/ChristGen/ - Christian General

How was Church today user?

If you didn't go, why are you not a Christian Yet, Sup Forums? It is the culture of your white forefathers.

All Faiths Welcome - Feel Free to Share some music while you're here.
Protestant:
youtu.be/uA4JyAONd_I
youtu.be/6Bwfm7-uNS4
youtu.be/zSif77IVQdY
Catholic/Orthodox:
youtu.be/NgriVVhCM3c
youtu.be/KY2KzjVNoKY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdo4Eyw4DqM
youtu.be/pr1CAXqzeWA
cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-church-under-fire-for-lgbt-policies
youtu.be/t6AtATP4Uwc
youtube.com/watch?v=dD9oiT5qaEM
youtube.com/watch?v=-PH4iMGbxFc
youtube.com/watch?v=ksoYR7dVyfM
youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=W36A6dpNrNU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q681SCWAj4E
youtube.com/watch?v=C1EM9iZpLeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All faiths except child-predator mudslimes

and catholics

Our pastor started a sermon series on Ecclesiastes today. Go read the first chapter right now; you'll be incredibly depressed until you remember that you're a Christian and heaven is a thing. Reminded me of the one Goebbels quote, can't find the pic though.

Nonbelievers such as muslims and atheists need our help more than any other
I'm sure the jews are happy you've arrived at this bias.

I'll reread it today. our pastor did a sermon on John 21 today about renewing your faith, it was great. He also did a preivew of the next two sermons where we'll go through the entire book of James and concentrate on ensuring our works are in deed bearing Fruit in the world as evidenced by our Faith. I know Catholics will get a chuckle out of that one. Next sunday we'll have our quarterly communion too.

I'm a theist who has decided to become Christian but I can't pick a church. I've been to a bunch of protestant churches but they were mostly skinnypants rock concerts and lattes. I went to a mainline protestant church and everyone was 90 years old. I went to Catholic mass and it was neat but felt like a funeral, and everyone was older middle aged ethnic families. I went to a Greek Orthodox church and really liked it but it's an hour away in a very rich area and everyone was Greek or some other ethnic so I having nothing in common with the churchgoers. I went to a Eastern Catholic Maronite church and everyone was Middle Eastern and wondering what I was doing there. I went to a Traditional Latin Mass and it was a very small tight-knit older group who knew I didn't belong there. I went to a Korean protestant church and had a blast but everyone kept asking me (nicely) "so, uh, why did you come to a Korean church?" and I felt weird.

How is a single American guy in his 30s supposed to find a church? I understand that it's really all about God, but I have moved to this place for work and have no friends and really want to find a community I can relate to.

Nobody needs your "help" archon.

I'm sure Satan is happy your a papist lover

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdo4Eyw4DqM

we had a guest preacher, a black woman. she did a good job, mentioned how she was happy Trump won so you can really see people's inner thoughts and feelings.

firts, become catholic, later learn about traditional Tridentine Mass and go where they celebrate them

>but I can't pick a church
what was your fathers denomination? That's be a good start.

If you literally have no idea. Start by just looking through the main differences between Catholic/Orthodox (pretty much the same) vs Protestant which can be best broken down as lacking a priesthood/pope authority, identifying as "Faith Alone"/"Sola Scriptura" and the practice of believer Baptism (as opposed to infant baptism)

I have a bias towards Baptist protestantism, but will not trash Catholics/Orthodox in this thread.

How do you guys reconcile Christian slave morality. Love thy neighbor and turning the other cheek?

I couldn't sit through a woman preaching from the pulpit... and i can't say i've ever had a Preacher mention a President by name during a sermon or say anything political for that matter.

They don't, they merely roleplay being christian, but don't follow the tenets because taking this religion too seriously can be pretty damaging.

Religious Trauma Syndrome, google it.

My mom was raised Catholic and my dad was raised muslim and they both abandoned their faith as teenagers, so I was raised agnostic with occasional snide remarks from them about how dumb religious people are and how God must be a bastard because their is evil in the world.

Seems solid, but I'm not sure I'm hardcore enough for that path

I love johnny cash a big reason i came back to Christianity.his song redemption did it for me.

>slave morality
I have at least 3 masters (other than Christ). How about you?
>love they neighbor
why don't you? I love my neighbor as myself and as needed. There will be times when "loving" your neighbor would include "tough love". If you saw yourself abandoning your family, your children, your country to run to a foreign land for essentially free welfare - would you not kick your own ass?
>turn the other cheek
There is no other way to win an argument in a dispute. If you are talking about someone pushing Wrath upon the innocent - that isn't turning your other cheek to defend them.

This user is right
There's a Catholic general up if you want to learn more

Muslim or just edgy teenager who's mad are your father for birthing you into this world?

I'm edgy for showing people a trauma that is true?

It was maximum kekistan. Subhuman Jew worshippers

>They don't, they merely roleplay being christian, but don't follow the tenets because taking this religion too seriously can be pretty damaging.
Gee user, great to know you know everything about everyone here and can tell us exaclty who we are and what we do. Must be great being psykic.

The few that take it seriously are deluded and causing themselves spiritual and mental pain.

>God must be a bastard because their is evil in the world
"Evil exists therefore there is no God"
This one always makes me smile at their flawless logic. To not see the glory of God in this world is to be blind.

If you're just reading the Bible and praying, you're bound to figure it out for yourself eventually - your faith in Christ is THE most important thing, but having attendence to worship is important once you figure out the rest. Proximity to a church is paramount, it ensures you go.

Do you pray?

Kike worshippers

youtu.be/pr1CAXqzeWA
This is a good one.

Well, your question is not the right one.
The right one is: why are you a Christian ?
You need reasons to do something, not the opposite.

Our ancestors had both good and bad ideas. So, it is not a valid point.
Example , the baby boomers and the fascists.
Both are our ancestors. You cannot follow both.
I chose nationalism and agnosticism because of what i learn and think.

While christianity has some good points, they have no logic behind.
The only reason is "god said this ".
You cannot adapt. And life changes.

Sorry but only children have such opinions. Adults are supposed to think and act on experience, and reasonning. And be responsible.
So, OP, why do you believe in a dogma ?
Why do you believe in something easy and comfortable instead of thinking ?
Why refusing to grow up ?
Why refuse to face death, like a Man, instead of believing in a nice story that you are eternal and a very spécial snowflake ?

Living a decent life doesnt require and never required a religion or a belief.
Quite the opposite.
Often, believers do shit, then pray to be forgiven.... And do it again. Count atheists in prison (no, commies are also believers for most of them).
Not many, hey ?

Also, the philosophical approach is long. And often humbling.
Really easy to sit on your ass and ask the tooth fairy to do what you are too lazy /afraid/arrogant/weak to do.

Yes, what i write is tough, but do you have the guts to argue and think by yourself ?

I can demonstrate why abortion is stupid, why equality is a lie, etc.
I do not need this book.
You do.
Why ?

>causing themselves spiritual and mental pain.
Stop projecting your absolute rejection of your humanity onto the Believers.

>great to know you know everything about everyone here

You mean the people in the nazi section of the forum where we discuss anal sex with cats?

Totally not hypocrites pretending to be christian.

fuck off proddy scum

Bupi

You do realize that not everyone here posts in every thread or agrees with everything, or even most things that are said here?
You are literally falling for the "Sup Forums is one person" trap.

Irrelevant picture
The bible says to turn the other cheek like a good goy

>So, OP, why do you believe in a dogma ?
I believe the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired word of God - literally and unironically.

I see you fancy yourself an intellect - yet you don't see this world as the miracle it is?

there's a Catholic General up if you'd prefer it.

he's angry (in more ways than one)

see

Yes I'm reading the bible and praying, I'm new to it so maybe I just need some time to figure out where to go from here. It'd be nice to have a coach though, that's why I'd love to find a church and community that can help guide me.

As for the not seeing glory in this world I agree with you. I'm really starting to believe that just as we can build the Kingdom of God on earth we can also build our own little hell by holding contempt for creation in our hearts. It's tough to think that about my parents, but ultimately we all have to choose how we're going to live in the universe.

>modern christianity
>american McChristians
disgusting

fuck off from Sup Forums and Sup Forums
no one here is that religious not even the stormfags, wherever you came from go back

I'm sure people come to Sup Forums to spread the faith on Sup Forums of all places.

no it doesn't

It's hard seeing a relative or family member fall by the wayside, but you have to treat them as you would a non-believer while still praying for their salvation. Ask for the strength to keep your patience and the knowledge to know how you work in his plan for this person. Everyones path to the Lord is as unlikely as the next. Even the most rotten reprobate can see the light when God calls him.
>I'm really starting to believe that just as we can build the Kingdom of God on earth we can also build our own little hell
Absolutely. Philippians 4:4-7 teaches us that "Joy" literal joy, is possible in any moment by rejoicing. Recall that Paul wrote this passage while Chained to a wall awaiting his Crucifixion.

any true catholic or orthodox believer would've shared their faith with us instead "this".

I hope you repent and find the Lord someday user.

It is no miracle. It is far better.
It is all we have and can get.
And we have to improve it .
The holy duty of a race... For herself.
To exist and prosper.
Also, why believing ?
You evade the question, like most religious people.
Fear of death
Fear of growing
Fear of being alone.
Fear, fear, fear.

You are a frightened Child.
You want a big daddy.

Well, here the only thing you can be sure. No one will help but you and other humans.
"help yourself, and god shall help you "
You do not need it.
I certainly do not.
I need my brothers and sisters to wake up and fight. And i make a lot of enemies irl coz by country really became surrendering monkeys lovers.
This has to change.

Yes.
Christ "came to call sinners," not just those already holy.
You're quite litteraly acting like the pharisees who judged Christ for interacting with sinners

are you asking why we don't take weekly communion? We do sometimes, but it's more like quarterly at my southern baptist church... though 'technically' i take it every meal when i bow my head and bless my food. The entire 'eucharist' ceremony is just a ceremony though, which we never do.

Thanks user that was very insightful

You're not making a case for yourself, you're making an ad hominem case against a trembling religious straw-man. Take your ego out of the equation and formulate the strongest case you can for your idea and let us know what it is.

>The entire 'eucharist' ceremony is just a ceremony though, which we never do.
>denying transubstation
user, come on. "This is my body, do this in memory of me" does not mean "this is a symbol"
The Eucharist is far more than just a ceremony

Analysis can hurt, but it is different from ad hominem.
The difference ?
There is reasoning behind.
You can demonstrate one is a idiot or a genius. This has nothing to do with insults and flattery.
Once again, why believe ?
Give me one good reason. One.
So far, nobody could.
But if you can convince me or others, then you win.

>why believing
Belief in God is the most natural thing in the world. Your disbelief and impiety is the most inhuman and unnatural belief there is.
>Fear of death Fear of growing Fear of being alone. Fear, fear, fear.
I don't fear those things, at least not the way an atheist would.
>child
says the rebelious child who hates his father.
>No one will help but you and other humans
since you're an atheist i have no doubt that you won't help anyone. you chose the most selfish possible worldview and it carries out in everything you do.
> i make a lot of enemies irl
You have no righteous anger in you though. You won't get far.

>do this in memory of me
I do it in his Glory, saying memory implies he is dead. As a protestant let me remind you he is Risen.
And yes it if not just a symbol, it is literally his body and blood that fills me - which is biologically accurate - where else does your life blood come from?

I just looked up Baptist churches in my area since you said that's your church and this immediately came up: cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-church-under-fire-for-lgbt-policies

I guess there's a big difference between Southern Baptists and Baptists

>And we have to improve it .
Why? Why should one, if this all we get, improve it. That's nonsense, if is all there is then you're a fool if you don't do whatever you want.
>The holy duty of a race... For herself.
>To exist and prosper.
that is also utter nonsense. You want me to give up my one life for "the holy duty." What idiocy. Where is this holy duty? What makes it true? Why should I give a fuck about anyone besides me?
And why should I care if others "exist and prosper?" I won't, I'm screwing myself over for the sake of people who will also just live, work and die. That's a needless and pointless cycle of slef-enslavement to non-existant ideals

Why pick a church ? just go to all of them

>Once again, why believe Give me one good reason. One.
For me there is no other option. God's glory is at the forefront of my mind in all things. You are blind to it, you are blind to the world around you that should not exist from your own belief. Until you're humbled we'll disagree - so lets hope that when you are finally humbled it isn't on your deathbed.

I want to join a community that will help me walk the path. Bouncing from church to church means I'd stay a perpetual stranger.

>I do it in his Glory, saying memory implies he is dead
He said memory. Arguing against the use of memory goes against the very worf of God.

actually thats not how the bible describes jesus at all the bible actually says he was meek and gentle

a lot of people who are mean themselves like to claim that jesus was a mean strong bold guy when thats not what it says , people say jesus was like this because they have no love in them so they dont understand love and project mean spirited onto jesus

jesus is nice

theres nothing wrong with being a so called "beta cuck"

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

2 Corinthians 10:1
Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Romans 12:14
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

I still see beliefs.
I am an atheist so i hate my father ?
Yes, i do. My REAL father, not the toothfairy. For good reasons. Real reasons.

I think, sadly, that like all religious people, you are insane. You just cannot use logic, so you rage.
You are afraid of your whole life being a lie, so, like feminists, other toxic believers, you invent stuff. Fear again.
It is the root of christianity.
Like greed and sex for islam.
Like ambition and fear for judaism.
Not very healthy.
Well it is easy to see.
"judge a tree according to its fruits "
Well, i see rotten fruits. And a dying religion.
One less, many to go....

>Once again, why believe ?
Why do anything? At least theists can say "because it is what God commanded us to do."
Yet you yourself say we must do things, and yet you offer no reason why we must.

Any church who preaches acceptance for unrepentant sodomites clearly Hasn't read Romans 1 - and thus is not a church of God. There is no getting around this. There are many heretical churches, some even have women preachers which is completely ungodly. Though strangely i've never seen one do this, maybe its a city liberal church thing, either way that's a sure fire way to have a church where literally nobody is a Christian. All the believers would find a different Church where believers are present.

The umbrella of "baptist" is just conveying the general:
-no priesthood/pope
-sola scriptura
-sola gloria
-sola fide
-believer baptism

All sand nigger religions are cancer.

There is importance in having these roots. Every man should have roots. Going to a church where you know the people at all stages in life - and you all share faith - is a great experience.

You'll have to speak more plainly, i don't understand what point you're making. I'll try to give you an honest answer.

I'm not sure where you are, but a good Protestant church (not a mainstream mega church sorta rock concert one) would be okay. But it's truthfully about the community like you're searching for. I think a small group or smaller congregation would do good for you. Really, it's what church should be - gatherings of believers in a community like the New Testament was like.

does this look like a guy who fights back against people?

he just sits there and gets crucified outright without lifting a finger

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

>I think, sadly, that like all religious people, you are insane. You just cannot use logic, so you rage.
>You are afraid of your whole life being a lie, so, like feminists, other toxic believers, you invent stuff.
That would actually be you my friend. You put forth the claim of "the holy duty of race" as what one must do, while failing to provide a reason to. You are litteraly just like SJWs: you say this is what you must do, but give no reason why.

At least go to the logical conclusion and spout nihilism or absurdism

Why do stuff ? Are you kidding me ?
If one is ill, why try to heal ?
If i eat crap, why change.

Not only insane, but pathetic.
Go back to a cave, naked, eating rotten meat and a few fruits.
Why change ?

>I am an atheist so i hate my father ?
I'd imagine your life of hatred has many points of focus, not just your father.
>that like all religious people, you are insane
Think what you will, but I have my own opinion on your insanity.
>Not very healthy
we're all sinners user, aren't you? Don't you recognize your own sin? It's what has separated you from God, your sin has blinded you, and until you humbly atone, you'll never see it.
>dying religion
maybe in France, that's so sad though. Take note of how your country and your entire society crumbles atheism (your chosen faith) takes root.

You as a frenchman have a religious future whether you want it or not, which shall it be?

>If one is ill, why try to heal ?
Well, why? Why is sickness worse than health? Why should I live for other's good? You haven't given an answer.
>Not only insane, but pathetic.
Nice ad hom.
>Go back to a cave, naked, eating rotten meat and a few fruits.
And why is that worse than doing something else?
>Why change?
Yes, why? You have failed to provide a reason to.

How do Sunday services generally go? Are they commonly in the morning or in the night?

>I think a small group or smaller congregation would do good for you
It is best for anyone. The whole idea is that you're all Brothers, nobody stands above the church like a priest or pope. That you know everyone, that you help everyone spiritually, that you help build on each others faith, that if your preacher is sick anyone of you should be able to stand up and speak on the chosen scriptures, that you commune and have supper together, that you confess to one another, that you watch over each other as your faith and your community grows.

Bwahahahaha.
Continue.
I am entertained.
You are a real gem.
I need moaaaar. We are 4, with time in ours hands until tomorrow daywork, and you are hilarious. Plz, moarr XD

You didn't present a single counter argument against his statements, frog.

S K L A V E N M O R A L

There is not a single valid reason in all that.
If he gave up, can you continue.
Just wait 2 minutes. One of my friend laughed so hard he spat soda on the computer. Brb.

It depends on your church. My church's worship is at 11AM, that's only because the group and community meetings happen at 9am which is when everyone gets there. Of course they do have an evening meal/potluck. Wednesday nights too.

Others are different. Some catholic/orthodox churches don't do community groups/bible groups - so they'll just do two masses instead sometimes in spanish or something. They'll have confessions or w/e they do on wednesday.

>generally go
Every heard a fiery sermon? Here's a Baptist sermon:

Robin Williams BTFO
youtu.be/t6AtATP4Uwc

Nogunz BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=dD9oiT5qaEM

MLK BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=-PH4iMGbxFc

Jews BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=ksoYR7dVyfM
youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc

Israel BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=W36A6dpNrNU

Women voters BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=Q681SCWAj4E

Monastics BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=C1EM9iZpLeI

>If he gave up, can you continue
I have, you're the one who has still failed to give a good reason for why anyone should do what you say they should in this post
Hell, you couldn't even give a good reason why anyone should do anything, you just brushed it off as insanity because you can't come up with a reason why.

Post some of your favourite Christian quotes, lads.

OK, the mirror accusation technique. Far less fun.
One reason ?
Instinct.
I want stuff, because it feels right, so i do it.
I want to be helped when weak (old, wounded, old) so i help other, thus establishing a custom, then a rule of helping each other. While not a doctor myself, i can pay taxes and do first aid.
Also, it is good being loved, and to love, so helping helps me.
The most logic man, even selfish, will be both a saint and a soldier.
See, reasons.

You, if your god doesnt say so, you do nothing ? Liar.

And i do not believe in sins. I witness winners and losers. Happiness and sadness.
So i think and i go with my best (and therefore my people) best interest. Flawless, toothfairy worshippers.

>One reason ? Instinct.
So give up everything that is natural and good, abandon God to embrace nihilism and hedonism, because reasons? lol.

>Instinct.
Firstly, why should one follow instinct? Instinct can lead one to rape, murder and steal, so should I do that?
>Also, it is good being loved, and to love, so helping helps me.
What is good? Why is being loved good?
>I want stuff, because it feels right, so i do it.
So if I think it feels right to murder white babies in the most brutal way possible, then that ok, because it feels right?
>I want to be helped when weak (old, wounded, old) so i help other, thus establishing a custom, then a rule of helping each other.
And why should I help you when you're weak, even if you helped me? Why shouldn't I say "sucks to be you?"
>The most logic man, even selfish, will be both a saint and a soldier.
There are tons of logical men who were niether saints nor soldiers.

how do i find a good church in my area?
i looked and all i found were cucked protestants who signalled for diversity and lgbt acceptance, also they had female preachers(disgusting)
the only decent one was the catholic church but i have an aversion to it because of the current pope

like how do i find my version of pastor anderson the baptists here are cucks

>the only decent one was the catholic church but i have an aversion to it because of the current pope
Just go to it. The pope, while not great, isn't nearly as bad as the media makes him out (they lie and tiwst his words a lot)l and he's only temporary, he'll be gone soon.

You didn't leave Canada because DUDE WEED won, did you?

I'm Baptist, and will say these people preaching acceptance of unrepentant sodomites are not Christians. Any church with a female in a place of power is not a Christian church. That said, you could ask your Christian neighbors where they go, or just google. Canada has a lot of Catholic churches if you're saying that's what you want.

Or were you just looking for bantz?

move to america lel

most churches no matter what kind are gonna be corrupt

Ahh ok, sounds like you need a sola scriptura Baptist church user. Try calling the Baptist churches in your area and asking "Do you believe Sola Scriptura - that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired work of God"?

Do you know any fellow Christians? If not, you'll just have to shop around, listen to a sermon or five until you find your home.

Don't choose a church based on it's pastor, rather read and understand the bible and Christian thought and then find thst Church which extols the Truths of the bible.

a lot of people are just blue pilled they understand the bible but they dont touch end times and they dont know any worldly conspiracy theories

but it all goes together

>sola scriptura
But why, that's a self defeating belief. 2 Thessalonians 2:15 clearly says "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter" which clearly contradicts the "only the bible and nothing else" of sola scriptura.
Why would you recomend user go to a church which believes something so plainly false?

You are giving me the exact same answers that i get irl from inbred mudslimes i decide to humiliate.
But, you can do that alone.
In a way, i am an idiot, i always think that what looks like a human, is my equal or that i can make them think by themselves.
But genetics always have the last word, dont they ?
Make an IQ and EQ tests, and ask for a schyzo diag from a doc.
Big surprises for you i expect.
Bad ones.
Take care, and try no fucking your daughter, even if it is written in the torah.. It will lower the above evoked scores for your children.
See, once more. Reasons.
Point is, you use words without knowing what they mean.... In your native language....

You have a distorted view of religious people (in general) if you believe they all want to believe in a God, because they fear death, hell, etc. Some people genuinely believe that there's a creator for everything, and some would even point to the parallels of humans developing technology that can teach itself, or just the fact that we can create things and manipulate our environments.

To respond to your reasoning for people believing in God, you need to acknowledge that there are various sects within Christianity. The reason why this is relevant is because in some sects of Christianity, hell is seen as a place where people are under the eternal presence of God whilst rejecting him. This would make the reasoning behind fear non-applicable to everyone whom is religious, although I wouldn't doubt that some religious people do truly fear death. For people whom fear death, if they believe they will live eternally, I would argue that it's a bit contradicting to claim people fear death, whilst not caring if they pass away. Many see death as a continuation of our being, which seems rather counter-intuitive to suggest this is because of fear, as even non-religious people say that religion is just a way to get people comfortable about death. "Comfortably fearful" would not make sense.

former Calvinist here

AMA