Is Sup Forums safe from (anti) net neutrality

Will independent websites such as this survive the repeal of net neutrality?
Could the big IPs such as Comcast and COX block or throttle sites that post disagreeable material?

youtube.com/watch?v=rJMfS34jWaE

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/isps-wont-have-to-follow-new-rule-that-protects-your-data-from-theft/
youtube.com/watch?v=RWoxUvWHtB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Admit that you never read the bill and that you're a faggot for commenting on a subject you know nothing about, and then perhaps I will consider engaging in conversation with your retarded ass.

no

Didn't think so. Stay retarded. It suits you.

You have already shown to be someone incapable of civil debate. Your opinions mean nothing to me.

/ignored

I only debate with people who understand the subject matter. You think "net neutrality" is good because it has a pretty name. People like you are cancer.

>Government manufactures "problem"
>Government solves "problem" by giving themselves more power
>The unthinking majority (such as yourself) eats it up and begs them for more.

Why are you still here? Your words are garbage and hostile. You will never convince someone to your side because you are terrible and corrosive in debate.

Ok here is the fact of the matter:
>Google and Netflix bow down to ISP overlords
>ISP overlords control everything, become very lazy
>Jewgle and friends find a new way to make shekels by selling data, make a killing
>ISP jews notice, and want in
>Jewgle and friends are now powerful enough to institute legislation to prevent the ISPs from cutting into their data selling industry
>NN is thus created

If you think otherwise, you are retarded.

Everybody here is already on his side dipshit. Get informed on the issue.

>leaf

Still not reading your greentext. In fact I am more prone to believe in net neutrality from your hostility.

0/10

what does data selling have to do with net neutrality?

You have to be retard if you fear that ISP's will start blocking content when there is no increase in expenses.
The problem is not in private companies, and even less of a problem will be in the future when anyone could launch a satellite, the problem is the government blocking webs (and its happening right now, but you don't give a rat ass cause is for the common good).

Canada does not speak for everybody.

you realize this is monopolizing of the internet as a n actual volume of nothing being something..

Hey look, it's another person who has never read the bill. This one even has a cool story that never happened since the creation of the internet. Really makes you think.

Again
>Manufacture "problem"
>Government solves "problem" by giving themselves more power
>Retards don't realize that the entire point of this is to give (((bureaucrats))) more control over the internet - one fake outrage at a time

this
people are so quick to give the state control over the net, because they're fucking sheep
a private ISP would be killing itself by doing shit like that

This. Anyone in favor of (((net neutrality))) is either an idiot or a shill.
Sup Forums currently exists without net neutrality.
Govt wants net neutrality and so do all the liberal msm idiots.
I'll take my chances with the corporations over the F fucking CC.

>government blocking webs

Like what? I thought only Faggot China does that and Niggertube. Both are easy to get around. Do you mean like Nips blocking Western IP's or shutting down websites?

gov enforced net neutrality is what's giving us state sanctioned monopolies like google and facebook
just look at where the money goes
these big ass companies love net neutrality

Maybe it's just me, but I've found the logo of the FBI in a lot of websites.

The number of American poster will decrease nothing better could happen for the board

Yes it will because it's been fine from the beginning of the internet

Found the pedo

Net neutrality means that ISP's are not allowed to fuck your downloads or slowing/stopping you from going to a website like Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums currently exists without net neutrality.

You fucking idiot, without it it means YOU CAN BE STOPPED BY YOUR ISP TO EVEN LOOK AT Sup Forums. You fucking things need to die, you're underage and do not understand this law. Look it up faggot.

Possibly, but if the government is in charge it definitely will.

it means they can, not that they will
it also means they can and will charge netflix (((soros))) and facebook (((zuckerberg))) for the ridiculous amount of traffic they put on their systems
the odds they use it on a Mongolian throat singing board are low, and I trust private companies to leave me be way more than the government

You're the idiot. You actually think the FCC would be unbiased.
Every single bureaucracy in the United States government is now arrayed against anyone not in lock step with the globalist agenda. Do you seriously believe the FCC won't try to take advantage of their power the moment they get control of the internet???
How are you so blind to think that the FCC is a superior option to the current situation? None are ideal, but we know what the US govt does against the citizens when it gains power over something; it uses it against us. PERIOD.

Wikileaks, streaming sites in foreign languages, and even some third party shit from a divorce settlement.

What are you talking about? What power does the government actually get?

They don't gain the ability to censor materials more from Net Neutrality, they just prevent ISPs from being able to pick favorite websites in terms of internet speed

In short, the worst case scenario is a situation where the ISPs have a vested interest in censoring information that hurts other businesses owned by the ISP investors

Why shouldn't ISPs be allowed to do so? Because information is something we generally acknowledge is a right for the people to have. If the ISP owners get to pick and choose what info you get, then they're basically supra-geographic corporate governments since most people need internet to interact with modern society and the economy and don't necessarily always get a choice of a competitor to switch to

Imagine if Trump starts to Jew the country out hardline, but the administration doesn't want you to know. They'd ask Comcast and the others to stop the internet access to the websites that report on it. And they'd do it because they have a vested interest in keeping the GOP in power

Okay, I understand where you're coming from. I'm just worried that people just don't understand the whole law behind it. It's a touchy subject that alot of people can only see the wrong behind it and not how it can work for them.

That level of understanding is reddit-tier. So cringey.

But why wouldn't they?

I mean isn't it better to be able to know what they're doing, to be able to read about Jewery being done by your leaders or corporations?

Why hamstring yourself as an informed consumer?

Half of congress never read the bill.

I will say that, if the net neutrality was altered so that the only differences allowed are for type of data passed through (streaming vs non-streaming being the big one), I'd be fine with it. Maybe people will actually try to read new sources in full rather than watch NowThis videos all the time

My only concern is that letting ISPs censor on political lines would push leftist elite to invest in ISP and we basically get a country with two thoroughly curated streams of information with no way to access each other

Two countries as brainwashed as North Korea living within each other

You're making false claims like you did with Sup Forums not have NN. Provide evidence that the FFC would go full big brother with it or censor websites.

They do some slight alteration but the unusual idea is that the censoring of the FCC would be mutually exclusive from the censoring of the ISPs

You would be caught up in a misinformation war that you're not even aware of.

Saging your concern trolling.

What does Sup Forums say about net neutrality?

>welcome to Sup Forums, chaotic enemy of states everywhere
>give the government control over internet lol

It will only affect Netflix and YouTube. The net neutrality hysteria was created by the left and funded by Netflix and Google, both companies stand at a loss were the laws to change because their high bandwidth demands would make them pay more for Internet. Thanks to them not having dedicated nodes the rest of the Internet has to suffer slower speeds and congested lines.

net neutrality = big companies like comcast and verizon can do whatever

>your words are hostile
>on Sup Forums
what did this nigger mean?

?

They're called Internet providers

Then why have they been forced to not throttle websites due to net neutrality?

Are you retarded?

Under net neutrality they have to treat all traffic equally why would I trust my ISP to be fair?

That works fine until some petition is launched threatening to run ISP's through the mud for allowing users to access racist evil neonazi websites and they cuck.

Be patient with him hes new and retarded.

hmm.. You can either put your trust into one of many ISPs who have yet to betray it or put all of the power into the hands of a few scheming bureaucrats in Washington DC.. The fact that you think #2 is better is why leafs are isolated to a snowy tundra.

This is a completely retarded interpretation of the topic.

>"ISPs will totally do something they've never done before even though they could have done it all along for no real reason even though it would hurt their business! Better give the government ultimate power over my Internet, because the Internet only gets better as the government interferes with it and regulates it! I'm not at all suspicious as to why every major corporation is shilling this shit at me!"

>You can either put your trust into one of many ISPs who have yet to betray it
>who have yet to betray it

you're not just a good goy, you're probably the best goy.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/isps-wont-have-to-follow-new-rule-that-protects-your-data-from-theft/

The end of net neutrality means that ISPs would be charging HD streaming services like vudu and netflix. They do not give a single fuck about the nature of the content you're looking at as long as they're not liable

IM SURE THE IDEA THAT ISPS OWN MY SEARCHES IS SO GOOGLE CAN BETTER MAKE SEARCH RESULTS TAILORED TO (((ME))) MY INTERNET ASSOCIATION

AND EVERY DUMB QUESTION ABOUT SHIT I LIKE THEY TRY TO GET OUT OF ME,

MORE IS .. WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN.

>Sup Forums currently exists without net neutrality.
actually the system we're under now is literally net neutrality, way to be retarded

>all this ISP shilling
>same guy in every thread
How much are they paying you to shill this hard shlomo?

>You can either put your trust into one of many ISPs
lmao in america most places literally have either only one or two choices of ISP, you retarded shill

>copy pasted answer
You've been exposed kikeboy.

the problem is shit like valve
STEAM FUCK gabe newell
be me
>buy fps team fortress
>gabe newelll gets jealous greedy and says people stole his (xbox) achievements
>steals game from buyers, puts hats in it and gives it out for free
>says hats are fun, and sharable
>wants yourpersonal info now cause of (((VALUE)))

I screenshotted when they cahnged the shit up to say this
BUT this SHIT never had value, they have made this WHOLE THING UP.

THEYU supply the value and money to it, and trick others into gambling
Thats wht it is cause noone wants it
picture related
>slotmachine.jpg

Lmao look at this idiot

>yet to betray it
lelmao

You got that backwards

We currently have net neutrality you bumbling retard. This is burger education in a nutshell. I feel bad for the sad state of my own countrymen.

>ISPs get big enough, that he can force monoploies at local level

Its people with power, using power nothing new.

Yeah... there's blatant astroturfing going on in every heavy traggic site because the FCC is getting heat over the comment oddities. Anti-NN is poison to a thriving online market.

Private companies aren't bounded by the first amendment. Stop acting like a private monopoly wouldn't censor just as much as the FCC would want to and get away with it.

>one of many
>yet to betray

yea like how they took over the creeks(((epa))) and banned goldmining andallthis shit
then went to close off some mine and fuckedup the river for like 20years by letting it dumpout
CAUSE THEY DIDNT GIVE A SHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=RWoxUvWHtB4

BUY THIS NIGGGGGGERS