Politics in Scifi

Anyone read the book Starship Troopers? It's supposed to be more redpilled than the movie.

I read the article "STARSHIP TROOPERS Turns 20: Does This Film (and book) Lay the Foundation for a Post-Democratic West? Yes." on vdare.com (also see "[6 Reasons Why ‘Starship Troopers’ Is the New ‘The Art of War’, by Joe Pappalardo, Popular Mechanics, February 5, 2015]" But I haven't seen the movie or read the book, do you think it's a good or realistic view of post-democratic western society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=oCRXJcE7dcw
resilience.org/stories/2006-12-04/closing-collapse-gap-ussr-was-better-prepared-collapse-us/
youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M
youtube.com/watch?v=2mvmHwCxw5A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forever_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Official thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

I got the audiobook of Starship Troopers, but it was really shitty quality and full of glitches. I need to find another one.

A film score that rivals John Williams in perfection.

I agree. Starship Troopers is so fucking good. Soundtrack, everything.

Do you think Verhooven knew what he was doing? Like the fact that the movie essentially predicted 9/11 and the War on Terrorism astounds me.

The book advocates a meritocratic society of federal service, but only in the background. It's mostly a book about the musings of a soldier in a far future conflict.

OP to answer your question. The civilization depicted in Starship Troopers seemingly has their shit together in a very good way. Humanity appears to work together in one cohesive unit. They are very K-strategy.

Refer to r/K Selection Theory:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCRXJcE7dcw

How about you just go read the book and make up your own mind about it, dumbass?

the problem with the starship trooper society is that without a larger threat to pre-occupy everyones thoughts the rebel groups and anti totalitarian groups would probably gain larger footholds and split the populace

It's based upon the idea of (unspecified) infinite energy resources that have been tapped to the point of space travel. This is the era of global peak oil, the depletion of all resources in general. Starship Troopers would have to be interpreted and rationalized pretty hard if anyone is to believe it's a good or realistic view of post-democratic western society? You'll have a much better time reading about the depression era, and how the rural and middle class dealt with their situations. Or read about the experiences from the fall of the Soviet Union (there's some good stuff published by Dmitry Orlov).

resilience.org/stories/2006-12-04/closing-collapse-gap-ussr-was-better-prepared-collapse-us/

Not if the veterans have anything to say about it!

youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M

Starship Trooper's Federation isn't post-Democracy, it only changes what it takes to be counted as a citizen rather than a civilian.

The philosophical point is more precise than merely "veterans get to vote". Heinlein proposes the necessity of the "moral equal" that says authority = responsibility, and responsibility = authority. One cannot morally have authority without having equal responsibility for it. And one cannot morally be burdened with responsibility without being given authority to affect.

Heinlein's fundamental point is the the universal franchise gives people authority without simultaneously burdening them with responsibility. In the case of state power, voting implies the ability to employ violence, and the ability to employ violence without responsibility is the hight of immorality.

thought the movie was a poor critique fascism and not in spirit with the book at all

The movie was made to parody the book by a leftist. It was supposed to parody nationalism. The book is red pilled as fuck. Fascist space empire when?

I actually like the idea of citizen stratocracy. It would weed out the lazy elements in society by either removing their right to vote until they get off their lazy asses and "do their part." It would contribute to a physically fit and mentally prepared population of voters who have "been there" and "done that." The population of voters who had been in the military would value hard work as they did hard work to become a citizen. Also, the only good bug is a dead bug.

>Female soldiers being vaguely competent
film was shit

Pretty fucking deep also nice trips

Yeah, the citizens who have not done their part for society would loose priveledges. They can still contribute but it's not as likely to go somewhere unless you've done your four years.

The (((film))) is a parody; the book is badass. The bugs are a metaphor for the commie mentality.

>126849365
>Also, the only good bug is a dead bug.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2mvmHwCxw5A

kek'd & check'd

>Humanity appears to work together in one cohesive unit.

That's kinda the problem. We're at the point where we need a massive common enemy to battle against, but conquest and colonialism of other humans is viewed (perhaps rightfully so) as barbaric and oppressive by modern Western society. So we try to do it surreptitiously, but inevitably get caught and give cultural marxists the grounds to claim that white people are evil and thus further divide us.

Very well put, Slavbro.

Don't have time

Verhooven always knows what he's doing. Even in Showgirls.

They aren't only militaristic, they're also expansionistic.
This may become an issue when the galaxy is full, so I'd say they have time

Explain, because I think Showgirls is fucking trash.

>resilience.org/stories/2006-12-04/closing-collapse-gap-ussr-was-better-prepared-collapse-us/

I always wanted to hear Sam Fisher teach a class.

> Shines the trips of truth
Universal franchise somehow always translates to people voting themselves free shit and cynical politicians willing to pander to those people as a voting stock. Who would have imagined?

"The sovereign franchise has been bestowed by all sorts of rules -- place of birth, family
of birth, race, sex, property, education, age, religion, et cetera. All these systems worked
and none of them well. All were regarded as tyrannical by many, all eventually collapsed
or were overthrown.
"Now here are we with still another system . . . and our system works quite well. Many
complain but none rebel; personal freedom for all is greatest in history, laws are few,
taxes are low, living standards are as high as productivity permits, crime is at its lowest
ebb. Why? Not because our voters are smarter than other people; we've disposed of that
argument. Mr. Tammany can you tell us why our system works better than any used by
our ancestors?"
I don't know where Clyde Tammany got his name; I'd take him for a Hindu. He
answered, "Uh, I'd venture to guess that it's because the electors are a small group who
know that the decisions are up to them . . . so they study the issues."
"No guessing, please; this is exact science. And your guess is wrong. The ruling nobles
of many another system were a small group fully aware of their grave power.
Furthermore, our franchised citizens are not everywhere a small fraction; you know or
should know that the percentage of citizens among adults ranges from over eighty percent on Iskander to less than three per cent in some Terran nations yet government is
much the same everywhere. Nor are the voters picked men; they bring no special
wisdom, talent, or training to their sovereign tasks. So what difference is there between
our voters and wielders of franchise in the past? We have had enough guesses; I'll state
the obvious: Under our system every voter and officeholder is a man who has
demonstrated through voluntary and difficult service that he places the welfare of the
group ahead of personal advantage.
"And that is the one practical difference."

It's not even 200 pages iirc. You could have read most of it in the time you've spent sitting here, asking other people to form your opinions for you.

Anyone who "doesn't have time" to read a short book is a guaranteed piece of shit, just so you know.

"He may fail in wisdom, he may lapse in civic virtue. But his average performance is
enormously better than that of any other class of rulers in history."
Major Reid paused to touch the face of an old-fashioned watch, "reading" its hands.
"The period is almost over and we have yet to determine the moral reason for our
success in governing ourselves. Now continued success is never a matter of chance.
Bear in mind that this is science, not wishful thinking; the universe is what it is, not what
we want it to be. To vote is to wield authority; it is the supreme authority from which all
other authority derives -- such as mine to make your lives miserable once a day. Force, if
you will! -- the franchise is force, naked and raw, the Power of the Rods and the Ax.
Whether it is exerted by ten men or by ten billion, political authority is force."
"But this universe consists of paired dualities. What is the converse of authority? Mr.
Rico."
He had picked one I could answer. "Responsibility, sir."
"Applause. Both for practical reasons and for mathematically verifiable moral reasons,
authority and responsibility must be equal -- else a balancing takes place as surely as
current `flows between points of unequal potential. To permit irresponsible authority is
to sow disaster; to hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave
with blind idiocy. The unlimited democracies were unstable because their citizens were
not responsible for the fashion in which they exerted their sovereign authority . . . other
than through the tragic logic of history. The unique `poll tax' that we must pay was
unheard of. No attempt was made to determine whether a voter was socially responsible
to the extent of his literally unlimited authority. If he voted the impossible, the disastrous
possible happened instead -- and responsibility was then forced on him willy-nilly and
destroyed both him and his foundationless temple."

Took me a day. Get off 4 Chan and read a book you neet

"Superficially, our system is only slightly different; we have democracy unlimited by
race, color, creed, birth, wealth, sex, or conviction, and anyone may win sovereign
power by a usually short and not too arduous term of service -- nothing more than a light
workout to our cave-man ancestors. But that slight difference is one between a system
that works, since it is constructed to match the facts, and one that is inherently unstable.
Since sovereign franchise is the ultimate in human authority, we insure that all who
wield it accept the ultimate in social responsibility -- we require each person who wishes
to exert control over the state to wager his own life -- and lose it, if need be -- to save the
life of the state. The maximum responsibility a human can accept is thus equated to the
ultimate authority a human can exert. Yin and yang, perfect and equal."

Not one fat person in the whole movie

There are many positives to mandatory military service for citizenship and the right to vote.

WAR CAUSED BY POPULATION PRESSURE

>But it was interesting. I caught one of those master's thesis assignments he chucked around so casually; I had suggested that the Crusades were different from most wars. I got sawed off and handed this: Required: to prove that war and moral perfection derive from the same genetic inheritance.

>Briefly, thus: All wars arise from population pressure. (Yes, even the Crusades, though you have to dig into trade routes and birth rate and several other things to prove it.) Morals — all correct moral rules derive from the instinct to survive; moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level — as in a father who dies to save his children. But since population pressure results from the process of surviving through others, then war, because it results from population pressure, derives from the same inherited instinct which produces all moral rules suitable for human beings.

>Check of proof: Is it possible to abolish war by relieving population pressure (and thus do away with the all-too evident evils of war) through constructing a moral code under which population is limited to resources?

>Without debating the usefulness or morality of planned parenthood, it may be verified by observation that any breed which stops its own increase gets crowded out by breeds which expand. Some human populations did so, in Terran history, and other breeds moved in and engulfed them

We do have a massive common enemy though, which is the ridiculous part. What is that common enemy you ask? Each of us has the challenge of continuing our individual survival in the face of the mysteries of the universe and all the challenges that comes along with it. We gotta get going. We don't even have a planetary defense against meteors. The list of supressive forces that can kill us goes on and on. The list is massive, and that list is the common enemy we already have. I just think very few humans perceive it this way (for now).

>Nevertheless, let's assume that the human race manages to balance birth and death, just right to fit its own planets, and thereby becomes peaceful. What happens?

>Soon (about next Wednesday) the Bugs move in, kill off this breed which "ain'ta gonna study war no more" and the universe forgets us. Which still may happen. Either we spread and wipe out the Bugs, or they spread and wipe us out — because both races are tough and smart and want the same real estate.

>Do you know how fast population pressure could cause us to fill the entire universe shoulder to shoulder? The answer will astound you, just the flicker of an eye in terms of the age of our race.

>Try it — it's a compound-interest expansion.

>But does Man have any "right" to spread through the universe?

>Man is what he is, a wild animal with the will to survive, and (so far) the ability, against all competition. Unless one accepts that, anything one says about morals, war, politics — you name it — is nonsense. Correct morals arise from knowing what Man is — not what do gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.

>The universe will let us know — later — whether or not Man has any "right" to expand through it.

From STARSHIP TROOPERS by Robert Heinlein (1959)

>Hi fourchan ive not red a book or sean a movie but what about you click my clickbait k thanks bye
Leave.

He knew. Red Letter Media did a ReView of it and when they started discussing the technique and some of the methods used it makes it pretty clear there's intent behind most shots in the movie.
I'll provide one example: did you ever wonder why the entire first part of the movie, before they enlist, has flat lighting and looks like Beverly Hills 90210?
I also read somewhere he was disgusted with the book and didn't even finish it.

Holy shit that article is the purest form of distilled pessimism I've seen in a while

Obesity is a detriment to society and an automatic denial of citizenship.

so many good quotes!

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never settles anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst."

He sighed. "Another year, another class — and for me another failure. One can lead a child to knowledge but one cannot make him think." Suddenly he pointed his stump at me. "You. What is the moral difference, if any, between the soldier and the civilian?"
"The difference, I said carefully, "lies in the field of civic virtue. A soldier accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he is a member, defending it, if need be, with his life. The civilian does not."
"The exact words of the book," he said scornfully. "But do you understand it? Do you believe it?"

Without debating the usefulness or morality of planned parenthood, it may be verified by observation that any breed which stops its own increase gets crowded out by breeds which expand.

many more good 'uns on the wikiquote page

the weird thing is, Heinlein served in the Navy for a short time and never saw combat, but he -gets- military topics so well that his book is on the Commandant's List of every commissioning program in the U.S. military

OP here OK I'll get the book! I almost never read sci-fi anymore since I was a kid, mostly stick to non-fiction such as:

Race and Reason
Race Traitor
Luther on the Jews
Henry Ford's "International Jew"
Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger

Sci-fi isn't real so it always takes more effort to convince myself it isn't a waste of time, but I have to remind myself a lot of "non-fiction" needs a grain of salt too :)

Yeah. I read it about 6 years ago. I remember bugs, they had allies called "skinnes" or something, and the phrase "on the bounce." Then there was that finale when the main character, Rico, went into tunnels to kill the bugs. And his father joined the service. I think I remember Rico starting as a Private and making Sgt., but then getting a battlefield promotion to Lt.
In the story women are designated pilots because they have better reflexes or something.

Those hacks totally misunderstood the movie. It really soured me against them when they kept saying how it just glorified war and death. They totally missed the deeper heroic elements, like they typically miss things in their reviews, the literal hacks.

Pretty sure his intent didn't work. He just ending up making fascism great again.

I loved the book. The concept of citizen vs civilian needs to be implemented in some way for a republic to survive.In the book it is explained why the right to office/right to vote is given to people who serve in the military and why it works. It would be nice if it worked, it would fix all of the major problems of governance. However, the military industrial complex is far too strong for this to ever work. If Starship Troopers government were implemented tomorrow, you would essentially need to volunteer to die for Israel to earn your right to vote. There would need to be a full scale revolution to root out all the corrupt elements of our current government before this one could be implemented. People in the military aren't saints either (Remember those high ranking Navy officers getting coke and hooker parties courtesy of defense contractors a few months back).

Just avoid some of his other "works".

I read Starship Troopers when I was in the Navy. Why you ask? Because it was on the Navy's reading list at the time. Seriously. While I was reading it, I remember thinking (multiple times), "Why don't we have a government like this already???"

A common misconception with Starship Troopers is that citizenship was only available through military service. According to the book, other forms of federal service also qualified. The important qualifier is SERVICE.

Communities originally arose from small groups of humans near/around natural resources. In order to enjoy the benefits of the group (protection, shared labor, mates, etc.), you had to CONTRIBUTE. If you didn't, you had no place in the community (think the story about the chicken that bakes bread and none of the other animals help).

As a veteran, I can attest to the fact that people would appreciate citizenship and all the trappings that would go with it (voting, education, jobs, etc.) if they had to serve first. Citizens of this type of society would also be less inclined to vote for frivolous wars, since they would know first-hand what military service and war is like. It is also worth noting (much to the author's credit), that in Starship Troopers one did not become a citizen until AFTER their military service ended (to avoid a military-run dictatorship, which is usually a bad idea).

Anyways, just my two-cents.

/thread

>ctrl f
>forever war
>no results

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forever_War

At the end of 20th century, national governments of the world collapsed due to the failure of "unlimited democracies", civil unrest and social workers and child psychologists, a "pre-scientific pseudo-professional class", banning corporal punishment, resulting in crime reaching endemic proportions.

Illegal activity which took place all around the world, including in Russia and in the United Kingdom, brought down the North American Republic. In 1987, the resulting Russo-Anglo-American alliance became engaged in a war with the Chinese Hegemony. Shortly before the war's end, the "Revolt of the Scientists" tried to create a utopia through a coup d'état but soon failed.

The war ended in 2130 with the humiliating Treaty of New Delhi, which made large concessions to the Hegemony. This treaty freed prisoners captured by the Russo-Anglo-American Alliance, but left 65,000 civilians (Japanese, Filipino and Russian) and two divisions of British Paratroopers (sentenced for political crimes) in Chinese incarceration, leaving them escape as the only way to freedom. The loss of the war (or rather, a negotiated peace on extremely unfavorable terms, somewhat like the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I) left the West and Russia on the brink of anarchy.

After the collapse of national governments, a group of veterans in Aberdeen, Scotland, formed a vigilante group to stop rioting and looting. They hanged a few people (including two veterans) and decided to only allow veterans to join their committee due to a mistrust of politicians. This contingency plan became routine after a couple of generations, and this group of vigilantes originated the Terran Federation. It is expressly stated that this was never intended to be a coup d'état and was more comparable to the Russian Revolution: one system collapsed on its own and another rose to fill its place.

You read the Navy's recommended reading list too? Ha! I put that shit on my eval!

I am fairly sure it has been on that reading list since it was first printed.

The movie didn't intend to portray heroism in s positive light anyway, I don't know how much good it would have done to focus on it.
Yes, there was plenty of personal heroism in it, but the movie itself portrayed the propaganda as glorifying death and brainwashing idiots for a meatgrinder.
Compare how in the book applicants are actively discouraged from enlisting. The recruitment sergeant even tells them to their faces he's there to be a spectacle and "discourage them from being idiots".

Agreed. It probably only worked on overeducated idiots who studied cinema in college.

It is also noteworthy that, unlike our current military system in the U.S. (which people must qualify to enter), entry into the military in Starship Troopers was a RIGHT. However, if you washed out, you didn't get a second chance at military service or citizenship....it was gone forever.

I think Heinlein was a navy man, so that makes sense

That was the only book off the reading list that I read. I read it because it blew my mind that it was on there, so I had to check out why it would possibly be on the list.

>propaganda as glorifying death and brainwashing idiots for a meatgrinder.

It also portrayed a whole city being wiped out indiscriminately as the motivation for that military action.

When I say a common enemy, I mean one that poses an immediate existential threat. Something that we can actually put a face on and demonize.

>We don't even have a planetary defense against meteors

Meteors aren't good enough. For one, we already have agencies monitoring space constantly to plot the paths of anything coming to close to Earth, and even though shit does pass pretty close to us in a relative sense, we've never been in any actual danger. Plus, you can't actually hate a random flying piece of space debris. You need something, like the bugs, to blame for firing the meteor at us.

> It probably only worked on overeducated idiots who studied cinema in college.

Like the RLM guys... Funny thing that.

Thanks for that post. My grand-dad was a Navy Commander in WWII I asked him about the war and he just said "It wasn't fun" also that he fought a German sub and then met the captain of the u-boat at a party after the war was over.

I read the Caine Mutainy, which was very good. But then I subjected myself to Ender's Game. What garbage.

I need to join the navy, but i'm 31, out of shape, and only have 64 college credits. I'd join the terran federation in a heartbeat, but i fear that our military leaves too much to be desired in many aspects, mostly lack of discipline.

heinlein was a little TOO redpilled if ya knawmsayn

> unlimited democracies
> civil unrest and social workers and child psychologists
Antifa?

Buenos Aires was also obliterated in the book.

the movie
>redpilled because it unapologetically shows a militaristic and patriotic society of explorers and warriors as the heroes of the story in a fun bite sized action flick hitting all the sjw quotas so peoples heads dont explode (black officers, female quarterbacks, etc.)

the book
>redpilled because it show you HOW that society functions and it derides our current societies weakness, stagnation, and impotance

"Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before"
-- Larry Reeves

We were never in battle, but we used to talk all the time about what our chances of survival were if hit by a torpedo or missile.

If you want a great book about submarine espionage during the Cold War, check out Blind Man's Bluff. There is a story in there kind of like your granddad's story, when the Cold War thawed and our admirals met the Soviet admirals and actually got to talk. It's a good read.

Also, the service included more than military service.
You could go terraform a hostile planet or clear nuclear waste on pluto

You didn't like Ender's Game? I thought it was great. I refused to see the film though because I knew it would be garbage.

user. It sounds like you're making excuses.
Hit the gym, go back to school, and then go enlist. You'll get the discipline you need, don't you worry.

>We don't even have a planetary defense against meteors.

Because idiots would rather focus on pie in the sky like space colonies instead of a few cheap telescopes and gravity tractors.

Is starship troopers really redpilled? It's been awhile since I read it, but don't all the straight white people essentially get sent to a concentration camp while all the multiracial lgbbq ebonics talking people run society?

I bet if you asked the director / screenwriter he'll say some shit like people say today about muslims.
> hurrr we shouldn't have bombed them to begin with

> Well I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all

Basically what Heinlein would do in his books is to explore revolutionary ideas that catapulted social norms.

So his "big three" important novels were:
Starship Troopers:
>What can be considered his right wing "fascist" novel. Basically about a militaristic future government where only those who've completed a term of Federal Service get a vote.
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
>His "libertarian" novel. About a rebellion on the Moon and a society of free market libertarians fighting against the heavily socialist planetary governments.
Stranger in a Strange Land
>His left wing "communist" novel. About a man raised by Martian telepaths who returns to Earth to figure out the ins and outs of society. Is shocked and disgusted by what he finds, tries to teach them a better way to live.

Most of his novels have certain tropes. For example, a very strong assertive female figure, who is allegedly based on his wife. Very loose sexual morays; some of his novels even depict normalizing sex with children, with family members, with friends. Heinlein seems to consider sex to be something like a sneeze, an uncontrollable reflex that should be dealt with, rather than repressed. And finally self-reliance of the individual.

Heinlein's novels are not some obscure thing, they defined an entire generation. His novel "Stranger in a Strange land" was one of the catalysts for the hippie movement in the 60's. His novel "the Moon is a Harsh Mistress" popularized the very famous phrase TANSTAAFL. His novel "Starship Troopers" is required reading in the US military.

Even though many of his ideas are downright degenerate or crazy, he's still worth reading

Pretty sure it was not. His dad joins the MI later in the book.

31's not too old, practically speaking?

Then he wrote Stranger in a Strange Land just to throw everyone off

True story. There is this idealized notion of what the military is like (promoted mainly by Hollywood), and the reality of being in it is nothing like what people think. Add to that the politically correctness and other bullshit that has seeped in from the civilian world, and you end up with many pussies, crybabies, and ass-kissers. I'm convinced that this is because we haven't had to actually fight for anything in a long time.....I'm talking a major war where our actual survival as a military and a nation is at stake. All that superfluous shit tends to disappear when people are actually at risk of losing their lives.

>cucks on MY Sup Forums wanting to unite with niggers

We all know (((democracy))) was a mistake, so how about Starship Troopers but for white nations only?

See: African population boom of the 21st century.

>redpilled
>filling sjw quotas

Oh, I couldn't stand it. I hated the writing, and the overall plot. When I read it (6 years ago) I just remember the author writing at the level of an edgy high schooler trying to be deep and clever. Perhaps bumptious defines it best. To me, it lacked real depth and intelligent writing.

That said, it is still an experience like no other, and at least you will have the pride of knowing that you earned whatever benefits you receive. I'm glad I served and got out at a time when veterans are treated well. It is unbelievable to me how this country treated vets during Vietnam and thereafter. Hopefully we never return to those days.

>Heinlein seems to consider sex to be something like a sneeze, an uncontrollable reflex that should be dealt with, rather than repressed.
2'bh that coed shower scene in the movie always gets me off

I guess it has been a while since I read it as well. I think the ending was well-done and powerful. It made me think of how we let fear limit our responses and actions instead of doing what needs to be done. I think, to a certain extent at least, the older we get the more hampered and cloistered we get by our own history and experiences. In certain respects, children see the world much more clearly than adults.

>I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill'em all!

Oh, I don't remember. I thought it was, but I'm probably wrong.
But no, 31 isn't too old. I knew a ton of people in their 30's who were just joining. Not to sound like a pedo, but age is just a number. As long as you keep going and are dedicated, who cares? I've known people who have gone to medical school in their 50's

Verhoeven always knows exactly what he's doing. If you haven't seen it yet, check out Flesh+Blood (1985). Absolut kino.

There was no coed showering or berthing in the book. That was all Hollywood. Females lived in an entirely separate section of the ships (they were only allowed in the Navy) which the entrance to, if memory serves, was guarded.

How do (you) say "underrated" in Polskie?

>also, read this fucking book, you ugly, uneducated niggers

What's the most sexually degenerate of his books? You know, for research purposes.

Bro. You're conversing with a nigger right now... Well half, but by sight you wouldn't know the difference. We're not all retarded savages. That's kinda Heinlen's point isn't it? Anybody, be they niggers, spics, mudslimes, pajeets, chinks, or huehues, can contribute to society, and if they prove that they can, they should be allowed the franchise.

The useless ones who actually are subhuman can be ruled over by the rest of us.

Why did you bring up college credits? You can enlist with no college. Now, if you are trying to go officer, that is a different story. You better have a real degree though....something STEM. I served with a guy who had a B.A. in History and he was enlisted just like me because they wouldn't accept him to OCS with his degree.

I don't know. I think Starship Troopers is the only one of his books I've read so far, and it didn't seem sexually degenerate to me at all.

Yeah they drove the ships. They figured "It's space, what could they possibly hit?"

Thanks for posting, based user.
Check'd and Kek'd.

Damn. You really got something out of it. I'm impressed. Perhaps if I reread it I would find something, but I'm too cautious after my first encounter with it.
There are always those books that stick with us, and I know that one that stuck with me was Siddartha by Hermann Hesse. I thought that book was very good and very enlightened