Consumerism drives economies

>Consumerism drives economies
>Middle Class disappearing more each year
>Student debt and shit wages is causing Millennial/Gen X to save their money
>World is already due for another recession
>Currently in a retail Apocalypse

How long can this last?
If nobody is buying shit then there's nothing to stimulate the economy which will further drive countries into the ground

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-22/visualizing-collapse-middle-class-20-major-us-cities
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Amazon Go will kill retailers. E-commerce is already taking over mall shopping.

Remember WALL-E? That's where we are heading upon

Could happen as soon as this fall, honestly. The central banks are doing their hardest to walk back the low interest rates that make the current equilibrium possible.

until producers can no longer move their factories to get their goods manufactured cheaper and the middle class in the 'first' world is completely wiped out and nobody can afford them

not much longer to both conditions

But its not really online shopping that's killing retailers its the fact that people don't have money to spend

>me sitting here comfortably watching bitcoin rise

Is that the mall from Commando?

Natural cycles.
Trees don't climb to the skies.
At some point, any system needs a collapse.

Keeping a system artificially working implies keeping privileges to the already privileged (reason why the middle class has disappeared).

The only thing would be to dismember Amazon.com. They are mostly to blame.

Waiting for the shoe to drop when Trump kills autism bux and snap. The poor spend all their money and food stamps. Walmart and grocery stores will go tits up pdq.

Are you retard? There are countries that doesn't have an amazon.com and the malls are decaying fast, bro. This ship is sinking.

>>Consumerism drives economies
Yep.

>>Middle Class disappearing more each year
Because they are joining the lower high class.

>>Student debt and shit wages is causing Millennial/Gen X to save their money
Yes and no. Studies have found Mill/GenX prefer spending their money on experiences instead of stuff so we're seeing a shift in what gets purchased.

>>World is already due for another recession
Meh. This depends on a variety of factors.

>>Currently in a retail Apocalypse
Because the online marketplace is destroying big box stores.

You're looking at this all wrong user.

>How long can this last?

Forever, we are transitioning to the post human society,

>Because they are joining the lower high class.

Some.
Most of them lower.
zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-22/visualizing-collapse-middle-class-20-major-us-cities

>But its not really online shopping that's killing retailers its the fact that people don't have money to spend

Well, that may be part of it but what killed malls in the US is crime: shoplifting, robbery, and violence. Regular folk don't want to go to places where they are going to be victimized by 'teens', and businesses can't survive if their customers stop showing up and their inventory keeps getting stolen.

>Because they are joining the lower high class.
Wealth inequality is surging while wages are still stagnate. 1% of the population owns almost 50% of the wealth
>Meh. This depends on a variety of factors.
Interest rates have been extremely low for so many years now and is keeping the economy on life support. If it goes up by as little as 4% then a massive shitstorm will ensue
>Because the online marketplace is destroying big box stores.
Online retail is still a small percentage of retail sales. 50 Million people are on food stamps in America, that should tell you the current state of the economy

>How long can this last?
its already over.

jews are panicking because people arent buying into their scams as much anymore.

fat asses will die long before wall-e happens.

nice slide thread shill
3rd mall thread today. is there something on the laptop?

>50 Million people are on food stamps in America

Not for long.

Economy based on consumerism can only work if the society has high morals.

> Just because there's a retail death spiral doesn't mean consumer spending is down - it just means that people aren't going to malls.

> Consumer spending isn't what makes an economy strong. Saving money and spending it on quality goods (cars that last 15 years vs. cars that last 3) is what makes it strong.

This.
We've got a modest shopping centre here, all sorts of retailers from clothes warehouses to supermarkets to snackbars and opticians, you name it.
Business was booming, and parking was free.
Then the city council decided it wanted a piece of the cake and instituted parking tariffs, €0,90 an hour.
Since then, business died and what was once an overloaded shopping centre lost 75% of its retailers.
Nobody wanted to have to pay for parking and keep an eagle eye on their ticket.

This will have cost them more in retail tax than the parking fees yield, and everyone's worse off as a consequence.

the second one is true.

Quick hand out money to random people! That'll fix it

But the cost of living is rising while decent paying jobs are decreasing
Stores like Walmart and Costco are prospering because they offer cheap alternatives.

Idk, the shopping mall by where I live is booming. It always has a ton of people in it all day and they just put up a new shopping center within the last year or two.

Sometimes I like to go out and enjoy the walk and food from the court or a restaurant and have the instant gratification of knowing I have the item I want.

But yeah, eventually it's going to be all online and will cause all malls to be irrelevant.

>assertion
pic related

So Sup Forums how are you going to survive the next great depression? I'm just gonna eat plants and live off my fat stores. Some fat fuck lived for an entire year off of vitamins and potassium pills.

Looks to me like people are wearing a lot more high ended designer clothing than in previous years.
Pic related