Do you agree with this? Why or why not?

Do you agree with this? Why or why not?

Also, what's your general view of the homeless?

Other urls found in this thread:

99percentinvisible.org/episode/unpleasant-design-hostile-urban-architecture/
youtube.com/watch?v=tpzgzGH3MLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOL

Why is it a business owner's job to find a house for the homeless? Nothing wrong with putting up spikes to keep them off your property, it scares away customers and is a legitimate safety issue, many homeless are mentally unstable.

they're degenerate fags,

There are a bunch of people in SF who are WILLINGLY homeless. They all live in Golden Gate park and beg for pizza

Harvest them for organs, refresh our rich. Homeless are leeches on and detriment to society.

I own a business. The last thing I want is disgusting drug addicts scaring people from coming in the front door. It's just more evidence that the left hates the idea of private property.

I live in Portland and have to put up with their (actual) shit just about daily.

Fuck
Them
All
To
Death

Fuck the homeless. They literally treat the streets like it's India.

I slept in goldengate park for a month in 2014, it was a good time

Eugene here

if you have to do this.. or you even have to think about doing this.. then your government is prolly fucked up, however these days its so easy to convince the people to spend money on anything so whatever...

In a land of welfare and shelters for the homeless, the only homeless people are sick psychotic fucks that got kicked out of apartment buildings and shelters because they started fights with everyone.

Fuck them. They deserve to suffer.

You know what would solve the homeless problem
Hundreds of thousands of refugees

> sleeping in GGP
fuckin leaf, everytime.

not sharp enough m8

>Also, what's your general view of the homeless?

We should eat them

It just shows again how the left is more concerned with the leeches (their only voting base) than the actual producers in this country.

They would turn America into Venezuela in under 4 years.

Nice shit post you northern rodent

you expect to enlist empathy for the poor and homeless here? you'll mostly find self-proclaimed nationalist libertarians here, proclaiming support for the god, country and military, but no one here will house a homeless vet. get that shit outta here.

hey kraut, correct me if im wrong, but dont you guys have hostels for a hundred euros a month.
how is anyone in krautistan homeless, they could make a living just recycling cans and bottles

Have you met any OP? Some of them can be crazy and violent. Personally I try to avoid them as much as possible. I don't shop in areas consistent with them.

I would rather have hobos sleeping under bridges than my back yard.

Many of them refuse to accept apartment when it's offered to them. Some of them like to suffer and some do stupid decisions.

Homeless people drive away people from businesses to the point that sich spikes are economical. If people didn't avoid the homeless, it wouldn't be an issue. Wanna bet on whether or not the sort of person that gets outraged by businesses on facebook avoids the homeless becaude I'd bet they do.

You don't own the underpass. Rather, your taxes pay for those ugly ass spikes(that in some cases had to be removed because they caused a public hazard). So, would you rather have a cop patrol the mall and homeless dude sleeping 10 blocks away at night, or no cop and the homeless guy break into a random house to sleep.

uhh, not canada

better check that source

canada has not nor will ever mistreat the homless or anyone else for that matter

we are truly progressive country and we wouldnt do this in a million years

more like the statesibet they meant the states lol stupid typo
idiots

>Homeless people drive away people from businesses to the point that sich spikes are economical.

[citation needed]

There will always be homeless people, no matter if you hand every one of them a million dollars or not. If anything, if you end up handing out money to the homeless, you might actually end up with people becoming and staying as such just for the free money... such is the case in sweden, for example.

That's an extreme version of what all cities do. It's a field of design that doesn't really have a name but observers have started calling "unpleasant design" or "hostile design." It's the art of making spaces subtly hostile and unwelcoming. They make rails too high to lean on, stairs too low to sit on, planters and ledges too narrow for anyone to want to linger.

Once you read about this stuff you'll start to see it everywhere.

99percentinvisible.org/episode/unpleasant-design-hostile-urban-architecture/

bruh did you hear about the 2 people that got stabbed today on the max? freaky shit it happening here

mostly true but there are exceptions

that being said, we have a lot of shelters and enough places where homeless people are 'welcome', so I don't see a problem with putting spikes up in some areas where they would just be a nuisance

>install anti-homeless spikes
>walk around downtown
>trip over can bum would have picked up
>impale head on random ground spike and die

If they didn't they wouldn't be worth placing there.

>have to import mudslimes to solve job problem
>but muh homeless

So either there's an abundance of available jobs and homeless are worthless or there's not an abundance of jobs. we should care about homeless people, and importing shitskins is wrong

>letting homeless people who are often intoxicated under an overpass in the middle of the road.
What could possibly go wrong? Ofc they should be allowed to sleep there.

i saw a bum shit in the middle of a shopping center during the middle of the day. i thought it was a dream and i was in india but it was not a dream. this homeless piece of shit is turning my country third world.

This is actually not inhuman enough. Homeless "people" should be sent to labor camps or exterminated.

>work hard for years under a boss who hates you
>eventually get enough money to go into business for yourself
>buy a shop
>work even harder making that shop a great place
>it goes well for a while
>eventually, a homeless guy starts hanging out by your business
>feel really bad for him since he's sleeping on the cold hard ground
>offer to take him to a shelter but he refuses, he just wants change
>more homeless people start hanging out
>you can see your customers are visibly unnerved by the homeless near your shop
>ask them to leave but they won't
>they're pissing on the side of your building, shitting out back, rummaging through dumpsters, and leaving shopping carts full of trash everywhere
>customers slowly stop coming to your shop because it's dangerous
>one brave customer tries to come to your shop but gets mugged by the homeless
>now nobody is coming to your shop
>try every legal means to get rid of the homeless but the police won't do shit and installing spikes is illegal because it's "cruel"
>lose your business because of the homeless
>try to go back to your old job, can't
>now you're homeless

Hey but at least you can sleep on the ground at night because they can't do anything to get rid of you, right?

>be homeless
>lay down some garbage plywood 2x4's
>have personal sleeping island
>cops have to cross your spike moat to move you on

If even 1/50 people batching about this put their money and time where their mouth was, homelessness wouldn't be an issue

Homeless people should just fuck off and die. They clearly couldn't handle life and we don't need to put up with their shit all the time. They are a genetic dead end AND aren't contributing to society. They are more useless than niggers.

Cancer to society.

Only proper solution is eradication.

Hey you got some change so I can catch the bus, takes a big drink of vodka, slams some dope in the Mc'donalds restroom, ods, leaves a rig for a person to get stuck.

Just carry around an extra blanket and use spikes to hold carboard wind breakers

Those spikes aren't sharp enough. On the day of rope, I'll be hosing down all the hobo camps in Seattle with a belt fed.

Being poor doesn't hurt Enough.

> Mr. Carson explained in an interview, means not giving people “a comfortable setting that would make somebody want to say: ‘I’ll just stay here. They will take care of me.’”

i am very calm and fine with such shit in USA. it is part of american freedom and democracy when some owner shit on his land and feeds it to every trespasser. ammericans have to suffer for their freedom. the more they do it the better it is.

You know whats unpleasant? Having a bunch degenerates doing nothing but standing around and eyeballing people in the street.

>if antifa wasn't needed, they wouldn't exist

If homelessness is a serious problem in an area, that needs to be addressed in some way. Instead of just kicking the can down the road. I don't know exactly what the solution to that problem without specifics. But the spikes create another problem like I said, a public hazard. I don't want to trip and be impaled on a spike that might have prevented some poor fuck camping out in front of a high end shopping mall.

Don't be retarded and trip.

>try every legal means to get rid of the homeless but the police won't do shit and installing spikes is illegal because it's "cruel"
This is the problem right here.
Your only recourse is basically hiring private security (just a "i wanna hit something" kind of guy to disperse the homeless) but the thing is YOU pay for it, so the homeless are already doing damage to your business, either by driving your clients away or by making you hire private security.

They need to be first

I did. Still no word on the suspect's ID. My bets were on either tweaker or pissed off other minority, but that bitch Eudaly has already made a heartfelt statement condemning hate and bigotry.

This.

Cities in England and Canada provide free health care, free mental health care, free food, free housing, free employment services and literally free money.

If a person chooses to be a degenerate drug addict or alcoholic, that's fine. The rest of us sharing society with him shouldn't be under any obligation to put up with him ruining our environment and becoming an (often dangerous) hazard and eyesore.

>They don't want to solve the problem

The next step is forced incarceration or culling. Both of which are worse than the above mentioned spikes.

>A lack of humanity

They literally get treated better than they deserve to. The sentiments expressed in the macro are those of a stupid or ignorant person.

If these spikes are in places like the U.S. or third world countries, I can't speak to the problem. But he literally cites the U.K. and Canada, which like Australia, only has a "homeless" problem because people choose to be homeless or are so irreparably degenerate that they can't function in even the lowest, most base forms of human community but also are unable to be in institutionalized care, because the facilities that could handle them were shut down by leftists and liberals.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpzgzGH3MLM

>ban corners because I might bump into them
>ban anything that might pose a hazard if I trip
>please babyproof the world
Are you this delusional?

Eventually through prolonged exposure the homeless may develop tougher hides and become immune to anti-homeless defense spikes.

All homeless should be rounded up and destroyed now while they're still soft and vulnerable.

>Cities in England and Canada provide free health care, free mental health care, free food, free housing, free employment services and literally free money.
>free
No such thing, friendo. But I get what you're saying and you raise a very very strong point. If even in societies where the homeless are given EVERY opportunity they still fail, maybe the problem isn't the way they're treated, but the homeless themselves.
I hate how people treat the homeless as babies with no agency or responsibility.
>awww but they're HOMELESS! we HAVE to help
>how did they get homeless? why don't they help themselves?
>OMG YOU'RE A LITERAL NAZI
>you might be right, but not because of my stance on the homeless.

I'm not acknowledging your analogy.

Addressing the homelessness in a city isn't the duty of private businesses. If you would rather do business in areas with droves of homeless due to a fear of impalement, that's your choice.

>live in Santa Monica
>over 9000 homeless people in the city
>doubt any of them are actually from here
>everywhere you go you see filthy smelly bums sitting on the street, sleeping in doorways, ambling about yelling incoherently
>get begged for money 100 times a day
>place is turning into fucking Paris
>rich tourists are totally clueless and give them money
>sometimes tell them to fuck off and don't feed the homeless invasion

Can we just sweep all vagrants into a containment camp and then deport the illegal immigrants, and send the rest back to their last known city of residence?

The spikes are there to remove the homeless people. So you don't have to worry about them breaking into your home. Cops already patrol suburbia and urban living areas.

The spikes (we have variations here) are a complete success. The city of Melbourne didn't utilize such measures (because "muh compassion") and eventually the riot squad had to go in and clean our their criminals sleeping on the streets, which was even more unpleasant to do.

They also moved from capping ledges and rails to putting down bumped concrete in urban areas here to deter skateboarders. Less for safety and more because they were committing violence and vandalism and attracting street people. They complained, while at the same time having millions spent on building them facilities.

I think most of them now just sort of accept dealing with security and the like as part of the culture. But that doesn't mean the cities should be under any obligation to ignore the problems they cause. It's not fair for other people, especially the tax payers. That's the rub of having to live in shared spaces.

Two of the examples are outside businesses.

And homeless enclaves surrounded by roads are bad, both for the drivers, and the homeless.

Yes, putting rich and poor together only leads to more problems, just like mixing the lesser races with whites.

You can understand the shops doing it, because they are private business and need to sell and create an image to lure customers but the public bridges?! Maybe it has gone a bit too far.

>If homelessness is a serious problem in an area, it needs to be addressed in some way

It is, via spikes.

>Kicking the can down the road

They tend to kick them back up the road into the public housing that they abandoned because they were subletting to other crack heads.

>A public hazard.

Usually not. The ones here aren't spiked, they're balls or just uncomfortable concrete or bollard style systems.

The danger of injuring yourself on them is far outweighed by the danger of being raped or robbed by the sort of wretched criminals who sleep in the street.

>Maybe it has gone a bit too far.
How has it gone too far?

Me too
Live next to Thomas Jefferson park.
Woke up a homeless bitch on my porch with my shotgun the other day.

Why would the city take such measures?
What is the reason?
A business would do that cause it wants more customers not be intimidated by the homeless by why is the city doing it?

This is what you need to know about homelessness:

1. Most homelessness in the United States is the result of mental illness or is short-term. Poverty has nothing to do with it. I don't know about Europe, though; I presume there homelessness is due to the same things plus being subhuman gypsy or shitskin scum.

2. There is less homelessness than most statistics imply. Frequently studies consider people who are living in other people's homes to be homeless. Any sane person will tell you this is bullshit and that homelessness is when you don't have roof over your head. This means it isn't as big a problem as people think.

3. You hear a lot more about homelessness from the Media when a republican is in office. "News" about homelessness is a leftist psyop.

if it wasn't for welfare, disability, and cuck parents, half of Sup Forums would be homeless.

Free for the recipient. Not free for the community. I thought that obviously inferred.

People here often cite mental illness as the reason they are homeless. However we have "free" housing and care facilities for the mentally ill. What they are doing in conflating criminality and drug and alcohol abuse with "mental health".

Our homeless here are all hardcore meth or heroin abusers or severe drunks who are used to the street "lifestyle".

Australia is pretty cutthroat and capitalistic. They don't make your life easy. But we have a large social safety net that keeps even garbage human beings off the street, if only to stop them being a criminal element there.

Most drug addicts and criminals here are able to keep themselves together just enough to live comfortable enough lives in public housing and on the dole.

There are a few who can't. I have a family member who is often homeless. He can't live in public housing because he is not old enough to apply for himself (his parents are not poor and do want him at home, and even if he managed to convince them they didn't, he would be in foster care or a home) and because he is a chronic thief and dangerous, no family members outside of his parents want him living with them anymore. He's a meth addict, unapologetic, and would prefer to sleep on the street and steal than stop using meth and live at home.

All you can do with someone like that is forced incarceration, which he will not willingly submit to.

Business owners and other urban dwellers have every right to not want him sleeping in their neighborhoods and it's entirely fair to move him on.

make being homeless worse so less people are content with being worthless leeches on society.

Homelessness in Europe has a lot to do with *all* the safety nets being used to prop up third world "refugees" and other immigrants.

Europeans freeze to death in the street while Arabs get housing and cash allowances.

This.
Imagine being a guy on a motorbike and getting wrecked and flying across those spikes. Fuck.

this

You are missing the point. Bottom line is that if I was homeless I would pile cardboard boxes around me to protect form the spikes before I would walk to another city that doesn't have the spikes. They seem to me as technically and functionally flawed.

Perhaps there is a difference in perspective. I live in an area without those spikes but is basically in a permanent economic recession. I don't ever see homeless people camping in the awnings outside the malls. Maybe we just aren't bothered by the gruff looking guys because this is Montana. Every other fifth person looks like they could be homeless.

Is weather or general environment a problem for homeless people in Australia? From what little I know is that you don't get all that much deadly weather but you have some very shitty wildlife to contend with.

>Why would the city take such measures?
>What is the reason?
Both very good questions, my romanian friend. Try answering them yourself. Here is my take on it. As a Romanian you must be used to seeing gypsies everywhere (no, I'm not making fun of you but you have one of the largest gypsy minorities in the world). A city is an environment paid for by its inhabitants (not paid for by homeless). The homeless are a cesspool of crime, violence and drugs. Any public space, which is paid for by the citizen (much like the private business owner) is paid for to be safe.
As a lot of homeless gather under bridges, why not take that away from them instead of letting them gather there?

You are missing the point, just because you would endure the discomfort and deal with the spikes doesn't mean 100% of homeless people would stick around where the city doesn't want them.

>Is weather or general environment a problem for homeless people in Australia? From what little I know is that you don't get all that much deadly weather but you have some very shitty wildlife to contend with.

No. It's much better than Europe. Unless you're living somewhere crazy out of the way like Tasmania, it's considered "really cold" when it dips below 50 degrees for short periods of the year.

Homelessness is an urban problem, so no animals to worry about. Nearly all the violence they deal with comes from, you guessed it, other homeless.

>have homeless problem near store
>beat them up and pepper-spray them
>alternatively pour a bucket of water on them during winter.
>police come and fine you the equivalent of 25$
>repeat as needed until there are no more homeless

Nobody really gives a shit about the homeless

>get plywood and air mattress
>defeat gay little spikes
epic homeless troll

fpbp

They literally shit and leave dirty needles everywhere they stay

>You are missing the point.
The homeless sure won't with those spikes, kekkity.
No, but seriously, homeless building themselves "anti-spike" armor sound ridiculous considering the type of people you're talking about.
>I would walk to another city
Good, that's the point. What do you do once you get to that city and get the same treatment? And then everywhere else? Do you finally take responsibility for the absolute public toilet your life has become or keep expecting to be catered to by society for your own fuckup?
>what if I'm homeless because of a mental disability?
Would you agree for the government to round out the mentally disabled homeless and placing them in sanatoriums? I would.

it's true.

Pic related, its Japanbro in this thread with his type 38 bayonet for homeless dispersion.

Homeless are like a virus. You start with one under the bridge, then theres a couple tents, then suddenly the entirety of the accessible area under the bridge is a collection of trash, old mattresses, stolen tents, fires, rodents, and subhumans, who are harassing literally everyone who walks by for money, and occasionally mugging them, leaving used AIDS heroin needles everywhere, shoplifting, breaking into cars and sometimes houses, and generally shitting up the place while the city dumps more and more money into trying to "fix" them, but they don't want a job, or housing, or anything. They just want to be bums and once theyve stolen enough or panhandled enough, to buy more booze and drugs.

This used to be a park. Now its unsafe to walk in the area because of the needles, and you would be a dumbass to park your car in blocks, because you'll get your window broken and they'll take everything down to the car battery and tires to sell, given enough time. At least they tend to leave people alone in this state, since enough people carry guns around here.

England and Canada? Aren't we welfare nations? Why don't the homeless just go on welfare?

Overrode my pic from first part of post while too busy raging at the romak.

Just wait until some tard busts their head on one and sues.

Tualatin here, hate visiting Portland because it's basically walking through a minefield of crazy homeless people's and niggers, which are not mutually exclusive.

One tried to stop me and ask for money while I was running Hood to Coast through Portland, fuck that man go get a God damn job.

Bitch plz you wont stop me.

Man I love these memes that criticize shit without considering the alternative or even any alternative at all besides HOW COULD YOU DO THIS.

>homeless
>no help from family
>no help from friends
>no help from religious organizations
>no help from govt
These people aren't "homeless," which makes it sound like a passive condition one catches like a disease. They're fucking vagrants. And if they can't find help in our sick society where everyone is trampling over each other in an orgy of altruism and virtue signaling, something isn't adding up. Either they pissed off every person in their life, which means they're a piece of shit, or they have a drug problem. Given them money makes you an enabler. Vagrants need to be gassed.

holy shit

are all leafs actually this retarded

>place them in sanatoriums
Nah, thats too cushy. How about camps? Work will set them free.

I wish you wouldn't have woken up.

>implying all the homeless have those things
>implying they have any drive to acquire them
>implying it's not just easier to go elsewhere
burger logic

We need assisted suicide.

I played yakuza and the homeless were people that got bribed to disturb rival businesses.