Why the hate

Towards athiests?

I understand the intense loathing towards fedora tippers and spergs of related nature who think the world would just fine if nobody believed in a higher power, those people are just as insecure about their beliefs as most religious folk are.

However, what about the rest of the population of athiests, myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea, without subscribing to all of the unnecessary bullshit of skywizards and dogma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i0J5WMmykEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then your just a normal person who doesn't believe in a god. Atheism, by definition, is just the lack of belief in a god.

Because it's a retarded, self-defeating ideology espoused entirely by people with a slightly above average intellect.

It is dumb and shows an abject lack of thought.

You see, you started off good them ended with skywizard. Most people don't gives two shits so long as you keep it to yourself. The problem, and what draws dislike, is when you're constantly stating your lack of faith (this thread for example). Christians see this as a call for help and so we respond. Try to share our faith. If you just shut the fuck about it you'll find that the attention ends and No one bothers you.

Btw, read "what men live by" ~ Tolstoy

>retarded
>dumb
>lack of thought

All not an argument, but elaborate?

This is the inherent issue I have with religion though, none of the religions, except for maybe Buddhists, keep to themselves. All the Judeo-Christains and Muslims have been pushing their shit for nearly a millennia and some still try to live by back assward rules and laws that were supposedly set forth by their god and impose on others without bringing a shred of proof outside of their holy books as to the existence of their god

((you)) sound cool, need a hug? No problem with atheist like you. The unbearable ones will come on here and write muh paragraphs arguing about some unknown philosopher to justify their belief in not believing anything.

So you feel left about because you don't get to talk about what you don't believe?

Atheists deny a greater spiritual reality and a spiritual cosmic order

That is libtarded bullshit. Not believing in Christianity is one thing, but being an atheist is going full retard

>slightly above average intellect
No. Its usually dumb fucking normies who never had a thought about anything other than pussy and beer and their own ego. Atheism is an identity badge they wear not an actual thought out belief.

Atheism is the fastest way to a decadent civilization.

>except for Buddhists

fucking gas yourself you faggot. Get back 2 reddit and stay there. Nothing worse than cancer like you.

If you want to fix yourself shut the fuck up and quit pretending you are smart. you aren't. Your a fucking snowflake faggot like everyone else on reddit.

The only chance of saving yourself from total idiocy at this point is to open up the new testament and read it and accept as fact without trying to engage with it intellectually. Then go live your life happy.

Don't waste our time with any more 'thoughts' from your stupid reddit tier brain.

>BUDDHISM IS COOL THOUGH ALSO SHOWER HTOUGHTS XDDX

I grew up Mennonite and understand that you may think a simple life is backwards but in reality is a wholesome life.

Other than cultish Mormons or street preachers, you'll agree that Christians don't engage in preaching unless you state your position firts.

Atheism is the step before Gnosticism.

Because you tend to be a bunch of cringey and abrasive try-hards who parrot other people's talking-points and assume a false mantle of intellectualism. You also categorically refuse to acknowledge or deal with the moral vacuum left by your ideology.

Easy there. I think he's trying not to sperg and ask an actual question.

a lot of them are religious (including Nietzsche). if you ask an atheist why is racism bad, they have no logical answer, because it is a moral argument. If you ask a Christian why fag marriage is bad, they have no logical answer, but at least they have a moral framework to be consistent

elaborate plez

>Because it's a retarded, self-defeating ideology espoused entirely by people with a slightly above average intellect.
And here I thought it was just a lack of belief in a divine creator.

The issue is a couple things:

>'atheist' became a byword for anti-theists and militant materialists
>as supporting God as the supreme good explicitly or implicitly is a major part of the medieval worldview, those that rejected God were considered lacking the Christian moral worldview and so could effectively be seen as a source of disorder to the Christian community. In this view "atheist" was one rejecting God as "knowing God" could be explicit (Christians) or implicitly (the "virtuous pagans")

Is this true? They can be very irritating, but I never considered that they harmful to society

The religious right is absolutely retarded. Don't try to understand them

This is an atheist thread

Quick rundown
>athiest doesn't believe, and therefore isn't in need of pursuing the truth.
>lazy and despondent regarding the most important existential question of mankind's history
>literally identifying as an athiest's only purpose is to be as annoying and contrarian to religious folk as possible
>without considering the rigid rules of religion forcing 'dumber' people to better themselves
Not to mention that, being free of those rigid rules of religion, athiests tend to live completely contrary to those rules, just to sock it to em. It doesn't matter that they smell like piss and have become steady meme material since ten years ago, all that matters is that they're 'right' and religion is 'wrong.'
Anyone with a functional brain acknowledges god is probably not real. Idiots with a lack of respect will kick up a masive shitstorm about it.

> no logical answer
By who's logic? Persons of the same sex can not procreate. The institution of marriage is based on procreation.

> why is racism bad
A man should be judged by his actions. If a particular race constantly acts in the same negative manner then perhaps it is due to an ingrained mentality.

Marxists ruin everything.

God created all existence such that nothing would contradict Him. You're sitting in that existence, thinking that you can beat the system and absolve yourself of responsibility by refusing to believe in things without concrete evidence. That is the apex of hubris, which rational men should naturally hate.

Atheists are made of autism

if you're an atheist, then people are just animals being led through life by urges. Morality can't exist without a higher power, or at least a belief that human history has more meaning than dolphin or rabbit history. how is looking to human history for answers any different than looking for meaning in the stars?

>an athiest's only purpose is to be as annoying and contrarian to religious folk as possible
Somebody disagrees with you, boo-fucking-hoo. Let me know when atheists start knocking at people's doors like the jehova cucks, mormons or salvation army protescucks.

atheism is the gateway religion?

Atheists seek truth over faith. How can blind faith in something ever deliver true repentance? If one is being punished and only ever rejects the source of the punishment they will be eternally enslaved. Disciple yourself to the reality of suffering and you will know yourself, God, and the love (knowledge) Jesus wanted to share. Gnostics and Atheists both seek the truth, but Atheists do not understand the suffering of the world in relation to themselves and the eternity it will bring without knowing.

I dunno some atheist faggot was on Tucker last night and he was all proud for shutting down a bible club for kids so that kinda pissed me off.

>athiests, myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea

So do you think Op is lying here, or is it a bait thread

>athiests, myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea

... as if you can have the one without the other. That's what kills me about these people. The promise of the "enlightenment" was to build up an atheistic, reason-based morality. It's 300 years later, and look where we are.

Atheists are overwhelmingly leftists. Sure you're alright, but if the country was all atheist then it would be a leftist multi-culti shithole. Same way that there are spics and niggers who are competent, white-presenting, employed, don't commit crimes, etc, but that doesn't mean we can ignore that the majority of them are shit.

Unless you can magically turn all of the other atheists in this country into right wingers instead of shitlibs I'm going to be all for exterminating you faggots along with shitskins, jews, faggots and other leftist trash.

I think that means yes, so in their seeking of truth an atheist finds truth in Gnostic Beliefs. Do they know they are seeking truth, because they do not appear to be. They appear to have made a decision that their is no truth or reason.

not anymore

Seriously, look at this shit, atheists are more left wing that spics and nearly as left as niggers when it comes to voting. +54Dem! Jesus I forgot it was that bad.

>So do you think Op is lying here, or is it a bait thread
Oh no, I don't think either. I agree with OP, because I don't want to live an atheist world because it's fucking depressing. You have to deceive yourself a bit to be happy, so whether it's religion or atheism, the deception is the same.

so would you say he's lying or that it is a blind spot

>If you just shut the fuck about it you'll find that the attention ends and No one bothers you.

Please apply this to yourself.

Fuck, I hate these

On the Internet, atheists are the biggest zealots. It's very irritating, I can see how people would get annoyed by their (usually dumb teenager) antics.

Because you guys think retarded American "Christians" have the same believes than Catholics and orthodox.

Do you think OP recognizes the cognitive dissonance of having the values of religion but not the faith

Agnostic atheists aren't the problem. The idiots who claim with certainty that there is no god, or that there is a god, are the problem. Anyone who claims to have the origin of the universe all figured out is a fool who should be ignored. Believe whatever you want but be open to the possibility that you are wrong.

Skywizard and Dogma is to controll the feelings oft immoral women you dipshit

>The promise of the "enlightenment" was to build up an atheistic, reason-based morality.
No it wasn't. People were overwhelmingly Christian back then. In addition, a creating a "reason-based morality" would be such an undertaking that no reasonable men would ever have even tried.

And retarded Yurotrash like yourself think that Catholics and Orthodox are Christians.

>However, what about the rest of the population of athiests, myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea,
Because you're an extreme minority of the atheist community. The vast majority of atheists are demonstratably liberal.
>without subscribing to all of the unnecessary bullshit of skywizards and dogma?
>claims he's not a fedora tipper
>immediatly tips fedora in the next line
Because it's not unecessary. You cannot coherently believe in objective morality as an atheist. An atheist cannot make an argument for objective morals without some level of cognitive dissonance, and without the authority of an objective morality you can hardly make an argument for the "tolerate everything" attitude of liberals.

Suffering without reason is the same as faith without knowledge. The truth is around us all the time but we prefer to look away from it because it is painful to see; at first. When you see light in a dark room your instinct is to turn away. Once pain becomes too much and they can no longer suffer it without knowing why they will completely open their eyes and be blinded by the light. Once your eyes are opened you will never be able to close them again. That is the nature of truth over faith.

It's not that I hate or distrust the atheist, I just don't respect him.

hopefully now he does :)

>religion claims exclusivity to any and all morals and values

Pretty shit arguement there guy

I dont kill people, or at least not try not to, which is a Christian value, but Im not a Christian. I dont steal, which is also a Christian value, but I dont believe in the Christian god.

Jesus seemed cool though, would flip tables with

>is when you're constantly stating your lack of faith
>Christians see this as a call for help and so we respond
No, you're just mental if you think faith has value. THAT is the problem. Believing something with insufficient evidence is sin. If you believe in Jesus and other wizardry woo you will burn in atheist hell for believing in things with no evidence, despite the evidence to the contrary even.

Saying that there is atheists and then there is spergs is like saying there is Muslims and then there is ISIS. No difference whatsoever.

Just Christcucks feeling insecure so they pull the strawmans like atheist = libtard.
I hate though that atheism is overtaken by normies.
I'm not pro-atheism, I'm pro-skepticism, and idiots these days aren't atheists because of skeptical thought, but because they were indoctrinated, just like religion.

>Suffering without reason is the same as faith without knowledge.
Suffering without reason is the world it is nature. I don't think there can be faith without knowledge. It may be our definition of faith is different.

>Crying that nobody wants to jerk off a dead jew on a stick that terrorized Rome

Boo

Fucking

Hoo

Fucking christcucks piss me off

Maybe the FUCKING ROMAN EMPIRE would still be here if that fucking jew with a cuckold dad didn't weaken it

>Because it's a retarded, self-defeating ideology
Atheism is non-belief. Anything else that is said about it is by definition a lie.

Why do you lie about atheism? Are you a liar?

Religion claims exclusivity to objective morality. If you're an atheist you can only logically believe in subjective morals. If your morals are subjective then they carry as much weight as everyone else's subjective morals and you no longer have the same foundation as a religious person when arguing against someone else's subjective morals.

Obviously you're not going to randomly start killing people but you're being completely dishonest if you're trying to pretend atheists have the same morals as religious. Look at things like abortion or injecting children with hormones to fuck their development or showing gay/trans propoganda to children and try approaching those from the starting point of subjective morality, you won't get far.

Everybody take careful note at the degradation that follows prolonged immorality.

Me neither I was raised christian and I think the bible provides a good moral foundation with its traditionalist values. I just don't subscribe to the belief that I should worship a god, but I have nothing against those who choose to either. I hate constantly being lumped in with (((them))), they fucking abuse my ideology daily to fit their own religious goals. They actually offer scholarships to faggots as if that has anything do with atheism claiming that "hurr durr well christians are against it so we must be for it". Like atheism is defined by what christianity isn't. I want a christian/traditional atheist alliance so we can turn back the tide of moral destitution and islamic cultism that is plagueing society, but autist christians and atheists won't stop arguing semantics.

>myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea

these were OP's words
maybe he can define them better

I am an ex-Muslim athiest, I fear for my life sometimes, my parents want to kill me.

Fedoras became closely aligned [or at least presumed to be] with the Left and Mudslimes.

Which as an atheist myself, I never understood why atheists would take the side of Islam over Christians when they both should be the enemy.

Why the hate against atheists? You are literally godless heretics, what the fuck did you expect?
>However, what about the rest of the population of athiests, myself included, who think traditional values are still a good idea, without subscribing to all of the unnecessary bullshit of skywizards and dogma?
The most traditional value of all is belief in gods, which dates back to pre-history. You are lacking one of the most fundamental things that makes you human.

>Atheists deny a greater spiritual reality and a spiritual cosmic order
No, atheists can have beliefs. They just don't believe in deities.

>being an atheist is going full retard
Atheists are generally smarter, more intelligent than people who fall for fairy tales.

>Atheism is the fastest way to a decadent civilization.
All the religious civilizations are already corrupt and decadent. Like Islam.

this

CONVERT
OR
BURN

REPENT
OR
PERISH

You have good reason to fear, but it probably won't be your parents

>at least they have a moral framework
Men create morals. Morals are derived only this way.

Evil, dishonest men fabricate gods to enforce their morals and oppress their fellow men with lies and fakery.

>t. retard who thinks Christianity was the only reason Rome fell

I can't define what I found accurately because every person has to look within to find it. I was more atheist than anybody I've ever known until I started to think about the big bang and reincarnation and the enslavement (hell) that would bring unless I knew that it was happening. Once I realized it was never ending I found heaven. Gnosticism is a path not a destination. Just start walking I promise you'll find what I found, that's the nature of truth; you can't escape it.

>claims morals are man made and therefor subjective
>then calls someone else evil
>then calls oppression
Please lurk some more before you try to bring tumblr level discourse to the thread

>You're sitting in that existence
That's what you claim, but there's no evidence of it.

>by refusing to believe in things without concrete evidence.
Atheists can believe in things, but not in made-up gods.

prideful and smug at best.

>No, atheists can have beliefs.
do you mean besides science and nature? Because if you do you are talking religion. It may not be an old religion but its still religion

Can someone please tell me the benefit of believing in a God in 2017?

Can someone tell me the benefit of belonging to a religion in 2017?

>reincarnation and the enslavement (hell)
these arnt atheist beliefs

>Morality can't exist without a higher power,
You know you're lying. The Daoist and KungFuTse don't have any phony gods but they do have great morals.

this is an atheist discussion

Not stealing, thats a big one. Stealing includes murder, adultery, and lying, all pretty shitty things to do

>Atheists are overwhelmingly leftists.
All smart people are. Atheist.

good values to live by

But the big bang is

Religious people have an above replacement birth rate while atheists have a negative birth rate.

Religious people overwhelmingly are conservative and in favour of upholding tradition while atheists are overwhelmingly liberal and vote to replace their own tradition and tolerate other people's tradition becoming dominant in their own country.

Atheists therefore do not pass on their genetics nor their culture at a sustainable pace and are doomed t extintinction.

Ignoring any arguments for which is "true", from a purely Darwinian pespective religion is superior.

We are god. The big bang is the restart not the beginning. It is infinite and so we are everyone and everything.

>Religion claims exclusivity to objective morality.
It's a claim they can never prove, isn't it?

Atheists say men write the morals.
Theists say men write the morals, but they were "inspired by gods"
When you ask theists to prove their gods, they say, "Atheists are homos", desperately trying to change the subject.
Theists never prove their morals were anything but written by men.

All morals are relative.

>atheists
>smart

I'm pretty sure believing in something doesn't make you smarter ir dumber. It's your race

>Religious people have an above replacement birth rate while atheists have a negative birth rate.

>Atheists therefore do not pass on their genetics nor their culture at a sustainable pace and are doomed t extinction.

Sauce or it didn't happen.

>God created all existence such that nothing would contradict Him.
Observable reality contradicts your deities' claims of what exists, and what has happened on Earth and the universe, por ejemplo: youtu.be/i0J5WMmykEs

You haven't attacked his main point.

Atheists don't contribute to the foundations of western civilization. They don't procreate, they allow hedonism to thrive because "muh individualism", and they embrace nihilism.

>you're being completely dishonest if you're trying to pretend atheists have the same morals as religious.
That's absolutely true. Atheist morals are far superior, because they don't lie about them or pretend they were written by ghosts, fairies or leprechauns.

>It's a claim they can never prove, isn't it?
No. It's a self evident claim. Whether or not God is true is a totally different argument, but a religious person claiming objective morality is self evident.

>all morals are relative
Cool baseless assertion

this

Because it's human nature to exclude those that are different. If someone doesn't drink the kool-aid and buy into the bullshit about skywizards and muh commandments, then, clearly, they must be indoctrinated, and when it's clear they can't be indoctrinated, then they must be ostracized or killed.

Religion is nothing more than a coping mechanism for people who cannot live with the fact that there will never be an answer to the question of why we're here and how we came to be. Some people realize that there really is nothing stopping them from murdering and raping 80 children and, because they know they're too weak willed to resist the urge, they turn to religion to make that choice for them.

Religious people are weak-willed people. They disguise their weakness with arguments of "m-muh morality." It's ironic, because they need some dumb fuck's helpful lifehacks and guidelines written 2000 years ago to tell them how to be a decent human being.

Could god create a boulder so large and heavy that he himself could not move it? If no, he is not all-powerful. If yes, he is not all-powerful.