I was like 5
Come to think of it, I can only really recall maybe 3 or 4 real encounters I had in there
>windows were covered
I guess the blinds were drawn, but I don't really know. It wouldn't have been too uncommon in the schools I went to
No, not really
>Other similarities, less common but still a few exGATErs agree on these too;
For a brief period, but only because it's fun to scare myself
I tried weed maybe twice in my life and both times I swore off it because of the awful trips I had
>Forehead scares
No
>Early speech therapy
No
>First born sons
Yeah, actually
>Migraines
No
tfw no gf
>Meme Magic
lol no
If by this you mean having dreams that you have deja vu of like a full year later, then absolutely
>Above average intuition
Yeah, I guess

Honestly, I think you guys are just drawing patterns that aren't there to conclusions that don't really exist.

I USE MY HELM OF DISINTEGRATION ON YOUR DICK

Modesty apart I'm the smartest motherfucker I know but we don't have that shit in my hometown. less than 20k people

>normalIQfag.
IQ of?
>Smartest motherfucker I know
See I could never get away with being that immodest, even if I scored top percentile of top percentile.

Copypasted from OP in last thread:
So, another GATE washout posted in a tinfoil thread a few hours ago. Been trying to dig up info since. I remember these threads from a few months ago, but it seemed like people had lost interest. Any new info?

>quick rundown

GATE = Gifted and Talented Education, it's a part of the American system. Basically kids are put through a screening test around grade 3-4 and some are selected by the results of the test to go into separate classes, sometimes separate schools for a day or so each week. Here they are given the most advanced memes the state has in order to ensure they follow the rest of the cattle, or better yet, become the left wing memes and get handed the keys to the gate.

Fastforward from grade school, shitposting on Sup Forums one day [ archive.is/qQkpC ] about LSD trips, kek, and the other 41 deities re-incarnating back to Earth for the final battle and what do you know, the thread is full of ex-GATE kids, like all of us (till it got shill bombed) were top of our class gifted and talented students who went through this special system.

Well, do you believe in numerology/astrology?
Besides as far as I know I'm an user

Why do you call them washouts? Did the critical thinking skills and accelerated education not take? It most cases I have observed it didn't.

Also, out of curiosity, how many others have had a history of moving around a lot when they were younger?

115 tested as a kid, not some crappy internet test

Moving between homes or being an active kid?

>numerology/astrology
No not particularlly.
Also
>115
about 170 check it faggot. (that was what I tested when I was 8)

Moved around like 5 times as a kid.
I didn't that's copypasted from last thread OP.
His word's not mine.

I have a lot of those traits, I was also put in accelerated learning for 'smart' kid's. We'd be taken out of normal class and given different work.

I hated it personally, I liked normal class because I could blend it easily and I don't like people noticing me without my consent or hand in it. For example, I always encouraged the class clowns because I liked that kind of attention.

I never liked being singled out for excellent work or being very athletic, I'd much rather have been as disruptive and problematic to the class than be seen as gifted.

Anyone else like that?

For context

>Started smoking, drinking and taking drugs young
>Always in trouble for not attending school
>Could generally make any teacher furious if I needed to; "miss, you look like an actual whore. Go back to (red light district)

I've become a happy but unusual adult.

OOO(?)P here again. I used the term washouts because another user in an unrelated thread brought the topic up using that terminology.

One seeming commonality is that a great number of ex-gifted/GATE/TAG/GT kids who should have been high achievers have ended up with broken lives. Generally this begins around middle school and continues into a downward spiral after that. It strikes me as odd that you're the only tripfag in these threads so far. At least that I've observed.

tl;dr kids with high predictors for success have gone on to be total underachievers.

Reminder that this book was written by the former director of the Tavistock Clinic (1935-1946).

I'm riding the edge, but we're also talking in a group that is somewhat self selected.

>begins around middle school

I notice that the ones just barely smart enough to jump through the hoops achieved the initial success, the ones smart enough to apply what they were taught but also smart enough to think too much have undergone an existential crisis.

Presently I am preparing to unfuck myself through military service and it's associated perks. By age 32 I anticipate lapping my more successful peers in achievement. I am 26 for reference.

>Hazel
>Not very pronounced
>I was about a month late and had to be C-Sectioned
>meh...I don't think so
>I can only remember bits and pieces, but some of it is pretty clear.
- windows were covered
>ummmm....I don't recall
>No, I don't remember experiencing this

>Ok, yes
>early-mid 20's
- Forehead scares
>I'm not Harry Potter, no
- Early speech therapy
>Nope
- First born sons
>Yes
- Migraines
>Nope
>Uh no
- Meme Magic
I'm a believer
>YES
>Yes

You are the most mindless, middle of the road, kind of dipshit.

I was in GATE

I follow most of the similarities but i'm hispanic/native american.

I survived being a SIDS baby.
I can't tell you who I dated
No drugs for me

In between homes. I must have lived in 5 different states growing up.

Meant for

Previous Op here -

When I was tested the scale maxed out at 160 - even though 180+ was possible - the gifted iq test did not go that high. It's for 1st-3rd grade.

You needed 140+ to get in to gifted when I attended. This is not a dick measuring contest - just the threshold requirements.

I am currently dating a woman with a score of 130 from the "gifted" iq test (we are the same age), but has a 150-160 iq from multiple other tests administered by psychiatrists. She did not get in to the program.

My theory is the same as others that have shared my similar experiences- these programs identify those with the potential of dissent and the ability to change the current paradigm in an unstable manner. The goal is apathy and control....failure to reach realization.

I.E. this forum is a form of control....for all you "autists" out there.

We can't have didactic polymats running around destroying everything society has worked so "hard" for.

I drink. A lot of my peers in these programs do as well...but the problem still persists.

btw - I'm not white - well - 1/2- and as stated earlier - all of the differentiation amongst us is to keep us distracted and opposing eachother.

I have all characteristics stated - save blue eyes. Mine are red/brown.

Yeah, I've got some pretty big plans for unfucking myself too. Out of curiosity, what drew you to this website? For me it was being told about it mid '06 by a girl I loved but would never have.

>don't forget you're here forever

>reddit spacing
epic XD

>We can't have didactic polymats running around destroying everything society has worked so "hard" for.
It's going to happen sooner or later.
1-28-86 - never forget.

>2 posts by this ID

ebin XDDD

I hit 149. The scale my GT program used had genius at the 150 threshold, so I just missed genius but I got into highly gifted.

>The goal is apathy and control

I disagree. I was taught a great deal in my version of GT. I opt out of using it due to an uncomfortable degree of self awareness that it will start me down a road that I have yet to morally justify.

People I knew irl back in 06-07 who kept memeing irl. I became very conscious of it in the summer of 06 when the memes and Sup Forums references by my friends reached a crescendo and while trolling a forum I was told to go back to Sup Forums. So naturally I had to check out /tg/.

>big plans

I think this might be part of it. We have the capacity to implement such plans.

>I disagree. I was taught a great deal in my version of GT. I opt out of using it due to an uncomfortable degree of self awareness that it will start me down a road that I have yet to morally justify.
This is the control mechanism in operation.

This thread is retarded you all are just jerking each other off over being in gifted classes and matching up extremely generic traits.

All I will can say is look into Cloud Gate in Chicago
Not what your looking for but will be able to connect the dots from there

>a fucking leaf
wowie zowie xDDD

My school called it TAG (Talented and Gifted). Fucking eerie I can check off alot of these boxes.
Blue/Grey eyes, born a week early by c-section cuz my mom had the flu,had a very bad virus that almost killed me when I was 4, Was made to go to speech class until 3rd grade because my mother was from england and I had an accent,cracked in the eyebrow by a horse shaped swing in kindergarten needing stiches.....At this age until 6-7 I would see ghosts and at times zoning out watching TV it would feel I was starting to float out of my body but I would shake the feeling off and never leave because it felt weird as shit. My intuition is spot on and I did drugs like a mofo in my twenties.Never dated an art student but I am an artist myself....no wierd being followed shit or weird classrooms my mother did die when I was in 5th grade and I stopped giving a shit about school. I did enough to fall in the middle of the class with zero effort....to buzy doing drugs and trying to get laid.

Millipede's dilemma can be overcome, at which point the stated goal of my program kicks in.

-Produce a new batch of global elite

Most of the smartest self destructed in my program,and the ones who got in because of affluent and influential parents underachieved, but the handful that have or are presently unfucking themselves are still shooting high.

>a fucking tripfag
immolate yourself attention whore

I gotta agree. Even the scale used is a form of conrol.

To quantify all of the unknowns of the human mind - it's obviously used as a tool of control.

I am a literally retard at many things in life - but because I'm "special" on this scale - that makes me - different? I have to use different logic, education, etc?

The whole thing REEKS of manipulation of a certain preset grouping of characteristics - those which could undermine the conformity.
For expample:

Pretend you are a sociopathic asshole elite that gives a flying fuck about society but does not want their progeny overtaken by other "sociopaths". What do you do to keep getting your Jeb Bushes, Hillary Clintons, and Donald Trumps into office?

>eliminate the competition before it can become a threat

This is oversimplified - but you get the point.

Be very careful relying on civil service recognising you to achieve your personal expectation of lapping the others.

You're still young and civil service will never satisfy the intelligent.

The incentives in the civil service system are actually conformity and ego management of your superiors. You will definitely be smarter than your bosses, but be careful - they will be threatened by you if your abstract reasoning and ability to sniff out wasteful process will make them feel inadequate. Normies typically respond with aggression to intellectual threats.

I'd like it if you'd at least consider ditching the military for a working holiday visa in Australia. Then take 3-6 months to be in Thailand travelling alone (you meet new randoms daily so its never alone alone)

Burgers benefit greatly from exposure to other cultures first hand.

Nassim taleebs "skin in the game" paraphrases civil service imo by looking at the actual incentives vs perceived.

fooledbyrandomness.com/SITG.html

>A few similarities about us became apparent as the threads naturally evolved;
>- Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
Green
>- Occipital Bun (aka math bump on the back of skull)
Yes
>- Birth Complications (like weeks early or not breathing)
Didn't do jack shit
>- Near Death Experiences (particularly drowning)
Nearly drowned in a Jacuzzi
>- lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
Vaguely remember reading Star Vs the FOE 0.3
>- windows were covered
No windows
>- tendency to being followed (abductions and general tracking too)
Paranoia
>Other similarities, less common but still a few exGATErs agree on these too;
>- Interest in /x/ phenomena
Yes
>- Heavy early twenties drug period
Nope
>- Forehead scares
No
>- Early speech therapy
Yes
>- First born sons
Middle
>- Migraines
Yes
>- Israeli art student girlfriends (not even joking)
tfw kissless, girlfriendless, hugless, virgin
>- Meme Magic
I did a random praise kek and got alotta shit
>- Premonitions/prophetic dreams
I dreamed this one time of going onto a paintball field along the desert with green walls, everyone tattered. I didn't even know what the sport was until that time. But approx. one year later for a birthday I went to that field, tattered, and in a desert with green cloth walls. And played paintball
>- Above average intuition
Don't know how, but I got autism tier reading comprehension

Those damned meme spouting faggots. Remember when people used to avoid talking about it outside of private circles? I cringed so hard when I heard some scene whore spouting off shit mid-class during the extreme cancer era.

I think big plans might be a part of it. It's hard to say though. A lot of people have big plans, and the capacity to follow through. The ones who actually act on them seem to be few and far between. All I can say is keep your ideas close.

So we are herman Goring?

One thing a GT washout experiences is being made to fear being wrong. This causes a person to halt when they reach the unknown. The unknown is where the gold lies and from whence magic emanates. You can see why this is part of the programming.

Hermann Göring would be like ZERO if we are genome soldiers.

Here is why I disagree. My program was called REACH and the kids broke into three groups that went three directions.

>Gifted, Affluent Parents
Either underachieved or psychologically degraded. Mostly went nuts in their late teens to early 20's, some are presently unfucking themselves. This was me.

>Gifted, Non-Affluent Parents
Fell out, typically struggling now. Many turned to criminal activity, but didn't stay in long enough to learn the stuff that would help them crime better.

>Non-Gifted, Affluent Parents
They mediocred their way into good grades, college, and a very average level of achievement.

I don't think that we were supposed to malfunction. There were easier ways to weed us out than training us to manipulate the system.

Actually the civil service is a step ladder. My current plan is military followed by a doctorate followed by the diplomatic corps. Going abroad and becoming nomadic is my backup plan, but the military is a better first option since I can do the same thing using it, but with better options.

>NNT

Black Swans all around.

Everything I do is surrounded by a cloud of murky disinformation. Nothing can be parsed together from it that could be reliably used against me. To attempt is to inform me of intentions, access to intel, and vectors. Come at the king and you'd best not miss.

>-Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
no
no
> Birth Complications (like weeks early or not breathing)
no
no
no
>windows were covered
no
no

no, but i could see this of gifted people
no
>Forehead scars
what? no.
>Early speech therapy
no
>First born sons
only of mother, so half yes
>Migraines
no
no
>Meme Magic
ok
no
>Above average intuition
being gifted would mean above average in many respects, this should hold true for most gifted students

these threads piss me off because there were 2 full time gifted classes in my elementary school and none of this weird shit occurred nor was there any talk of these things from other schools...

quit turning Sup Forums into /x/, go shit up that board.

>yes
>yes
>no
>no
>i was in gate full time 1st - 8th so plenty of memories
- windows were covered
>no
>no

>yes
>yes
- Forehead scares
>no
- Early speech therapy
>no
- First born sons
>yes
- Migraines
>yes
>canadian/turkish art gf
- Meme Magic
>fuck off
>no
>obviously

GATE student here
>blue eyes
>occipital bun
>lack of memory of gate
>heavy early twenties drug period
>forehead scars
>early speech therapy
>first born son (only child)
>above average intuition
Windows weren't covered. We were bussed to a separate campus.
I wouldn't say I've had any near death experiences, just an adrenaline junky.
Meme magic- ya I helped keep that cunt out of office.
I was in gate classes in the 80's. Although memory is vague, I don't recall a single non-white.

hah - I'm literally at the homelessness stage.

...like the philosopher on the kings step level.

as in: If my mind is WRONG - and I am wrong, and everything that I know to be TRUE is WRONG - than this happens. All of this shit goes into nothingness.

Reaching the edge of nothingness - I'm not really seeing anything beyond a book deal and fables of past prophets attaining enlightment.

All this other shit is just people taking the "dark" path and capitalizing on people's own fear of the unknown -....Clinton foundation and haiti is a good layman's perspective on how things work in 1st world countries.

i'm just ...gunna study for the lsat ...5 years too late. fuck it.

I have prophetic dreams and high levels of intuition. I have green eyes though.

Thank you. I was in these shitty classes, i remember it all, i have a fucking job, and ive gotten pussy. I will never give a detailed informative essay on my self on a Japanese Jet Ski Enthusist image board.

No, green but were blue as kid
yes
few weeks early, deliberate
No
No, I have as good a memory as anyone else of their education
>windows were covered
I think they were
No

somewhat
late teens for me, stopped between 20 and 21
>Forehead scares
No
>Early speech therapy
Yes
>First born sons
No, second born
>Migraines
No
kek, no
>Meme Magic
No
A couple of them actually, can relate them if you want
>Above average intuition
I'd like to think so but who knows?

I was in gifted and talented from 4th (maybe 3rd, can't remember) grade until I switched to a private school, none of the things in the OP apply to me

>gt room in a building separate from the rest of the school
>sent to science or computer camps every summer by teachers
>computer camp started in summer 1994, old school enough we were learning ROM vs RAM
>Had to take a lot more standardized tests than kids who weren't in gt
>when I was in private school I spent summer after 8th grade and summer after 9th in two different foreign universities by invitation, though I won't name them cause I graduated from one
>kicked out of private school for drugs among other things, pubic high school didn't have gt past middle school
>spend my days doing research, writing code, and doing drugs now because I'm a degenerate depressed about unfulfilled potential

>open thread
>lurk
>post something to claim superiority publicly
>claim superiority on the basis of refusal to participate in the ongoing conversation

Oh my.

>2 gifted classes
Do you even know what the gifted courses are? They quite literally pick the creme of the crop from your gifted elementary school class and only they are allowed to test of which only those who score high are allowed in. This is not some school program. For example I was in the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth. I was specifically offered to take the test from my school's gifted class because it moved to slow for me.

I meant to say none of the things about the program applied to me, all the personal stuff except

>first born
>Israeli gf
>speech therapy

Is very accurate, although I don't know what op means by meme magic

>Blue/Grey
>Yes
>Larger than average had to be helped out
>Can't swallow pills after nearly dying to a motrin as a child, literal Heimlich needed. This has happened with a sandwich as well.
>I can't for the life of me remember what we did. All I remember is it wasn't really related to any study.
- windows were covered
>No windowed rooms or covered windows
>Followed home after a day of work, always feel like I'm being followed at night time if I'm alone.

>Yes.
>Very yes.
- Forehead scares
>No
- Early speech therapy
>No but couldn't publicly speak for a long time due to near anxiety panic levels
- First born sons
>Yes
- Migraines
>As a kid and sometimes in college
>Maybe? I didn't really interact with any art students.
- Meme Magic
>Yes
>Possibly
>Absolutely, I ruin movies as well as shows withing the first 30 minutes and called the election a year and a half early.

Hello, fellow category 1.

I am curious as to whether different districts or iterations of this program had different goals. A unified direction is easier to replicate across a larger area, but smaller experiments on similar samples will yield more novel results. Although this creates some challenges in interpreting the data, the fact that this program is multi-generational seems to support the implementation of different experiments. This could be an explanation for the differing naming conventions for such similar programs.

Does this quote mean anything to you? It was on a GT website, but seems wholly unrelated in topic: “No matter who you are, there is at least one moment in your life when you feel you haven’t lived up to the social call,
And in the eyes of the public you suffer a sort of stage fright,
Where, in the spotlight, you kneel to the stars of the night sky and tremble in the presence of their burning eyes,
Feeling small.”

Also, are you so sure that your OPSEC is that good? We are but human after all.

Egregores. People got heavily into mysticism this past election cycle.

I have many of the traits listed in the OP, and was placed in an educational program called gifted and talented. Thinking back on it, every single kid in that class was white, had blue eyes and had the math bump.
Thing is it was a private 7th day adventist school, do the sevvies have any connections?

Hmm.. you'll probably go really far, I'm glad to see user taking over. Please consider flying to Bangkok and then taking the over night train to pakse in Laos.

There's an island on the Mekong called don det, it's about 3ish hours from pakse and there's lots of safe adventure in that area.

It should cost aprox 1.2k USD for the return flight to bkk from lax, and about 1k more for 2 weeks spending money.

I don't know why I'm pushing this on you, but I just wanted to tell you that. I'm running with that feeling because this is one of those threads where it's all a bit esoteric.

You're in hell. The king's step is a dead accurate description. You've got to go face the king and become the prophet. Maybe that's why you're starting these threads.

No clue, do you suffer from fear of sociopathy? What about ADHD?

I think you are simplifying your worldview to an extent - "affluent parents" are on a scale that has unknowns at the higher tiers - in perspective - your assumed affluent parents are plebs compared to say...the international banking elite.

I just finished a stretch of civil service while my wife was finishing grad school a country away - I'll just say - after trying both - entrepreneurial conquest is much more satisfying -albeit manipulative...

That feeling of plebs that surround you in school?

It's 999x worse in civil service. When you combine this with corruption at the higher levels - it will be difficult to step back from the brink of insanity. I have been recovering from this for the past few months - I am not a "washout" loser making excuses - I have seen realities that are disguised from the majority -

I have a lot of friends from these programs in civil service. They are doing "well" but they ALL have the same feelings I have.

...I picked a particularly nasty agency.

>Hint: They're all broken

I also have very limited memories of growing up.

Does T.I.P. Academy mean anything to anyone?

>Southern California school started by Deborah Hazelton
>Hazelton is the past president of the California Association for the Gifted

this thread is spooky

we had the challenge center in the mid 90's
never could figure out what we were suppose to be learning there
did not want to continue into the 6th grade and remember the principal, of all people, coming to ask me personally about my decision. he never said why it would benefit me but only conveyed that i wouldnt be able to rejoin this group in the future

I don't recall the quote, but that doesn't mean that I was never exposed to it. It feels like something we'd have read.

Different iterations probably had to do with local quirks in implementation. Ours may or may not have been subverted, but if so then it was subverted by the sort of person that it seemed to be trying to produce. The person teaching us a lot of these things was utilizing them irl, but very low key.

Am I sure of my OPSEC? It isn't perfect, but it's solid enough that someone would be just as well off framing me for something that I didn't do, putting me under full surveillance, or probing for a new psychological weakness rather than getting confirmation for using anything pre-existing.

So about 3-4k all told? Interesting. I might check it out.

You're on the right path now user, glad to hear that your net happiness is improving outside of that toxic environment :)

Data mining thread, don't post if this applies to you.

>- Blue eyes (hazel seems equally common)
Brown
How do you even check?
>- Birth Complications (like weeks early or not breathing)
2 months premature
>- Near Death Experiences (particularly drowning)
several
>- lack of memory of GATE - (we all did many many hours there, and it's very vague)
I just don't remember much because this was in elementary school, duh? Well over a decade ago.
>- windows were covered
Yes actually.
>- tendency to being followed (abductions and general tracking too)
Don't know.

>- Interest in /x/ phenomena
100%
>- Heavy early twenties drug period
Never touched drugs
>- Forehead scares
Nope.
>- Early speech therapy
Yes actually
>- First born sons
Yes
>- Migraines
Yes
>- Israeli art student girlfriends (not even joking)
Never EVER had a GF, don't want one.
>- Meme Magic
Retarded shit.
>- Premonitions/prophetic dreams
Sometimes yes.
>- Above average intuition
Yes.

Correlation =/= Causation

These could all be associated with above average intelligence in the same way dyslexia is. I'm almost positive there's also a proven link between headaches and high intelligence.

Also, the "white male" thing is retarded considering my GATE classes always had tons of asians and girls.

This whole idea is retarded? Are advanced placement classes an ebin conspiracy too? Making classes tailored to kids who aren't simpletons isn't that unique of a concept.

don't tell me this - less you're "they" that move us to act.

I will not be shown a carrot from which there is only the threat of the stick!

Formulation....exoneration... It's not done here. I'm just a drunk for now.

What is this GATE user, i have all the other similarities except from the Israeli gf

If you ever need help, let me know, user.

Don't mess with pharmaceuticals anymore.

SEX