How do you remember the early 2000s now?

How do you remember the early 2000s now?

Other urls found in this thread:

jweekly.com/2017/05/12/anti-semitic-homophobic-and-racist-slurs-at-piedmont-high-school/
emosong.ytmnd.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=p8IVONhSEY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was good, but the girls wear prettier shoes today.

I saw the memba berry episode today

>tfw 1998fag
I wish I'd known that time better. Seems a lot better than 2010s

Less superhero movies and they were actually fun. I cherish those times since I think with mass consumerism things move far too quickly, everyone is now just ready to hop onto the next fad or trend before the current has even had time to set in.

Lotr

social media and iphones weren't a thing. they have ruined everythign.

Yeah they were great times.

>Staying out after dark playing guns with the kids in the street with a toy M16
>Caches of toy weapons and chips, snacks hidden in the park shrubs

Did that now days some concerned left wing voting mother would call ASIO.

Kek
> tfw 1987fag feeling the same about 90's

It was really shitty honestly. Gangster/wigger culture rampant, everyone listening to Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent and bands like Korn and Papa Roach. Total dearth of listenable music IMO.

Fashion was similarly bullshit.

Internet culture was just really taking off, memes were YTMND tier. Kids started not playing outside.

Everyone was hating on Bush and the Iraq war in general because it was the trendy thing to do, everyone was searching for meaning and none came, then Obama and the 2008 crash happened and it was honestly just pure shit until now

>eminem
>korn
>shit bands

K mate. Go listen to cobain.

Oh yeah, and everyone and their mother was emo or goth.

Holy shit am I glad we're starting to shift gears

Nirvana was even worse

Everything sucked really

This is one of the few amazing things to come out of that whole decade

i don't remember much from my early 20's i was stoned most of the time.

just make sure to appreciate the time you have as much as you can. Youll be thankful later on in life.

I've felt dead since 9/11. Only once we avenge their deaths will I be able to move on

Don't remember much. Middle years of college were a blur

Yea when you look at the shoes they wore back then its like.. how did they wear that?

He was a sk 8 boy she said see you later boy. He wasn't food enough for her rrrrrr.

Also. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous they always complaining if money is such a problem we should robbb them.

Fiddy cent and luda

go away children - you fuck up this board

i was watching jackass on tv, when breaking news came on about 9/11.

stayed up for 5 hours watching it all.

for hours everyone was reporting unidentified planes hit twin towers. no markings, logo's or company symbols, close ups and everything.

people who remember the early 00's are in their 30s you dumb, fat faggot

They were awful.

Nothing has been good since 911.

Nigger please. Now it's all electronic pop and skrillex garbage.

The music was shit but the internet was good.

I agree

bretty good desu
i was 18 in 2001, then came september and school started. not even 2 weeks go by and there is huge hapenning.
a friend who visited nyc earlier in the summer told me he was standing in that building. it felt odd to him and couple years later, 2007, i made my 1st trip to usa

The early 2000s were great. I was lucky enough to have good parents and friends.

Here is a legit pic from 2003.

>typical quiet, introverted, straight A kid
>Trying to fit in with kids I never really had anything in common with
>Got into rock and metal music (still am today)
>Super awkward with girls, so no dates or gfs
>9/11 happened
>Then my mom got cancer and died
>Dropped out of school

Early 2000s/childhood in general really sucked ass, imo. Glad I didn't end up killing myself though, life actually turned out pretty nice, in the end (at least, presently).

Some of us are in our mid-20s

Early 2000s were ok even with 9/11, I think people weren't really aware of the problems Iraq and Afghanistan would have. Now we have bomb threats all the time.

I think 2008 was more of the downer. People you knew lost everything, families were broken up, and that little optimism after 9/11 was gone. American families have yet to recover financially and psychologically from the Great Recession, and I think that's the reason everyone 18-30 is so fucked up now.

Just turned 28. I remember the early 2000s quite vividly.

Nigga I'm 24 and remember the early 00s completely. Different perspective since I focused on kid stuff but I do remember them.

> in elementary school

what was it you remembered? friday was pizza day?

My paradise was in the mid 80's the world began to warp in 1990. 10 years of brain washing through MTV and finally January 1 2000 hit. The world didn't end. It was like waking up to a literal handover existence while being hung over. Like the end of a concert when the lights come on. In the early moments of the new mellinium we were exposed to the awesome gift of the laturalus album, the most clear redpill turning point in modern history and a bridge to a new future. Before we could mentally digest what the new world would be , whatever hope of a utopia was destroyed by the 911 attack/blue pill sent the world deeper and backwards into chaos and turned us all into terrorist hating/fearing Nazis. The Iraq war split the country in half and was the straw that broke the counterfeit economy's back leading to the false messiah bho, who was to America what bill Cosby was to young actresses, sealing the dark decade's fate and paving the way for a feudal pimp/whore caste system between greedy baby boomer and coorporate gen x financers allied with china and Silicon Valley farmimg the y/z gen as debt/gibbsmedat slaves. If you were lucky you sobered up or gained military experience for the coming shit storm. If you are reading this and are 17 yo, you are literally a young John Connor.

I remember my town was upwards of 95% white and things were largely idyllic and people seemed less faggy.

These rats should be executed for crimes against humanity

Shitty times, shitty people. The death of white entertainment and jobs, and the growth of kike entitlement.

Disney Channel shows and movies (Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, Hannah Montana etc.)
Pop icons (Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mariah, etc.)
*Cliques* (mall goth/emo, preps, skaters, nerds, geeks, etc.)

>Total dearth of listenable music IMO.
Nigger please, that was better than the forgettable elecronic shit they play nowadays

no. you are making yourself feel like you have any connection to the early 2000s. you were literally in elementary school you retard. you might remember your life at the time but you werent in any way, shape or form involved in jack shit that this thread is eluding to.

> omg my nigga da 00s were so lit!
> literally 9 years old at the time

kys

Legit

I don't, since I was stoned out of my mind for most of it. As far as I can tell, it was for the best anyways.

IM THE SON OF RAGE AND LOVE

THE JESUS OF SUBURBIA

the 90s were top tier, a far cry from this shit world now.

BE
CAUSE
YOU
DON'T

Fatter girls in prettier shoes

Music was somewhat less awful.
America was about 10% whiter
The ME was just some shithole the rest of the world had forgotten about.
Women were significantly more respectable.
Also y2k n sheeeit.

full blown americanism
fuck paki
fuck afgani
fuck arabs
fuck the jews
fuck china
fuck being thin

murica
Also
CS 1.5 at lan parties
everyone did drugs
no one listened to modern pop type music it was either rap grunge rock or country music
no one cared about beaners being illegal

dope ass linkin park with liberty hair spikes bleached piss yellow
that is the early 2000s

Holy shit, cliques aren't a thing anymore?

Music was better than the 90s and 10s.

kurt cobain died in 1994 you fucking teenager

Not really. Even high schools are not immune from the "melting pot" concept now. Monoculture has taken over.

Too sweet me bro

Don't forget about cap guns and making bows

Gen Z seems pretty neat tbqh

jweekly.com/2017/05/12/anti-semitic-homophobic-and-racist-slurs-at-piedmont-high-school/

>2000
> one of times our town was sieged by muslim extremists,
> kidnapped some tourists and beheaded one of my neighbor's son working by the resort the sieged.
> Saw the matriarchh next door hugging the frame of his dead son for several months.
> can still hear her cry herself in the dead of the night.
> then 9/11 happened and stopped our late afternoon animu.

I WILL NEVER WASTE MY TIME

Music died in 2000. Maybe 2001. There hasn't been a decent music subculture since the 90s on both sides of the Atlantic.

The nu metal, heavy metal scene was fucking awful.
Houses were cheaper though. And immigration was about 50k a year instead of 600k a year

better video games, less homosexual culture, more people believed in god, and generally pretty good going. people say 9/11 is when it went but and yea a big factor. But when 2008 crash happened that's when it really went downhill.

96fag here, all I remember was playing Playstation and being mad that one morning when all I saw was footage of the twin towers being destroyed because they didn't air Dragon Ball Z.

Is it just me or is it weird how to took marxism so long to permeate into the US, whereas it's taking no time at all for memetics to churn out literally Hitlers?

No gays, no smartphones, fuck islam.

Fuck I remember when it was normal to hate fags. There was actual stigma against people who hung out or accepted fags, and this was in California.

>state atheism vs Chaos Magic
Religion is a hell of a drug

Yeah. Things really did change with the smartphones. Everyone went from going about their business or talking with other people to just staring at their phone. All that happened within the course of just a few years.

I was a NEET wasting away my 20s. Oh well. I didn't have much potential anyway or else I wouldn't have been like that.

28, turning 29. Still remember the early 2000s quite vividly. In fact on 9/11 my school wouldn't let us watch the TV's at all, I knew of the attack at like 9/10am, but had to wait until I got home to watch.

Nirvana was my favourite band in the early 2000s. I wore steel toe boots and ripped clothes to school. Fuck I tried so hard to look like I didn't care how I looked.

I dropped out of hike school in 2000 to listen to my Eminem cd. Then the taliban flew some planes into the twin towers and I got pissed. I put down my Eminem cd and joined the military. And since Memorial day is approaching, you should all wish me a happy memorial day and thank me for keeping you sissies safe. Without people like me, you wouldn't even the freedoms to post political stuff on the internet? Do you want to live in a Muslim, communist dictatorship? No? Then you're welcome for keeping you safe!

*checks flag*
Don't countries like yours experience everything from the west 10-15 years later anyway, Ivan? And I mean that with that no sarcasm at all.

HOW THE FUCK DID NO ONE MENTION WARCRAFT

oh yeah because we all wish we'd never wasted our lives away

RIP 20s

>In fact on 9/11 my school wouldn't let us watch the TV's at all
Our school had all the TVs on for the rest of the day. We still changed classrooms like a normal day, but teachers stopped teaching.

Da Sopranos!

Actually now it's all men who sing with a woman's voice. FUCK that shit

Played 5 minutes on my sisters laptop. Feel so lucky those 5 minutes turned me off seeing as what it did to some of my friends.

>not listening to Weird al Yanchovic.

Y-yeah I d-don't still play WoW...

Thanks for servicing me :DDD

Next to no shitskins in Helsinki back then. Was much better, wish I could go back.

y y yea a user no one still plays dead game right :)

emosong.ytmnd.com/

All these people became hipsters, I bet.

This shit and the wigger garbage was High School for me from 2004-2008

A happier time. Kaffs were not fucking everything up so bad. Crime wasn`t in my area and I was still doing siik woolys on my mountain bike.

Now, I am stuck here looking at shitposts by Leafs. No matter what I do I can`t escape. A Ban would won`t even save me from being here forever.

I won't deny the convenience of them, but it's still weird to see how younger people communicate with each other now.

>not UO and DAoC

ssssaturday night out in the city- skin inside the pub with girls so pretty

familiar with that tune?

Pantera broke up and ever since the white man has no heroes.

This videos sums it all pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
Good old fun times, I miss them, fuck the 90s, fuck tupac

Three words.

Star Wars Galaxies

up to 9/11 it was the comfiest

then you know...things happened we are still paying for now

>Total dearth of listenable music IMO.
What is Classic Trance?
youtube.com/watch?v=p8IVONhSEY0

The return of real punk rock. Sum 41 and Avril Lavigne saved us from Green Day and Blink 182.

I joined the high school drama club to get away from my cunt sister and made some friends. They were alright. I didn't get laid because I'm fat, but I think that's a good thing. Also, 9/11 happened and Y2k.

>Good old fun times
I member

Bria was best. All else were scrubs.

KNOW US AT ALL, WE LAUGH WHEN OLD PEOPLE FALL

>What is Classic Trance?
tell me more

But what would you expect with a conscious so small

This image got me into so much quality music lol