How can I get out of jury duty...

How can I get out of jury duty? I live with my mom and little brothers and have to be at home to take care of them while she's at work. I don't have a car or a liscense so I am unable to drive to the court with is about 30 minutes away from where I live? Is this a legit excuse?

Your best bet is to tell them that you are super racist, and therefore will have a heavy bias and be unable to perform your duty objectively.

I'm almost certain you're allowed to be dismissed for both of your reasons, user. If you can't get there then you can't get there, it's not like they can force you in the back of a cab at your expense. If you have responsibilities to tend to that require attention and care, then nobody can make you drop it. You have to call or write and communicate these issues, otherwise you're going to be marked as someone who's purposely skipping

I got summoned for both state and federal jury duty within two months of one another, it was absolute bullshit. They tried pulling me back in a third time to sit in on the jury for the federal case, but I moved and told them to go fuck themselves (not really)

Tell them you're a JW

Just try to find a way to mention jury nullification. You will be kicked to the curb immediately.

So should I just type what I said in a letter and mail it to them? What happens next? How will I know I was excused?

Yep thats a good excuse, put that on the paper and they send you another summons in a year or two

Transportation and family hardships are a legitimate excuse. Ask the Court for an exemption. They'll let you know if you're excused, no later than when you call in the night before. If by some travesty you make it to voir dire, they'll more than likely ask you about hardship.

Tell them you know what jury nullification is, you will be dropped immediately

Don't you wanna see what the case is about first?

I would like to experience a jury and a case but right now I have responsibilities and have no transportation

Listen to me... Tell them the truth, it works. They have a massive pool of people to pick from, wright a good letter and youll be off.

I wrote.something like, "i request that the court release me from jury duty on grounds that i am the sole provider for my family, work two jobs, and my car has over 250,000 miles on it. Thank you for your consideration, respectfully, user."

Don't go. The only way they can prove you got the summons is if it was sent certified mail.

Terrible advice. user'll get transportation, all right... to explain anonself to the Court at whatever time the Court deems convenient. Not a good way to take care of family.

kek, i got jury duty next month.

That doesn't work anymore.

Find out their race and say you've had a bad experience with that race recently and therefore might not be able to give an unbiased ruling

call the judge and tell him right that. ask him what to do.

Do this
Not this

The way I read that it sounded like you were using court as a gender

I love jury duty, it's fun.

Except illegal grape pickers in California make more than you.

Ah, you don't drive and don't have a license. Blow them off. Here's why.

When you blow them off and don't show up, of course they'll make a note of it but nobody is going to come after you for failing to show up for jury duty. Nobody. What they will do is make out a bench warrant so if a cop pulls you over and runs your ID, that warrant will show up on his screen and then he'll nab you.

But if you don't drive and that's pretty much the only way they're going to run any ID you have - then they'll never catch you.

If you had a job and did drive a lot then things get more complicated and following the rules makes more sense in some cases. But in your case, you're pretty much untouchable, or not worth going after.

Still have to show up get processed and go through voir dire, where the lawyers quiz you on things like that. But yes, they hate activist jurors and will get rid of you quick if they even think you are one of those types.

Not really. It's a lot of getting up at o'dark thirty because courts open up at insane morning hours and then getting herded into a room and spending a lot of time waiting. And most courts have security as or more obnoxious than the airport. Strip and put all your stuff in this tray.

A paperback is a very good thing to take with you, don't assume they'll let you use your phone to browse the internet.

Well, it might work during voir dire but by then your day has been pretty much ruined already and you've wasted at least 4 hours or more waiting for them to get to that point with you.

The thing that always stuck in my mind about jury duty was how all the legal professionals that were in charge of herding us peasants around kept telling us about how important we were to this process.

And then turned around and explained that due to budget cuts, they couldn't provide us with coffee anymore because you see, it was either us or them, and they weren't having any of this austerity nonsense affecting their workplace.

How about you fucking do your civic duty and stop being a whiney bitch. (the correct answer)

>how can I get out of jury duty?
WTF is wrong with you? is this an american thing?
> I live with my mom and little bothers. I don't have a car nor do I own a licence.

Whatever mishap got you thrown into this world, you've wasted it. Please Kys.

Just say you are Ancap and tell em to fuck off