How do you feel about the Roman Republic

How do you feel about the Roman Republic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_the_Orders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

corrupt but they had dignity

Eerie similarities to what's going on in American politics at its late stages desu
But still a decent system imo

Marius did nothing wrong

WE

WUZ

I feel good. They were my ancestors and shit.

Will Trump be our Caeser? And if so, which one?

WE WUZ TROJANS N SHIT

Pluses
>Conquered foriegn lands
>Forced them to adopt their culture (until towards the end)
>Created Constantanople
>Spread Christianity
>Eastern Empire kept Muslims at bay

Minuses
>Killed Caesar
>Quit making other cultures bend to their will once they became Romans

They were our guys

I for one eagerly await the American Caesar

He did do something absolutely wrong, although at the time he didn't know it. He made the soldiers loyal to their generals. It helped short term, but long term it had bad consequences

well he'd have to have been in the military to be any of the cool caesars

he's probably one of the indolent wastrel emperors who loved money more than his people

controled by rich assholes that care nothing for the people who made her great . Romans we must fix this !

Why do they all have autism bowlcuts?

does that mean that ivanka is Octavian?

haha what are you, some kind of salatrix tonsa?

Cheap and efficient

no, because there hasn't been a civil war in Trumps lifetime

if anything Trump is pre-caesar, probably M. Licinius Crassus

The neocon puppet? a caesar? r/donald please go

also if a man was too vain, he was typically accused of homosexuality

>Will Trump be our Caeser

you trump fags are beyond delusional if you believe that

Romanes Eunt Domus!

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

it's an utterly laughable comparison. trump is not a general, nor is he a legislator

the only way he resembles caesar is his immense debts before attaining "senior consul"

African

>Crassus
that guy was evil as fuck. His end was fitting.

>there is no Octavian alive today

WE

There certainly were african romans. It was customary for the Republic to engage with foreign courts diplomatically instead of imperially, to ensure that no Roman could become a lord of a foreign land, nor did the Republic have to busy itself needlessly in foreign wars of occupation

Following the destruction of Carthage the Romans had diplomatic relations with many African kingdoms and it was a regular thing for Censors and Consuls-en-guerre to sell Citizenship for $$

There can't be, because Octavian II's Agrippa II would certainly turn on him

if trump would of stuck to what he said he would do maby . I honestly thought what does some old billionaire really have to lose he better then anyone knows how crooked things are . in the end he took advantage of the people that want real change . I feel ashamed of myself for believing a ny billionaire cared about the poor .

Slayed muslims

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k

Xenophobic assholes. They are the reason for much of the racist nationalism that still exists today.

Caesar promised free land for lower class Romans and gave citizenship to more foreigners than any other individual in the history of the Republic

it's a ridiculous comparison

I'm a passionate historian of the Roman Republic post 3rd Samnite War.
Ask anything if you wish.

Most interesting characters, aside Caesar who was, honestly, even beyond superhuman in his genius?
I'd say Quintus Sertorius and Marcus Livius Drusus.
Most despicable ones? Both Catos and pretty much all Antonii.

Their past is our future.

He's closer to Caesar than your cucked leaf of a leader.

To be fair, when he started doing it, he needed to, as the invasion threat from cimbri and teutons was too great.

Later on he became a terrible madman. But he was not himself anymore after the stroke/ictus he had.

Jeremy Corbyn?

IMPAIRATURZ

This thread is about the roman republic which only includes caesar insofar that he led directly to the end of the republic

please keep these kinds of dumb slapfights confined to one of Sup Forumss many troll threads

North Africans, not sub Saharan ones

Caesar is one of the greatest men in this planets history I hold him above people like alex the great cause he was truly in it for the poor common people not his own personal glory . one day another man will come and destroy the system ruled over by the rich oligarchy we are slaves of .

What tribes was the Empire mainly comprised of? Was any generic material of them found? If so, what were the haplogroups (curious as to all of them not just the main one)?

>Agrippa II would certainly turn on him
that's why I said that there is no Octavian. There can be no Octavian without Agrippa.

>african romans

lel

Read this goys

Fuck off, I'm a strict Catonian and I belive in the divinity of the republic! Ave Roma!

WUZ

A bunch of rich pricks doing business. Meh.
Hey, at least they didnt lived on shacks and walked naked like nordic fags.

lol those barbaric nordic fags. They were just like the africans.

back to your containment thread called ptg 16 year olds are not welcome here .

Trump is more like Crassus than anyone else, famous and powerful due to his money rather than his military experience and power.

I predict we will see a Caesar-like figure but probably not for another 15-20 years at least. Really, China needs to surpass the US before people enough Americans recognize that there is a problem and try to find someone who will fix it. Trump's election was more of a reaction against the status quo and business as unusual in politics rather than out of recognition that the current path the US is on simply cannot continue. So Trump's election is a good sign, but not the end sign.

"In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power" Cicero

This. E1b1b1a1b is a good example (mutated in Europe but found in N.Africa). There were definitely N.Africans around.

I'd say he's more like pompei, picture himself as man of the ppl, didn't come from a political elite family, once in power doesn't actually do shit for the ppl, etc...

Octavian is still not really germane to the discussion anyway, please talk about Republican era Romans

We're past that. The republic ended in 1860. Lincoln was the first Caesar. From 1865 till the the great depression. America was in the Roman Empire equivalent of the Principate. Progressive policies and centralization slowling layed the foundation to the next era starting around the time of FDR. Which is the Roman Empire Equivalent of the Dominate. This has been the era weve been in for some time. I fear we are now going to enter the Roman Empire era equivalent of the Crisis of the third centry. Maybe even end up with our own version of the tetrachy. Either way we're in for a rough ride. But im not worried just rome died and was slowy reborn during the middle ages so too will we. This is the fate of all civilization.

"roman" "republic"

KANGS

Yeah I'll get right on that once you kys. Do what op said and STFU and focus on Rome retard

My hometown was founded by romans, they built a wall around it and there is a statue of a roman emperor in the main square. Based SPQR.

that's the stuff. If trump were a general, he'd be a pompeiian general. He'd never use guile nor would he ever go up against a numerically superior force

The Republic never spread or adopted Christianity only the empire, and Constantinople was also founded after the republic was dissolved.

I said Republic, though.

Anyway, I'm sorry I am no geneticist, so I can't answer about haplogroups.
Aesthetically, you had anything from blonde and blue eyed guys to redheads to brown haired and green eyed to people with black hair and eyes.

I can say for sure that there were several ethnicities involved in making the Roman Republic great, not just different tribes of Romans, but many different latin and italian people.
However, note that there was no 'multiculturalism'. Quite the opposite. Assimilation and integration, not 'diversity'.

so is not Ceasar. He literally destroyed the Roman Republic

I said as much in this post:

We've already had our Tiberius and Gaius Gracchus

If I had to guess, I'd say we're between the death of the Gracchi and the Dictatorship of L. Cornelius Sulla

The number of historical inaccuracies in that picture make me want to Reeeeeeeee everyone in my house awake.

Degenerates who indulged in entertainment just like society now.

Lincoln was not like ceasar at all. Ceasar was a military leader who loved to gamble and play dice, he was a man of the people and he was assassinated.

ah, ok.

lol
>the Gracchi

you need

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_the_Orders

Trump is gonna be our retarded version of sulla

What are you talking about? Britain was founded by blacks too.

>WE

To be fair this is a carving of William Shakespeare which doesn't get shown often. Notice anything?

take this shit to a black people thread

is that roman zuckerberg?

Ay yo wait up, we're just pointing out the obvious m8, just like romanz wuz blacks, makes sense that ancient britain was also founded by blacks.

0/10 fake black guy troll

WUZ

Take your mum to a black people thread.

If it's a serious point you want: Instead of looking for emperor parellels with U.S presidents. Have a hard look for the Sejanus like people in your government

Holy shit was St. Nicholas a Klingon?
WE WUZ TA'S!

i don't have to take this from a craven monarchist

WE

they were good until they started de-valuing their currency, and 100 years they went bye bye

lmao at all the dumbshits in this thread who dont understand the significance of Brutus in a Republican thread

>DURR IM RETARDED AND IM GOING TO GET DISTRACTED BY A DARK COLORED BUST DURRR

What's the significance of brutus? besides that he was complely useless and got manipulated by crasus and the senante to betray ceasar all because his family has been around since the kingdom of rome. Meh, useless...

It was a Junius Brutus who first established the Republic, that's why it was so important that a Junius Brutus be involved in the Tyrannicide of Caesar

Posted just 23 seconds apart. It's divine providence.