All my peers here want to experience "glorious NYC life" but is it weird that I want to be in states like NC or Ohio...

All my peers here want to experience "glorious NYC life" but is it weird that I want to be in states like NC or Ohio? I just want to sit back, fry up my BBQ, put on some heavy metal and make some burgers on a cosy saturday evening. Middle-class US life in a moderately rich state sounds awesome.

Pic related, a food I haven't eaten yet but surely will before I die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NYC and California have some of the worst people in the U.S.. So no it's not weird or bad that you'd rather enjoy middle America. You'd probably have a better time then your friends.

It's not weird at all, you're just an introvert like most people on this site. Personally I like living in a small town away from all the degeneracy of the city. The food is not that great though, the BBQ is fantastic but good luck finding anything else

Turks stay out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i don't want to burst your bubble, but crawfish boils are overrated as a motherfucker. trying to suck a thimble-full of meat out of the hard shell of a river bug. it's a meme. just a salty/old bay seasoning mess.

that said, any time i visit friends in the city i want to leave after maybe 6 hours into the weekend. too much noise, too many people, can't touch any surface. a major ordeal to go anywhere or do anything, etc

of course turks want to. theyre impressionable and insecure, so they want to come here mainly to show off to their shitskin friends back home how they've "made it"
it's really sad how most of the world views new york in these meme cliches.
it's just a city, and im pissed off that it's used as a peen-booster and backdrop by some of the world's most degenerated and vapid morons.

nothing is worse than an nyc import.

>crawfish boils
but should try at least once, right?

I like to peel a bunch and fill up a bowl then shovel it all into my mouth.

I'M going to make the assumption that you're Muslim, so you won't be able to partake of awesome pork BBQ. However, Beef BBQ is almost as good. Briskit, slow roasted over hickory coals for eight to twelve hours is amazingly tasty.
There's an art to eating mud bugs. The only meat worth having is the tail. You break the first band on the tail than pull the fan and the meat comes right out. I usually add crabs or crab legs and muscles to mine anyway.

I don't think crawfish are halal and you won't be eating that in places like Ohio. Try Louisiana.

You might like Indianapolis. There are cliques of Turks there that do computer stuff

Outside of major cities you will be discriminated against though, especially in my state

I can't confirm nor deny that I'm a muslim since, you know, I live in Erdogan's Turkey. But some of my friends eat pork and they enjoy it. Mostly ribs and pulled pork and all kinds of delicatessen. Those filthy friends of mine.

I hate Turks. But if you get the chance try some Crawfish. t. Louisianan

I live in Indiana and he'll blend in as just another Mexican as long as he isn't walking around in a turban or some shit. Mexicans are accepted here nowadays--at least in my Southern Indiana town.

You sound like a vagina. Crawfish is a slow eating affair. And if they are cooked right, they peel very easy.

Anything outside of a toast sandwich or a french fry sandwich is too advanced for the British palate.

That's the spirit. Pork is cheap, pork is tasty, pork is filling and in this era, pork is safe to eat.

No. OP will not like Indianapolis. Even people in Indianapolis don't like Indianapolis. They only say they like Indianapolis so they can get outsiders to buy their homes so they can leave Indianapolis. (I suppose Carmel is ok)

>tfw you live in Carmel

Carmel is only alright if you're very rich. Top kek. Indianapolis is alright but I only go there for games/concerts. I never had a problem with it but I don't live there.

The north east has terrible food. If you want good crawfish like in your pic. You have to come to south Louisiana, the crawfish capital of the world (srsrly we consume more crawish than any other places in the world). Most places only sprincle the spices on after theyve been boiled in plane water. Here we boil them with spices, lemon, garlic, etc and let them soak. South Louisiana overall has the best food. Though our bbq is average by southern standards so if you want bbq there are other places in the SE that are better.

pic related from a crawfish boil recently.

I'm from Carmel and can confirm it's only for America's wealthiest. It's pretty much the greatest city in the country

Trump did a rally here and it was nearly 100% white, no protestors, and no degeneracy

Great food in Indiana too. We have what you're looking for OP

This is from Yats

That's some comfy shoes and an amazing crawfish right there. I refuse the idea of those being bad like some anons said here.

You can come to Ohio to grill Turkfag. Just don't bring your diseases

>tfw me too
Carmel's nice, even my cheap for Carmel apartment. Indy's not too bad either.

i'm not, cletus. i'm only saying it's not worth the hassle. better shit to do that spend a minute extracting one gram of meat out of a crawfish. it's hipster-tier at best. get king crab legs. get lobster if you must.
certainly

>Apartment
fucking spic

I'm in Village of West Clay and it's pretty much paradise

NYC is shit if you aren't a millionaire

>spic
FUCK YOU I'M NOT A DIRTY FUCKING SPIC

You're a fucking fag. Crawfish are amazing.
>old bay
Maybe if you got the fuck out of Maryland, you could find some decent crawfish, crab catcher.

ok poorfag I believe you. thanks for working that drivethru

>glorious NYC life

Unless you're rich it's a fucking bitch.

>fry up my BBQ

Louisianafag here.

You pinch the tail and the meat slides right out. If you peel the shell or take forever to get the meat out, you should just stay up north like a faggot. Damn scrubs.

NYC sucks

You seem good enough. I'd BBQ and drink with you watching a sunset
t. cypriot

Never worked drivethrough in my life friend.

Cold and dry! Eat as you go.

Yeah I noticed that too after posting it but thread seemed fine so I couldn't be bothered with it.

Take it from an Ohiofag, Southeastern OH is an Appalachian nightmare with zero to do unless you like meth and crime. Toledo, Cleveland, COONlumbus, Cincy, and Dayton are nigger savage wastelands with your better chances being spent in a nearby suburb rather than in the city itself. Unless you like depressing winters, Ohio isn't much to write home about.

If you're single, living in NYC is OK I guess, but you're basically paying for the privilege of calling yourself a New Yorker.

If you have a family and want to raise kids, you need to make about $400k otherwise you're neglecting your child.

Not true at all, I live in Queens and it's not as expensive as you think it is

Merci

No, NC is fucking great. Move here. Best BBQ, cheap living, great farmers markets, lots of nature, lots of guns, lots of christians.

i'd rather eat bulgur and lentil keftas

I honestly don't mind cold food, but now that you mention it I might use a hydroflasc for a bowl or a castiron bowl on a trivet.

mmm, rusty

NYC blows. Everyone's empty, predatory, or both, and it costs a million dollars just to wipe your own ass.

not everyone

I also recommend a new England clam bake done right on the beach. Nothing like it.

I dont eat overgrown cockroaches or drink windex beer or genetically modified corn or listen to shitty metal music.

more power to you. how about you go in the woods and peel some bark off a tree and eat what you find there too. you're a small step away from that with crawfish. have some goddamned pride.

Go wax your mustache, hipster.

Hey fuck off Queens aint bad I live 30mins away from where the President grew up so shut your fuckin face

>put on some heavy metal

it's really not like that, you dumb muslim shit.

shits comfy man

It can be, faggot. I don't even listen to metal but you're gay. He can do whatever he wants in the USA as long as he isn't breaking the law. Blasting heavy metal music in public would probably get him shoahed in his country because it's "satanic."

>NYC
>Terrible food
Alright fatty I will just mosey on down to one of the 10000 Western Euro resturants in my borough while you pick between negro soul food and mcdonalds

Cities are overrated. You spend all your time working or commuting so you can afford to live in a place you don't have the luxury of enjoying.

Move out to an affordable area. Live your own life at the pace you want. Get married. Find a hobby. If you live in the city, you'll be slaving away just to live in an efficiency apartment that you might occasionally get to sleep in.

Yeah that's not true.

I thought seasoning seafood with seaweeds was a Mediterranean thing. This looks amazing.
Then you must be doing something wrong.

Queens Master Race reporting in
>tfw most based borough with affordable prices.

LOL sure thing Cletus

That shit looks disgusting

Can't even stand to imagine the strong smell of fish that shit must have.

NYC is fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. It's too dirty, man. Call me a hillbilly; I don't give a shit. Indianapolis is the biggest city in my state and it isn't nearly as filthy as NYC. The nightlife here sucks ass, though.

You guys eat insects. Fuck off.

>Mexican cuisine - Tortillas, beans, rice, corn, meat (literally every dish is some variation of this).
Nice try burrito.

>be hairy inbred manlet middle eastern
>have no profession
>get rejected by us
>dream about american dream
Know your place you an*tolian nigger , Your place is m*ddle east you have to live with m*slims and shitskins forever, now eat your baked beans and look for a job maybe you can find a job with minimum wage if you're lucky

Realistically there's a lot more to do and you get a lot more out of city living.

Especially if you're relatively well-off or have the education/background to associate with the young professional class.

Suburbia can be cozy but really it just sucks your soul out so that all you care about anymore is keeping your lawn up.

Yeah I completely understand, no disrespect meant by me. I have alot of relatives from Europe+Leafland and desu I feel embarrassed showing them around my neighborhood cause of how filthy it is.

Go to a real boil and I dare you not to be dazzled... a drunk Cajun can eat way more than one in a minute. It's fast if you do it often, so you can put away 5-10 lbs no problem.

Beyond that it gets hard to breathe.

Also amazing food. NYC can be expensive but it can be super cheap too, especially in places like Jackson Heights, and the food as is good as anywhere in the world I've seen. There's so much NYC envy in this thread.
Source: I lives in NYC for a few years.

I hate living here. I was born here, it's the fucking worst. Anyone who likes it here is a fucking idiot

eastcoast fags BTFO

dear OP that pic is what we southerners call "a country boil" or "seafood boil" and believe me, they are fucking awesome but you need to come to places like Louisiana for the real deal

>nothing is worse than an nyc import.

the exports

>degeneracy
Oh hey look it's that word again. Why can't anyone define this in a meaningful way? On the few times I've had anyone even try to tell me what "degeneracy" is, it's been vague and sounded more or less synonymous with fun.

What's Australia like in comparison to the states? I've read mixed things both ways on Sup Forums.

Californians beat both.

Nigger gore

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k

>all these Hoosiers ITT

I'm in Fort Wayne and I'm surrounded by Mudslimes and Somalian """refugees""". They run around outside my window and yell loudly in their incomprehensible shitskin languages and when I'm walking on the sidewalk and I pass the Muslim women in their Islamic ghillie suits they glare at me

I just wanna live in Decatur again

>You guys eat insects. Fuck off.
Never heard of such thing where I live and the places I've been around Mexico.

>>Mexican cuisine - Tortillas, beans, rice, corn, meat (literally every dish is some variation of this).
>Nice try burrito.
Most retarded post ever, read up on mexican recipes dumbass.

Also, what does ingredient variation in mexican food have to do with eating fish that have a strong sewage-like odor?

there are plenty of freedom and liberty loving turks
i especially feel for the closeted freedom loving turks who just want to enjoy life and spread good feels

What part of Queens?

At the expense of crime

I have a profession which earns me fuckton of money here but it's not compatible with US so it seems unlikely that I move there. Care to guess what it is, faggot, since you know so much about me?
Thanks user this has been a comfy thread and many anons said the same thing. I guess I have rethink my travel plans for the future.

>>disgusting food thrown over a newspaper
>>eat it with your hands

Jesus christ roach, I almost puked. Filthy savage.

>I'm in Fort Wayne and I'm surrounded by Mudslimes and Somalian """refugees""". They run around outside my window and yell loudly in their incomprehensible shitskin languages and when I'm walking on the sidewalk and I pass the Muslim women in their Islamic ghillie suits they glare at me

That sucks, man. I've only met one or two Muslims in my life here in Indiana and I'm 30. There are some Sikhs working the gas stations, though. PROTIP: they are all massive potheads for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with their religion.

What's wrong with Anatolians you ewok

Europeans should get the fuck out of this thread. No one cares about you.

Indy blows, dude. Everything bad about city living with none of the good.

Terrible food, no culture, no music, no art, shit schools, no transportation, no infrastructure, apocalyptic traffic.

The best way to describe Indianapolis is to say that it's what whitebread fat suburbanites and country meth heads think a city looks like. A couple of tall ugly buildings, a shopping mall where you can buy your trashy girlfriend a ring you can't afford, and sports bars serving shitty burgers under TVs blaring Colts games.

Pic related. Hideous suburbia where meth labs abound.

>What's Australia like in comparison to the states?
I've just come back to Australia after many years in the US and the stuff I'm noticing most is:
- the so-called Australia tax. So many things here are needlessly expensive, like jeans, electronics, shoes, software downloads.
- the housing prices. The major cities are in a stupid boom just now.
- the taxes on alcohol. Wine is cheap in Australia, but spirits are stupidly expensive, to the point that they're really not worth buying.
- the lack of cheap food trucks in Australia. There's nowhere I can get a good burrito for $5 like I could in New York.
- the cultural anxiety. There's so much worry in Australia about whether or not we're almost as cool as NYC.
- the politics in Australia is less fucked and stupid than in the US, where conspiracy theorists and autists have largely taken over.

Stop. Now.
That sucks user. Moving to another country involves appreciating its culture.

Yeah and Ive met more Ozzies here in the past year than I could care to count. I

>Australia is 90% desert and the only decent livable places are on the coastline which are practically full already, with no effort by our government to make the other areas habitable.
>fuck off were full isn't just a meme