Should Richmond remove its Confederate monuments?

So, tumblr wants help for the Yes to win, maybe some around here could wel... "help" them

richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/poll-should-richmond-remove-its-confederate-monuments/poll_70452265-9c50-587f-886e-10bcb46dd990.html

Other urls found in this thread:

law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title15.2/chapter18/section15.2-1812/
youtu.be/XYMIsogzoMQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Voted, have a bump friendo

Richmond is fucking filth so I really don't care but them fucking with Lee in Cville got me pissed.

Heading there this weekend to express my displeasure.

Voted, based mexi-bro

>a black town

so entire towns are now black only? racist..

Voted

Surprised NO is winning even without our help.

Bumping with battle of New Market LARPing from last weekend.

Fuck this shit, let them focus on their statues while their children are getting blown up, abducted and raped

>50.1% were Black or African American, 39.1% White, 2.3% Asian, 0.3% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 3.6% of some other race and 1.8% of two or more races. 6.3% were Hispanic or Latino

It's black enough that I would never live there

>removing not just Lee, but Stonewall Jackson too
Disgusting, Stonewall Jackson is a respected hero even in WV, where the people left the Confederacy. Destroying historical monuments is degenerate.

Yes, why shouldn't have monuments for traitors of the Union.

How is it living in Richmond?

My Scouts learning old fashion candy making

i cant fucking vote

I live in Mount Jackson, VA.
Don't go to Richmond.
Ever.

What browser? I'm using Firefox and I've been having issues, too.

In florida i'd go to shit like this all the time was pretty fucking cool. Watched the battle as well was pretty neat. I'm in Virginia beach now place is a shithole.

Richmond was the capital of the Confederate states. They must stand.

>Richmond Times Dispatch
>very conservative

This city is 50% black and ugly as shit in most areas, monument avenue with the nice civil war statues are one of the few pleasant areas to wall or jog
with all of the white hipster art majors flooding VCU I wonder why there aren't more people objecting to such a proposal purely on the aesthetic harm it will cause
on the upside is the try to remove the statues I get a front row seat to a happening

both chrome and firefox aren't working for me

Yeah, that over 50% black population is a pretty big red flag when it comes to Richmond. I'm from New Orleans so I don't plan to go back into shit like that kek.

fucking phone posting god damn

Yeah. Going to ODU made me racist. Seriously.

This is another step down the road of Communist hell, they're trying to erase your culture. Fight burgers, fight with all your might.

A "No" vote and a bump. Poll closes at 11:59 EST Memorial Day.

The civil meme. Bump

Is this about Monument Avenue? Those are going fucking nowhere, they're as safe as Stone Mountain. This is pure click-bait.

I am about to go to ODU is it really that bad? I'm hoping there are a lot of online classes I can take or am I gonna have to deal with a fuckload of niggers constantly?

Good find OP. Have a bump.

Voted

I voted. American history, good or bad, should be preserved. Destroying things like this is beyond degenerate. Trying to erase or hide history opens the doors to even worse shit.

I wonder if they sell the statues, Sup Forums could buy one and find someone with private property right on the side of the highway to display it so everyone has to look at it when they leave or enter the city. This old guy in Nashville flew a giant confederate flag on his property right next to the highway, people complained so much but nothing they could do about it.

>Hi, can I get a replica of the confederate uniform in XXXL?

I boated No.

>we did it Reddit

Diabetes is part of southern culture, how dare you! if you don't have the beetus you aren't a true son of the south

Voted and bumped.

FUCK

THAT

SHIT

Richmond is a crime-ridden hellhole that's been taken over by animals (think basically a slower Camp of the Saints) but despite those scumbags' best efforts, it still has some small pockets of history and culture. I refuse to let those last pieces of American beauty and tradition be erased by militant egalitarians and heirs to the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. These monuments are just about the only public and unavoidable representations of strength and value and identity and MEANING that city has got.

We have the same situation here in VA. Huge confederate flag on the side of I-95 near Fredericksburg. Love it

Back in 2k-2k3 the campus was surrounded by the ghetto. Was robbed like once a month for almost 2yrs straight. Decent school though, just don't walk around. Lived on little creek and Military as well which was a shithole as well

normies who read richmond.com probably like real history more than social justice meddling.

Bump, thanks Mexico

Yeah fuck this, I went to VCU for four years and monument ave almost made dealing with everyone worth it. That street is fucking beautiful and needs to be preserved. Everyday I think about how the leftists swarmed Virginia like locusts and ruined the damn place, it's absolutely enraging

What's the hairy cap in that image?

Bump this shit!

Just went and voted 'no'

Tell the fat lesbian tumblrinas to fuck off.

Voted NO, also Bump

JUST, newfag, JUST

> just fuck my shit up
I love this state so much but it hurts that 3 relatively small areas dictate our political view.

voted and bumped

NO because law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title15.2/chapter18/section15.2-1812/

It is illegal to remove or otherwise interfere with a war memorial once erected.

holy shit newfag, fucking lurk more goddamn

Fuck you. Vote no. Niggers need to remember where they came from.

Union qts were cool as fuck btw. Said they normally are confederate but being in the south didn't since they're from MA.

>just
Danke.

I've actually been on Sup Forums since 2009, but I'm not a consistent user.

I like how it has to explains the Confederacy as
>aka the side that defended slavery

Simple history for simple minds

Voted yes. We don't deserve those monuments anymore. Once we completely uncuck ourselves, we can put them back up.

It ain't the best maymay tbqh

It's the official hairstyle of Virginia nowadays

I like to tell people over here in bongland about Virginia is because I love the commonwealth so much, but then I just get bummed when I think about how much it's changed in the past decade alone. I'll usually end up telling people that the Virginia I moved away from was not the Virginia I grew up in. Shit hurts man

You just contributed to further cucking, you tard.

Bittesehr.

Richmond CITY is small and full of niggers but just 5 miles out from the center of town is nothing but white suburbia.

RVA is NOT a black town, we just aren't stupid enough to live around the monkeys in the middle of the city. But even the city is pushing more and more nigs out into other areas because all of their houses inevitably get foreclosed and we buy them up.

I love this city and I would be surprised if they removed the statues. It's a huge tourism draw and people in this city and surrounding areas would beat the shit out of these liberal ass holes.

It's still the way you remember in more places than not. We just have less illegals/Niggers and therefore less votes..

>crime ridden shithole

It's not really though. Stay out of nigger neighborhood #1, #2 and #3 and it's great.

Legit question: why is this thread more popular than the earlier thread? Just chance, or was it presented in a better fashion?

voted and D.C. user here. I enjoy going out to the historic sites. Also check this vid of some jew lady in Richmond . Find this lady. youtu.be/XYMIsogzoMQ

Everyone home from school of course :^)

Bump from a midlothian bro

I grew up in Yorktown so I felt fortunate to get the whole historical experience, but even that started changing by the time I moved to Richmond for undergrad. I still love the place don't get me wrong, I just get discouraged when I see all the shit nova brings the state and how a lot of people there weren't even born in VA. Why do these cunts feel like they can commandeer the state and try to turn it into New England lite

The worst part about it all are the other Dixie states who say va isn't southern but aren't self aware enough to realize North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida are all heading down the same path

Just happened to see this one

They were posted about 20 minutes apart, must have been a pretty crucial 20 minutes.

Is there a Sup Forums mechanic where OP can't bump his own thread? Because I tried to bump that one a few times and it's not working.

>Robert E. Lee was a racist
He was defending his home state from inevitable union invasion and was in favor of maintenance of the status quo (not seceding from the United States) regardless of the consequences.

>Stonewall Jackson was a racist
pic related

How the fuck are these Orwellian SJWs keeping pace with us? Their vote has increased almost as much as our vote since these threads were created.

THEY'RE CATCHING UP!

Get those facts out of here, fascist, IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.

Bump VOTE NO

>even niggers are voting no to remove this bullshit

My Stonewall Jackson high school has voted every year to change the name/mascot. Beginning in the early 90s when I was there and up until a few years ago it was always a unanimous NO. Fuck they got rid of the cannons shots at handegg games shortly into 2k.

Shit is changing.

You can self bump I think

Sometimes it's just luck of the draw my man. I didn't get a single reply to my thread today :(

At least you're getting (You)s

you need to go vote, i just back it's very close

:(
For (you)

Why are Leftists so obsessed with race and ethnicity?

I just care about getting the information out there and I'm therefore glad that this thread is more successful that mine. I figured I'd ask so I could make better threads in the future.

Here are some (You)s, sorry about your thread friendo.

What needs to be removed are communists/ leftists/ democrats. That what really doesn't have a place in America.

This. Without monument avenue, it's just a mass of bland concrete buildings interspersed with negroes and degenerates.

I'm a recent transplant to the area and was told that as long as you stick to the west side you should be fine. So far it's been working out for me. Even found a couple of nice /tg/ stores.

I'm sorry to hear that man, it just makes me sad knowing future kids won't have experiences like that because muh oppression. Luckily my gf is from Texas and redpilled to a degree so if shit keeps getting worse after we move back I'll be heading off to the lone star state. It should hold out for another few years if all goes well

I am going to guess is the tumblr rage factor, but otherwise, no idea. I wasn't expecting it to be this popular either.
I am glad it took off to, since the difference in the poll keeps getting thinner

>black town
yeah, and while we're at it no more black history month in white towns

I'm out fellows. Remember the Old Dominion! And pray for the New.

I didn't know they did American Civil War reenactments in Australia.

> tellyfags btfo

Is there anywhere else we should be posting this?

West end is fine, but NoVA light basically.

In the city, certain packets of Church Hill are fine, same with Forest Hill and Manchester. Most the fan is fine, museum district, Carytown and Jackson Ward fine too. Stay away from Northside, downtown (other than a few bars in Shockoe Bottom), Randolph and most everything north of Broad Street.

Don't even venture into anything that has Court in the name. They are literal projects and murder central (Gilpin Court. Mosbey Court). Fulton is death too.

VCU campus is fine too, just don't be an idiot at night.

Shit not Jackson Ward I meant Scott's Addition.

Jackson Ward is a shit hole.

(((THEY))) ARE CLOSING THE GAP