Eternal Portuguese Thread

Haven't been in one of these threads in a while

ITT we discuss Portuguese culture and politics.

Spainbros, Oldest Allies, PALOPs, Ameribros, Germanbros and Good Catholics are welcome.

French Frogs and Brazillians are NOT welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Célticos
researchgate.net/publication/236273688_Regional_Differences_in_Intelligence_and_per_capita_Incomes_in_Portugal
instagram.com/jordanvaladao/
instagram.com/p/BPG9uVcg0XN/
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1HBMNgU0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hoc est enim corus meum

Fuck off get out of my EU zone

>hue's not welcome
why tho

Bump

fine. we already used your money where we had to, which is in Lisbon the greatest city this world has ever seen.

>t.

Moors did nothing wrong.

What about decentralising some ministries and Public Institutions national HQ out of Capital?

And fiscal cutoff regimen to inner regions?

guys whats the general opinion on portugeuse estado novo? when I ask hues here half of them think getulio vargas was their best president, the other half despises him. Same with peron

Wouldn't solve the fact that the interior is a fucking desert thanks to Lisbon and to a much smaller extent, Porto.

Better than the Primeira Republica which was the first experience with a democracy in Portugal. Worse than the Segunda Republica which is our current regime, now that the country has some maturity.

We don't know a lot about Brazilian New State (Estado Novo) and Getúlio Vargas with the New State and his mandate afterwards until commiting sudoku.

We achieved it firstly by a peaceful pronunciamento that implemmented a military dictatorship and then with 1933 Constitution - way better than what happened with our European neighbour.

Perhaps the 2 best things but Portuguese refuse to discuss somehow or give praise - was keeping us out of WW2 and keeping of territorial sovereignty - colonial until PT Goa 60's and European - Spanish commie Republican / federalist and afterwards Franco in WW2.

No one refuses to recognize that. In fact it's the number one merit appointed to his administration, neutrality during WW2. Unfortunately, that's about it for me.

He did put our finances in order. Relatively speaking

>Norte has the lowest GDP per capita

why are northern barbarians so dumb compared to us, educated southern moors?

>to us, educated southern moors?~

So, are you an immigrant here in Europe? it's time togo back, or we will call Dom Afonso Henriques, Fuas Ropinho, Martim Moniz, Gualdim Pais,Paio peres Correia once again to kick your butt alien.

Well salazar did a good job, keeping us out of the war, it was tuff, cause you had germanofils(mainly in the fascist organizations) and anglofils.

>southern moors?
You have to go back

If people from lisbon are moors What are the people from Algarve?
t.Algarviu

But it, along with all the Beiras, also scores the highest in the national exams, so it's definitely not the problem of the people who also work longer on average.

With enough distortions to a market economy even sandcoons can have a high GDP per capita.

Portuguese.

Algarve were habitated by the celtici or coni?

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Célticos

When reconquista happened, i think they got repopulated, by people from centre and north and even from other regions of europe.

But maybe stuff like this has something to do with it.

Maybe the fact that Portugal is the most centralised country in Europe has something to do with it, with absolutely no regional level of government and NO WAY for the population to vote in the interests of the region. And maybe the trashing of local power which accounts for 12% of the government budget but only 3% of our ~130% of GDP debt.

Maybe the hundreds of thousands of public employees in lisbon metro, the foundations, the public companies and decision centers, the media, the billions in regional funds diverted, the complete abandonement of the rest of this country by lisbon has something to do with it.

Just maybe.

Stop talking about genetics you idiots and talk about the three things that are important:

-Money and investment
-Decision centers and power
-Population flows

All else is just Bread and Circus.

How does it feel that your once mighty empire got cucked by a bunch of half-ape brazilians?

The vast majority of this country saw no benefit from the Empire.

True GDP per capita was actually always quite low. This is expected, since the money was put to use building Churches, Mafra and other useless things. Very little of the Empire's profits trickled down to the population.

user, is this in Brazil?

We don´t care about that empire. That's in the past, it was great. But the only thing that matters today is keep our portuguese european identity, and inovate, be the best we can and stop the multiculturalist crap.

What is portugal history? I mean origin and shit

they dont teach that in BR schools

I've seen one study about qi in Portugal.
Lisbon had more high, not a surprise, Madrid, is probably the same, Paris and London the same.

Can you guys pls finish what Sebastiao tried to do and conquer Morocco and genocide it?

I'd argue there are actual internal problems in the country too you know, given you have an inverse correlation between National Exam averages and wealth Do you not think this wealth disparity is important? Or the fact that a significant portion of the country is literally dying while one metro area is getting richer?

Is this not worthy of your concern?

>opportunity cost

That brings me back painful memories

We did a massive invasion there, but D Sebastião was a bite delusional, he wanted to conquer everything in the middle of the desert. It was a disastor. I think german volunteers were there also in our side, and spanish, french too.

ola

I didn't want to bring here the Guerra do Ultramar and Carnation Rev: we invited the PALOPs and others.
So fuck off, fat American user and go read some books, wiki and internet references.

Should I come back, portubros?

I'd like a source for that study and the year it was taken, pre-25th of April results are useless given the education policy back then.

National Exams are the ultimate proxy for IQ because every student gets tested.

Portugal? What a meme country. A third world shithole who lives out of sucking tourist cock and specializes in nothing but football. Their women look like goblins. Almost as bad as Spain.

PRETOS FORA CARALHO

That fag at the altar fucked more Indian pussy than all of Sup Forums combined.

Yeah I know that X times zero is zero.

No, it was the last year i think. Lynn.
here is the source m8

researchgate.net/publication/236273688_Regional_Differences_in_Intelligence_and_per_capita_Incomes_in_Portugal

blue dots in the north? Coimbra?

Braga.

the portuguese expelled the algrave moors in the 13th century.

I live in a community with a decent amount of Portuguese immigrants. It always makes me laugh how they never get shit for any of the slavery hysteria. Meanwhile, a lily white boy from an Irish background gets shit for it. Democrats created retards.

Football players and literal whores

nnoooo

Bracara Augusta once proud capital of the Suebi, why?!

>buthurted immigrant detected

you have to go back kke

>Moving to Portugal or remaining in a liberal shithole that is soon to be New China

What are you waiting for?

i have sympathy for sporting braga though

dont know why

You're right. I want to make Portugal great again.

if you are european heritage, you're welcome

>Bracara Augusta once proud capital of the Suebi, why?!
why is every Portugal thread always full of muh Germanic and Celtic heritage LARPers

why is southern portugal so cucked and degenerate? is it moor blood? the fact that the dregs of their society didn't emigrate en masse like the ones in the north? their distance from galicia? why the fuck is the south cucked?

Boas

Don't have. They are Reddit: The Club

thank god these faggots are leaving

after 500 years finally the worst members of society here are going to Portugal, instead of just the other way around

don't send him back

>Lynn
That's a red flag already. And seeing the numbers, they tested a full 483 students in Lisbon. Of different ages, too.

The problem with Lynn is that he sees the differences in GDP per capita and tries to fit the data to his theory. He has been caught doing this many times before which is the actual reason he lost the credibility he had.

In fact, proxies for IQ that reach the entire population are the actual standard when discussing the IQ of different populations.

Spainbro here, a couple of weeks ago I went to Tomar and it's by far the most decent place in Portugal I've ever been this year in Portugal (Lisboa and Porto-Braga). Proud of their heritage and catholic. Good job!

Was in Lisbon last year to renew my ID, 30% of the people standing in line were niggers, not looking good. Sad!

Algarve ain't so lefty.
Some guy told during Salazar regime, Alentejo was feudal-like controlled.

Setubal district is also niggerville.

I don´t know bro.
We are not germans, they went here in the germanic invasion of western europe, like the romans, did before and other's. But we are what we were before of that, proto-celtic and paleolithic peoples

Why are you avoiding discussing this?

Thank you, primo. I'm finishing up my PhD in CS in Cucknada, where should I go live? Braga? Porto?

I sincerely don't care about what Portuguese people are, they should just be proud of their country and not about some part of it only

I have family in the south, it's easy, they're mostly old, brainwashed, unemployed/retired. When you don't know how to use the internet and your only source of information is the TV/Newspaper, what are you going to do?

I've found Portuguese American women to have big asses and big noses? They're also generally easy and love alcohol, what causes this? Is this also the reason why Brazil is the way it is? Are they different from Spanish women?
instagram.com/jordanvaladao/

Still waiting for an answer

why are ou so dumb brazilian? just get out.

I think algarve usually votes Psd (right), don´t know why, the pontal party is always there.
But right or left they don´t change anything

This is not about being proud of a part of a country. That lie is what keeps dividing the country.

This is about not sitting here and taking injustice like it's nothing. It's the people that commit injustice that divide the country, not the people who fight against it, who also have to fight against the media.

>PSD
>right

By these standards even Bernie is a right-wing extremist.

Responde pá Não ignores. Não contribuas para as divisões internas ao ignorar um problema real.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

How does CS compare to Informatics engineering and ECE?

What are you talking about bro? I just said that Portuguese people should be proud about themselves, nothing more.

PSD is German CDU-style right, but in a country that has always been leftist-collectivist in their minds it's quite rightist.

Question for Portubros
Is almost everyone else like this too?
If so, why hasn't Right-Wing parties rise to power? Is it the leftist constitution?

This is what I always say. The only right wing party in the country is CDS, which is also too fond of meme movements and cronies unfortunately.

The portuguese as a whole are too leftist and too collectivist anyway.

>instagram.com/p/BPG9uVcg0XN/

Dunno exactly, but there's a great overlap. Engineering is much more applied and pragmatic. I'm mostly doing optimization and machine learning at a well-known research lab.

>worst members of society here are going to Portugal
Was sending your worst people (the Pardos) part of your plan?
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1HBMNgU0Q

We have a lack of industrial power problem, EU said to us, to destroy it and we did, that was a big mistake m8. And of course populations go from the interior to the main cities in the cost, or to Lisbon, or to Porto, or to Algarve cost

>and not about some part of it only
No I think you also added in this part.

A large proportion of the country depends upon a large government. Lisbon literally depends on the government. And every large businessmen here has his liaison in the government.

From left to "right", no one is interested in a true right wing government.

Only a stupid Canadian would leave his country to make a meaningless 800 - 1k euros/month (at best). Assuming ofc he finished the degree.

I'm not Canadian. I'm a Portubro living in Canada.

Those are brazilians. Our women are literal goblins. And no, they have no ass or tits by that matter.

PSD is mainstream right. Don't let the name decieve you, it was just to please commies

lol, fica ai.

Yes, that is the crux of my question, plz answer.

What I meant is that some people should just be proud without cherrypicking some parts to LARP in front of other people.

Tomar is an amazing town bro

Why do you insist on ignoring the problem of VAST wealth disparities within the country of which the EU is not responsible for (in fact the EU sends a lot of regional funds that Lisbon steals, or is that the EU too)? Why do you insist on blaming those disparities in the odd moment you recognize them on everyone but lisboners?

And no, all it would take for people to fixate in the district capital would be a shred of government investment which never gets there.

Would even a historical enemy of Portugal like a brit be welcome.

their ancestors were thicc new christians
bunch went to brazil too. On the very first time Cabral landed here he had jews in his boat already

>Stay in another country
>Wow just abandoning your country and people what a defeatist traitor you are

>Maybe I should go back
>Wow only a Canadian is stupid enough to come back

Não posso aguentar mais isto.

>separatistas
>muh regions

A Nação ergue-se de espada na mão seus conas libertários

CDS *was the "right wing party". Hasn't been very right wing since it was annexed by PSD for all effects and purposes. Obrigado Paulo Portas.

This was in the US with descendants of 20th century Portuguese diaspora, and it dawned on me that these chicks were literal Brazilians, but they were Portuguese, so what gives?

Brit housewives like to fuck beach boys in the southern part of the country. Its only feasible when their husbands are not around so dont forget to send your gf/wife alone.

I don't see anyone larping in serious discussions. I see a lot of "moors and hillbillies" banter but I don't see anyone using those arguments in real discussions.

The number one problem in Portugal is the VAST disparity of wealth inside the country, the utter lack of political power outside of lisbon, and the desertification of the interior.

Economic growth is secondary to this problem in terms of numbers alone.