Be atheist

>be atheist
>doesn't believe in God because of science
>believe in dark matter, dark energy, the multiverse, abiogenesis, and other mysterious invisible processes that we have never observed that are capable of bending the laws of nature, that we know must exist because if they didn't the big bang and evolution would be impossible

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître
science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-powered-the-big-bang
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Being an atheist makes less since than it ever has before. At least be a deist for goodness sakes, they at least had the brains to know that there had to be some God out there, and this was before we even knew that the universe had a beginning.

>be creationist
>doesn't believe in science because of God
>believe in turning women into pillars of salt, talking snakes, whales large enough to contain a man without killing him, and other "miracles" that we have never observed that are capable of bending the laws of nature, that we know must exist because if they didn't morality of man and our place in the universe would be questionable

>be a deist
deism is worse than atheism.

Thats a lot of assumptions and strawmen you've got there friendo

>talks about the laws of nature
>is religious
tee hee hee

Plus those other things come from discovery, theory, diligence, dedication, you know, all of the great things about reason and having a brain and being a human. They don't demand we "believe" in them, dumbass, instead they demand we continue asking questions and continue learning. I love it when Christians try and justify their own bullshit beliefs by literally trying to make science as bullshit as religion.
AHheeee heheheheeee

A "god" isn't necessary-we have plenty of things to figure out about the human mind, the universe, and our place in it. Stop being such a weak-minded idiot and grow up.

No, it is objectively not.

OP makes a legit point and you.... don't.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum?wprov=sfla1

>we have plenty of things to figure out about the human mind, the universe, and our place in it
And yet you shut your mind out to the possibility of God. How sad.

>be atheist
>doesn't believe in God
Has nothing to do with science
Beliefs are irrational.
Theists can't successfully argue against atheism on any level. As a result they craft hysterical strawmen arguments about science, because they're so shockingly deluded, they imagine they can win arguments against science.
Hilarity ensues.

>once upon a time six guerillion years ago everything exploded from nothing, forming stars and planets.

>It rained on this planet for 6 septillion years turning rocks into germs, germs into fish, fish into niggers, niggers into monkeys, and monkeys into people.

sounds like retards first attempt at a religion to me tbhfam

>What is a parable

believing in a god that is ambivalent or powerless is far more nihilistic and depressing, not to mention it leads to a more destructive and damaging mindset than the regular destructive and damaging mindset that an atheist has.

>thumbnail
If you both weren't retarded you'd see that OP's post is a strawman. "Laws of nature" aren't really laws so much as they are observations. 10000 years ago the laws of nature were tied to mystical beings and not scientific observations and informed assumption.
>THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD!
>Except the parts that don't make sense, they're just stories
Wew lad

Thats why every successful society was built around religion?

Confusciunism is the closest thing to a successful athiest society and it relied on passing down successful ways of life through the generations. This is the role of religion, you can see what is happening now, religion is thrown out, and with it goes centuries of our ancestors learned knowlege. Instead of racial homogeny we get retarded leftists importing muslim zealots. Instead of purging the murderers, thieves and general make the earth work motherfuckers, we spend billions on trying to reform them. All the while they just turn into even worse criminals after spending years associating with nothing but other criminals and only abiding by laws when there is a guard watching at the moment.

Athiesm is cancer to every successful civilisation.

My bad comrad

>I save pictures of retarded people on my device
>That sure showed you
You can stop posting now.

What's the term for when I don't believe in God because I don't see a very good reason to but I don't fault people who do or really care as long as they don't behead me?

What's wrong with irrational? Emotions are irrational, but they make us human, unless you're Commander Data.

A real cool guy

The behavior of galaxies indicates the existence of mass that we have yet to observe. Hence, dark matter. I'm not saying any theory is wrong, we do our best with what we know, but don't take consensus as law.

Reasonable

NO YOU MUST BE 100% FOR OR AGAINST REEEEEEEEE

Atheist

>What's wrong with irrational?
It's irrational. It's cool with emotions and shit because they don't REALLY matter but when you start make real decisions with real consequences based on irrational thought and muh feels then bad shit starts happening.

Exactly. People compare science to religion but science fucking owns up when it's wrong; it doesn't double down and move the goalposts. "We were wrong, let's see why." vs. "We're not wrong, God's Will is not understandable by humans™!"

>Science owns up when it's wrong.

Science isn't right or wrong. People are, and people rarely if ever own up.

nevermind the existance of a god, why would you worship him?? he made it so animals have to kill eachother to survive and let the weak wither away

sounds like a douche 2me

The truth is neither religious fags or scientists fucking know how all started. The former invented a fairy tale out of their asses and the later just found out that celestial bodies are drifting apart from one another therefore they assumed that everything diverged from one point.

At least the later try harder.

Multiverses/Parallel dimensions are pure science fiction. It amazes me that TV scientists continue to push this liquid falsehood, and that people actually swallow it. The infinite universe theory logically reintroduces the idea that an intelligent God exists in one of these infinite universes, which is the very idea most of these multiverse theorists rail against.

Fiction.

even granting that our cosmologists knew exactly what they were doing, no one could ever be bothered to verify any of their fantastic claims. Science is the new religion

>Exactly. People compare science to religion but science fucking owns up when it's wrong; it doesn't double down and move the goalposts. "We were wrong, let's see why." vs. "We're not wrong, God's Will is not understandable by humans™!"
So you admit that climate alarmism isn't science.

Correct. You've probably seen what that guy is doing time and time again, as well. Talking about science or evolution as though it has sentience. It's just ordinary people with math and theories. Science does "find a way". Evolution doesn't "choose specimens".

All of what you mentioned exist compared to God

Science > Dogmas

>Believing in Jewish fairy tales

Good goy!

Srry, I meant for

some of those theories are backed by physical knowledge

Feelings very much matter. I'm not saying logic doesn't matter, I'm saying both matter. Was it cold hard logic that let you fall in love? Was it by pure reason that you choose you hobbies or how you spend your free time. Logic runs the universe, emotion is your experience of it. There has never been proof of God, but maybe there is an experience of God.

Fair enough, but many of these people are/were long dead by the time we realize they were wrong.
The alarmism isn't science and I admit it does seem a bit overblown
But you'd have to be a retard to live on a planet now almost completely covered by a single species and not think there'd be any changes to balance of the ecosystem
But my experience of the universe doesn't matter. It may matter to me but it objectively has no worth to anyone else.

Be agnostic you dumb shits.

Atheists are full of shit, so are Christians.
It's both bullshit.

OK how does that address what I said? I understand that a theory is the community's working model. Are you suggesting that everyone understands special/general relativity, cosmological redshift, and differential geometry? Everyone is functioning on a faith-based grounding.

a catholic priest came up with the big bang theory lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

>I'm atheist-lite but it's totally different from atheism somehow

>>doesn't believe in God because of science
>>believe in dark matter, dark energy, the multiverse,
This is actually a good point. I think the evidence for everything you have listed is highly lacking. I'm an atheist and ive noticed that throughout history, the cutting edge of science has been wrong. its probably the same case today.

I get a real kick out of when they say this math equation proves X. Yea buddy, im sure your math equation has every variable you need to prove that.

people like you don't deserve to live

They regard it as a possibility, nothing else. And no, you are not supposed to understand every little detail of their theories (Im pretty sure if they were lying, someone else also versed in the matter would already refute them hard). Religious fags are worse because they literally preach a fucking dogma.

>dark matter
This actually is at least somewhat observable. We can observe that galaxies are being held together by some force, since the gravity of observable matter does not seem sufficient to hold galaxies together. We call this force Dark Matter. Science doesn't know yet what what it exactly "is".

>dark energy
It can be deduced that through the redshift of distant galaxies that the universe is expandng. And therefore, some force must be causing it to expand. We call this force Dark Energy. Dark Matter and Dark Energy are just labels we currently use to describe forces that are not well understood.

>the multiverse
It logically makes sense for a multiverse to exist. If something can happen once, there is no reason why it couldn't happen multiple times.

>abiogenesis
Abiogenesis makes sense from a statistical perspective. If an event has a non-zero chance of happening, given enough chances, it eventually will happen. Hence, even if the probably that a primitive life form forming at a given location at a given moment is extremely small, given enough time and space, it eventually will happen.

Educate yourself.

There is evidence in support of the Big Bang Theory:

1. Redshift of Galaxies
2. Microwave Background
3. Mixture of Elements
4. Actually seeing old light from distance galaxies

science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-powered-the-big-bang

These are all observable phenomena.
One doesn't make a theory, then find evidence to support it.
The collect evidence FIRST, then try to explain it with a theory.

Big Bang fits best with what evidence we have, and current physical axioms.

If you want to disprove it, you are invited to do so by either introducing new evidence, or disproving existing evidence, or disproving the basic axioms of the physical universe.

Unlike Christianity, we won't flay you alive or break you on the wheel for questioning things.

>by the time we realized they we're wrong
My point is, people will spend their whole careers trying to prove a theory, to the detriment of progress sometimes. I don't even blame them for having such an attachment to their life's work. I'm just saying, be wary of contemporary work.

>Hence, even if the probably
*probability

>mysterious invisible processes that we have never observed that
We can create dark matter...

>And no, you are not supposed to understand every little detail of their theories
You just proved my point. Think about how many cosmologists there are vs people that ascribe to that 'belief'
You have no idea what academia is, do you? Academics are dogmatic. You have to be to advocate and convince others of your claims. I've seen how some astrophysicists write up papers, not as objective as you might hope. I'm not even religious btw

I seriously think life is an inevitable state of matter, simplicity breeds complexity, thats how abiogenesis occurs. A limited number of rules for the way systems conduct themselves can grow exponentially in complexity which we can see in the way a limited number of quantum fields was able to form into various sub atomic particles, then into atomic particles and so on breeding ever more complex systems. I believe that its a state that all matter is moving towards all the time.

Agnosticism is the only logical choice, baka