For any former liberals out there, what made you become conservative?

For any former liberals out there, what made you become conservative?
Were you persuaded by external sources?
Did you slowly come to this realization on your own?
Were you instantly shocked out of liberal ideals by a traumatic event?

>For any former liberals out there, what made you become conservative?
I'm a former conservative who is now carefully examining liberal policies

>Were you persuaded by external sources?
I was a moderate conservative for 2 decades, and I bristled at some of the extremeness of the party. It was the party that left me.

>Did you slowly come to this realization on your own?
Absolutely. In fact. my friends started calling me a "liberal" to prevent my defection, but I realized that we need adult solutions for our problems, not fake news and false blaming.

>Were you instantly shocked out of liberal ideals by a traumatic event?
The election of Trump and all the Kremlin dick-sucking was the moment I realized I had to change my party status.

Race and IQ. You can't know this and defend the immigration policies liberals defend.

Not much.

Yes

No, it was gradual. I was a let-wing social democrat for 4 or 5 years, then became a centrist, then I started to oppose big government. I believe in traditional family values and that immigration should be way more restricted.

I got interested in donald trump when he told all the politicians that he gave money to all of them in the primary debates. So I started browsing the_donald as a joke and after a while I realized I started ageeing with everything they were saying

LOL first comment is shit. MUH! RUSSIANS!

Well I liked the left for LGBT because it implied the right to be alone and I am a cuck. Then the transphobia/gamergate thing happened.

i'm still liberal, just not a leftist

High school friends became edgy communists, was too much cringe and made me slowly drift to the right

I wouldn't describe myself as a liberal any more, but I definitely wouldn't describe myself as a conservative

The messiah: Andrew Breitbart

how can you by definition stay "progressive"? If gay marriage is now a standard, and you don't want it to change, then your view on that issue is conservative. anyone who wants to change the new established standard for marriage would be a new progressive.

Damn. I never thought id get to post a Jill 'no refunds' Stein meme ever again.

She kept a lot of damn money from that 'voting irregularity recount' scam she pulled

Russia?

I used to support the refugees until the mass-rape of Cologne happened, now I want to drop frag grenades on those rapey mudslimes

1) Understanding Economics
2) Reading History
3) Contemplating Ethics
4) Appreciating Science

I consider myself a Progressive though.

this sounds like it was written by a shillbot. These things are getting clever now, they write posts as if their real people. its getting harder and harder to tell these things apart from the real deal.

>mass-rape of Cologne
>happened
Pick one and one only.

I use to be an atheist and a super liberal I wasn't a nu male but was pretty beta. I dated a really liberal girl for 4 years I was naïve about race women Jews you name it. long story short she cheated on me with a Nu Male. In the wake of the break up I looked in the mirror and I was disgusted with who I became. Fast forward 4 years to now and I'm the exact opposite of what I was.

I donated to Bernie Sanders. Came to Sup Forums to convince Trumpfags to switch sides, was exposed to information that I had literally never seen before. I live in a liberal city and have never met a republican in real life. If you're republican in this city you are ostracized, fired, or run out of business until you leave for another one. Reddit becoming a propoganda site for the left very well might single handedly win them the culture war because it's now literally impossible for people who live in cities like I do to EVER see a republican viewpoint. Unless reddit is fixed we have lost the cultural civil war.

Reply to me if you're real

At least you have some common sense

So you're a faggot now?

Sage

>not happening
please fuck off

Seattle by any chance?

Stoked you're making progress user. Some ppl never wake up. It's sad really

Nope lol I guess I should have worded that better. I'm actually dating a traditional catholic girl. She's really sweet and we talk about starting a family and having lots of kids she's great.

I became a conservative because conservative chicks are fucking HOT!

Left chicks are fucking gross.

Fuck that kike

I am still somewhat liberal but I am being forced to make my views more moderate to distance myself from the crazy regressive left. It is amazing that the party which claims to fight racism and sexism pushes racism and sexism so much.

Reddit is for stupidfags

Dating an atheist liberal chick didn't help. anytime I had any thoughts that were against the narrative she would give me shit keep in mind I didn't have any balls then and I pretty much did whatever she wanted me too because I was afraid to lose her. Also she hated kids and had me believing abortion was okay. I was stupid

flooding your country with immigrants just to have their population reproduce and then flooding in more + giving them money for it, is so obviously a pointless thing to do that it makes you wonder - why?

Good for you user!

I Voted for Bernie, then Trump. When Bernie lost, and the Wikileaks came out that showed that he had been cheated. He basically said and did nothing about the leaks, then cucked out and kissed the queens ring. I was done with the left, I realized that they had no values or principles that they stood on.

This was only later solidified for me when I saw the unholy alliance that the left had made with Islam, the left started championing and fetishizing the hijab as a symbol of feminist. I found this utterly disgusting and disgraceful towards western women. Then I started talking to my friends about this and they would call me islamophobic and right winged. It then realized how terrible the left is, everyone is brainwashed, their Democrats will jump right off the cliff with the party even if it means it will destroy them.

Islam is evil! it will destroy western values and America, it is worse then Nazisam, and they have a fucking Army called ISIS! None of them can see this, all they can say is "you're racist for speaking out, Russia hacked the election". Leftist are so thick minded they can't think for themselves, even when it endangers the very democratic liberal values they claim to uphold and represent.

There was a point at which the line I had to comply with to stay "not a bigot" passed over me. Once you're on the wrong side of the line, it broke the spell and I realized that most of the left's arguments are held together with faith and logical fallacies. Which was roughly when I realized they were trying to leave nothing in their shitty wake for the next generation.

>what made you conservative
Experience with reality showed that centralized government can fix a few problems, but creates far more than it solves. (One of the reasons I was originally a lefty.) Also, I saw firsthand how degeneracy ruins life, and how hedonism is vacuous.

>were you persuaded by external sources
on a few topics, e.g. I became pro-gun because of listening to the arguments from both sides, whereas I used to be for gun control. Most topics I had to figure out for myself.

Yes, I went through a transition time, where I knew there were fundamental problems with the left, but couldn't make the plunge all at once. And once you see that enough of conservatism is better than the alternative, you can accept the relatively few weak points.

Nope.

I'm still liberal, but fuck this anti-white identity politics shit. I won't be voting for any Democrat any time soon, unless it's Tulsi Gabbard. She encompasses everything I liked about Trump and Bernie, without being a pussy like Bernie or a moron like Trump.

im still Liberal or Progressive or Classical Liberal, i honestly dont know what term to use anymore in normal conversation.

but Bernie Sanders and Jill Steins run for president crystalized how completely morally bankrupt Democrats and the Regressive Left are. the republican party and its horde of hypocritical conservatives have always been bad at hiding their corruption. the behavior of the DNC, their history that i became more aware of, and recent voting record of supposed progressive democrats like Corey Booker has killed the democratic party in my mind. the republicans and democrats need to be thrown into the dustbin of history.

I feel my motives and goals are to pure and pragmatic for the current political climate.
ive been banned from unofficial Bernie and Jill Stein groups for wanting to find common ground with republican/trump voters, since i dont lump Voters and Elected officials into the same pile. my desire for free speech and not wanting to Otherize people with different opinions made me their enemy.

so im certainly not becoming conservative, but my approach to leftist goals as isolated me from all sides.
sucks when you reject the usefulness of teams while everyone else is a Tribal Monkey throwing shit everywhere.

it's all thanks to a lifetime of dealing with elitist liberal hipsters
the official turning point waswhen they started openly supporting transgenders and it became clear their beliefs were entirely superficial

Trump.
I dislike bible thumping and pearl clutching, but I'm so grateful to finally have an anti-globalist in there.

Only reason I was liberal was my only frame of reference was Bush 2 administration starting bullshit wars and being corrupt. It took until Snowden leaks to realize both parties are the same, and there really is a power structure of global finance that superceeds the government. It's weird watching friends I though shared my values of equality before law march in step with federal government once their team gets power

Also feminism is cancer. Liberals cannot fuckinh thing straight anymore

I think the answer is probably the same for most conservatives, since youth tend towards liberalism and shift to conservative with age. It's the cold hard reality that realizing schoolmates at higher education are stupid and will have a degree of equal value. Then working and seeing lazy, worthless slobs believing they are entitled to more pay just because they are alive. And then the incentives of working harder and earning more and leaving them behind. Voila. Conservative.

I'm not, really.

If you mean what made me abandon them; they proved to be even dirtier and malicious (with disingenuous intention) than their opposition.

There's no such thing as a former liberal.

Being liberal is the cure of the conservative illness.

Always was a liberation, but bought into MSM bullshit about Trump. Knew Bernie hated Capitalism so I was leaning towards Hillary. Voted for Johnson, was scared when Trump won. Listened the Joe Rogan Jordan Peterson podcast and from that point on I've been super red pill and have joined the fight against, Islam extremist, extreme cuck lefties, Fem Nazis, and spoiled SJW college kids.!

I was pretty fucking liberal in my university days. Didn't buy into communism or anything, but definitely left.

When I finished uni I joined the police service. Saw how things work in real life.

I was persuaded by society and the fuckwits that inhabit it.

It was a slow process, it didn't happen overnight, some big events helped.

As above.

K... KEEP ME POSTED

i voted for bill clinton two times. i thought he was the young hip president when i was in college. then 9/11 happened. i was living in portland, oregon and there was so much anti republican backlash after the iraq invasion. but you know, i always thought democrats were pussys when it came to national defense. so i stuck with the right from then on.

I'm a biologist. Getting redpill on hypergamy was easy. Then you question everything. Race realism happens soon after. Anyone who believes in the beauty and efficacy of the natural selection is going to end up a Traditionalist eventually. Systems that develope over thousands of years pick up benefits the creatures don't even intend them to have.

At this point I'm exploring Paganism. I think it's probably the best religion for whites because it evolved to suit the temperaments and flaws of white people. Even with Christianity's history in Europe, it hasn't had time to adjust enough, and you tell because it's exactly the parts developed to compensate for middle eastern attitudes that chafe westerners.

Looks like shill confirmed

portland here. i too am a stranger in a strange land...

I'm still classically liberal, but I don't vote for the dems.
>what made you become conservative?
well what made me hatee the left was
>mah white male
especially at the work place when diversity and women hires got moved up undeservingly.
I really really really can't stand
>don't judge people by their race
>stupid white males, am i rite?
especially when I bent over backwards in my teen years to be super accommodating, inherited guilt isn't a real thing and is retarded government policy .
cuckservies aren't better though, because thy are such huge tools of the koch borthers and the like.

What happened to her lol she fell off with dem shekels JILL STEIN 2020 BAN ALL ANIME

It was a bit of both external sources and coming to realization on my own. If you don't have the latter, no matter what kind of external sources, people can shout at you until they are blue in the face and it wouldn't move you. I would say it was a slow and gradual shift, no one event but a series of events ranging from MSM lies, to Muslim terrorist attacks, to blatant propaganda. It also required some information digging of my own to supplement what I've been seeing and hearing.

liberal in the united states is some kind of horror movie starring marx, frankfurt school, gramsci, benjamin walter, all the retards who took paris 1968 too seriously and a bunch more. Liberal in England and continental europe is jewish and globalist libertarianism so you understand all the concepts, child.

The liberals started hating white people.

I have become more moderate . I dont care if gays want to get married. Fuck I dont even care if we get immigrants as long as they are legal and have gone through the vetting process that everyone else goes through. What really makes my fucking blood boil are these libtwats who have decided gays dont matter anymore because they identify as 15 different things and need more rights....the only thing im pretty conservative about is our fiscal stuff and how we allocate funds to different areas. aka cut the fuck out of everything we can to save guap

At a certain point saying the same thing over and over again starts to become a problem.If everyone is saying the same thing I need to know where it came from. Liberals also talked about feelings and the history of their group.

I was already self-conscious so it wasn't hard to figure out why certain things happened and why people believed it. I started thinking conservatives had more justifiable reasons for believing what they did and that's when things started going downhill (or uphill). Because I put faith in Liberals not acting out irrationally and individuality, they decided to throw all responsibility out the window and focus on vanity. I couldn't understand why people who were popular kept doing things that were wrong or illegal for example.

Then liberals attacked the gaming community and gave false testimony to the masses and it pissed me off further when media forced it's own views on the rest when conservatives were scolded for doing anything close to it.

I'm a centrist now, not conservative yet. Don't think I will be because I'm not part of any culture anymore. But I cannot be a liberal if liberals repeatedly show cognitive dissonance and lack of responsibility.

Basically after Trump won I decided I should be more open to ideas and listen to the people I don't agree with. Didn't take long to realize how autistic my previous views were.

hole dollar for this one huh?

> a aboriginal
> Have been told all my life "I iz a victim"
> Everything is a pity party with work and education
>Get a business degree , get red pills on aboriginal people . See how corrupt and puppeted the aboriginal community is for left wing bullshit.
>Start to analyse other "aboriginals" over seas and start to connect the same dots with lefty bullshit.

I hate being aboriginal and I hate Social fucktard warriors and all lefties. Joining the Army now fuck the "victim mentality". I'm Australian and not apart of that shitty fucked place.

I was probably going to vote for Bernie

then I watched molymeme's untruth about trump and it totally swayed me

never voting democrat again, never being pro-immigration again, definitely never being pro-free shit again

I became red pilled mainly because of the girls
I don't understand why
But Trump girls are just more attractive
They vote against their best interests
Which makes them dumb
But that sorta explains it in a way
Hot girls are usually pretty dumb
Anyway, women for HRC
Ewww
Vomit inducing
I couldn't get far enough away from them
I wish Trump would round them up
Send them off to a camp or something
No, not a concentration camp
Like, a fat camp
Good lord liberal women are ugly

Always a classical liberal, although I was poorly educated even there but accepted general suppositions
Was being led by friends bottom left green square mom I wanted to bang
Then went to college and moved here after Sup Forums was unnuked and found Sowell and then it was all over, ending up at Peterson

the american liberal narrative (today, and liberal in the american sense) dominates the western world today. The biggest newspaper from Brazil, folha de são paulo, is pretty much a new york times with local news.
I used to laugh when people from Sup Forums said that we are dominated by jewish overlords.

After the Jewish media pushed Ferguson so hard I became an unashamed racist and antisemite. I've come to realize that my people and my culture are under constant attack and all the attacks are coming from Jews or Jewish proxies.

Whipping the niggers into a frenzy with lies was just plain fucking evil.

I was surprised it even got this far but once the theory of "jews control everything" was brought it made me that there was no other way liberalism spread so fast around the world if there wasn't one group doing so.

I dont know man women seem to be voting against their interest voting for Hillary

I grew up believing in the conservative party more than the liberal party, became more liberal when the conservative party seemed more corrupt (during the HW Bush administration), then swung more to the right again when the social justice movement and feminist dishonesty proved (surprisingly) more radical than Tea Party nitwits. I'd be more interested in green if they had their shit together, but they don't so I'll stick to red for now.

If I take that question at face value, yes.

It was not a realization of my support as much as a revelation of their abject corruption. The lesser of the evil became the greater evil.

No. They ran me down very gradually. Got old being told over and over again that being male made me privileged and evil, that I am wrong for identifying a person with a penis as a male, all by morons with clown hair, thick glasses, and tattoos barking me down from their safe spaces like brats from under their mother's skirts.

>I was a moderate conservative for 2 decades, and I bristled at some of the extremeness of the party.

In other words, you were always a semen-drinking liberal cuckold that was never interested on conserving anything, lest you lose face against far-left SJW degenerates.

>liberalism spread so fast around the world

Will shareblue ever leave us alone?

I was never ordinary liberal and I'm not typical conservative either.

The thing that got me further to the right was however the hypocrisy of left wing, especially regarding mudslimes, but also other things.

I'm in for fact based decision making, so clinical retards like gun grabbers or all those disgusting trannies are not very appealing to me. I think you can extrapolate my point over other issues.

I still consider myself liberal, however I also now consider myself racist, in the sense that I acknowledge psychological differences between the racists. I was just convinced by statistics and twin studies, honestly. The more I read, the more it seemed to me that equality was an obsolete myth.

Elaborate on the religion tuned to racial qualities thesis.

the military
the government is cancer and filled with incompetence, we need less of it

Well like, abortion
They're voting against their option
No get out of pregnancy free card anymore
And health care
When they do have to keep the baby
They're gonna have to pay a lot more
Because the free Obama care is gone now
This is totally working against their best interests
But that's cool
I go where the hot girls go
I'm totally red pillin' it for the ladies

I didn't change, what it means to be left of centre and right of centre changed

I am pro-gay civil unions but anti-trans/SJW/degeneracy

Back in 2000 that made me left of centre, but that has changed

I believe in protecting borders, but letting immigrants who have something of value to add (money/expertise)....everyone else is not coming in. Back in the day that was a centrist position....today that is a far right position

Never a "liberal" but I voted for the Left Party in 2009 EU elections and for the Social Democrats in general election 2011. I was always patriotic and against mass immigration, but I thought I could combine that with more left-wing views. But I couldn't, the political climate really polarized here in 2011 after the "far-right" won bigly. After that I've denounced most of my former economic left view too. Now I think the people I voted for earlier should be thrown off from helicopters.

If I have to pick one, which Sowell book should I read?

Barack Obama

I want to fuck Dr. Jill Stein.

The "privilege" debate was what drove a wedge between myself and the social justice crowd. I believe there's a lot of nuance to what constitutes it.

Obama's foreign policy - the road to Syrian intervention resembling the road to Iraq, and the utter lies / obscured truth by the media about Libya - pushed me away from the Democratic party.

Obama's rigging of the healthcare system to the benefit of big business under the guise of wanting universal healthcare settled once and for all that politics is a stage play.

Chomsky and Dan Carlin were my first real redpills about the deep state.

So, as a wayward left-libertarian, I began entertaining other points of view. Stumbled across a really compelling debate about the role of leftism in destroying black America economically, and picked up a couple books by Thomas Sowell at the bookstore.

Sowell, Stefan Molyneux, and Darryl Cooper have effectively guided me from far left to right, but I haven't taken the plunge to the extremes.

>Wanting wrinkly, old, loose puss

kek is weird sometimes.

Bengali American here.

I was all for liberalism and socialism, since that was the only thing they taught in school.

But years and years of dealing with niggers both in school and in my fathers business taught me that maybe something was up. Then I started reading about their stats on education and crime. I also started reading a lot of libertarian articles around this time, after wondering why communism never worked (I was lead to these articles by discussions I was following online).

Years later I've completely stopped giving a shit about progressive values and I want to see every government institution they rely on dismantled. It's not like my family ever fucking benefited from these institutions and I'm tired of having to pussyfoot around not giving them service because they are absolutely awful to do business with.

I was so deep into the left wing brand in my school politics, I couldn't see all the hypocrisy they had. I've always had centrist views, but since I was getting my sources from Reddit and main stream media and shunning alternative media because it is thought of "fake news" in Toronto, it was hard to get an actual perspective that wasn't demonized about the opposing view.
I finally started lifting and somehow found ZYZZ and that lead me to /fit/ and re-exprience the Sup Forums culture(posted in Sup Forums in 10-11).
Browsing /fit/ and /sci/, Sup Forums is seen as a crazy racist board, which it is, but it holds a lot of truth as well.

It's very simple you don't even have to be him user.

In the early years Christianity was extremely pacifist, the spread your ass cheeks for Germanic cock kind of pacifist. Fast forward few hundred years and you've had clergy blessing their troops before the battle of Poitiers. Another few hundred years and you've had crusades.

The pacifism was - a semitic thing - subversive, like the whole religion. Like liberalism today it aimed on taking over the underclass and "changing" things from bottom-up. Good example for this is reincarnation - dropped in 7th century(I think) in favour of more Western ideal of being judged for your past deeds and going to either heaven(Elysium) or hell(Tartarus). Even early Christianity borrowed from Stoicism(another typically western thing) whole the time and this influence was forever visible in its doctrine, whether it's protestant, orthodox or catholic.

Now let's pick Islam and Judaism. Both are structured so muslim and jew can do basically everything. In Talmud you have numerous conflicting statements by jewish scholars. In Islam scholars still actively find new interpretations for quaran(see the recent process of that Indonesian politician who said that muslims aren't obliged by faith to vote for another muslims - he's now in jail for blasphemy). The difference between them is that Judaism offers some limited number of interpretations(contained in Talmud) which indicates influence western culture or genetic material had on jews and Islam doesn't have any limits. This suits perfectly to lying, deceiving minds of semites.

Good for you user

I went to mizzou

I am still a registered Dem, though I switched teams maybe 5 years ago. Basically got tired of hearing how awful I am because white male.

She's so sexy and cute!

I used to be poor as shit. My computer in 2008 was a broken laptop hooked up to a CRT monitor and an external keyboard.

I worked my ass off, studied hard in college, spent all my nights studying while friends and classmates were out partying, and all my hard work was rewarded when I landed a job offer for 100k + 125k signing bonus for the day after I graduated. Today I make 250k just 5 years out of my bachelor's degree.

I saw how you reap exactly what you sow. I had no connections, and I wasn't some kind of genius-- I just worked hard and it payed off in spades.

And then I saw those same friends and classmates who didn't work hard at all complaining they can't find jobs and 8 years after the recession they're still blaming bankers and CEOs for all their woes. It's like, maybe if you didn't get a D average in college and major in fine art history you'd have a fucking job? All my faggot "friends" ended up being Bernie supporters, railing against the "evil" rich and demanding the successful pay more in taxes so the poor can continue to fuck around and get free gibs.

I already pay 70k in combined federal and state income taxes. I thought, why the fuck should I be paying more to subsidize some slacker's lifestyle? I earned every cent I have, nothing was ever handed to me. I became a fiscal conservative first, after I realized that liberals quite frankly want to punish success and reward laziness. Soon after I became a social conservative as well, when I realized the bulk of the rewarded laziness were immigrants and generally non-whites.

>conservatives
>on pol
???

I stay registered Dem and vote for the shittest choice of candidate possible in primaries to do my part for the right

They didn't vote against their own interests. Unless they were abortion loving sjws

The Gyro was correct. Cologne didn't result in mass RAPES. It was mass sexual harassment (forceful groping, forceful kissing, holding women down), and I believe somewhere around 1-3 rapes.

Still very bad. But gotta be accurate.

No one is immigrating to Brazil, you fucking monkey eater.

First I got redpilled on feminists
Then I got redpilled on SJWs
Then I realized I could no longer support the Democratic Party
Then I "realized" that the democrats are the real racists (squeak)
Then I came to Sup Forums
At last I truly see

i just realised they're all full of shit, and i was lying to myself by doing mental gymnastics trying to convince myself i agree with them. afterall, they want everyone to be themselves, so i'm being myself