sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/05/24/california-farmworker-shortage/
farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=06000&progcode=totalfarm®ionname=California
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lets hire niggers to do it

Oh no! They might have to *gasp* raise wages

>farmers get my tax dollars in subsidies
>paying our workers min wage is outrageous
Fuck 'em, we can import our food

You should be capable of growing your own food and not be dependant on shitskins and hispanics doing it for you

WE NEED THOSE CARTHAGINIAN SLAVES!!! How will Rome survive!!!!

Oh shit! They might have to hire, dare I say it, LEGAL WORKERS!!!! *TRIGGERED*

>Fuck 'em, we can import our food
Don't be stupid

>winning

glad to see Trump's victory is working without a single brick being laid

Hire murican and charge 10 bucks per orange.

Oh no, our activated almonds might get a little more expensive.

nothing more than growing pains. how they didn't see this coming is beyond me.

id rather subsidize a farmer more than all the immigrants and their children if that's what it takes to bridge the gap

>mcdonalds workers should earn 15/hr
>but we need our cheap mexican labor
is the left the new slave owners?

>Hire Americans
>Pay minimum wage
or
>Allow automation
>Technology has been sitting on the shelf for decades

Absolutely no downside to sending these fuckers packing.
>Farmers
>fed-up
Cut off their subsidies too.

>liberals complaining about a corporate farms right to hire cheap slave labor
The ironing

I guess they never should have banned slavery

>new

They've always been the slavery party.

But that means rich liberals will be paying 5% extra on groceries!!! Get your priorities sorted.

Raise wages and improve working conditions, you cucks. That's how the market works, oh my fucking God.

>new

Niggers take 30 minute smoke breaks and work at a snail's pace while spending the majority of their shifts talking to each other or with their faces in their phones.

I would be willing to pay a few shekels more for fruit & veg if illegals weren't picking them.

>push for more illegal immigration so you can pay illegals almost nothing
>illegal immigration slows down with Trump
>you now have to be competitive with other business that are paying decent wages
>cry endlessly on twitter

>-opfag 127107434
They are going to come but they are going to come LEE-GALLY

Machines, fuckwit.

It's a problem, yes, but they'll adapt to the changes in a few years and things will be better than before.

Maybe they should pay their workers more.

>2017

California, a Democratic state, wants to secede, to keep their slaves.

What a time to live in.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MY ORANGES

Put all the poor homeless vets to work, or how about the black youths who desperately need a start in the workforce. I don't give a fuck about those farmers the fucking government will just buy up the land anyway and sell it to monsanto

Better start hiring,improving working conditions and get a new accountant.
I don't mind paying more for my food.

There's a beaner slave labor shortage maybe, but there's no labor shortage.

OH NO! Who will pick the grapes and almonds for rich white liberals now! So they can sell them overpriced to other rich white liberals. We've had mexican farm worker programs since the 1900s.
>They come LEGALLY
>Pick the fucking grapes
>Get paid
> Go back to mexico until next year.
Why do they have to live here?

Obviously work visas need to be increased as necessary for certain industries.

Anyone can see that.

But everyone must be here legally.
Our laws must be properly and fully enforced.
If the law causes severe issues with no better remedy, then they need to be rewritten/amended/repealed or expanded as necessary to allow proper commerce and the function of industry/society.

ACTUALLY IT'S A SHORTAGE OF PEOPLE NOT INCENTIVIZED TO STAY ON WELFARE YOU IGNORANT FAGGOT
CUT WELFARE AND THESE NIGGERS WILL BE FALLING OVER THEMSELVES FOR A FUCKING FARM JOB
IF YOU HAVE ABLED BODIED PEOPLE
NOT WORKING
AND YOU HAVE JOBS THAT NEED ABLE BODIED PEOPLE
AND THOSE FARMERS ARE GETTING FUCKING TAXED.... TO PAY PEOPLE _NOT TO WORK ON THEIR FUCKING FARMS_

THEN THAT IS THE PROBLEM OH SWEET JESUS PLEASE MODS TAKE PITY ON ME, GIVE ME THE IP OF THIS CRETIN PLEASE, I WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE AN ACCIDENT, I'LL JUST DISAPPEAR THE FAGGOT, I WILL HURT THEM SO BAD THOUGH, IT'LL QUENCH THIS RAGING FIRE OF HATRED I HAVE FOR OP
FUCK YOU OP
YOU CUNT
YOU DESERVE MORE PAIN THAN ALL THE PAINTINGS OF HELL IN THE WORLD THROUGHOUT HISTORY COULD MUSTER

Who's going to pick my avacados so I can put them on toast?

We all know the second civil war wasn't about slavery. It was about cost of groceries and the right to sanctuary cities

looks like their businesses weren't supported by the free market

Maybe they should invest in industrial produce/vegetables harvesting solutions and not poor disposable mexicans that they pay 2 dollars an hour.

checked
and real questions
Also trump said there will be seasonal visas
hello
goodbye
and fuck your anchor baby

ahhhhh those poor old white fucks exploiting illegals for slave labor are having a hard time because their slave labor is getting rounded up, too fucking bad hire Americans

Let's not be rational about this friend.

>Virginia Cotton Plantations Face Urgent Shortage Of Workers; Blame Crackdown On Slavery....

>Nobody wants to work for the offered wage
>Farmhand wages go up
>Everyone wins
How can I not like it?

Put unemployed in the fields.

Maybe farmers should stop ignoring labor laws and pay their employees a decent wage.

Nice numbers kiddo

Failed business plan based on paying immigrants..

oh well, someone will buy it when it fails then make it work

Why should the wages would go up if no one it's working and making profits?

The employers would lose money on both sides.

With food stamps being cut 25%, they wont be able to say no. You shouldn't carpet the bottom, but make it as bare as possible so no one wants to be sleeping on it

Bless, the liberals are losing their slave labour. Wouldn't be the first time the democrats lost their shit over slaves being freed.

>Obviously work visas need to be increased as necessary for certain industries.

No.

A large number of illegals are here due to overstaying work visas.

How else could Stephanie get her organic non-GMO avocados for $3 each now?!?! At this rate, she'd have to pay $5 or resort to disgusting cancer chakra disrupting GMO non-organic avocados!!!

>tell a whole generation of Americans they are above manual labor
>no one will work manual labor jobs
huh weird how that works. The construction industry here in CA is having this problem too. My uncles company can't find people to pay 20$ an hour to drive their boxvans and stuff.

>take unemployed burgers
>pay them standard wage

Wala, no immigrants needed

Thanks.
My quads don't lie brother.
I am here for the betterment of mankind.

Wages will rise to meet the demand

This is California we're talking about, they're practically baiting the chimps and mexiniggers considering there are plenty of commercial farmers in the Midwest who aren't Stone Age morons and know about the Industrial Revolution.
> using human labor to farm and complaining that a lack of workers is due to a crackdown on illegal immigrants
There's a lack of workers because the agricultural industry is mechanized and these shitstains in the land of opportunity decide to do it old-fashioned. What a crock of shit.

The Confederate States of America was run by Democrats

Then you go after them with a vengeance and heavy penalties before the boot vs. not doing anything at all.

I can't. I absolutely love paying employees $12/hr., and hiring illegals to take jobs away, and then paying subsidies to farms that can't produce. I hope it goes to 15 this year instead of later. Everyone DESERVES $30,000. We can do it cause ITS RIGHT.

You know what's FASCIST? LAWS. I HATE TWO SCOOPS SUNKIST STALIN. I HATE HIS EVIL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. MORE LIKE SS TROOPERS HAHAHAHAHAH

There, shitty enough for you? If you want a genuine opinion, I think that raising the minimum wage is what's forced these farmers to hire illegals. I think that farm subsidies are ridiculously handled, especially here in CA, and think that states shouldn't be able to enforce minimum wages, as CA's minimum wage will force the price of goods up throughout the nation (due to a lot of macroeconomics, essentially inflating every state around them and rippling from there). If farms can't ethically compete, we need to rework the environment so that they can, not punish them for trying to break even. I think everyone should get an amnesty (except the illegals), and we should move forward by trying to reduce the minimum wage back down, and work towards a deflationary cycle, or else we'll have a recession.

Why don't they just raise wages? "Farmers" don't need the ridiculous amounts of profits they make. They're practically modern day plantation owners.

We have a bunch of antique farm equipment in the south that you will kill for a job once you take them off welfare

Because you lose even more money letting your crops go unpicked in the field. If no one is willing to work for slave wages then you either raise the price on the little you manage to harvest or you raise what you're paying your workers to attract more workers.

>Why should the wages would go up if no one it's working and making profits?
Okay here's an economics lesson for you my slow peppery friend.
In macro theory we have an inverse relationship between aggregate supply and aggregate demand, this applies to labor as well as to goods. Now if the price of a good goes up (the AS curve shifts up) then people will be less willing to buy the more expensive product so the AD curve goes down to match and restore equilibrium. Now if supply of labor decreases and you need more demand for workers then the only way to meet the demand is to shift supply up and thereby the cost of workers.
So while goods may cost more the wages for workers will increase so the firm can meet labor demands because if they don't then they will lose even more money. However a problem with this lies with foreign trade and undercutting US domestic goods but tariffs can fix that if needed.

It would be cheaper

shit sucks, i know

>Pay workers a living wage!
>employers should have the right to illegally pay people slave wages!
Leftist logic

So, conservatives, does the law of supply and demand apply to labor, or not, or only when it gives your little fee-fees something to feel superior to?

You two seem to forget that farming it's heavily subsidized, they can report the loses and get a goverment check, no need to lose money raising your wages or hiring undesirables.

Maybe you you missed the
'Laws properly and fully enforced' bit.

Look here:
>charge those who knowingly employ illegals or cooperate in their over stays as felons, including business owners, executives, ceo's, sheriffs, police ciefs, city councilmen, etc, etc
>revoke business and other licensing/permits for multiple infractions
>birthright citizenship amended to only apply to the children of current citizens
>zero goverment services available to illegals (knowingly violation this would be a felony)
>all people paid by government funds (taxpayers) are mandatory reporters of illegals and those who aid/abet them
>overstating your visa results in permanent ban from US soil, returning is a felony punishable by labour camp
>make all countries agree to take back their citizens and their children without disagreement or full ban on immigration/visas from that country
>adjust visa allotments as necessary
Problem solved.

It's almost as if we'll have to find some way to incentivise farm labor and pay them a minimum wage. But apparently that would be governmental overreach. Better just open the borders and give out welfare.

Well it looks like you kikes will have to pay some niggers more than what they earn on welfare....

Morally indentured servitude and slavery are just wrong. No amount of rhetoric and economic theory changes that.

well, say thaks to the leftist wellfarestate wich has to be payed by employees, so they cannot affort normal workers ...

... u fucking leftard

>republican farmers
you're a moron

>they can report the loses and get a goverment check, no need to lose money raising your wages or hiring undesirables.
Do you think the government's role in agriculture subsidies is to cover their bottom line? If you as an individual cannot make enough money to pay your food/rent/insurance do you think the government will give you money to cover your expenses?

Never put all your eggs into one basket.

not an argument

Last time we did that we had a civil war afterwards.

They do for Wal-Mart, indirectly.

Shortage of workers after your slave labor was deported? Cali's minimum wage too high to hire a teenager? O yeah, lets stop deportations of people sapping massive amounts of gov benifits,thats the answer (pro tip: its not). Actual answer: abolish your minimum wage and let people work for the pay they choose to work for.

A lot of those complaining seem to be those operating grape farms where the grapes need to be picked by hand.

sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/05/24/california-farmworker-shortage/

>“If we can’t change the way we’re doing business, we’re at risk,” said Brad Goehring, a fourth-generation wine grape grower in Lodi.

They're bothered by how the state is wanting them to pay pickers overtime as well as raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, so it's basically a problem of just not paying enough.

Looks like it's time to put the unemployed that collect benefits to work.

Good, California needs to be cleansed of those freeloading parasites

By far the dumbest shit I've read this week

Do it faggot.

I see these retard lefty threads and they get shut down by common sense usually within the first 3 posts.

Who the fuck makes these threads?

farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=06000&progcode=totalfarm®ionname=California

Looks like they do.

SNAP isn't a conscious decision to keep walmart in the black

Well, guess they're going to have to raise their wages to attract workers won't they?

So the slave farms are finally getting their comeuppance. Sounds good.

I never got why they don't just use some machines to harvest that shit in california. Are the crops they produce just not conducive to farming equipment or something?

Guess they should hire americans then.

It's fucking California

Get someone to automate it

We do import from central america, its cheap as fuck and they use sewage to water crops.

I love it, can't wait for Democrats to force new wage laws on farmers.

I'm sure they'll make excuses.

Minimum wage shouldn't apply to jobs okay ed for 3rd world work visa labour.

Obviously not all things are equal and we shouldn't treat them as such.
Equality is a fanciful idea, not a reality.

slave labor is over? how terrible.