When did you stop being an atheist Sup Forums?

When did you stop being an atheist Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMoRrvAeCjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I grew up

I didn't. There might be a god, and there might not be, doesn't affect me unless it's a religion that actively wants me dead, as in, Islam. Otherwise do your own thing, just be happy.

i didnt.
no science has ever confirmed the existence of a god just reinforced things we do not understand.
no heaven, no hell, no god.

This. I realized how cringe it was to be telling others that I'm an Atheist. The Atheists in my high school made it worse. They basically cringed the Atheist out of me. Now, I feel like this guy.

In high school.

Hail Zeus

Still an atheist. But I am not, and have never been an anti-theist. If you honestly think religion is the source of all or even most of the hatred in the world you are a special kind of stupid.

I was never one to begin with.
Why should science try to confirm what is out of its reach? Divinity trascends our dimension.

Never stopped.

I also still read near death experience reports and sit on the fence of a non-denominational afterlife that has nothing to do with insipid and hateful Abrahamaic religions.

Does the clay ask the potter, what makest thou?

I started going to church again to help my brother get his life on track. I don't know if I'd say that I'm 100% a believer, but I find church comforting. It's soothing to go.

Atheism is always linked to cynics who are authoritarian control freaks and fear any sort of intervention in their life.

They hate the idea that they themselves are not in full control of everything.

I never felt like identifying myself as one because I never took religion very seriously in the first place

Only this year, when I started to think about it some more.

No matter how much about the universe you can explain, there is nothing that will convince me that there can't be some sort of higher power outside of this realm of existence, or that it's not a simulation. Therefore I can't say for certainty that god is or isn't real if it's possible that life is just an illusion.

500ug of acid made me stop being an atheist.

You see God and when you see who God is you is like you are in a joke.

/thread

im curious, what is acid like? everyone talks about how they get into contact with god through it, like you said you have, so thats mostly whats peaked my interest in it

would you recommend it? any tips?

>caring about a god that doesn't care about us

I'd rather cease to exists that spend the rest of eternity worshiping an egotistical Jew in heaven.

Before I entered college. I was also a commie during my middle school years, and became a progressive during high school. Right after leaving high school, I changed my views to libertarian, and became religious.

Then you're an agnostic by definition. An atheist straight up *believes* a God doesn't exist.

I was also considering other religions before looking into Christianity. I studied Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, etc.

When I realized people who "know for certain" that there is no god, are just as fucking retarded as people who "know for certain" there is a god.

No one knows what happens when they die. So both sides, shut the fuck up and mind your business.

When I was 14, I think. I matured quickly.

About 8 years ago in a firefight in Afghanistan when the risen Jesus Christ physically appeared to me and several other guys in my platoon.

He's probably an agnostic-atheist or apatheist. Although I find agnostic-atheist and agnostic-theist redundant, so I guess they are agnostic.

good jooooooooob.

Well, you can gain the answers you seek spiritually without acid so let me get that out of the way. Now what acid does is put you in a state of mind where your ego is suppressed which lets you look at your self in an unbiased light. It makes you feel connected with the rest of the universe. You learn so much about your self and your place in the world. Now you don't need acid to experience this but it will go a lot faster but be warned it is like drinking from a fire hose.

Buddhist monks took years to learn what I did in a single trip but the thing is I wasn't ready for it. When you see the truth of how this place works it would be like trying to teach a five year old calculus three when they barely learned to count. Oh when you close your eyes while high on acid it will look like picture or video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMoRrvAeCjA

I can only describe it as feeling "hyperconscious". You are overly aware of your inner world, with your thoughts racing and processing much faster than you can ever express them. You will feel as if you're having epiphanies left and right, yet the nature of these thoughts and ideas are too ambiguous to explain in our human language. The visual part is not even 5% of the whole experience.

when I had to convince my Freemason peer that I had a belief in a higher being to be admitted

atheism isn't a truth claim, it's a lack of belief in dieties.
since you still seem to lack that said belief, you're still an atheist whether you like it or not.

Same. I go just to see people I kind of like

This guy alone made me a Christian. That's the truth.

I pray for him for that reason alone, even though I suspect it is useless. But perhaps God in is infinite wisdom sees something I do not.

But still. If I'm forced to share heaven with a banana rapist for any reason, I might finally appreciate what Lucifer is pissed about.

kill yourselves. And right when you are losing your last breath of life you realize there is no "god" and then think of me.

That sounds awesome.

faggot.

I have no opinion of whether there is or isn't a deity, they both seem equally possible to me. A lack of belief would be me leaning towards the idea that there isn't.

No one thinks of you. Ever. What kind of arrogant, neckbearded, fedora fucking, autistic retard even says something like that. You are a fucking embarrassment. Go kill yourself, since you're so sure there isn't an afterlife. Good god man.

never since I wasn't raised with religion so don't have one to fall back on in times of trouble like all the brainwashed christcucks on here

What kind of degenerate freak would commission a coffin like this...?

Except you don't need to be raised by religious parents to be religious. Some outspoken atheist woman from I believe the 60s had a son who she literally disowned for telling her he believes in God and later became a priest.

>Hurrrr he on my did that cause he was mad her for some reason!!!
Yes I'm sure he devoted his life to God and suffered abuse from him mom to "get" her

When I graduated high school

I didn't, however I think many values in Christianity are valuable for civilization and biological sustainability.

when i took shrooms

2016 is when I truly stopped being an atheist

that image makes no sense

things pol say and do really don't help the religious (aka christian) cause

Perhaps an atheist can confirm or deny this. Is it true that sticking bananas up your ass and pouring hot oil on your dick is perfectly sane while believing in God is crazy?

not necessarily. i lack a belief in all sorts of things that i wouldn't actively oppose the possibility of.

the atheism you're describing is positive/strong atheism, you would fall more into the negative/weak atheist category.

>No one thinks of you. Ever.
You literally just did, retard.

Issue was the whole schism of Atheist+ bullshit that led to the authoritarian types trying to take control of the general idea of atheism the same way feminism got perverted into the SJW bullshit everyone sensible hates as a result of authoritarian types trying too hard to make sure they're superior to others in some way.