Wage gap and wealth disparity in the United States arguments

Wealth disparity/Wage Gap thread, what are some arguments for or against the financial bridge here in the United States. Is it wrong that the rich get richer while the poor receive less and less? Is it ok to tax the rich more because it would help the underclass?

Ok, but what does this argue? Wouldn't the country benefit more from giving more money to the lower and lower middle classes?

Immigrants start poor, we get more and more immigrants every year...

Eliminate pension plans, and social security retirement, enact a supper annuity OZ style.

DONE!

I don't think that's a very viable plan since so many elderly people rely on their social security retirement.

>tfw I have 130 IQ and clean houses

Feels really fucking bad man

They can go SSDI or SSI.
Fuck em, they had a good run, we need more 401k type opportunities, we have less than UK and OZ for fucksake!

Seperating retirement from welfare would make a lot of sense, and doesn't necessarily hurt poor people, but government might try to double the size of their total employers between the two agencies though.

Everybody has to start somewhere, and some smart people are horrible at finance/social skills or have slight disability like schizophrenia, or depression/anxiety

>Everybody has to start somewhere

Doesn't feel like it's easy to get out of this. I have a good degree, no disabilities, fairly good social skills. Endlessly cleaning houses doesn't feel like a start, it feels like a trap.

The only job offers I'm getting are actually worse than what I'm currently doing.

So fuck the people that made the country what it is right?

I think the OP is mentally retarded and needs to do more research on the bait she is casting out

I'm not baiting, I'm asking for arguments either for the wage gap or against it. I'm asking for peoples opinions on the matter you dunce.

>Tiger Benson

stop being a bitch, and start a janitor business.

There are multi billion dollar cleaning companies in the USA. You either sell your time for money, or try to sell other peoples time for more money, or sell a machine's time for money, or sell a widget, or suck the money off of the taxpayer.

they didnt make the country, that ponzi scheme started 70 years ago...

They started stealing from it then.

You either fix the problem NOW, or let it grow it a larger problem.

The fact that someone is richer than you isn't the problem, I have no issue with some richfag running around in a lambo or private heli. I just want everyone to be able to meet their minimum needs if they 'play the game'. If some idiot picks up a drinking habit and can't afford to make rent, that's his fucking problem and a problem for private charity. But imo, everyone who works hard should be able to have food and water and clothes and a place to sleep.
> inb4 get a better job
Some people are sub-80 IQ and will ever be able to meaningfully participate in the economy, what do you propose we do with them?

>suck the money off of the taxpayer.

sounds like the best option to me.

no, it's a ponzi scheme

solution

that is what SSI and SSDI are foor

SSI is around $850-$1100 a month. It requires that you have less than $2000 in assets (not including car, or house under $85,000 or so), and disabilities or children (it is the main Welfare program for meeting peoples needs)

We've set up a system that works so well because you are rewarded when you do well. However, it's almost worked too well and created destabilizing classes.

We have to address the wealth gap on both ends. First, we need to de-incentivize behaviors that lead poor people to being poor (like having kids) and find a way to tax wealth in a way the stops the wave of all wealth to the top, a serious estate tax, for example.

Shit ain't easy. It took me 6 years to get a permanent job that required my degree. I worked retail, sold cars, and did a bunch of contract work. Here's a tip, try getting into sales in the type of company you're actually interested in. Work hard and transfer to the position you want.

>Is it wrong that the rich get richer while the poor receive less and less?

Not necessarily. What should be the deciding factor between who is rich and who is poor is what those people are providing society at large and being remunerated for. The higher the demand of something, the more money you make.

>Is it ok to tax the rich more because it would help the underclass?

No. Robbing Peter to pay Paul doesn't solve the reasons poor people are poor in the first place. If you take money from the rich and give it to the poor, the poor will just continue to use the monopolistic services of the rich and the money will go right back to them. That's the best case scenario. If you put in roadblocks to ensure large amount of ruch people aren't being fairly remunerated for thier investment, they will simply leave the country and no one will be making anything.

You solve this problem by encouraging real free market capitalism (not corporatism), and educating people about how that system actually works instead of how to be a factory worker. Never give fish to the poor, give them rods and encourage them to fish for themselves to they develop some autonomy.

Working 10 years as a bartender, between different positions. Now work for a software company. Masters in Genetics. Keep fuckin trucking dude

>What should be the deciding factor between who is rich and who is poor is what those people are providing society at large and being remunerated for.

But I think the real question is whether that's what is driving the inequality today, which I don't think it is.

Rather it's that those that acquire power can use that to skew the system into their favor, which creates a feedback loop where they just have more and more control and ability to reward themselves disproportionate to their actual value to society.

Look at how much GDP growth has been in the financial sector. Do you really think people trading stocks in fractions of a second are adding value to society?

absolutely agree with this. It also helps that they dont reinvest the money but instead chose to hoard it offshore

No, it's not. You've identified one of the big problems in the U.S.

Many people think this calls for governmental regulation without realizing this is the fault of governmental regulation in the first place. The Pattern Day Trading rule was implemented to restrict non-wallstreet (aka normal people) from engaging in day trading:

>The SEC believes that people whose account equity is less than $25,000 may represent less-sophisticated traders, who may be less able to handle the losses that may be associated with day trades. This is along a similar line of reasoning that hedge fund investors typically must have a net worth in excess of $1 million. In other words, the SEC uses the account size of the trader as a measure of the sophistication of the trader. This rule essentially works to restrict less sophisticated traders from day trading by disabling the traders ability to continue to engage in day trading activities unless they have sufficient assets on deposit in the account.

Essentially, if you're not already a big spender, you don't get to take part in the high-risk, high-reward day trading. This rule keeps new blood from coming into the market, keeps what new blood that does come in in a situation where they are more easily controlled by wallstreet and helps cement the established people at the top. It disrupts the idea of fair competition, essentially.

Also worth nothing that the robots making investment decisions by the nanosecond are pretty much exclusively in use by established traders. Normal people don't have that kind of tech.

sam?

wrong. robots can't make proper investments. just short trades. too much chaos in the human run economy