Clean your room

As a lost millenial, who recently dug himself up from cannabis binge smoking accompanied by frequent anxieties, self diagnozed slight (read "pussy") depressions, feelings of complete meaninglessness of life and suicidal thoughts, I must say that this guy is really helping me to get my shit together.

At first i thought that he's just a shill on the other side of the barricade in these culture wars you guys are witnessing or taking part in in North America and i should look at his opinions from distance, liek i must to do here on this website to preserve some kind of sanity after reading some anti-sjw shitposts, but looking through his lectures I'm starting to almost worship him.

I was wondering if you guys agree with me. If you think, that his "philsophy", or let's say guidance and mentoring is legit/meaningful. Can you guys identify with my opinion or do you have some criticisms on him? Is he based or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Painted_Bird
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a good guy, but he'd probably be the first to tell you not to put too much stock in any one person as a personal savior. Once you get the gist of what he's trying to tell you, move on to the source materiel and draw your own conclusions.

I just started looking at his shit too man. I think he makes some good points and is worthy of some time.

Yes, I take him as a inspiration, more than a savior. I'm sure I am the maker of my personal happiness and it's impossible, that anybody else could be. Also I feel obligated now to start with Nietzsche and then Jung.

Is that yours library? I've read Orwell and Huxley as a teen and I tried Solzhenitsyn, but that shit was so ahrd to read. How long did it take you?

That's his collection that he tweeted when people asked for a JP starter kit. I've been reading Demons off and on for years, and man I don't care about russians.

>Bill Cosby
>Fatherhood

I just lost some respect for Peterson.

Oh I see, I'll try to follow it. Gulag interested me because of communist history of my country. I remember reading the first part. There I was, on cca 150th page and I'm reading 30 pages long list of bodycounts per year, which were communists reponsible for. Seemed boring to me that time, but I'm sure it's one of the best anti-authoritan books out there.
I'm sure it has a happy ending

I've only thumbed through it but it seems like a good place to start thinking about starting a family and the emotional maturity that goes with it.

Cosby is a sexpervert and The Painted Bird is literal jewish trick plagiarism but I don't think Peterson really cares.

That's his entire personal library, isn't it.

Very well said

he is great because he has a very deep and thoughtful analysis and counter to the social marxism that is going on, and the personal ills associated with modernity and the real affects on people which is resulting from social marxism and modernity.

because he comes from clinical psychology, he's dealt with real people and real problems, he also takes into account evolutionary affects, personality and some of the alt-science, but incoporates it properly, and also, although not calling out the jew, he is aware of the negative freudian psychotherapty and jew antipathy to our success and healthy life

who said that is Peterson's books?

>Fatherhoodis abestselling1986bookattributed toBill Cosbyand published byDoubleday & Company, Inc.The book wasghostwrittenbyhumoristRalph Schoenstein

His Harvard talk "Postmodernism and the mask of compassion" is the most bad 90 minutes academia has produced

I don't deny that he is wrong. I just don't know how to pull myself out of the shit I am in.

Could I blame my dad being a bit too nice with me? Maybe. Could I blame my mom? Absolutely.

I have the genes for gaining muscle. And I am 6 feet. I have borderline autism, which sucks. But I have the opportunities and I am wasting them away in depression.

It's like being stuck in your mind unable to act even tough taking out the trash is a 5 minute job. And it sucks cock.

Maybe I ought to go to a drill camp or something. Get the tears and cowardness beaten out of me until I get some courage to actually do something.

Dr. Peterson is awesome for so many reasons and I have upmost respect for him. I don't state that lightly.

He is beginning to resonate with so many young minds and his positive influence and in-depth study of what makes us tick is just what this world needs.

I was in the exact same position. Was smoking weed every day, not getting shit done, feeling depressed when I wasn't high. Started listening to him, quit smoking weed completely, cleaned my room, took control of my life, and I'm WAY happier. I've been really shocked how much of a difference that makes. Now, I just set little goals and keep working toward them rather than just letting life happen to me.

>If you think, that his "philsophy", or let's say guidance and mentoring is legit/meaningful. Can you guys identify with my opinion or do you have some criticisms on him? Is he based or not?

He's just a therapist that actually tells you what men and women should be like, because of nature. Post-modernists tells us otherwise, so no wonder we're confused.

The two discussions he's had with Joe Rogan were very very good. IDK if I'm going to go out and start reading Jung or anything, but I do agree with his general idea of sorting yourself out first.

Gonna go work on that right now.

>The Painted Bird

You know he author plagiarized the stories, right? It reads like it, too. You should get rid of the book, user.

He has a bad tendency to attribute things he doesn't like to postmodernism. I think he gets so lost in the weeds that everything becomes a battle for the soul rather than just dumb social trends.

Or maybe I should go to some boxing classes or something. Feel a real punch straight into my gut. I have not been in a fight my entire life. Maybe that could do it. Get some adrenaline and get pushed to the limit.

Baby steps user. It's not about taking out the trash, it's first about standing up

Being productive , even in small ways, is very rewarding.

It is either university education or fight clubs for you to fulfill your potential.

I already mentioned Kosinski's chicanery in this thread. They're his recommendations for crash-course totalitarian learning. Gulag Archipelago isn't exactly scholarly either, but they help frame your mind for the effects of an authoritarian state.

He's good. Better than any other Sup Forums tier prophet.

wht you dont seem to realize yet that literally every action (or non action) is indeed a battle for the soul and contribute either positively or negatively to your construction.

I think, if you're being serious, you should start literally with cleaning your room and keeping it clean. His advise is to make a well arranged system in your life. If you do that, it's going to be much easier to define your problems and therefore solving them
Thanks for the sweet feeling of identifying with you across the sea :^)

I cleaned my room and I'm still depressed.

Fuck this guy.

It's alright to view everything as a potential benefit or detriment, but the lecture that user was referencing comes across as a little unhinged and confirmation-biased.

Holy shit I looked that book up and it has everything, Jewish fraud and resentment, random sexual degeneracy for no reason, major Holocaust frauds like Elie Weisel endorsing it, even the classic Jewish defense: " It's true even if it's all a lie"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Painted_Bird

Fellow white friend.

You're not doing it right. My life has been getting increasingly better since I started cleaning my room. I got a job, I've started to paint, and I bake my own bread. Don't just clean your room, clean your soul.

>Jordan Peterson will never be your dad.

Closest think I had to a father was whoever mom was fucking this month.

Fair enough, I've yet to get to this talk so I can't speak on it.

Your father is in the whale. Rescue him.

I've heard most of the 2nd one, gonna listen to the 1st one too. I wish you good luck in your pursuit of happiness, bro

At the bottom of the sea

listened to maps of meaning yet? it's an investment (like 10+ hours) but very interesting, worth it. He deconstructs the disney classic Pinocchio and the overarching themes that dominate our societal constructs

he does a lot of rambling and doesn't back up a lot of his assertions but yes a few of his messages are undoubtedly powerful and I can see why they resonate with the average user.

I'm still not done with all his basic lectures and podcast appearances.

I majored in this stuff for a hot minute before I switched to a real major so I'm a little burnt out on academics trying to codify the healthiest mindset to view the world. I wish I had someone like Peterson at school who wasn't obsessed with presenting everything in the most millennial-friendly format possible.