Military Branches

What is the difference in people with each military branch?

they're all useful idiots, but they're all useful and idiots to a varying degree.

Why aren't the Marines a part of Army? Or at least part of Army special forces. What's the fucking purpose?

Amphibious assault. And surely you're kidding with a parallel between Marines and special forces, they are polar opposites

Marines in the Army...Marines....MARINEs....not in the Maritime force.

Idiot.

Fuck off were full

I'm shitposting since I dying to get reasons, what's the difference between the Army and the Marines?

I know that a marine is tougher than a regular soldier. But when are which used?

they are soldiers who are stationed on Navy ships for the most part as MEUs or in landing ships for amphibious assaults.

If you wanna do combat arms I would go army or the corps.

Because the roles we play in america's war doctrine is a completely different task than the army, requiring different types of training, different gear, and different focuses. Long story short, the army is an occupational force, and the corps is a force in readiness, specializing in amphibious assault.

That's ignoring the long military history and tradition that would be trampled on.

The Navy, not the Army.

What's the purpose of Army Rangers and Delta Forces then?

So basically Marines are for attacking and Army is for defending?

Yeah, last time I checked the USMC is its own thing and not a branch of Navy.

The current US doctrine sends Marines on combat patrols and other offensive actions while the Army is used to garrison areas and conduct defensive actions.

You've also got Army airborne, which I thought were a force in readiness and rapid reaction.

Why aren't marines part of the navy? Too big?

Isn't the purpose of Army Infantry to do combat patrols and offensive actions?

Rangers are for specialized raids, traditionally this meant assaulting airfields. Delta force is smaller, specialized antiterrorism forces

Also , not accurate to say Marines are assault force and army holds the area after.

Dude why spread misinformation?

Yes, don't listen to that shitposter.

im in the jew branch

That's how I usually describe it to civilians.

Air Force plows the field by dropping bombs, while the Marines get dropped off by the Navy to clear the rest of the way and after that, the Army sets up shop.

From what was explained to me
>Marines
Brained douches
>Air Force
Elitest
>Army
Generally the dumbest and normal go
>Navy
Weirdos and gays

But that implies the Army doesn't partake in 'clearing the way' as you put it, which is inaccurate, specifically in our most recent and ongoing conflicts in the middle East as well as historically

Marines = Real ground/combat troops all around
Army = General troops that can fit into numerous situations
Air Force = Hardline technicians that do one thing and one thing only
Navy = Mainly blacks looking for an easy enlistment floating around not being deployed yet say they're deployed

Every branch is for w/e the fuck the brass says it's for.

Case in point: Redpill yourself on the USAF combat truckers.

Army has been used for amphibious assault before too.

Also, every branch has aircraft and boats.

Well the AF does Air, Space, and Cyberspace and the Navy has the bigger aircraft inventory...Yeah so most people in real life don't want me to breakdown the TTP and doctrine of the DOD since it's inception and the roles prior to that from the beginning of flight so instead I tell them this to be concise and generally accurate in what their main purposes are.

I worked on an Air Force Cargo Ship

Accurate except seems to forget the massive amount of marine POGs who do clerical work and cannot pass an airborne APFT.

They don't count. If you're a POG in the Corps, you're fucking wrong.

>but muh everyone is a riflemyn first!

Basically, yes.

What's the best branch if you're interested in a cybersecurity role?

True, but a fat Marine would do better on the battlefield than an Airman in great shape. They have way more training in that realm.

AF

It's not misinformation, it's a generalization. Of course marines do defensive actions and of course the army goes on combat patrols. There's a lot of overlap between the two, but unless you want to spend the next hour typing up an essay detailing all the specifics about who operates where, why, who does what, what they use, how they do it, who tells them what to do, and so on, you're going to have to generalize a little.

So here's my corrected statement:
In the current doctrines used with fighting in the middle east, the Army is used in a more defensive-like fashion. They will still go on combat patrols, assault areas, and conduct offensive operations, but the overall aim is generally to maintain control over certain areas. The Marines are used in a more offensive-like fashion. They still will garrison fire bases, guard convoys, etc, but the overall aim is generally to destroy the enemy wherever he is.

This isn't reflected in all our previous wars and is not a doctrine that will be used indefinitely, but it is the general doctrine used currently by the US in the middle east.

Then I should probably go in as an officer then.

The only Special Forces marines would be in is Special Education Forces.

why the fuck are you asking question on Sup Forums, google that shit and you can get your answers. marines are part of navy because navy are deployed everywhere. there is so much to learn in a particular branch that you cant just merge them together. marines conduct amphibious assaults.

Kek

What is your def. of cybersecurity.

Well I study Computer and Network Security and am going for my B.S.

Yeah. If you want to be USAF Cyberspace and not some bullshit regular IT dude who fucks everyone's email up constantly.

Probably AF then.

If you're more of a leet h4xor then Army.

True. They've got ROTC over at the university. Idk if I should contact them.

Nah, Army has too many poos

Bump