Do you guys enjoy your work?

Does anyone actually like their fucking job? I honestly don't think decent jobs exist anymore.

How do you guys cope with your soul sucking jobs?

As a side note, what is your major/career and political affiliation? How did you get into it, and do you like it at all?

I work retail. Been there for 5 years. For the past year now it's made me extremely suicidal. I'm going back to school and hoping this will be my last year there. If it isn't, I'm going to kill myself.

I'm a math grad student and it sucks right now but professors seem to have a pretty enviable job:
> Super low stress
> Relatively low working hours
> Pay is pretty good
> Get to do research on topics that interest them

I work at mcdonalds
shit sucks but will be nice when they raise the minimum wage.

Thinking of just trying to become a professor or some shit and live in my (leftist) ivory tower on government dollah. Student life is okay-ish. Friends work soul crushing normal jobs for peanuts and they mostly escape with video games and alcohol. If all else fails I'll join some military and die in a far off shithole. Must be better than this life.

I worked construction for five years before I got a small enough inheritance to live comfortably as a landlord. Looking back at it I don't really have any bad memories per se. I just hate waking up because I've had really bad insomnia issues since I was a child so that will follow me no matter what job I take.

Work as a delivery courier. Make living wage at $18 entry level. It is laborious and long hours but the best part about the job is that time literally flies and I don't constantly check to see when I go home. I usually get 10 hours OT a week bringing in a total of $1400 every two weeks and own a 2015 caddy cts vsport and bitches love me. Also am going to school.

I'm in game dev actually. Condition are horrible but I find it enjoyable and money is ok.

I need some help deciding a career. Here are my interests.

>College professor (Specify which subjects are good? Not sure what I'd teach.)
>Business Administration degree and get into management/sales/marketing or something. This is what I'm currently in school for.
>Become a winemaker/vineyard worker
>Become a Chef and try to make it into the upper echelon of the restaurant/fine dining industry. Could get an Associate's in Culinary Arts at my school, but this degree seems rocky.
>Become an Electrician
>Become a bartender

Everything seems to just want experience or slightly less experience combined with a degree. It doesn't even seem like there are any jobs for recent college grads with no experience. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm not really sure if a Biz Admin degree itself is good enough to get me something decent right out of college or something that isn't soul sucking.

I love my job because ever day I go in and there is a different challenge, a different job sitting in front of me. I get to not only watch, but actively make something from nothing through the act of controlled destruction.

I work as a debt collector for capital one. Super easy/intermittently rewarding when you manage to help people out.

>2017
>working

Marketing and electrician will make you money

Winkemaking will make you happy if you have a passion for it

(just study VR and come join my company, we're going to redpill everyone through propaganda and be bigger than Disney)

Lab technician.
Shits alright @40k/year. It can be monotonous, but gets interesting when things go wrong.

software developer intern. $25/hour. looking to do something different when I graduate, but not sure what. I can't work a job for the rest of my life. I'd rather an hero.

Is Business Admin a worthwhile degree to get? Can I get into marketing with it? I'd enjoy marketing, I think.

Winemaking would be cool but they ask for Viticulturist degrees a lot of the time and there's no programs for that around here. Maybe I could get an apprenticeship at a Winery but I'd have to move to California or somewhere probably, as I'm living in Michigan, and I dunno if I wanna fly across the country for a job interview.

I clean and maintain swimming pools and swimming pool equipment. 28k Yearly.

I voted Bush - Bush - (((McCain))) - Trump

Didn't vote for Rom because, well, you know

0$ per year

full time NEET

not a normy

i dont like successful people because jesus said they already received their consolation and not to store yourselves treasure on earth and woe to the rich man

i love my job. honestly, reading meditations really helped me get my head around being a wage slave.

Business admin degree is shit
If you want to start a business, start a business. It's one of the few things you don't need a degree for.

Winemaking is complicated to get into, id probably wait till I were older.

Go into marketing education and see if you can start a business on the side. That's a recipe for success

I'm an Account Manager for a software as a service company. $55,000 a year / $26.44 an hour at age 25.

I really like it. Getting paid well (for my age and experience) is a good motivation, and it gets incredibly technical and nuanced, which is fun if you like computers to begin with.

I work in a (((centrist))) think tank. I actually love the work and the people I work with and end most days with a sense of satisfaction.

Pay is decent but below what I'd be earning in government but I'm learning so much that it's worth it in the long run career wise.

I did a polisci and economics degree then did a post grad program. Would not reccomend this pathway though as a lot of people end up not getting jobs in the field. If you are still interested though just intern as much as you can, professional skills are much more respected than just having perfect marks.

>lifelong NEET
>people tell me to life a job and stop leeching off my parents
>get autismbux
>the gubmint is my new parents to leech off of
>in Pyrrhic spite to minorities, spend all day on taxpayer dollars shilling for Republican politicians who want to reduce benefits

Self employed indiefag or pajeet code monkey?

If you're working for someone else, you'll never get paid what you're worth and you'll never truly find satisfaction. If your boss isn't the douche that's making your life hell, some coworker will be trying to get you to do your job and his too.

Some lines of work have a path where it's fairly easy to go into business for yourself, some lines of work, you will be stuck in a cube forever. Choose wisely.

My political affiliation is with Chaos these days. If I had to fly a flag, I fly the fucking Jolly Roger.

I'm a barista.
Not some shitty hipster working in some no name cafe but.
I do enjoy my job, i have easlier made over 100k coffees in my life and i have never gotten sick of making them.
Only things i don't like is the hours and i have to work with lots of leftists, other than that its a great job.

I am a Safety Systems Manager at Toyota and I actually enjoy my job. The pay is what I consider low but I live in a very rural area and make 20K above the median. The work, is often light unless someone fucks up something but I am high enough in the chain that it never falls up to me.

Overall I spend the majority of my day on my laptop playing games and reading the internet.

Tell me how that works

what is a centrist? Do they just base all of their beliefs on whatever is currently in the middle of left and right?

I'm alright with my work. Earn over 100k/year and I work roughly 3 days a week. It's IT based work.

The secret is, find a job that pays well and allows you to have great work life balance. Spend that free time on your own projects.

Same job, different workplace can make all the difference. I went from 70 hour weeks to 20-30 hour weeks with better pay.

I went back to school, amd it's the same shit mang.

find a tradecraft. Or go off the grid.

I talk to insurance companies and angry patients for 8 hours a day, 11 dollars an hour, with people who dislike me much more than I dislike them. I've been given crushing responsibility that I can't possibly handle and disaster is coming closer every day and my coworkers are chomping at the bit to see me fuck up because they think I'm some golden boy teacher's pet. The only thing I live for is anime and Dwarf Fortress. I often fantasize about dying.

Work isn't honourable anymore it gets more cucked by the day. I want to be rich so I can jew everyone and not be jewed down here with the moron scum.

You lack self-awareness.

I work in VR at a major film studio, and I can tell you right now that your little shit company has a shadow over it in the form of every major studio and tech company spinning their wheels trying to make vr profitable

you guys are fucked

Fuck, I can only imagine what that's like in Japan--I mean, if you're not a proxyfag.

Doctoral-level clinical psychologist here. I work in a specialized environment and have a small private practice on the side. How I got into it is a long and boring story involving dreams being crushed and falling into something I loved. I suppose you could call me a minarchist, but I feel like most political affiliation these days is situational so I'm generally for whatever is going to cause the most chaos and disruption in State apparatus.

I like my job. The pay is decent, the work environment is awesome, I have access to a class of patients I wouldn't otherwise see in the wild with any regularity, and the only real downside is having to deal with parents and the occasional bit of crisis. When things suck too bad I generally either drink or hit the shooting range.

you have 100k a year but youre not entering the rapture on september 23rd

so what do you have

you will accept the mark of the beast and satan because youre so deceived in love with your life and your work and your wealth

I work at a hedge fund. Have a master in engineering physics.

High frequency trading. Pays well and it's quite fun.

>My political affiliation is with Chaos these days. If I had to fly a flag, I fly the fucking Jolly Roger.

I resemble that remark.

Nobody wants to play with your shitty VR meme you kike faggot

I am waiting for my savings to dwindle to my last $1000 and then I am getting into a Heroin habit. $7000 away

my dad works for nintendo

I fucking love my work. I'm a screen printer and it is a great trade. I started when I was 17 as an assistant, put my nose to the grindstone through at least 15 different shops, always made sure to learn from those around me and pay attention to what works and what doesn't, and now at 40 I've mastered my craft. I print for an art jew @ $125/hr by day, and print for my own customers in my spare time at ~$250/hr.

I had to grind it out in heavy production shops for many years, and that shit can be rough, but on the plus side all the sissies get washed out quick and most shops have good camaraderie among the grunts.

I feel lucky to never have had a shitty retail job, or had to sit at a computer or a phone all day. I'm up and active, and I get to produce shit and see the results of my skill manifest in front of my eyes.

Feels good, man.

What dreams did you have that were crushed? If you were smart enough for a PhD I imagine you could accomplish almost anything you set your mind to.

I'm an airline pilot. Pretty good gig. Been averaging about 8 actual work days per month and making a good paycheck. Cheap insurance, travel benefits (I used to like taking quick jaunts to europe every couple months or so, but I'd like to avoid taking a nail through the eye socket, so...)

tl;dr Airline Pilot. Good money, lots of time at home with the senpai, free travel, good insurance. feelsgoodman.nef

Chef, its pretty cool other than the standing all the damn time and the heat. I get to work in t shirts and light pants, and just do kitchen work all the time. I also get to make my own specials and basically run that whole section of the restaurant. Pay is decent to. Overall it works for me.

That is the idea. This guy is right. I'm not working but that is close to what I'm looking for. What is more, I think if you do not find a work you can beocme self-employee, you'll spend more time but you'll work for yourself so... it is not a bad idea.

I'm currently unemployed lmao

;_;

I'm fucking Méliès reincarnated you little cuckboy

Your old fuck managers that get tired from walking a flight a stairs don't know what these kids want. I hope you're ready to be bought out.

Pic related, it's your company's future

what state and which delivery service because those jobs are super rare

What do you want to do with VR burgerbro? Maybe we could help eachother out. I've been dabbling with VR games for a little while but besides gaming I honestly believe the applications this technology has in a productivity standpoint could be incredible.

Stuff like a spherical work environment a la tony stark, where you sit in the middle of all your screens and rotate on your chair with KB/Mouse or hand/finger tracking once it gets good enough to allow virtual typing.

Also going back to a more "game" idea, local driving schools would most like enjoy being the "coolest" driving school around by upgrading their screen based simulators with a VR gear. I pitched the idea to my old driving school but they have some kind of partnership with the company making their simulator so I doubt I'll ever hear back from them.

The stuff I like doing the most is trying to solve problems in policy and finding better ways to do something we are already doing rather than promoting new directions.

We promote ourselves as """evidence based""" but in reality a lot of what we do is on one side of the spectrum or the other but we've got a balance of people from different sides so we cop flak from basically everyone who is a partisan for something. The office banter is off the chain though.

We've got a bunch of old rich benefactors who keep us going and also get financial support from the private sector for particular projects, so as a whole we arent really held to any interest groups.

Employee, work like a typical wage slave

I do more 3D than coding. Its a small company so I got to try out all the 3D roles tho.

I am an airplane structures engineers. I do stress analysis to make sure airplanes don't fall out of the sky. It doesn't pay as well as it should and I stare at a computer screen all day 5 days a week. I need to stick it out for a few more years until I can afford some land and a house and then I am going to find something else to do.

There's nothing better than pushing a box around a corner for 12 hours a day.

Man...this thread is filled with dismay and despair. The west is in such a demented state. All the wealth in the world and yet no one is fucking happy.

I hate kikes

*libertarian but red pilled on race etc.

Just stumbled into it. Met some guys in the industry when I was in math competitions in HS and did some summer interships in college.

I am a private banker. I invest $ into small private and publicly traded companies. Its fun. The $ is good. A lot of stress in the beginning but not much these days.

Ive got a degrees in Finance and History.
I moved East to get an MBA but never did it.

Well I can assure u it's not the adult disneyland u expect.

>I fly the fucking Jolly Roger
This, become a soldier for the mafia if you have the family ties, only red-pilled work nowadays, everything else is slavery unless you've been born into the elite

>work from home
>make fat stacks of cash
>benefits, stocks, etc.
>get to shitpost all day.

Is there anything better?

i thought being a pilot was only a decent gig once you could fly intercontinental flights? otherwise you'd have to work multiple days to doing short distance flights to meet your flight hours.

how does a job like this even still exist?
why has it not been replaced by a computer printer yet

>There was once a stonecutter who was dissatisfied with himself and with his position in life.

The more power and money, the more responsibility, the more expectations of time and effort, the more shit will blow up in your face if you piss off the wrong asshole on the wrong day. Yeah maybe you can get rid of your dumb bitch supervisor, stop clocking out for lunch, but then the phone calls follow you home and some idiot is getting physically angry about some minor issue.

It makes all those years stocking shelves seem like a joy, a time when you do monkey work with no expectations, no real ramifications for anything you're doing. And yet all that time you thought about the day when you could RELAX in that OFFICE JOB.

We can all find something that sucks about our job. I bet we could form a perfect circle of wantingness in this very thread. Tim wants Bill's job, Bill wants Joe's job, Joe wants Sarah's job, etc. etc. But trust me, there will be somebody who wishes they had Tim's job, so it's all pretty pointless.

I had a moderately successful rock band that paid my way through undergrad and came very close to making it. No combination of intelligence, desire, or drive matters when you're close enough for attorneys to be involved and someone you're not in control of ending up in rehab and fucking it up for everyone. I suppose I could have went to the back of the line, but it was a blessing in disguise as these were the days just before the bottom fell out of the music industry. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed living out of a bus in Europe for six or eight years hoping that I made it to the next level before the grey set in.

I build commercial airliners. I like the work, I hate around 80% of the people that work with me. I cope with drinking. Got into it for the pay and benefits.

yeah, teach me how to do it.. i'll reward you

When you say build, do you mean that you are a rivet monkey?

I dont mind my job. I get paid semi well (38.5k a year salary) Some days I stay an hour late, other days I get home 2 hours early. I am a purchaser for a semi small packaging company in the midwest. A lot of days I drive around for hours at a time. Picking a small box up at point A and taking it to point B, making sure customer at B is happy, and going back to the office.

Its hell on my semi new car, but its great for my sanity

I worked as a volunteer police officer back home. That job was so fun, I literally did it for free.

In contrast, I've hated all the paid jobs I've had.

>Age: 32
>Job: Network Engineer, 105k/yr
>Major: Biochem Engineering

Grew up poor. Served in the US Marines at age of 18 to get away from physically abusive, poor house situation. Got out, earned basic CompTIA certs working 2 part time waiter jobs. Started college with GI Bill; continued college through certs, entry-level Helpdesk jobs with a few IT firms; eventually got CCNA, CISSP, MCSA etc and now working as a back-end engineer for good pay.

I love my job. It's challenging, I am autonomous and do not report to anyone directly; I have projects I oversee and a team of engineers under me, we all work to build out infrastructures and onboard/offboard client companies.

>Political: Very conservative. Liberalism, progressivism, victim-culture etc is all cancer eating away at the heart of the Republic.
>Religion: No.

That can be true. There is so much variability in the industry from company to company that if you land a job at a place that is in a good spot it can be great. Or if you choose poorly (bad economic timing, no research on your part, etc) then it can be absolutely miserable and soul destroying.

I'm only in my second year at the airlines but did my homework and studied hard and got on with a company that is currently positioned well with good pay/benefits.

I'm working like 3 different part time jobs substitute teaching and doing shit like uber. I don't like any of them, mostly because they're boring and I have no coworkers. I kind of gave up on finding a real job a couple of years ago after sending out hundreds of resumes and cover letters for positions I was qualified for. I'd usually do well in the interviews but I was always competing with people 20 years older than me with that much experience for shit-level entry jobs.

I'd probably be considered a lefty fag by Sup Forums and a racist bigot by SJWs. I don't think that the answer lies somewhere in the middle for everything, but I agree with the left on some issues and the right on others. I don't think either major party in America is offering good solutions to our national problems.

PhD chemist at a window coatings company. I make good money.eh benefits compared to other larger companies.

I enjoy my work but I hate how expensive cities are to live in and if you live outside it takes hours to commute in.

I'm a cop. I love my job and couldn't see myself doing anything else.

Machinist. 18 years in and I used to love it. Now I run a shop and it's literally babysitting retards. Could be worse tho. Knocking down 60K a year w/o a degree.

I build aeroplanes for very rich people.

I don't think about killing myself daily, but do think about killing everyone else.

There are shitloads of digital options. The problem is, paying this guy 14 dollars an hour, and running a screen press is still a metric fuckton cheaper than paying for the printer, ink, and still paying a dude 14 dollars an hour to run

I'm a senior in college, majoring in IT, working with a research team doing mobile app development for doctors.

I really enjoy the work but maybe that's just because I'm relatively new to it and the problems are still unique to me and are fun to solve. Getting to pretty much make my own hours and work remotely for most of the week is a sweet bonus

I legitimately enjoy my current and previous jobs

How many niggers have you bagged?

>Scumbag.

You're a nigger in white skin.

Have you ever gotten to put on the riot gear and bash some pinkos?