California Woman Sues Jelly Bean Manufacturer For Not Disclosing They Have Sugar

archive.is/HRBsv

A California woman claims that the candy company Jelly Belly tricked her into buying its Sport Beans, a candy that doubles as a diet supplement to “fuel” the body and help burn fat, which had more sugar than she thought.

Jessica Gomez, of San Bernardino County, filed a class-action lawsuit against the jelly bean company in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles in February. She claims that the company attempted to mask how much sugar was in its Sport Beans Energizing Jelly Beans by labeling sugar as “evaporated cane juice” on the list of ingredients, Forbes magazine reported.

“The term ‘evaporated cane juice’ is false or misleading because it suggests that the sweetener is ‘juice’ or is made from ‘juice’ and does not reveal that its basic nature and characterizing properties are those of a sugar,” an attorney representing Gomez wrote in a letter to the company.

The lawsuit also alleges that Jelly Belly misleads its consumers by claiming the Sport Bean contains carbohydrates, electrolytes and vitamins as a way of advertising the product for athletes, according to court newswire Legal News Line.

Gomez accuses the company of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and product liability.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/7-most-ridiculous-lawsuits-nike-3238861
archive.is/MPmPX
youtube.com/watch?v=T4r91mc8pbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't really have a problem with this. I hate most companies.

>{{California}}

>advertise product to athletes
>lard ass thinks it will help her lose weight

Fuck this straight earth.

Is it because you're a failure and companies cherish people with value?

>There are no sugars
????

if this person gets any money from from i will personally stab them to death and yes this is a threat

Woman is retarded and shouldn't win a dime. But yes, evaporated cane juice bullshit really should stop.

>Sport Beans, a candy that doubles as a diet supplement
pffhahahah wtf
don't fall for the sugar-jew ffs

Everything has sugar

The fuck, your body fucking runs on sugars aka carbohydrates

>jelly beans
>know specifically as candy
>Candy known to have sugar in them like everyfucking thing in existence
>even have a nutrition table on the fucking product
Women's rights were a mistakes. Women are just about as dumb as nig nogs.

The dense cunt doesn't realize that the fast-digesting sugars are what make the beans energizing. I ate a pack of these before lifting once with a large black coffee and got a pretty good pump from all the carbs

I too enjoy pictures of malevolent ladies

>evaporated cane juice
pretty dodgy ingredient listing
the packaging should have the nutritional facts like though

What is sugar? how do you make it?...
OHHHHH i see, by evaporating cane juice...

>open a box of tools upside down
>break your toes
>sue company for not having directions on how to open the fucking box
'Murica truly is the land of opportunity.

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/7-most-ridiculous-lawsuits-nike-3238861

Always archive known sources of clickbait. If site, dump on archive.is; if youtube video, rewrite domain in url to hooktube.com

archive.is/MPmPX

They're fucking jellybeans people. If you're trying to get fit, you need to stop reaching for the candy.

dodgy but not the nutritional labeling, this will get thrown out of court by one lawyer pointing to the nutritional label and counter-suing for slander and libel

it's law that packages contain nutrition facts like though

you're a dumb nigger for not seeing the misleading nature of calling sugar 'evaporated cane juice'. Its like calling water 'DI-hydrogen monoxide' and acting surprised when the average person doesn't care to know what that is

Well I think I know a certain jellybean manufacturer that will leave Commiefornia soon.

Cheers famalam.

Isn't it common knowledge that jellybeans are lollies and lollies are made almost entirely out of sugar?

How does this woman not eat rocks by mistake?

>Pearson v. Chung

>Better known as the “pants lawsuit”, was a civil case filed in 2005 by Roy L. Pearson, Jr., an administrative law judge in the District of Columbia in the United States.
>It came as a result of a dispute with a dry cleaning company over a lost pair of trousers.
>Pearson sued for £40million for inconvenience, mental anguish and fees for representing himself, as a result of their failure, in Pearson’s opinion, to live up to a “satisfaction guaranteed” sign that was displayed in the store.
>Pearson lost the case but only after after four years of trying every legal avenue to win.
Damn i knew Pearson had shit books and were Jewish but i didn't know they were THIS jewish

>GMO shill propaganda

Oh look, a strawman.

Jelly Belly absolutely did misrepresent the contents of this product in all of the ways that she has claimed because they are a sleazy business that will do anything for a buck, but if you're so mud-stupid that you can't figure this out, you literally deserve to be poisoned.

COURT RULES IN FAVOR OF THE DEFENDANT

I've been telling women if they drink my cane juice it will help them lose wait for years. Should I be worried?

i thought it's called sugar cane? ah, i see the problem now! i was thinking.
i'm a former drug addict and we need to see fatties as the addicts they are.

i like to get angry as much as the next guy, but sometimes, i have to go for a walk on a sunny morning. stupid jelly bitch...

this

Verbal agreements can't fully stand in court. See Litt v Zane. You're safe.

California Woman is the new Florida Man.

I want Jelly Beans.

still lists it as sugar

>a candy that doubles as a diet supplement to “fuel” the body and help burn fat

we're literally the best country

"I'm so glad my 'Mexican' Coke is made with real 'evaporated cane juice' that's better than Coke made with 'corn syrup'."

nevermind it was just some black guy

Stupid beaner cunt just wants to steal money, many such cases. Sad!

Well, that kind of makes sense.
Just say "sugar" for fuck's sake.
Also, cunt.
Buying something for fit people that can eat tons of sugar, get out.

>cane juice
The lawsuits in your country are so weird. It says right there on the packaging that its containing sugar.

>still lists it as sugar
thats not the point i was making, the point is that calling a common item by an obscure name confuses and misrepresents the item as something else, which is what the company's intention was btw no one who eats "sports jelly beans" plays sports so they wont give one shit about the nutritional facts

fuck i forgot pic relatied

Yeah, but that's not the point.
Why would you call it "evaporated cane juice?"
Just say sugar.

I kind of want jelly beans now

No you won't
but I once went on a stabbing spree in the town of haddonfield after having been committed for 17 years. It was on halloween night. I manage to always catch up to my victims; they run but I never break stride. I cannot be killed and to this day I lurk in the dark with my hockey mask on.

fyi - not having to list sugars with a % own on, and not putting the grams in their own column, and not having to give a per 100g sugar
THIS IS ALL OBAMA'S DOING
look up the sugar lobby
9 years ago Obama said "we'll fix labelling"
9 years later they left office, nothing done except one, last minute "fix" to labeling that introduced more loopholes than it closed
outjewthejew: let's get nofault divorce legal in ny

I fucking loathe our litigious culture. Everyone trying to get a fast buck. I work at a pretty high value company with lots of money to go around. I've seen so many fucking lawsuits against the company in the last few years, it drives me nuts.

And the worst part is that they often settle out of court, giving these shit stains a payday they didn't deserve. Our company served alcohol at a party, and left the booze bottles out for anyone to drink. Some dude got fucking tanked and groped a woman, then masturbated in public when he was told to leave the premises. He sued the company for a few hundred grand because they 'provided' the alcohol... I don't know the exact figure, but I think he got $250k... for being a drunken horndog. And yeah, he sued us for creating the circumstances that forced us to fire him.

We also paid out a woman for getting hit in the ass with a paper airplane. She called it sexual harrassment. Someone tossed a paper airplane, and it traveled 20ft and hit her ass. We settled out of court with her too.

Yeah but it doesnt matter because if she is concerned about the amount of sugar its clearly stated on the nutritional facts.

Some meme word doesnt change the numbers on a label. If she wanted to gauge how much sugar is in them maybe she should have tried looking.

Evaporated cane juice is about as close to sugar as evaporated orange juice. The listed ingredients are supposed to provide insight into how the food product was manufactured. Just because you don't know what one of them means doesn't mean that they're misleading you.

Refined sugar is not the same as evaporated cane juice, dumbass.

>Why would you call it "evaporated cane juice?"
Because you did not remove 100% of the molasses during the refining process.

am i reading this right?

Serving size 28g one packet
sugars 17g

That is a lot of sugar but its clearly written, the dumb bitch has nothing to complain about.

Although (((evaporated cane juice))) is a really sleazy way of labeling something that is essentially sugar

This.

If she wins, some jew loses some money and has to pay a little extra money for ink to put sugar on the bag. Who cares?

>Serving Size 19 Pieces (25g)
>Sugars 18g

The percentage column is for daily total consumption guide, not percentage of food which is a certain component.

Nevertheless, 18 grams per 25 gram serving should kinda tip you off.

>evaporated cane juice is dodgy

Retarded even for an illiterate Aussie

Dude its in the fucking ingredients.
>Glucose Syrup
Its fucking sugar. Are you americans that uneducated?

Ignorance is not an excuse. The normal person concerned enough to file a law suit should have logically done their due diligence regarding the labelling.

>37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons
i know i exceed that daily thats not much

Your company should have hired a hitman for half the price to kill that greedy pig.

Corporate interests won't allow it.

this won't win

reason: jelly belly hires union and their factory is in god's garden, fairfield

What the fuck, I'm literally holding a bag of jelly belly at this moment and it says sugar on it.

She thought jellybeans were a health food. America is awesome.

I know that when I see "-ose" on something, it is most likely a sugar.
Sadly, some people are retards.
No one needs to sue Jelly-Belly, just need to make it more clear for retards.

Because in the end, the customer pays for it, not the company by passing on costs.

Can we nuke Cali please?

>californian sues over being a retard and throwing a hissy fit
every time

thanks for this

>Gomez
>Commifornia

She's the type of idiot that if you told her your chicken is the freshest in the state and when you sold her on it, you handed her an egg, she'd sue. I don't have the pic but another woman tried to sue a bar cause she was a toyoda at a contest, but she expected a toyota car and not a toy-yoda.

because they used evaporated cane juice and not generic sugar
what if someone was allergic to sugarcane?

>doesn't care to know what that is
Ah, so ignorance justifies bringing litigation? Fuck you.

>12% inedible plastic.

Tasty.

>What the fuck, I'm literally holding a bag of jelly belly at this moment and it says sugar on it.

And the article is about "sport beans"

Evap cane juice, how daft do you have to be?
why not sue the fda that allows such bull marketing terms?

Nigger it says right there "Sugars" and the number isn't 0. You're mad they didn't put it a second time?

>doesn't know most sugar is cane sugar
>doesn't know most juices are filled with sugar
>can't google evaporate cane juice

jeeli beeli peet rat guumi candi
youtube.com/watch?v=T4r91mc8pbo

All sugar is evaporated cane juice. White sugar has just more molasses removed. What is generic sugar? Are you under the impression that generic sugar does not derives from sugar cane?

It's probably a class-action suit.

>says 18g of sugar on the label
>Says glucose syrup on the label
>b-but I didnt know it had so much sugar
Of course it' a woman

not because a woman
it's because it's a californian woman
the place where they are given everything for free
granted women from other parts of the states are dumb too, but they are just more dumb at commiefornia

You can get sucrose from beets too

>Gomez

Use low glycemic agave.

I heard that wasn't actually healthy.

>agave
>spic sugar
t. burger

Most sugar these days is from beets or from corn, actual cane sugar is too expensive for junk food peddlers to use it.

>Most sugar these days is from beets or from corn
that's right user, dre beets to be more specific
t. colored plantation worker