BELGIUM HATE THREAD!

What the fucked happened to this place?
It has a really interesting history and it's pretty adorable that Flanders and Wallonia buddied up together to form a country.

All my normie Belgian friends are worse than fucking Germans when it comes to blandness/having absolute 0 national pride.
They're literally nothing it's fucking pathetic.

inb4 "muh nigel farage belgium isn't even a country"

Other urls found in this thread:

standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150427_01652606
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Revolution
nrc.nl/nieuws/2008/12/22/hoeveel-regeringen-heeft-belgie-a1481648
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governments_in_Belgium
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Houd uw muil

just fucking annex it already

> it's pretty adorable that Flanders and Wallonia buddied up together to form a country.
That's not at all what happened. Both Flanders (not to be confused with Flanders proper) and Wallonia were founded long after Belgium was formed.
>having absolute 0 national pride
No shit.

>Being proud of a country that isn't a country.
Ask them if they feel pride in being Flemish and if you still get the same indifferent response you should stop befriending airheaded bluepilled normies you cuck.
There's shitloads of Belgian nationalist youth and hardly any call themselves Belgian.

but what do they call themselves

Belgians are proud of their country, they're maybe not as patriotic as the US, but they still are. Also the chances of Belgium splitting are very small.

Walen buiten!

Flanders proper?
Educate me nederland desu

>Also the chances of Belgium splitting are very small.

Flanders is the entire Dutch speaking part of Belgium. But there are also 2 provinces called West-Flanders and East-Flanders. These combined with Antwerp, Limburg and Flemish Brabant form Flanders.

lass uns doch in Ruhe sterben

>inb4 "muh nigel farage belgium isn't even a country"
But it's not. Flanders and Wallonia buddie dup together to form a non-country.
They should split up into actual countries instead.

standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150427_01652606
The numbers don't lie.

No one in their right mind should be proud of a "country" whose capital is a Middle-Eastern shithole full of terrorists and at the same time houses the headquarters of everything EU-related.

arabs judging by demographics

>BELGIUM
>history

more belgian memeballs pls

I got you senpai

kek

it's actually quite interesting, and the painting of it is one of my favorites in european history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Revolution

keep em coming

have you learned about our 8 governments and 9 parliaments yet?

>inb4 "muh nigel farage belgium isn't even a country"
It's true though. Flanders is rightful dutch clay, Wallonia should be nuked.

ya, i also learned you didn't have a government for almost a fucking year once

There are disparate groups that speak different languages, so you have multiple groups with different interests being in one country. Imagine trying to form a government with a bunch of different political parties with strong ties to their tribe. So someone from the noorth might have stronger identity ties with being Flemish than being Belgian, and so forth.

You have the Flemish government, the Walloon government, the government for Brussels and the Federal government. What are the other four?

No, Belgium was only part of the Netherlands for 15 years.

nrc.nl/nieuws/2008/12/22/hoeveel-regeringen-heeft-belgie-a1481648

my dutch is shite atm help a homie out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governments_in_Belgium
There are actually six, two gevernments mentioned in the article are merged with the government in Brussels and have hardly any importance.

It's just an article on the state-structure of belgium.
>my dutch is shite atm
Are you planning on moving here?

maybe, actually. but seeing as your population is like 25% muslim i dunno. ive just always had an interest in the dutch language, been studying it for over a year. my dutch is so flemishy though because most of my dutch speaking friends are flemish :b

also im a polyglot

>tfw an American is correct about our national pride

It's absolutely true. Last soccer tournament was the best example of it. As soon as shit starts to go slightly south, the belgian people tend to disabandon its country.

Save us dutchbros

The population of muslims in Belgium is only 5-7%,in Brussels its 23% but in Flanders/Wallonia its 4%.

Belgium seems to be good at surrendering probably better than France

Belgium is a non-country

Flanders is my pride and joy and I would die before I let Germans, shitskins or anyone else occupy it

How's that for national pride, burger

ah, i just looked it up. it's 25% now in brussels, i was conflating shit

mooi

Actually Belgium never surrendered before, during ww1 as small part of Belgium remained unoccupied. And during ww2 the government fled to the UK, they never surrendered. The king collaborated with the Germans and was forced to abdicate after the war.

>Last football tournament was the best example of it.
Football fans are the worst.

Ok so they ran away that doesn't make it better