Jordan Peterson is a hack

fair play for standing up against sjws as a professor I guess. But the philosophy this guy spews out is boring and his voice is annoying

I haven't heard him say one interesting thing. I'm convinced all the people on his crotch are severely low iq

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RLUgZhLJCHk?t=2103
youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Brazeau
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you perhaps autistic?

It's his insight into human interaction that makes him worth listening to.
>People who reach different conclusions are ACTUALLY DIFFERENT

I can let so much water slide off my back now, or just reformulate my arguments once I get a feeling for the other person's personality.

Admit you have low iq. Everything this guy says is shit normal people already know. I've glossed over a good proportion of his talks and haven't found a single interesting statement by him. This is philosophy for people with low iq there's no other way to put it

You sure are obsessed with IQ. Got rejected from Mensa or something recently?

then maybe return to r/elchapotraphouse ok?

he has some serious dick riders too. Idont get it, people in the comments of his videos are acting like there's gonna be statues built for him in the future

But 90% of the shit he says sounds like it was lifted directly from a reddddddit post

Tfw too advanced for Peterson

I would suck his dick so hard his chest would cave-in

>The biggest inherent issue with modern western civilization isn't the loss of identity and attachment to your shared history that teaches morals and values
>Everyone knows this as they fuck 10 partners a week, sniff cocaine, wonder aimlessly through life and work jobs they hate till they die or commit suicide.
You are another bad shill. Speaking of low IQ your inability to see past your insecurities about the issues he talks about is a good sign of low IQ. You project your insecurities about the way petersons talks about your life that you lash out in the gayest way possible, posting about him here. Also the vast majority of people are average IQ of what 100? The vast majority of people are average and need guidance, your inability to see that again shows a lack of high IQ.

You just have too low IQ to understand him.

You haven't made a single argument against his philosophy presented through his lectures.

Sort yourself out, bucko.

Also nice reddit spacing, go back there.

stfu bruce

True, he's a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. I haven't heard him say anything interesting.

This thread is full of butthurt Lampwicks

>being this defensive over reddddit tier philosophy

I bet you thought you were so intelligent until you saw this thread and got put in your place

There's nothing to get like I said earlier everything he speaks about is just normal shit every body knows. There's nothing profound or even remotely interesting about the points he makes

Why you jelly bro?

maybe stop cooking off your brain cells in the desert like a fucking abbo retard and you'll understand the things he says you mongoloid greasy haired cunt

fuck off with your low IQ posts

>t. 16 year old edgelord

DONT YOU DARE ATTACK MY INTERNET DAD

It's all just nothing. I wouldn't even care if people weren't talking it up. But they act like he's rene descrates or something. It's really embarassing

>I haven't really listened to much or at least bothered to listen critically about what hes said. I've watched a couple videos and since I have an already hostile view of life and what's been happening that I automatically assume someone that isn't spouting my kike induced delusions and violence isn't trying to help in a good constructive way.
FTFY

t. Butthurt sam harris fanboy

He's not inventing new philosophies, he's reminding us what's already there. It's the way he draws connections and parallels between established ideas that make him important. I guess OP can't grasp that.

not an argument, hide thread

This

Nah he just really isn't interesting. This shouldn't offend you

I said your low IQ because you can't see the use of his philosophy for the vast majority of people that need guidance, if that's "getting put in your place" keep to not refuting the argument.

You space like you're from reddit also. Go back there.

>thinks "glossed over" means "perused"
>"Admit you have low iq."

You don't know what any of the words you're using means.

kek OP, there's nihil sub sole novum, the reason why he became popular is because he is the academic that dared to tell the left-wingers to fuck off

found the dumb dumbs

I like him, but the amount of dick-riding that he gets online is a little much. Everything he's said about religion, Nassim Taleb has said years before. Everything about post-modernism is philosophy 101.

He seems like a decent guy, but I've listened to a few of his lectures and podcasts, but really don't get the hype

The ability to see anything other than oneself is narcissism, but that's not what this thread is, it's shilling.

People like Peterson pose a huge threat to progressive politics because they're well spoken. It's impossible to call him a bigot (at least for now) and that is the only fucking weapon they have.

Really nigga? You really knew all the shit he is telling?
You read Piaget, Nietzsche and Mircea Eliade? And forget you - is the average low iq normie as you say even aware of those ideas?

Dumdum*

>hurr durr he boring!
>herp derp i dun understand so he must be the one stoopy!

Bet your dad was an Abo, or an Emu. Would explain the attention span and the IQ.

This is honestly what I think it is. People pretend he's saying interesting and profound shit because he aligns with their political views.

He may as well be saying nothing to me, it's that uninteresting. I wouldn't even care usually but people don't stop dick riding him. Read through the comments on his videos and people are acting like he's saying ground breaking stuff

They must have low iq

They don't have a low IQ, it's just confirmation bias.

Bit like Milo Yinnopolous and Lauren Southern and the like, very entry level and basic. Not saying anything new or ground-breaking, but people like hearing what they agree with from someone of at least somewhat significance

can't blame his followers, those people literally hear this stuff for the first time in their lives. it's like someone coming in and smashing all the walls people made to delude themselves

I think he's so popular because he serves as a surrogate father for a lot of young men. All that "clean your room", "sort yourself out" shit they should have been taught or figured out for themselves by now.

They're still in the stage where daddy is perfect, and everything he says is gold. They'll turn on him once they realize sorting yourself out requires much more work than watching youtube videos.

>People like Peterson pose a huge threat to progressive politics

muh sjws. nobody gives a fuck about sjws anymore mate. how can you threaten something that's had the gun out pointed at its own head

Some good old fashioned australian shitposting going on here. While his sudden fame may be annoying his lectures are pretty good and enlightening, and definitely a much needed positive message.

JP is also a massive rip-off of Joseph Campbell's work.

youtu.be/RLUgZhLJCHk?t=2103

your stupid opinion has been noted

> Everything he's said about religion, Nassim Taleb has said years before

And what he says about the archetypes was said by James Joyce before but that's not the point nigger. How many people on Youtube are actually making videos about the ideas of Jung and Piaget? It's more likely for people to listen to a video about Jung than read his books. I believe he deserves the face because he has elevated the level of discussion online. When have you last heard normies unironically talk about the Osiris/Isis myth and Jungian archetypes online?

He says nothing special and uses common sense. If anything people praising him, shows us in what a state the world is. Common sense is not common anymore, it's treated like something that is extra ordinary.

>Everything this guy says is shit normal people already know
It's true.

Not a day goes by that I don't hear people arguing that transcendent morality exists and is built within us, as observed in children, as they are capable to engage in complex social behavior without being able to model/conceptualize rationally.

No, wait, you're just throwing an autistic tantrum.

>Admit you have low iq.
>I really need to feel superior to you
>Admit it, my butt hurts

I like Peterson, not because he is original or ground-breaking, but because he has disseminated useful ideas of various philosophers and religions that have the potential to help people like myself. The people that "worship" him (and you are right that many do) aren't all stupid, just blinded by their own desire to feel whole. Peterson is a man who genuinely cares about others well-being. That is rare these days. He is definitely not a "hack".

He triggers liberals you delusional aussie fuck. If that's not enough for you to not support him then you can fuck off

its the originial ideas man

only post that matters

>When have you last heard normies unironically talk about the Osiris/Isis myth and Jungian archetypes online?

college? I haven't seen people at work talk about him

as long as he makes retards like you angry, he's ok

Nobody is claiming he's original, nor should he be. He's not reinventing the wheel, he's explaining things to people that have been lost from the cultural conversation.

>m-m-m-muh common sense
It's one thing to take common sense claims and take them as axioms, and it's another to formulate your claims and arguments in a manner that can withstand the intellectual attacks of nihilism.

>learning is boring
>his voice isn't double chocolate velvet like my big black diversity teacher
melbourne detected

You really want to say you talked mythology and Jung in college? Cuz I never did - and I got through 2 majors.

Because you've already been exposed to the ideas he is trying to convey to the masses, do you think the majority of people have any idea what really happened in Europe during the world wars? Nawh, all they hear is Holocaust, Hitler and Cold war,

Kudos to this man for trying to educate a generation of retards on how batshit insane things like political correctness can be, and the violence it can lead to, its not his fault no one wants to open their eyes to the shit going on around them.

Anyone claiming he's not an orginal philosopher have not seen his Maps of Meaning lecture series.

This is a shit argument, however, he is part kike, and his rhetoric is being used against people if they dont think you can vote to stop white genocide, used by braindead lemmings to cant argue on their own, and definitely cant argue against something using his rehashed arguments, when he himself has never talked about white genocide, or viable ways of stopping it.

The whole "Youre ideologically possessed!" stuff works great if its some retarded commie sjw larper, but when you actually see cultural marxism, and who controls society, and how the parties are all the same, and how there is no path which has been chosen for us that is viable.. that you realize we need to get off the beaten path and start improvising.

Again, you will never vote to stop white genocide, and regardless of the flavor of white nationalism you choose, youre going to need to realize that. We couldnt vote for a far right party if we wanted to, even Trump relied on spics and niggers thinking he was good for them, and a bunch of handouts to women etc.

This
He's dialectic not dogmatic

the shit he says about communism is probably the only useful thing he talks about it because a lot of people really don't know about that side of ww2

The hype on Sup Forums comes from the metaphysics of Pepe, and from a video he did where he put a hat of a frog on saying that people always think he sounds like Kermit.
Memesters took it over from there.

>It's takes another
It takes nothing but not being a complete retard who's able to find logical conclusion and make coherent statements. Something you would expect from every University professor. I don't expect snow mongrels to understand anything, you are probably still amazed about the existence of lighters.

We talked about Joseph Campbell in college, and everyone who's taken an intro psychology course, in high school, has talked about Jung
I think everyone on Sup Forums should have at least be that knowledgeable. But Sup Forums nuthugs him

Dude watches too many movies and TV shows. His projection of meaningful philosophical insights into escapism movies like the Lion King is just pandering to your typical directionless 90s kid. Add to that a dash of anti-sjw and there you have pol's new daddy.

Can't wait for him to teach me about the dominance hierarchies in K-On!

>I don't expect snow mongrels to understand anything, you are probably still amazed about the existence of lighters

Hahahahhahaah Peterson fan boys btfo

i think you mean they both """ripped off""" C.G. Jung

Cool story, bro. Have you ever even been to a debate?

I didn't think so, Achmed.

That may be true. Also remember there's way more people in the world that haven't heard those ideas and I'm pretty sure at least some of the stuff in Maps of Meaning or the Personality course was new to you.

Lion King is just more kike subversion for kids.

>t. messy room

there are a lot of people that are closer to Sup Forums that are more interesting; Moldbug, Jason Jorjani, etc.

Hell you could just play an old school RPG like Phantasy Star II and would learn more philosophical insights; namely that we should not become lethargic lest our civilization crumbles due to complacency and invaders.

No seriously, that was the fucking moral of the story in PSII, The people were becoming lazy and putting all their faith on a giant computer system which starts to go awry at the start of the game: Monsters start appearing, crops start dying out, and so on.

Turns out the computer was put in place by the invaders (Earthlings) to begin with to make them weak so they could seize control of Motavia: Palma gets destroyed during the game's story.

Why is IQ so important? All IQ does is show how stupid niggers are. I'm glad you at least agree that IQ shows how dumb niggers are.

all those ad hominems

milk for babies, meat for grown men. idk why you should criticize a man whos doing good work for your cause, when you cant name s.o. better to take his place and have no reason whatsoever to attack an "ally". thats just typical depressive /pol negativity.

boring eh, well sorry that you feel that way aboot it friend, eh

I asked my two buddies that have masters from University of Washington and they don't even know who/what those are.

no he's actually very good
he's made points I've not heard elsewhere
he takes it right down to the root
could even go further
WWIII mass genocide now

ok ahmed, has your gf suddenly got her first period and it's haram to rape her now?

This thread is about criticizing his fanatics and not himself. I agree with him.

He doesn't get challenged well very often. He's benefited from his opponents being almost universally crazy leftists who can't even out think Sargon of Akkad level people let alone someone like Peterson.

A lot of what he says is very good, although the best of what he says isn't new. I'm talking about the stuff about the evils of tyrannical dictatorships, value of honesty, the positive impact the Christian ethos had on the advancement of science early on, etc. A lot of Christian historians and philosophers have argued these points for years but I suppose Peterson is seen as more credible since he seems to be an atheist/agnostic ally with less skin in that particular game, so less bias.

Where I think he's weakest is how he defines truth and his psycho-analytic approach to religion. On the former, I'm not sure he's really articulated his position well so that might be part of the problem but on the latter there's really no way to falsify his narratives on religion so while he makes an interesting case for it there's not much to go on. Can't really go back in time and see if his theory on how those stories developed is any more accurate than any other interpretation.

Furthermore, I have my doubts people would willingly devote themselves to stories that are only true in an abstract sense rather than being actually real, especially when most of those stories are presented as being literally true in scripture. I get his intent, he is afraid of where society is going to go if religion is abandoned completely but I doubt his approach to reviving it has any chance of working. It's not persuasive enough.

>True, he's a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. I haven't heard him say anything interesting.

>I haven't heard him say anything interesting

You won't listen to a person with an opposing viewpoint if you do not want to change.

Peterson unknowingly tapped into the 'I'm an atheist but wish I could go to a church and believe in religion' niche. I've seen a lot of comments like that over the years. He has offered a reasonable option for people like that to larp religion. I say larp because it isn't really religion since it denies any divine interaction. But it's the best an atheist can hope for so I don't say it in a negative sense.

the quintessential 'junk food generation' philosopher

Lmao you think you're some kind of genius but your argument is the same as some half-braindead Sup Forums poster: "IT'S REDDIT"

>He doesn't get challenged well very often. He's benefited from his opponents being almost universally crazy leftists who can't even out think Sargon of Akkad level people let alone someone like Peterson.

He was at a hearing last week where he was challenged by multiple senators over bill C-16.

youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo

To be fair, those senators were all retards.

That's not the kind of challenge I'm talking about.

I'd like to see an intelligent Christian philosopher, not Ken Ham, challenge him, for one. I'd like to see smarter atheists than Sam Harris challenge him as well. I'd like to see how those conversations would shake out. No personality, no attitude, just examinations to see how it all stacks up.

I find it ironic how much legitimately religious people like Peterson when if his ideas took off it could very well replace Christianity with what would be something of an intellectual retrovirus writing out divinity and replacing it with evo psych.

I'm not taking sides here. Feel like I need to make that disclaimer since there are so many binary thinkers who think not supporting someone outright equals opposing them. I lean favorably towards Peterson if anything.

Canadian senators are appointed, not elected. Most of them are cronies or minority hires, and are completely retarded.

>His views are discredited because I can't process it without becoming bored and I am so autistic that I can't stand listening to other people speak

Take your pills and go night night forever

Example:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Brazeau

Read the controversy section. Only reason this guy was appointed is because he's native.

I like Peterson too.
We'll have to look at who's available. Molymeme is the first to come to mind courtesy of his popularity, but he never debates his guests.

>buy lobsters
>train them to clean your room

> an intelligent Christian philosopher

Can't see things that don't exist

He is the millenials guru.

They are so infantalized that evry of his words is like an enlightenment to them.

>when you worship IQ but have an exceedingly average IQ

neat story tho

he's highly intelligent and insightful and he's able to communicate his insight well. he understands why people behave the way they do

but he can be autistic about certain things, like his whole pointless "truth" argument

>who is Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Reading is not one of your hobbies I guess which is suprisingly unsurprising.