Texas House Passes Anti-LGBT Adoption Law

archive.is/6Orgo

The Texas Senate has passed a bill that protects state-funded foster care and adoption agencies that want to make decisions about child care and child placement based on “sincerely held religious beliefs.”

House Bill 3859, which passed the state Senate on Monday, would protect religious-based child-welfare providers that choose to turn away same-sex couples or families with certain religious views.

Robertson said that putting personal religious beliefs ahead of the best interests of children means the state is taking away a primary layer of protection for children. “The state needs to have the ability to always put the best interest of the child first, and this bill undermines that protection,” she said.

Most agree that Texas’s child welfare system is overloaded, with more than 16,000 children in state foster care, according to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Earlier this month, Texas state Rep. James Frank (R-Wichita Falls), the author of the bill, said that Texas is struggling to find quality foster homes in part because religious organizations fear their positions on sensitive issues could lead them into trouble.

“A substantial part of any answer to this problem will be found in the faith-based community,” Frank said in a statement. “Unfortunately, the ability of many of the faith-based institutions to continue offering services is threatened by the prospect of litigation for declining to provide certain services (such as abortion) because of sincerely held religious beliefs.”

Frank said House Bill 3859 protects faith-based foster care and adoption agencies while also requiring the Department of Family and Protective Services to make sure that there are alternative providers ready to assist anyone who is denied services on religious grounds. Presented as protecting religious beliefs, the bill also specifies that agencies cannot discriminate based on race, ethnicity or national origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSssrirbaAE
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE BEST STATE NOW

Every single weekend I'm trying to find a way to move to Texas. God bless you majestic people.

Fuck off we're full

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSssrirbaAE

It's not so great. Dallas is full of absolutely utter degenerate fagets.

Comeon man, no room for a white nationalist?

based

hes not a californian

Mentall illness x2
Give them a human baby?

Mike "Thomas Edison has the best medicine" Pence

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord dot gg/KrgMV

i was thinking of going to college there. thanks for pushing me further towards it.

That black baby gets adopted and still doesn't have a father.

This. I don't know how we manage to be so based when our major cities are so shit.

what if we remove the brown people first? then can I come?

I love Texas
Do you guys accept europoor refugees??

What about the T?

Trannies are homophobic

Dont you mean Austin? I swear, all you need to to kill every faggot and idiot leftist and that would be an amazing place to live.

Why?

thats what built texas. shoved germans and czechs on the frontier as a buffer

Good. Hedonist are not fit to be parents.

>MUH BASED TEXAS XDDDD
I swear to fuck you people have no idea what this state actually is. Every city is chock full of niggers and spics and we'll be a blue state before 2024.

No such thing as a gay transgender woman who isn't dating other women. It is a way of denying gay identity through costume and slight of word.

bump