Who knows Latin in Sup Forums?

hey fellow Sup Forumsacks, is there anyone who knows latin can help me with analyzing these latin maxims like '' Amat Victoria Curam '?

Amo is a verb "to love" with the principal parts amo, amare, amavi, amatum. The present tense in Latin takes the first principal part, in this case amo, with endings -o, -as, -at, -amus, -atis, -ant for I, you, he/she, we, you pl., they. Amat therefore is he/she (or it) loves, however it doesn't necessitate the translation of a pronoun.

Nouns are in nominative, vocative, accusative, genitive, dative or ablative case, which correspond to subject, reference, object, of, to/for, by/with/from. Victoria is a first declension noun meaning "victory", with endings -a, -a, -am, -ae, -ae, -a for singular and -ae, -ae, -as, -arum, -is, -is for plural. So we know that victoria here is singular in either nominative, vocative or ablative case. Cura is also a first declension noun meaning "caution", and looking at the sentence we can see that it ends in -am, and as such must be in the accusative case, or the object of the sentence. As such we can make the assertion that victoria is the subject of the clause, since all clauses must have a subject by necessity. Therefore we translate the clause as "Victory loves caution".

hi, want to hang out?

no

much appreciated bro desu didnt expect this from pol
>irish masterrace

learnt it at school, still have my textbooks. Only did it for 2 years. Stopped after Latin teacher died of cancer

Why the fuck can't we just start speaking Latin again?
>kick out all the niggers
>introduce Latin and third language of choice to public schools

Source?

any of u guys willing to help a bit more? these are all the maxims just 9 more will suffice

It's actually a very straightforward language. There are 5 declensions for nouns, 3 declensions for adverbs, only 7 irregular verbs, there are a few special constructions like clause of purpose or indirect question but they're not difficult. It's all very logical, it all boils down to lists.

Learned it 5 years at school, but my memory is somewhat hazy.

Is this your homework?

Not all of those are latin mottos. I mean, some like Cogito Ergo Sum are from the modern era (Cartesio, meant: "I think, therefore I am).

Divide et Impera means: Divide and Conquer (be in command)

magistra = teacher (f)
puella (girl) - is (multiple girls)
dicit = says

kinda

Studui latinam in universitas duos annos. Lusit.

Oxford Latin courses ofcourse.

>getting Sup Forums to do your homework
fucking baltniggers

Bump

>Asking for help to translate latin
Brings me memories of high school

also I don't have a vocab with me right now, so I can't do all

2 The teacher says to students: "Hello, students"
3 The students respond: "hello teacher"
5 As (In the same way) I hear, thus I say [It means I say exactly what I hear]
6 As we hear, thus we have to say [same as above, but there is the verb debeo, which implies that we have to do it]
7We love and we defend our fatherland [we protect should be servimus instead of defendimus, which is used when speaking of the fatherland]
9 as the novel teaches [usually but at the end of a small novel, before the explanation of the moral meaning of said novel]
10 I think therefore I am
12 to live is to think

#4 Is a 'goodbye' of sorts. It directly translates to, "Live (command(go be alive)) and strength (command((be strong)))
#8 Is, "While/When you (all (plural you)) teach, you (all (plural you)) learn.
#11 Is, Not of school (singular ablative), but of life we learn.

I know Latin but I also know how to not do someone else's homework

whats dat ? maybe you're running off speculation, assumptions and outdated nonsense. Is it alien ?

>Patriam amamus et defendimus.

very nice

Didn't notice the rest, here you go:

#13 Is (I think), "You are writing on the water, you are all writing on the water.
#14 Is, "Divide and conquer."
#15 Is, "The poets (singular ablative), they wrote: "Go be strong (goodbye(plural command)) and be well liked (go be approved of(plural command))

Err on #15, I meant to say that poets is plural nominative, brainfart sorry.

Are US professors strict when it comes to translate latin following the original gender, number, declension, and so on? I think that much of the verb emphasis is lost in translation

The poets write
not wrote

also, "plaudite" is active; so it's more like "please clap"

Also, Latin is masterrace tier language. If anyone gives you shit, just know you understand the ultimate form of communication. You're a literal brainlet until you start thinking in Latin.

My professors were pretty fucking strict with translations actually. Yeah, the emphasis is lost on pleb tier language like English, so when you translate it literally it looks odd. But just do it anyway.

ure the best dude

much appreciated italybro

everything goyim need to know in latin is:
quid licet Iovi non licet bovi

It's been a few years since I was in University, so I just went over it quick. The poets one, yeah you're spot on, I always make that mistake though because in English it's natural to say wrote/writes and be both in the present tense sometimes depending on context; but for the other one it doesn't really make sense to say, "appluad (plural indicitive)", when it is written down and read by someone, I mean it could, but I just got the context that it meant, "go out into the world and be well liked" or something.

penis bonus pax in domus

>Cogito Ergo Sum are from the modern era (Cartesio, meant: "I think, therefore I am).
Yeha but this is a mistranslation buddy, Nietzsche pointed it out 150 years ago

your sources to learn. Post'em.