ISR Drone Sensor Operator here AMA

I will answer anything that isn't classified.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pyMNIFZTQkg
youtube.com/watch?v=IjJmTeBSEzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you seen aliums?

I have seen some strange electromagnetic disturbances that have yet to be explained to me, but actual inter dimensional beings? No.

How reliable is the equipment?
Service tech for military equipment here.

i really like this girl but i dont know what to do can you please come with me to reddit so you can give me some advice you bitchass ama faggot

Can't you talk about classified stuff anonymously?

About how long does a drone last in the air before it needs to return & refuel? Always been curious about these types of thingies.

Hows cannon/creech?

Can I pretend like you're my uncle so I can tell everyone that my uncle has a cool job? My real uncle is an alcoholic.

Could you please bomb our mosques?

The EO/IR sensors are outstanding. The Wescam Mx-10 has great resolution and does well in those rough times of the day like civil twilight where everything seems to blend together. The other payloads that collect other intelligence work very well.

As far as the munitions end, the shackle system we use rarely fails, and the ordinances themselves do ok for what they really are (BB guns).

The best systems of course are the computers, at a minimum I monitor 4 screens at all times, with multiple programs in each. The amount of inter connected viability is actually very impressive, seeing as how your bird can be 5,000 miles away from you.

Have you ever seen guys fucking animals? How common is it?

Sick of Talk Of The West yet?

I want answers about area 51 and Antarctica

is the electrostatic wing thing still classified?

if not, elaborate please. if you have no idea what im talking about assume they haven't tried it on drones yet.

Have you killed anyone?

Are drones really gonna be the next revolution that causes WW3 to become a WW1-tier blood-soaked shitfest like the machine gun?

How big is your dick?

Boxers or briefs?

Do your coworkers seem like good people? What are they like

How does it feel to know that in reality you're neocon and neolib puppet to perpetuate the military industrial complex instead of serving your country (I of course assume you signed up thinking you'd do that last bit)

Is it fun to kill people with these?

It looks super fun.

I cannot give you exact numbers since those are sensitive, but I can tell you that there are a few birds that can last for days, while others can only last for a few hours. It all depends on the loadout (bombs, electrical systems on board), winds, altitude you're flying at, etc...
Ah, the hub, I am not in Nevada or New Mexico. I am actually in North Carolina. I've got a lot of friends in the desert(s) though. Sure, little Timmy, now run along and go fetch me a bottle of Thunderbird for my PTSD. Sure, just have your Muslims use them for nefarious purposes, don't allow them to harbor children in there for human shields and we can light em up.

Can you make the missile do a sharp U turn and hit your own drone?

are the chairs comfortable?

What level of pilot training do you have? I remember they were asking for people with private pilot level licenses to fly those drones a while back.

Is the coffee any good?

>sensor operator
>level of pilot training

does starting at infrared all day make the "real world" wierd? I know retarded question

I watched a surprisingly good doc on drone operators on PBS, and it doesn't seem easy. Best of wishes in life, user

Yes, it happens, but it's rare. We usually pan away when things are getting hot and heavy. The weird ones are when they bring the livestock on top of their roofs to go to town on them.
I don't have any answers for either of those.
As far as I am aware, yes. The one being developed by DARPA right?
So the way it works with us is the Pilot arms the bird, the SO targets the person or thing, and the pilot then fires the munition. I work inside the kill chain, but personally am not responsible single handedly for a death in the drone fashion.
Standard Sup Forums 7.25". Niether, I wear basketball shorts under my flight suit.
I am fine with it, keeps my family fed and me in the best place possible when the civil war happens.
More frustrating than fun. You can sit and do pattern of life for weeks before you go kinetic.

when can i purchase one? it's for big game hunting not anything illegal.

Is there a latency in your commands? Like say you press the "bomb fire" button, does it fire immediately or does it take some time?
Also, is there a latency in the video feeds you get from your drone? Since its thousands kms aways, it must be delayed by a few seconds?
Also, are the video feeds you see in realtime in HD? Or is it the shit quality that are generally released for public on youtube?
Btw, thats a v cool machine user.

how does it feel knowing that NSA is looking at this thread right now?

For the first 3 hours, sure, after 12-15 hours they are not lol.
I have my PPLs but that was out of choice, I don't fly it, I control the sensor (the camera used to shoot feed and target)
We use Electro Optical in HD more than anything to be honest, we used to do a lot of IR when night raids were more popular. But those kinda went away with the whole "warrant" thing in Afghanistan.
It can be either of two things. Boring as fuck for days or the most stressful 5 minutes of your life at any given moment.

Do you feel a measure of responsibility for the death of that person? Or is the guilt more dispersed like with a firing squad where half the guns are loaded with blanks?

Just build your own, you can fly anything under 250lbs under 400 feet as a hobbyist in the states. Just be aware of airspace regulations and classifications.
I am fine with that, I have a few good buddies at Meade and other sites. I am not sharing anything unclassified or sensitive.

Where are you stationed?

How many unarmed children have you killed?

the one im thinking of was actually used on the f117 (maybe have wrong number) flying triangles. technically that means it was first developed at skunkworks at area 51...

now that I think about it I forget where I even saw that. don't drone me bro.

Actually this is a big question. So usually when we kill someone, we know their name, DOB, family history, eating habits and sometimes the children's names. We will overwatch them for a long period of time, so there is a weird connection there. Folks on the ground might eliminate a person not knowing who he was at all. I am not saying one is harder or one is easier, but these are both hard things to deal with. The soldier on the ground goes back to base and stays deployed, I on the other hand sign out and drive home.

do you support american military intervention in Syria?

How important is Israeli Tech ? Is it overstated?

great posts! I just knew you would answer the dick question.

Would you help fire upon Americans in America?

I am stationed in Fayetteville NC.
Accidentially? About 4. Intentionally about 12 or so. It's hard to confirm those after the fact sometimes. We only push past the under MAM restriction for big HVIs.
Tasking a pred to your location now.

Is the future of AI drones going to kill us all?

How did you react to killing someone for the first time, did you even really care or did it being a drone disconnect you from the experience?

Do you guys contact Russia and Syria often? Im sure media blows it all outta preportion

Yes, but for side of Assad. I think we should be helping him eliminate ISIS there.
Israeli Tech is important due to the interagency group work. Other than that, Im gonna have to go no comment brother.
My oath of enlistment states that I am to "protect the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic." So yes, but we won't have to on American soil. The local police forces are droning up now.

Watch these when possible, user:

youtube.com/watch?v=pyMNIFZTQkg

youtube.com/watch?v=IjJmTeBSEzU

Are you in the "AOE" in the sense that you arent anywhere near armed conflict but youre still technically "in afghanistan" so General Atomics can charge 3x to the DOE?

Follow up: how much do you spend on online gambling in your free time?

Follow up follow up: did you vote for hillary?

>Israeli Tech is important due to the interagency group work.
>uses sensors made by Elbit Systems through join-ventures and flat out aquisitions

Is it true that multiple non-combatants are killed for each target?

AI is a huge conversation piece right now in the IC. All I can really tell you is that automation for screening and intel collection is the way of the future. It takes too many people to watch all the time.
Well, I was thousands of miles away, in an air conditioned building eating Pizza Rolls. In training you watch so many folks getting smoked it doesn't really stick with you anymore. I think being scrubbed of emotions before hand really helps.
No, the only time we have to contact other countries is to deconflict air space. Other than that, we kinda glide by one another.

what's the pay? is it worth it?

Whats the largest bomb available to be dropped by drones? How many missiles does each drone carry? Can the enemies see the drones or do they never notice them? How does the targeting system work? Do you click on the target or does it automatically target people?

Were you Obama's right hand drone man?

How many shekels do you make a year?

Why did North Korea send a drone over the DMZ? Are they checking for signs of a potential invasion?

Will do, thanks for the links.
Yes, I am remote from any physical harm during all manners of the mission. I don't do online gaming, my addiction is actually wood working. I build shit in my garage that I really don't need. No, I did not vote for her. I actually did a write in on my vote.
No, not at all, we are very surgical with the munitions. That's the benefit of drones, we have a very long loiter time, so we can wait for a great shot. Fighters on the other hand have an hour tops before they burn their gas out, so they have to take whatever shot they can get. I would say maybe 1 non combatant out of every 100 true enemies are hurt or killed.

Would you use your drone on US citizens if ordered to, inside the states?

What about upon Europeans?

Are there plans to strike a Syrian/ Russian government convoy again or was that a one off

Can you provide any information regarding Seth Rich?

not that I care about collateral damage among mudslimes, but do drone operators really make an effort to avoid it?

Your question has already been answered.
>My oath of enlistment states that I am to He "protect the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic." So yes, but we won't have to on American soil. The local police forces are droning up now."

>cooking hot pockets
>can't maintain a healthy weight
>he does it for free

Pay is the same for me as any other enlisted member with my rank and time in service, the military pay charts are open source. Although I get a flight pay and haz pay when overseas. It is worth it in my book, me doing my job keeps a American soldier off the battlefield.
That all depends on the aircraft itself, what model, and what other systems it has on it. Every asset is different, but the GBU-38 is a pretty hefty munition to lob at someone. All UAS/UAVs can carry different sorts of munitions, depending on the bird. Sometimes they can, especially if we are flying low due to weather in the day time, or they hear them due to acoustics in valleys. Targeting systems I would rather not get into, but I will say that there is a reason I still have a job.
I think Obama liked to use agency assets more for his signature strikes, but no, I am not his right hand drone man. In a field of thousands of us, I am not a golden star.
Enough to buy my Jewtube subscriptions.
That could have actually been a navigational error. Drones sometimes lose link and go into maintenance orbits and fly on their own. If he did it intentionally...well...we all know how fucking crazy he is.

Cannon is a decent base, but the surrounding area makes me want to kill myself every day oh my god

Hello buddy

What's it like doing your job?

No clue bud, I just push button and get banana.
Yes, Seth Rich was an American Hero who was murdered by the DNC and he will be avenged. Also, Kim.com is a fat piece of shit. Disclaimer: Those remarks do not represent my professional work or the employer I work for.
Yes, a lot, I have a wife and kids. So I try to be empathetic even if there weren't laws. 99% of the time, we don't even need to make an effort, the mudslimes walk around in open fields all damned day.
Lol, I keep in good shape, but I might get to eat only once every 12 hours so I pack in the calories. Also I try and avoid fiber to avoid taking a shit during a mission.

Self-destruct button now? After the Iran incident.

What weapons systems are the drones you operate equipped with?

I hope you go over your parents' house one day, with your drone, and you catch your mom going black.

>want to avoid taking a shit
Just eat an MRE tech sarge

Hola.
Fun, frustrating, interesting, challenging, shitty, boring, worrisome, fulfilling and soul sucking. All at once. On one side I am doing something I find interesting and helpful such as watching over the fellas on the ground to keep them safe, and then other times I might be watching a field for hours with nothing in sight based on a shitty intel tip.

No Doritos and Mtn Dew at your workstation?

have the enemy really learned how to listen for the hum/noise that drones make?

That pic makes my dick hard.
Need to be using it goat fuckers tho.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

How hard would it be to tell the difference between burning debris and a coalition IR Strobe?

When was the last time you were at meade?

No that would be us over here

also can civvies do any of this or is it enlisted only?

Do you feel weird flying a plane without any gravitational feedback?

>coalition IR Strobe
Dont the strobe pulsates in a standard fashion?

You're referring to the RQ-170 incident I presume. I won't comment on that one. There are a few theories out there, one is correct.
Lol, something similar has happened before to a guy I used to work with regarding his wife. But to answer your statement, my mom passed a few years back. Inb4 some nigger is raping her grave.

you think a lowly fucking 'operator' has info like that?

fuck, you are retarded and naive

>I think being scrubbed of emotions beforehand really helps

How? You mean from watching a lot of training videos?

Not just enlisted. Officers can also.

Sorry for hijacking thread OP, thought I'd help out as I'm fucking bored right now after work.

Civvies? Probably not but I'll let OP answer than one

Does your family know about the work you do or do you avoid mentioning?

How do I become a drone operator?

FUCKING ENLISTED FAG STEALING MY JOB THATS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR OFFICERS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's very hard to tell the difference. You should start fires around your ambushes to confuse everyone. If you could also raise your ISIS flag too that would be great

How long can they stay up in the air?

How long is the 'lag' from you enter in a command till the drone reacts? And how does it change w/ altitude and distance.

Whats the average killscore on your base?

How do you go about getting into a job like this? Always been curious but never knew the path to check it out.

Is it that "easy" to get your job?

Kek

Y u mad though sir ???

Sensor operators have always been enlisted

It doesn't take a genius to play video games.

You can't spell lost without LT

ONLY OFFICERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY. THE AIRFORCE IS BEING A BUNCH OF CHEAP PUSSYS AS USUAL

First step is to have your country operating drones, I suppose.

Do the fighter jocks ever swing by and make fun of you all? Have they ever shoved you into a locker?