Ok Sup Forums, tell me if I'm a spoiled cunt

>21 years old
>my dad is a pretty well off guy, has been making $300,000 a year for the past 15 years
>my parents have two houses (main house and a beach house)
>my dad has had four sportfishing boats throughout the past 15 years.
>parents have always driven nice but not overly expensive cars
>dad has a retirement saved of over $1.5 million
>2 brothers and a sister

Okay so despite my dad having a pretty nice salary and being able to buy multiple houses, 60,000 dollar boats, etc

He didn't save a dime for any of me or my siblings colleges.

I'm now graduating from college with debt of like $40,000, all because my dad wanted to have all these nice things.

>is paying for your kids college not something that a parent should have to worry about?
Or
>is he selfish and greedy

(Personally I'm pretty fucking spiteful about the whole thing, especially since he already said he plans on buying more unnecessary bullshit when he retires (despite his kids drowning in debt)

He made the money its not yours he earned it to do what he wants with it hes also eventually going to die and you can get it then

should have learned to play the son role better.

Yeah but I always think:

If I had four kids, knowing that I would have to eventually send them to college (as his dad had to him), I would have put aside at least like 10,000 per kid.

I mean come on...

Kek probably true. But he didn't pay for any of his sons. So I have a feeling he's just a greedy fuck.

If he hadn't bought one of his stupid boats he could've paid for at least like 10,000 of each of his kids colleges

40k is nothing desu, it sounds like he paid for something

No. It was in state and I had an athletic scholarship for the first couple years.

1) It's his money
2) You chose to go to college
3) He presumably brought you up well enough so you can get a decent job and are an all round decent person
4) When he dies you get to share two houses and a boat which when sold will more than pay off your student debt

Get over it. My dad gets £100000 pension when he leaves the army, no idea if he will give me a penny but it's his money and he can do whatever he wants with it.

This is all true... but I just personally think I'm gonna save at least a little bit for each of my kids colleges if I have the chance.

I am a believer that a parent main duty is to help his kid develop, so yeah in my opinion he should have helped you with college. But then again you are an adult already so you will be able to pay off that debt unless you've majored in lesbian ballet dancing then you have to sort your life. Bucko

>I'm a spoiled cunt
FTFY.

>greedy as fuck
>wants money his dad worked hard for his entire life for nothing
>my dads just greedy guise
>waaaah pay for my tuition waaaah

Yeah I'd probably do the same and save some, I can see both sides. Maybe he has money set aside if you're ever in real financial danger but just wants you to learn on your own.

Dare I ask what you studied at college?

>tfw history grad

Yeah but I'm not actually that spoiled...

>drive a car with 400,000 miles on it (not an exaggeration, I maintain it properly)
>played division 1 sports while at college
>worked 20-40 hours a week throughout college to keep my debt down

International business double major with economics.

I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes I see the shit he's buying and I'ts kinda frustrating. (Especially when he had his college paid for by his parents & he could've easily set aside some money for his kids)

You are a spoiled cunt. You get his money anyway if he dies.

Yeah, that's called personal responsibility something every adult deals with, your dad doesn't owe you anything. By not just handing you 40k he's teaching you an invaluable lesson to actually value the money he does give you when he dies

Yeah but how does he expect me to "make it" if I'm swamped in debt once I graduate?

>start a business? No
>buy a house? No
>gap year? Don't even think about it
>get married? No
>start a family? No

>worked 20-40 hours a week throughout college to keep my debt down
>International business double major with economics

Yeah, sounds like instilled a decent ethic in you so you'll be fine.

youre just along for the ride son

dont count on me

no seriously, you have to learn how to manipulate.
push the right buttons and then you can milk as much out of them as you want.

No ones arguing that he doesn't have the right to spend his money how he wants. He sounds like a shit tier dad with no concept of fiscal responsibility. What's the point of having a child if you don't give them every opportunity available. Aren't you trying to give your children a better life than you had?

Like literally every other person who also is swamped in debt? This misconception that somehow $40,000 is a life ruining amount of debt is fucking retarded. If you can't get a job and pay that off in a few years you're a fuck up.

>Start a business
I'd be willing to bet if you actually did your homework and found reasonable location and property in an area in need of a product or service you could facilitate and brought that to your father he'd help you fund it

>buy a house
Somehow a down payment of like 10% of the value of a home is out of reach now? Why? Because you can't save your money and pay off your $40,000 debt? Sounds like a you problem..
>Gap year?
Irrelevant. Take a year off and work or not once you finish your program you should be able to pay off your debt quickly if you stay employed and don't waste your money partying like a stupid highschool kid every weekend.
>get married?
Dual income helps your situation are you retarded?
>start a family
You shouldn't start a family if you're financially unstable.. so don't have a kid until you're 30 what's the big fucking deal?

>Implying his rich as fuck father doesn't want his good for nothing hand out expecting son to learn a little bit of fiscal responsibility before he inherits his fathers money

You're allowed to spend your money. If his dad's as rich as user thinks he is (he's probably even richer) than who fucking cares if he can afford some luxuries? It's not irresponsible if you're financially set.

Your debt is your fault and your responsibility. He didn't get where he is today from having his parents pay for everything. You have to learn how to invest and manage money yourself, and I'm sure he'll give you advice and help you learn, but you aren't entitled to his money one bit. It's like kids whose parents buy them nice first cars vs kids who work for and buy their own first cars, who learns more and is more equipped and empowered for life?

dont be a greedy pussy..earn things for yourself!
and 60k for a boat is nothing.. you can't get a new boat for 60k maybe a small one but not a sport fishing boat! my parents boat was around 140k and it was 4 years old! you sound like a bitch, go protest the 1% pussy

>sounds like a shit tier dad with no concept of fiscal responsibility
Are you fucking retarded?

You are kinda spoiled expecting money from your dad, but your dad is also an asshole if he has two fucking houses but can't send his kid to college. My dad makes much less than yours and he sent me to college with 20,000

One of the main tenants of a civilised family is that parents invest in their children so that their kids will have it easier/have more opportunities, then in their old age they rely on their children to take care of them.

This tenant has been eroded for several generations and we're now at the point where older generations invest absolutely nothing in their children while attempting to remain self sufficient into retirement and old age.

The problem is that instead of future generations getting easier access to more opportunities, they're having to work harder to get less opportunities. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that this is not a long term sustainable situation for a civilised society.

Exactly.

Honestly It was a huge realization when I got to college and asked other kids if they were taking out loans or whatever.

>mfw even the niggers from the literal hood didn't have college debt REEEEE

(Seriously, a lot of the nigs on my team didn't have a dime of college debt due to financial aid, scholarships, and parental support. But my dad couldn't afford even a dime)

A parent should plan ahead, but we aren't entitled to anything our parents have made.

Never said I was entitled. Just asking what you guys thought because honestly I find it pretty selfish/irresponsible of him

You are entitled if you expect someone to pay for your stuff, but this is considered normal in most families.

Your dad probably doesn't love you, user.

your parents don't love you

Spoiled cunt go make your own money

If you were not high on pot, beer and victim mentality your would rule the world...

But your are not...

Democracy is a participation game. Which means libtards lose.

Thank God for that.

I can't imagine teen somthing deciding how a county is governed.

So glad you are being purged from the DNC overwatch.

Yikes...

> like 10,000 of each of his kids colleges

From his perspective this is peanuts. It should also be peanuts for you.

Have you even asked?

Same boat user, but we didnt have any boats and one house, me and my siblings have 0 debt and masters degrees lol

Selfish possibly, or maybe he's trying to teach you a lesson. Hard to tell without knowing how he's interacted with you and your siblings throughout your life. Although I'd be pissed too if my parents were rich and they didn't provide any support. Although if you're going to school for some gay shit like psychology then yeah I'd understand why he didn't give you money. Should've sucked up to him more, like "how can I succeed like you dad?".

I make around 35k a year, and my kid has a pretty good college savings account.

Your Dad is a cunt

I don't think parents are, or should be, obligated to pay for college. I also don't think people should go to college until they have some job/ life experience living on their own and can at least partially afford school without burying themselves in debt like tactless retards.
That said, your dad is kind of just a dink for splurging on himself and not helping out his kids when the prices he's paying are that high.

What makes you entitled to the money your father earned past 18 years of age OP. Grow the fuck up and sort yourself out. My parents were nice enough to let me move in when i sold my house to go to college. I went full life reset and couldn't be happier. sacrifices are sometimes necessary to take a few steps in the right direction.

News flash no one owes you shit in this world.

With that much money he should have helped, but he could be of the mindset that his kids need to earn their living like he did, even if its much more expensive now than it used to be.

My parents didn't earn anywhere near that much but they saved money for my college (which got blown on my mistakes instead), as their parents did for them too.

Sounds like your dad is a fag though, so sorry about that.

user, srsly,why don't you take a talk with dad about it?

He wants you to learn how to make money yourself instead of getting a free ride with handouts
Stop acting like an entitled bitch

You're spoiled

Well, you're doing some kind of weird passive-aggressive sympathy post on Sup Forums to get Sup Forums to like you, so yeah, I'd say you're a spoiled cunt.

If you went to school for bullshit like humanities or social studies or liberal arts I wouldn't pay for your college either.
My uncle's very wealthy and he paid for all his kids' schooling. Some people just have it lucky, you didn't, sorry to say.

You know what you have to do user. Rise up against the bourgeois parental system. Only you the children class deserve the fruit of the labour of your family. Redistribute the wealth of your parents. And to do that you must seize the means of their breathing and take their lives from them.

>good goy dont build family dynasties just waste your money on frivolous crap

Why the fuck do Americans think it's an expectation of their parents to pay for college?

It isn't making by this way, m8

Tfw your parent/s demand you become educated and talented, but don't make any sacrifices to help your life.
Tfw they give you shit anyway for not being an amazing success of a person

Is he a dick for not caring about his children's studies?
Yes.
But I mean, he gave you food, a roof, clothes, things many families can't pay.
I think you should try and have a talk with your father. But if he refuses again, there is nothing to do about it. Just ignore it, move on and try to achieve things by yourself.

>be me
>learn extent of families wealth on fortune.com
>mfw

I laughed so fucking hard at this

no legal, but a moral obligation to pay for all his kids' educations

Poor fucking baby. I had twice the debt out of college. It's called a payment plan. They probably don't teach about these things in these nigger colleges now. You could make your payment waiting tables one night a fucking month. Honestly be a part time bartender. Make college payments, meet chicks that are way out of your league and fuck them(not when they wasted or unconcious) and make money at the same time. Worked for me.

And your dad is an asshole. But he earned the right to be one.

>What? You want education? Better go and get the money for yourself, this is mine.
>What? I'm old and can't work anymore, pay me.
You can't pick both, boomers.

does he know youre in debt? you said you had a scholarship for a few years, so he probably assumed that would be enough. have you asked?

Pol is so fucking grumpy about everything.

He doesnt NEED to pay but he also didnt NEED to jizz in your mom.

Kill yourself.

He does not want to spoon feed you because you would never learn and would be a useless cunt who got everything handed to him. If you make it by yourself you will learn from it and gain experience that will help you in the long run. If he just gave everything to you then you will not have the skills to become successful so if you ever get fucked in life you would not recover from it

Well, you'll be told that it's not up to parents to look after their kids, but this is what retards believe.
If you want your kids to be successful, you give them every advantage possible. Parents like yours often don't give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves.

If you're lucky he'll actually leave the house and shit in an estate for you. A lot of the time these boomers sell it as a personal "leeet's get fuuuuucked up" fund and splurge it all on irrelevant bullshit in their retirement.

You're an idiot.

This mentality is part of what is destroying the west. Fuck family, right? Get the fuck out of my house you ingrate, if you can't make it, feel free to just die.

What utter trollop. And in the same breath that you claim this shit is a good thing, you'll follow up by saying we need to do something to make families great again. If the above is what you think a family is supposed to act like, you neither understand family, nor will you ever do anything productive to 'make families great again'.

Having a bunch of kids and then tossing them to the wind is what insects do.
We aren't insects, we aren't niggers. We look after our kids and raise them properly. We give them education, and the resources and networks to get a jumpstart on the competition. Idiots like you are a suicidal bullet to your extended family line.

Fucking entitled neet, your dad is a boss and if you're not a dead beat son you'll work it out on your own.

Gib me dats

> I'm now graduating from college with debt of like $40,000, all because my dad wanted to have all these nice things.

As to your question about weather you are spoilt are not, the very fact that you went to college and expected your dad to pay it says it all. I know he can pay for it no bother but you actually think he is obliged to pay up and never gave a thought that he wouldnt before you decided to go. If you were not spoilt then you would not be sitting on Sup Forums bitching about it.

bitch, you're a fucking leaf
if anyone's an idiot it's you Ahmed
damn your entire political system is built around
a big caring state that gives you everything you need
you and op are both spoiled lil cunts

Treat your parents how they treat you. Treat your children how you want them to treat you.

If they aren't looking out for your future, you don't look out for theirs. There is no point being bitter about it, it is rightfully theirs. You're anti-fragile, you adapt and gain from harm. You'll be much better off once you survive this hardship than those who never had to deal with a college loan.

Keep in mind 1.5 million will go fast at the rate he uses it. If the currency goes to shit or when the pension crisis blows up (when, not if) he's going to be properly fucked. Wealth is not permanent.

Maybe he did save up money but you turned out to be such a disappointing son he didnt feel like investing in your hopeless future?

The average boomer has a retirement income that pays nearly double of the average millennial income.

That's why the system is fucked.

My parents are each making 35 grand a year just sitting on their ass.

Boomer's parents are now dying off in the masses and now boomers are inheriting hundreds of thousands.

Millennial's are still broke being sold lies.

Immigration is the big enemy of the millennials.

As long as we continue deportations and slow immigration greatly the millennials will have a better system.

Within the next 25 years, the U.S. population will drop from 320 million to about 230 million people.

Baby Boomers are one third of the population and people 75 and older are 1/8 of the population.

Things are looking good as long as we keep out the immigrants.