I think I am just going to become a Mormon?

I think I am just going to become a Mormon?

>smart, highly motivated women leading meaningful lives that want to have lots of kids
>chaste, non-degenerate & conservative dating culture
>anti-abortion, contraception, pre-marital sex, drugs & alcohol
>epic temples all over the world
>overwhelmingly Republican
>the religion is literally just to live the American Dream as hard as possible

Utah is also one of the best states by almost every metric
>overflowing with money, fully modern, futuristic even
>rated best state to live in by Gallup
>extremely white and Mormon (largest minority is 2% Asians)
>even if the West falls, and it's looking more like it will every day, Utah will be going strong because Mormons' work ethic is extremely strong

What do you think? Pic related, vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=7Jbx0L42Z_U

Reminder that this is Brigham Young's son.

Uhh ok I don't see what's going on there. Is he a tranny? Point?

You need to be either stupid or delusional to believe many of the things mormonism teaches.

Hey Canada bro. Utah fucking sucks. Just go to Idaho, it's pretty much Canada just with less nice people, more racism, and no Health care.

It's not hard to believe something socially if you're in a group and all your friends believe it too. I agree it's completely retarded on the surface. But it's just a book. It's like the placebo effect. If you believe it the benefits are real and true.

Why does Utah suck? Idaho sounds good based on that though
>no health care
Government run health care literally destroyed the Canadian way of life... I was just thinking about this

>Why does Utah suck?
I don't know, but they have the fifth highest suicide rate in the country. There's something going on there.

sage. mormons are not christians, though they claim to be. they worship the dollar. that is not real america, that's democrats.

Oh god, I hope you're joking. Joe Smith was a pedophile, married a 14 year old girl. Also was a scam artist pretending he could find treasure by sticking his head in a hat. Have you ever seen what happens in those temples? Cult shit.

Have fun with no drinking, no cursing, no R rated movies, no caffeine, no going out on Sundays, wearing stupid fucking underwear, feeling bad for "immoral thoughts", 3 hours of church every week, giving 10 percent of your income to the church, and being judged by everybody for everything.

At least read the CES Letter before you get baptized like the dumbass you are.

>Fuck. Honestly I can't really argue with that, seems pretty true. Just seems like the way of life is so good and appealing...

Are Mormons killing themselves despite their sunny exterior?

I'm ok with you doing that and will defend to the death your right to do it.

> Gas->Kikes
> Race->War

>no drinking
I already basically don't drink
>no cursing
Ok that one will be really hard
>no R rated movies
Don't care
>No caffeine
That's healthy and caffeine dries out your skin and makes you look older
>No going out on Sundays
Family time & church. That's just a Christian thing
>Underwear
Whatever
>Feeling bad for immoral thoughts
We should feel bad for immoral thoughts
>3 hours of church & 10% of income
Creates a sense of commitment and investment. Seems like if you want the good life offered by the church you have to pay. Makes sense.
>Being judged by everybody for everything
I already am judgmental and try to be as perfect as possible. I honestly think it's a good fit
>Read CES letter
Will do. Thx user

Mormons are delusional enough to believe that prescription drugs aren't as bad as the real thing. As long as it's not tobacco, alcohol, or weed God accepts you, right? You'll find plenty of addicts in the church popping scripts acting like nothing is wrong because the doctor gave them to you. Utah has a ridiculous problem with opioid addiction, it's actually stunning.

Have they told you about how you get your own planet if you're a good enough boy? Only if your a dude though. Once you die you can become a god and get your own world and have a whole bunch of spiritual wives and make spirit babies (they still practice polygamy in the afterlife, but they surely told you this, right?)

>opiates
Opiates are fun, if Mormons are allowed to do them because doctors prescribes them that makes sense. I don't feel guilty when I do drugs prescribed by doctors, I just don't. I actually have 30 pills of hydromorphone in my closet that I've been saving that I was prescribed. I won't feel bad doing them

>planets
That's pretty awesome. Polygamy is awesome. What is bad here? Seems like win-win-win

More seriously, the marriage "seal" concept in Mormon literally just results in one of the lowest divorce rates of any demographic. That's literally a good thing. That's what people should want

My god, you're a fucking dolt.

Whatever, have fun wasting your time on earth on that vapid, shallow church. Come talk to me in 20 years about how fulfilled you are.

Honestly, please read the CES letter. There are mounds of evidence against the Book of Mormon and their leaders. Native Americans aren't ancient Jews, horses were not in the Americas during the first millennium, there were no golden plates.

Like c'mon, you're smarter than this. You can live a healthy, conservative, American life without prescribing to this cult. Take it as somebody who was born into it and made it out. Please.

>get your own planet of space bitches

And this is you persuading us AGAINST mormonism, correct?

lol it sounds pretty awesome but what I'm saying is imagine actually believing this shit.

Fuck off, we're full, Elder user.

>Whatever, have fun wasting your time on earth on that vapid, shallow church. Come talk to me in 20 years about how fulfilled you are.

I think of life happiness as being composed of four categories: family/relationships, community, religious faith, & vocation/causes. Mormons score high points in all these categories by the look of it. If I have to stop contemplating French existentialist literature, so be it. Small loss?

none of it is literally real user, that's not the point. The overwhelming majority of human beings are too unintelligent to have original thoughts, if their head is going to be filled with nigger worship and leftism anyway, better to replace it with something that fosters a sense of community, civic cohesion, and a shitload of white babies. It sounds silly? Who cares, we've seen religions that sacrificed 40,000 children in one month and literally pulled their fingernails off before killing them because their god didn't want them if they weren't crying.

Call your dad right now and apologize, maybe you'll still be allowed to have a moon

I mean I see what you're getting at it I think the Mormon church is toxic and the culture itself is bland. Nothing geniuine about the whole thing.

There's better ways to spend your time and money. You can still have a ton of white kids without being Mormon, what's stopping you?

Believe in what you want to believe in, but just realize that Mormonism isn't just another religion, it's a completely different lifestyle and I don't think anybody in this thread realizes that. :/

also thanks user, that actually made me laugh

Ok so for instance I am a very creative and intellectual person and am always contemplating theology, history, etc. As a Mormon would that creativity be suppressed?

I am prepared to believe the BoM. I don't care. I actually think the narrative Mormon that Christianity in Europe was "held down by "kingcraft and priestcraft" until it was unleashed by the Prophet Joseph Smith is plausible. I'm not convinced that if a missionary was selling me hard I would be able to say definitively that I didn't believe it. It's trippy how it works but self-hypnosis is real.

In what way are you contemplating theology? And as for history the only part that would conflict are the anachronisms that are in the BoM that I mentioned earlier + the belief that black people are black because they have the curse of Caine. But then again, this Sup Forums so that might be a plus for you.

Well for example, currently I am interested in why mainline Protestant theology has liberalized and essentially fallen apart, and everywhere that practised it transformed into a liberal social democratic welfare state, but conservative Evangelical Protestantism is still actually alive and even growing and therefore still conservative, remaining the heart and soul of American purpose and the backbone of American civic life. DESU that example is more "religious studies" than theology but I am interested in studying Anglican divinity or theology at Oxford or something too. But I am still also really curious about Mormons and could see myself going in that direction.

I'll back user's point up. I only was a member until I was 8 years old. There's something insidious about Mormons I can't describe what it is but it does have lasting damage on your psyche. You'll end up a hollow shell of a person; talk to a missionary for more than 10 minutes - they a dopey and soulless. It's really disconcerting