How to cast off the chains of Nihilism and find purpose in life?

Sometimes I feel like I have fallen into the depravity of nihilism, I don't feel any purpose, or meaning in life, I work each day, and spend my nights partying, doing drugs, or chasing tail. None of these things bring anything of value to my life or make me feel fulfilled, it just helps me silence that tells me what a void my life has become.

How do I cast off the chains of nihilism and find purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/PromienieNet/playlists?shelf_id=3&sort=dd&view=50
youtube.com/watch?v=mjnIcDI0yac
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataraxia
youtu.be/zTGTL5hftYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You need to find a spiritual aspect to your life.

Idealism.

youtube.com/user/PromienieNet/playlists?shelf_id=3&sort=dd&view=50

Your welcome.

Its up to you to decide what life means for you user, that's part of the beauty. Never forget your true power, you create your own life, and emotions based on belief systems. Change your beliefs, change your life.

Go to church. You may need God in your life. Worked for me, i'm in medical school now and writing my second book

youtube.com/watch?v=mjnIcDI0yac

maybe something of that speaks to you

i spend most of my time thinking about how to combat nihilism. try to find something that you want to change or see in the world and pursue that goal. i know a lot of people will say that you should go to church or whatever but when you've gone deep into the nihilistic rabbit hole it's hard to see organised religion as nothing more than a coping mechanism or a means of control. there are a lot of intellectuals you could listen to that offer great insight into the issue, a friend of mine recently introduced me to jordan peterson who i've found to be quite impactful in that regard. i think thats why i've seen his name on Sup Forums so often these last few months before i started watching him, he offers men a sense of responsibility that has almost been condemned by the liberal crowd these days which i imagine is a huge issue for many Sup Forumsacks. i'd definitely recommend checking him out.

get out normie

Realize the inherent valueless of everything is freeing and enabling; you can do whatever you want. A lot of people use this as an excuse to abuse various substances, but this is usually a reaction to one's own discovery of one's own unimportance.

Find activities and causes you enjoy and fight for them. You can be free of fear of failure because the outcome does not matter in the long run. Your success is just as meaningless, but it may improve things in the short term.

Nhilism is freedom from fear, so be fearless.

What was the first book about?

This. There is no authority but yourself.

chose a path

You must realize in the absence of God that the only true eternal existence is the procreation and transcendence of your own people/race. It's a rather fufilling pill to swallow.

Islam

Same here, Canadanon. I think the only way we get out of this is to have children. However, I don't want to settle for just any woman. I'm mid 30's and feel I've missed the boat

start listening to Jordan Peterson lectures

Religion, philosophy and psychedelics my man, preferably all together. Listen to some Gregorian hymns as you read Camus tripping on acid or something

Try to achieve this

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataraxia

youtu.be/zTGTL5hftYY
Also,it's up to you what will make you feel fulfilled,in my case I'm training for whatever might come and trying to better myself up in useful ways,learn new skills etc etc

I don't get why most nihilists are depressed when nothing matters.

NOTHING MATTERS, YOU COULD DO ANYTHING YOU WANT.

Do gamers get depressed when nothing matters in skyrim?

NO, they play the fuck out of it and do what they want to do. You are depressed because life doesn't give you an easy rat maze to follow.

True freedom is realizing that in 100 years no one is even gonna remember you. Why care what other people think.

NOTHING MATTERS

DO SOMETHING. I enlisted in the USAF, joined a volunteer fire dept, a church (where we distributed food to homeless a couple times a week).

Or something like that. Also, try being kind to someone. Wierd, I know. No, not because of that feelgood stuff. Not because it makes you feel like a better person.

Your wasting your life persuing empty things. But you realise this already. Why does it seem so foreign? You KNOW these things aren't going to fulfill you.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Somehow, however, in a wierd paradox sense, it is always hard to realize though.

Go live in the forest or mountains.