Nasa

Rockets are shit you can't even land them. No one will ever explore relatively safe in space until you get a fighter type jet in space with steroided engines. A rocket can't land it's designed to explode thus the people inside it explode.

/sci/

Also jets don't work in the vacuum of space.

First of all, you realize we have more than one board right?
This thread belongs on Second of all, easy space travel will lead to the death of all life. Slamming an asteroid or a space ship into a planet at near-lightspeed would end all life on the surface. Easy space travel would result in easy space terrorism

That's because that's just a shuttle used to dock at the ISS

This post was so retarded and stupid it almost gave me a stroke.

Forget /sci/ get a rope and hang yourself we have too many idiots on the planet anyway you won't be missed.

Rockets do though? Please explain to me all the experiments you've done on flying a jet through space.

Alright go ahead and read wikipedia and explain to my why I'm wrong or some shit. Fucking idiot.

Fire requires three things to happen:
1) Fuel
2) Oxidizer
3) Heat

A rocket has two tanks. A oxidizer and a fuel. Typically, it's liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, kerosene and liquid oxygen, or some other chemicals like nitrogen tetroxide and hydrazine. We'll say kerolox.

A rocket flying through air burns liquid oxygen and kerosene together in a chamber, and the hot expanding gases generate thrust out the opening in the back (nozzle)

A rocket flying through space also burns liquid oxygen and kerosene in a chamber, and the hot expanding gases generate more thrust because there's a larger pressure differential now.

Now let's talk about jets. Jets draw from a single tank of kerosene.

A jet flying through air burns fuel in a chamber with the very high airflow through it, and this expansion of gas generates thrust.

A jet flying through space... burns fuel with what? What air in space?

Dude you got any more sweet pics like that?

Just go on the reddit that OP came from

Blatantly untrue and ignorant retarde science by obviously uneducated goy. Saged and reported.

this is some of the dumbest shit ive had the misfortune of reading

You're 12 kinds of stupid; the rocket is transport for the lander and similar related vessels. The rocket is essentially just the engine

Jets need oxygen to fly

Thank goodness private company have already started developing rockets that can be re used and landed

Confirmed trolling; this is more blatant that flat earthers

Hopefully I'll be working on these in the next few years

>EE for lyfe

NASA is a front. Everything they had done odds a hoax.

>Can't land or reuse rockets

Tell that to SpaceX faggot

>some idiot drew this thinking there would be small mountains in Florida

SpaceX gets me so fucking hard

They also thought mountains grow like weeds around things.

How could you make this kind of post and not know that SpaceX recently landed a rocket? But to some extent i do agree with you. We need jets that can go into space.