Engraved ring found in Sweden suggests close multicultural contact between Viking Age Scandinavians and Islamic...

Engraved ring found in Sweden suggests close multicultural contact between Viking Age Scandinavians and Islamic civilisation

The excavation site at a Viking trading centre in Sweden called Birka recovered the silver ring in the late 1800s.

The ring is adorned with a violet-coloured piece of glass that was, until recently, presumed to be an amethyst. An inscription on the glass has now been found to read either "for Allah" or "to Allah" in an ancient Arabic script.

The ring was found in a grave north of Borg on the Björkö Island. Clothes and jewellery around the decomposed skeleton showed it to be a female burial dating back to 850 AD. It is therefore likelly that seagoing Scandinavian women often traveled to Middle East and Africa in search of partners.

The Birka ring is particularly remarkable because its inner surface shows virtually no sign of wear. Filing marks that were made at the end stages of production are still visible, suggesting that the ring had few or no owners before it reached its final owner, researchers said.

Mona Sahlin, the former prime minister of Sweden wrote: "I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. Refugees have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings them together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things."

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/engraved-ring-found-in-sweden-suggests-contact-between-viking-age-scandinavians-and-islamic-civilisation-10118283.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pjDTS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_expeditions_of_the_Rus'
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan
youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k
archive.is/jnbca
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Always use archive.is on blogs renowned for bad journalism and clickbait. Thank you.

archive.is/pjDTS

Looks more like a normal rune.

Yes the Norse traded with the Moors and Persians they also conqured most of Europe.

That has absolutely fucking zero to do with being a cuck country now.

Hilarious how Sweden will try to find any excuse to keep pushing this agenda of the dissolution of the Swedish ethnic identity.

>be ancient norse
>spend entire youth going on raids, conquering, building longboats
>have sweet ring from conquests
>trip and scrape it on a rock, hit head and die
>hundreds of years later, your faggot descendants use the scrape on your ring to try and justify destroying the culture you built for them

it's called trade

>It is therefore likelly that seagoing Scandinavian women often traveled to Middle East and Africa in search of partners.
Are you fucking retarded?

Someone post the quotes from the people swedish vikings traded with

>It is therefore likelly that seagoing Scandinavian women often traveled to Middle East and Africa in search of partners.
lol

Of course there was multi-cultures in ancient Scandinavia but not to any even marginal degree.
The Vikings were renown for taking and trading slaves as well as exotic plunder on their "viking" adventures.

That is the sum of what this story can say.

But it does. Masculine men mostly settled elsewhere, leaving behind a gene pool slanted toward the effeminate and useless.

>Trade

Obviously the Viking cut it off the finger of some Muslim whore he raped, and brought it home to his wife as a gift.

Everywhere will be Brazil. Your kids will meditate in school.

that pic

Lol. Time to start filtering out the Swine threads.
The ring is suggestive of its origins. I suspect it may have been loot taken after a plunder, or part of some missionary-like effort.
The ring - to/for Allah, is suggestive of binding one's being and will to Allah.
I can think up of so many reasons why that ring was found in that grave.
It saddens me that there's always an agenda slapped onto everything interesting. Fuck Sweden.

>This silver ring - discovered in a country historically famous for its far-traveled raiders, trade empires, and oceanic voyages - has Muslim symbols engraved into it
>Therefore blonde-haired, blue-eyed PAWGs traveled thousands of miles in search of BBC
That is a BIGLY outrageous and hysterical leap in reasoning. There's 0 genealogical evidence for that conclusion, let alone any historical precedent whatsoever. This is outright government revisionism and civil re-engineer of public conscious and history.

Really, this is the conclusion they come to?

Thoroughly cucked.

How does it make more sense that the women travels to middle east for partners instead of just some guy trading it for something and giving it to his gf

WE WUZ

Reasoning based on historical precedent doesn't suit their hysterical narrative.

Literally all it means is a ring found it's way into Scandinavia, not that they were closely interacting civilizations lmao

this DESU. I wonder how they came to that conclusion

Swedish men used to sell their women into slavery for trinkets. It is a common fact that most viking raids were slaving raids (they took whenever they could get their hands on, and that included people). They used the men as slave labour and sold the women to Muslims. If they defeated a nearby tribe of fellow swedes they'd enslave them and do as they'd please...

Muhammad had a red haired wife. It wouldn't be hard to believe that he bought her from a swede.

Yea did we forget that the Vikings straight up murdered everyone they came in contact with?

VI VAR MUSLIMER OCH SKIIIIT

some viking killed a muslim and made his jewels into a ring

>found in Sweden

Not even surprised.

>Traded
More like raided. Norse, Varangiansm, Normans & Rus etc. constantly raided and plundered Muslim lands.

SWADISH VAYKINS N'SHIEET

They traded slaves.

Literally a well documented fact.

i guess its looted from al-andalus

>some Viking bit off Achmeds ring finger while raiding in Spain

Yeah, close contact the way prison rape is close contact

lafmao no whitey, your grandkids will be wiped out in a maoist style genocide. If you're lucky, some of the females will survive as concubines to their brown masters.

Scientists discover the Crusades.

>be viking
>sail coast
>pillage and rape at every stop
>euro, brit, maybe even american native or Mediterranean
>viking not care, as long as its in reach and can be pillaged
Might be some scandi-arab rapebaby out there somewhere

You're nuts if you think any brown people were really migrating up there voluntarily, if you're lucky there might of been a few captives brought back

"I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. Refugees have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings them together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things."

Every time.

>O'Connor
Pure ((((coincidence)))), I'm sure.

Pretty sure they got it while raping and pillaging some sandniggers.

more than likely it was part of the war chest of some faggy european country that got passed around with other shit and stolen by vikings later

probably comes from constantinople originally

A fucking leaf.

Vikings sold prisoners as slaves, not their own people. Also red hair is/was not common at all in sweden.

he who controls history controls the future. fake history.

this. obvious globalist shills trying to push an agenda.

The more sensible concept is that the world was highly connected and conducted civil trade amongst each other. Something that would be sensible, practical, and peaceful currently instead of bombing the shit out of countries and forcing them to migrate to a culturally incompatible country. Then again i'm not a twisted globalist so maybe it makes sense to me.

IMO, they're pushing this agenda way to hard. Something far bigger than just globalization is afoot. Something tells me they're prepping for war or a major destruction event and are literally forming little Noah's arks within enclaves around the world.

Something like the middle east flooding and becoming prime land would make sense. Or attempting to prop up capitalistic systems via artificial popular growth through mass immigration.

Something serious is afoot.

Uh, yeah. Don't you remember that movie 13th Warrior? It's a true story.

these globalists just cant stop making shit up can they

>"close multicultural contact"
>what is trade

>Yankee education

No, they're saying WHITE WIMMIN immigrated to SAUDI ARABIA and TURKISTAN in search of bullcock because Avenue was too busy raping British whores in the Isles to take care of his bitch.

they raided in the mediterranean which had a lot of muslims back then, its very likely something that was taken from one of those raids

Vikings raided the Black sea, Eastern Med, and even the Caspian user. They carried their longships betweem the Russian rivers and regularly went from Scandi to Persia. No joke:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_expeditions_of_the_Rus'

Vikings also served in the Byzantine Empire as Varangian guard and mercenaries in wars against Arabs. Vikings were regularly at war with Muslims and raiding Muslims throughout their history.

>Vikings sold prisoners as slaves, not their own people.
What happens when they'd imprison one of their own people? Did they have special swedes only prisons?
>Also red hair is/was not common at all in sweden.
But it was common in the places that vikings raided...

Swedes have always been sub human savages... Nothing of value was lost when the immigrants began to invade a couple years ago.

Not """"close"""" for hysterical commies.

**Sven

Fuck phoneposting.

>Also red hair is/was not common at all in sweden.
Vikings kidnapped Irish as slaves and imported red hair into their genetic stock. Scandis now how highest % of red hair outside Ireland/Britain and a few Finnic tribes.

>>tfw my gf has this anime body

>Swedes sold whites they captured to the muslims
>Ring probably belonged to a slaver who went to meet them to inspect the goods or someone bought it on their trips.
>vikings were the scum of the earth back then and apparently still today.

FUCK SWEDEN

And what are you exactly? What is you genetic makeup?

Superiority breeds jealousy.

I wonder who found that ring?

>what is trade

just because the goods made it to Scandinavia doesn't mean the people who made them did.

Full blooded Anglo. We ruled the world while you swarthy cunts were busy freezing to death in your arctic hellholes.

Tears stream out of Odins eye from knowing what has become of the land of Upsala.

Which made us strong. Also i bet you have some scandi or finnish in you.

it's like an onion article. this timeline has things switched up. news is satire here.

AYO

WE WUZ VIKINGZ N SHIT

kek. Nice try ahmed

Does nobody know about the Muslim adventurer who traveled to the Viking lands back then?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan

>Your kids will meditate in school.

That would be better than the brainwashing desu.

Or even the more absurd assumption that the women traveled to Middle East to get blacked.

sauce goddamnit

Top kek to everyone posting in this thread who didn't even bother to read the article

LOL FUCKING SHILLZ

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k

>Engraved ring found in Sweden suggests close multicultural contact between Viking Age Scandinavians and Islamic civilisation

>one fucking ring
Yeah, ok kid

LOL this. basically the story is "omg see, Islam deserves to have a home in Sweden!" What a joke.

Good video related to thread:
archive.is/jnbca
Secrets of the Viking Sword
Viking trade and exploration gave them knowledge of crucible steel

>Scandinavian women often traveled to Middle East and Africa in search of partners
fake facts

Well... there is that whole Y-DNA haplogroup IJ thing

> close multicultural contact

Brievik did nothing wrong. Every single marxist retard needs to be splattered. Their women, and their children too.

OP is a lying faggot

>"It is therefore possible that seagoing Scandinavians could have brought back items from Islamic traders who were in the same part of the world."

Because it's not possible that the ring was exchanged from North Africa to Spain then to France then to Germany then to Denmark and then to Scandanavia right in a series of exchanges?

I mean the only conceivable hypothesis here is clearly the one that this """"totally unbiased and independant"""" article is pushing.

Vikings raped and pillaged their way through many a nation. That's why you can find their genetic traces all over - certain slovene bloodlines show excessive R1a haplogroup percentages to the point where some of them can be counted as ethnic scandinavians.

If we're going to claim "common cultural heritage" with every artifact we find in viking graves the fucking Iroquois native americans stand to get that moniker too.

The Byzantine emperor hired them to slaughter muzzies.

He heard of their ferocity from like 2000km away and brought them over.

It had few owners because he drove an axe into the face of the guy who owned it not because he got it as a gift while Achmed plowed his wife, as Sweden would like to believe.

Fucking lol

Yeah, it's not like Vikings were known to be avid looters or anything.

There are any number of reasons that ring came into viking possession, jumping to "they were fwends" is just sheer delusion given what we know about vikings.

>multicultural contact b
As in they killed a shitskin for it.

That's called spoils of war.

Literally the plot to 13th Warrior. Arab ambassador goes to talk to Vikings. They treat him like a weakling. Hijinks ensue.

>ring confirms thing we already know
>but it actually conveniently proves our modern ultracucked biases
Old news, but still stupid.

Nigger you're so fucking late to the party I don't even need to scroll down. Checkem

This again?

>Scandinavian women often traveled to Middle East and Africa in search of partners.
Because women traveling unaccompanied to foreign lands was the done thing in the 1700's

>be viking
>go raping and pillaging
>travel to brown people land to go rape and pillage there
>push their shit in and take their shiny things after boning their women and eating their goats
>come back home to women that stayed in the village
>give my bitch shiny brown people things
>receive pussy

Disregard my last I'm a total faggot, nobody should ever be discouraged for sharing information they think is important.

>the vikings
>known for sailing around europe raping and pillaging
>known for their religion and gods which also raped and pillaged
>known for being well groomed and for having an eye for fine jewelry like any european race
>viking bull nigger kills a shitskin and sees he has a sweet ass ring
>SIF WILL LOVE THIS he thought
>gives it to his pure aryan valkyrie waifu
>she wears it until her dying day

>3000 years later
>mona sees a few notches in the ring
>THIS CLEARLY SAYS FOR ALLAH
>hmm but why would our ancestors, known for conquering shit have this ring?
>CLEARLY ITS BECAUSE OUR WOMEN SAILED TO IRAN FOR DICK

odin is fucking screaming somewhere

>IRAN
>Shitskin
pick one plz

Exactly. They traded and learned from the moors. Hell they even adopted their metal forging techniques.

Sven was a c-uck then just as he is now. Vikings used to share wives with each other and even were known for letting their wives fuck respected guests they were hosting and raising their wives sons by those men.

>PAGAN """Culture"""

"Common wives" were a thing. Google it. Wish I was joking.

Some vikings stole it. I guarantee it.

wasn't it the rus who traded with the sandniggers and scandis so often sandnigger goods made their way up north because of the rus?