Army Delta Force vs Navy SEALs

Both kick ass at killing Mudshit terrorists, but which is overall the best?

>Delta Force, which is so secretive it is not officially recognized by the US government, captured Saddam Hussein in Iraq, "El Chapo" Guzman in Mexico, killed ISIS commanders in Syria, and many more

>Navy SEALs, particularly SEAL Team Six (most elite of the SEALs), killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, rescued Western hostages and cargo ships from Somali pirates and bandits, rescued Western hostages from the Taliban in Afghanistan and Iraq, and many more

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_assistance_to_Osama_bin_Laden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blazon
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cias-global-response-staff-emerging-from-shadows-after-incidents-in-libya-and-pakistan/2012/12/26/27db2d1c-4b7f-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html?utm_term=.d12dab0446f8
archive.is/6yEHG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying bin Laden didnt die of kidney faliture about 8 years ago

Its probably JTF-2 though

Is seam team 6 even a real thing? I mean the bin laden raid was fake horseshit and also this. What is the purpose

15 SEALs from Gold Squadron died in a Helicopter crash in 2011 in Afghanistan... seems pretty real I think

yeah there is no possibility that they went in on false evidence and had an accident

Not everything is a conspiracy or cover-up you fucking retards.

Seal Team 6 isn't their real name, they are DEVGRU. And the Bin Laden raid was very real, only a complete fucking retard would question its occurrence.

How do you even join Delta Force ?

Not at all. Delta Force, SAS, JTF-2, and DEVGRU all train and work together, they are essentially equals. But you still have to factor logistics and support from the greater militaries into their capabilities, so American units win hands down.

but some things just might be
>we sure killed him but we cant show you pictures because reasons also we dumped him in the ocean for no god damn reason

I've read that the main reason the Osama bin Laden corpse photos have never been released is because the SEALs pumped over 80 bullets into his body and that such overkill would make the SEALs and Military more generally look unprofessional.

They recruit from the Rangers and other elite infantry units.

Most come from 75th Ranger Regiment or a SF Group. Some come from the 82nd or other conventional units. Really anyone can try out. Most don't make it though. The selection course is classified, but generally it is accepted that at least in the past they'd put you out in the Appalachian Mountains for weeks by yourself doing land nav and timed movements with a heavy pack. This culminates in a 40 mile finisher. Then you go to the selection board and take some psychological tests. If you pass you go on to training for being in the unit.

You decide you want to join, and if you know the right people to point you in the right direction, you apply. From there, you have some admin stuff to do and if you're accepted to selection you're on your way.

Selection itself is another story and there's a lot that goes into it besides the physical.

That said, Delta guys are manlets by Sup Forums standards, most SEALs are not.

We have plenty of pictures. Neither of us have seen them, but that doesn't change the fact that they do exist. They will be declassified in time.

The military has reasons for operating this way, even if you don't agree with it because you want to see the pictures. That doesn't mean the event was faked.

Unlike delta, the SEALs can't parachute into a hostile country, hike for 24 miles, then recruit a guerrilla and stage a coup.

So delta.

Complete bullshit.

Why is their logo a buttplug?

That would be the job of Army Special Forces aka The Green Berets.
They're the masters of unconventional warfare.

Delta is generally viewed as a counter terrorism unit.

Whether bin laden died of kidney failure or cancer or whatever doesn't matter

what matters is that the SEALs didn't kill him
Just think about it, the only "evidence" of his death is a half-assed Photoshopped pic that was proven fake millions of times

I think this probably has a lot to do with it.

This just happened today. I think someone trying to murder all the seals.

>A United States Navy SEAL died in a parachuting accident Sunday in Jersey City.

>The unidentified male soldier fell into the Hudson river near Liberty State Park after his parachute failed to open, officials said.

>According to News12, he ‘appeared to cut the chute loose, sending him plunging into the Hudson River, while his gear fluttered away.’

He died in 2002 - Benazir Bhutto called it and got murdered for

not confirmed but it makes sense to me.... a giant 'fuck you' for 9/11

No, this is where you and most people are fucking retarded. Just because YOU haven't seen evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I cannot figure out why people don't understand how classified information works. US military and intelligence just doesn't have any interest in proving shit to you.

The SEALS did kill him. You can see pictures of the helicopter that crashed at his compound from Pakistani sources. The pictures of him are faked, but by internet users, not the military.

doesn't delta recruit from the green berets though?

Just because the seals crashed a fucking helo inside a random pakistani compound doesn't mean it was the right one

why the fuck did they "throw his body into the beach"

Bin laden was fucking CIA

Even the average Chair Force "soldier" could probably kick your fat Dorito ass, leafposter.

Yes, and of course there is some crossover, and Delta likely does carry out a plethora of different mission types.

Generally though SF are known for unconventional warfare whereas Delta are more so perceived as conducting raids on high value targets, counter proliferation of nukes, and other high profile missions.

In summary your basic white side SF team goes to durka durka land for a year and trains and fights alongside dunecoons whereas delta fucks dumb bitches at the base and flies out on helicopters ..kills high level dune coon and leaves.

Again, this varies.

For you.

They recruit for CAG every couple of years

It was the right one. There is an insane amount of available documentation and evidence to back this up. People like you will discredit it because it's the official story from American sources, and you MUST be smarter than them and can see through it. That's a problem with your own ego, not a problem with what actually happened.

Bin Laden wasn't CIA. Another common conspiracy story with zero evidence to back it up. Even when the CIA was arming the Mujihadeen, their contact with Bin Laden was almost non-existent.

The CIA Bin Laden thing is just another commonly repeated popular lie.

i guess he was really a big guy

but why would someone ram a plane into a tower before throwing someone out?

>BIN LADEN DIED JUST BELIEVE ME WITHOUT EVIDENCE REEEEE
>ALSO HE WASNT CIA DESPITE THAT HE WAS TRAINED BY THE CIA AND ARMED HIS MUJAHDEEN GUERRILLA BY THE CIA DURING THE COLD WAR AGAINST THE SOVIETS IN AFGHANISTAN

Holy shit the autism in this thread is off the charts. Are any of you guys even in the military or have any experience with SOF?

>durr who is better delta or seals

What the fuck? Are you 12? They both serve different roles in the military.

Somebody ITT said SEALs can't parachute into a foreign country, hike 24 miles and stage a coup. What the fuck? Yes they can. FID is part of training for every JSOC component pretty much. Stop spewing retarded verbal diarrhea. SOF units are more than just "durr but who is best tho???" They have different roles and carry out different missions

There are also Marines in Delta. That Delta soldier who assisted with the besieged Benghazi site is a Leatherneck.

didn't the Pakistani Government sell the parts to China? I really do think Pakistan is the most evil place on Earth. Why Reagan allowed them to acquire nuclear technology defies belief

STOP POSTING THE SPECIAL OPERATIONS PATCH AND CALLING IT DELTA FORCE REEEEE

That patch is the MISG (formerly PSYOP) 4th and 8th group patch. I was part of that group.

You want this patch, learn the difference before you post.

Bin Laden did die, and the SEALS did kill him. There's a shitload of evidence, but somehow you're ignoring ALL of it. Again, nobody in the military or US intelligence has any interest in proving shit to you. You don't matter. Get this through your head, and you'll understand why you are confused. We worry about our own national security. Not about proving shit to retards you will look for flaws in the "theory" that the Sun is hot.

Start here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_assistance_to_Osama_bin_Laden

I know a SEAL and I asked him this question, and he told me that Delta guys were hands down the best shooters. He also told me that for whatever reason they like to recruit older guys. You can start BUDS right out of basic training

It's comparing apples to oranges. The reason why they're so good at what they do is because they have a very narrow scope of operations that they train like bastards for.

For instance, Delta Force, who's parent unit is the US Army Special Forces (Green Berets), is a counter-terrorism unit in the context of hostage rescue. Seal Team 6, who's parent unit is the US Navy Seal, specialize in counter-terrorism.

But both units fall under the umbrella of USSOCOM, or US Special Operations Command, a joint service task force.

Other units include the 75th Ranger Regiment, US Navy Divers, USAF Pararescue, and others. They all have a very specific job they perform.

apologies... no disrespect intended

If you have to ask, you don't have what it takes.

Quads, 'rah

look at 's pic

curious.... why JTF-2?

No problem, it's just funny that every /k/ fag will argue otherwise when they never served.

The arrowhead with double bladed sword represents Special Operations as a whole. The duel edges represent the duel agenda of the agency to both fight evil and to teach others to stand up to evil (terrorism, whatever).
SF is the arrowhead with duel edge sword and three lightning bolts.
Lightning bolts mean something something something (I have no idea I wasn't SF).
DF is the sword (or dagger depending on if it's post Iraq war when reform happened) with a lightning bolt that makes a letter D with jagged edges kind of like pic related, but it's illegal to make real DF patches much like in movies military service members uniforms are always purposely made wrong.
You can only be handed them out by the unit.

shit stabbers?

You're simply seeing what you want to see. That picture is very well known, and doesn't mean what you want it to mean. Go read the article.

Read through the link I sent you.

>double bladed
double edged sword
sorry for typo.

SEALs have an age limit, Delta does not, though being old isn't necessarily a requirement.

It's more about having been a professional soldier for awhile, seen adversity both in your personal life, in your leadership/command structure, and in combat if that's something that you've experienced.

In the old Army, this generally meant you'd be around E6, or 7-9 years in the service and looking towards E7 selection. Nowadays, we have a lot of extremely experienced shooters at E6/7, especially in the Ranger Regiments, but they aren't necessarily as well rounded in the other aspects of life.

It's entirely possible, and common, to be a 24 year old E6 in a Ranger Battalion. You're in charge of a squad in a direct action SOF unit, responsible for many millions of dollars of equipment, the lives of your men, and safeguarding Top Secret information. In the old Army, you'd be looking at someone closer to 28 for this kind of responsibility.

Needless to say, a lot of Rangers get rejected when for all intents and purposes they'd seem like excellent candidates.

I got 2 friends on Team 2 out of Little Creek. It's not even a rumor. what I heard is that as they were cleaning up preparing to leave, everyone on the mission put a round in him. It wasn't 80 rounds it was like 25, but bid laden got hit in the dome. So it wasn't pretty. There was also a lot of bad press that was starting to follow DEVGRU and the government/SOCOM did not want to add to it or make anything public.

Complete bullshit. How old are you?

Anyone, from any branch of the military, can tryout for selection. About 75% come from the Ranger Regiment though.

It's all public knowledge. Anyone can tryout. Even if you're from the fucking coast guard.

Delta was initially a copy of the SAS, where the founder of Delta served as an exchange officer with the SAS in Malaysia. SAS selection is open to anyone serving in the British military. Delta followed the same rule when it was founded.

JTF-2 are an amazing unit. They are among the very, very best. I think one of the reasons internet civilians put them above their peers, is because they are lesser known and maintain their operational secrecy very well. There's still a lot of mystery behind them,

In practice, they are as good as the very best. But I still think you have to factor in logistics and support from the greater militaries into overall capabilities. So I would hesitate to put any units above American SF.

Not Bullshit its how it works you apply and if you get "selected" you head to a qualifying course. If you somehow pass the q course then you have bunch of phych testing and if you pass that then you get to tryout

>only a complete fucking retard
Welcome to 4chin, etc

Complete fact.

It's not called the Q Course, you're thinking of SF selection. It's just called selection and any time someone refers to it in that manner, that's what they're talking about.

JTF-2 performs a much more standard role of reconnaissance best, with their DA abilities not being as good. They're excellent at low-vis/recon though. Their SNOT teams are also great.

A buttplug glues, in pale a sword sable.
Nice.

Russian OMON reads HOMO backwards

don't throw stones if you live in a glass house m8

What the hell does that mean? I can't tell if it's profound beyond my understanding, or just one of those weird English sentences only a non-native speaker of Russian origin would say.

he's mad that Spetsnaz are retarded savages?

Theyre both good and a part of the same command unit. They train the same shit, they just have a different mission. Seal Team six is counter terrorism and Delta is counter proliferation, but they mostly do the same kind of kill/capture kebab missions. Want makes Seals stand out is their training in the water of course, and what makes Delta stand out is that the Army actually has infantry doctrine and Delta is made up of oldfags who have spent many many years in line units.

Delta probably has a more professional culture as a unit since we rarely hear about them and it seems every navy seal gets a book deal after they get out.

Just my two cents.

ST6 or DEVGRU doesnt have a selection course per say. It is basically an invite only team of SEALs, team being a misnomer bc its a hell of a lot bigger than most people understand. They are generally well liked guys within the teams with solid backgrounds, a good deployment history and had close friends or mentors who went on to ST6 which in turn is where the eventual invite comes from.

DELTA/CAG/ACE or whatever it is now called has what can essentially be defined as open recruitment. Roughly 75% of those in The Unit come from the 75th Ranger Regt. The other 25% are from Special Forces Teams, 82nd, LRS units and a variety of other Combat Arms. The selection is roughly 50 days plus or minus depending on the class/cadre and yes, it involves a stupid amount of rucking and land nav with distance and time hacks unavailable to candidates.Candidates may be a go and not get selected

The major difference between the two counter terrorist forces is evident from their make-up. DEVGRU has a maritime background that while trained on and executed within fleet operations has been largely sidelined over the past 15 years.This means that the most dynamic skillset this group brings to the table, while sharp, is not as refined as it should be. Along with this, the highly advanced CQB skills of these operators works well during quick raids that go down according to the mission however their ability to transition into a traditional infantry role as missions may dictate when firefights grow and become prolonged is lacking.

CAG, while maintaining a combat diver capability on par with most SOF units worldwide still lags behind DEVGRU and the US Navy SEAL teams as a whole. Their CQB skillsets are second to none and due to the nature of the DELTA operator prolonged firefights remain well within their operational skillset as a huge majority of these guys come from Infantry backgrounds.

These areas are where we see the biggest differences between the two primary SOF CT Forces of the U.S.

They recruit from anywhere in the Army regardless of MOS, as long as you're E-4 and above and have been to Airborne School. That being said, 90% of those guys are former Rangers, about 8% former special forces, and the remaining 2% are guys from random parachute infantry units that by luck got recruited and made it through selection.

If only you had ever seen OMOH, you'd know that even the loosest gayest anus clenches so hard at the sight of them, you can bend steel with it. Homo is the last thing on your mind when you see those guys.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blazon

Seals were caught digging bullets out of a little afgan girl they accidentally killed. Not unheard of.

>Army Delta Force vs Navy SEALs

From what I've seen the Delta bubbas are the silent pros and get shit done without drama. The SEAL dudes let their egos and fucking off keep them from being better.

t. worked with both at JTF-6 and CENTCOM

pic related - Delta legend

thank you user, that was very helpful, and great insight. Sounds like Delta are probably better shooters up close but also a more narrow focus as opposed to the SEALs or other JSOC units

He joined the Army after serving his enlistment in the Marines.

just to be clear... Delta is anyone from any branch, as long as you're good enough..... and Navy SEALs recruit from Navy only? Is that correct?

I don't know of anyone who wasn't recruited from the Teams, but I also am not aware of any specific policy prohibiting them from recruiting outside the Teams.

With that in mind, to join the Teams, there is a specific and extensive pipeline (training) that occurs, so people who haven't completed a majority of that pipeline would probably not be looked at.

The only people with similar pipelines are actually PJ's and CCT's.

He was still a Marine, he was an Augmentee in CAG.

You can google it, but he was awarded the Navy Cross for his actions in Benghazi. The other Delta operator was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, an Army award. If he was Army, he would have received that instead.

Perhaps one would think though my belief counters that.

Likely somewhere into he neighborhood of 95% of ST6 comes from the SEAL teams with the other 5% coming from places such as other Naval and Marine SOF.

On the other hand we look at the 75/25 split Ranger to other in CAG.

The seemingly not so diverse make up of CAG provides a few things: (1) an excellent base of SOF Rangers who provide gumby teams with shooters, breachers and snipers par excellence and (2) a wide variety of doctrinal backgrounds considering 1 in 4 was "grown" somewhere else.

This provides CAG with not only a solid contingent of highly motivated veteran SOF members in the Rangers who are similar in makeup and kind but a healthy injection of what can only been termed as "thinkers" who come from SF A-Teams, LRS, etc. These crosstrained men provide CAG with an established background capable of Asymmetric, Low-Vis Warfare that isnt found anywhere else and is quickly becoming the future of CAG. Former SF Liason team members from Europe or South America already have an advanced and defined skillset often not found anywhere outside of RRD/RRC or The Company. The LRS guys are often up to speed with these types of activities in no time with just a few doctrinal shifts and new skillsets.
The crosstrained veteran special forces soldier new to CAG has a higher degree of Language and Unconventional Warfare training than the "average SEAL or Ranger". These SF types also often possess a higher degree of proficiency with a wider array of weapons than the "average SEAL or Ranger" who is often just as proficient but with fewer weapons systems. I really think CAG is the more well rounded of the two CT Forces.

As a side note with current mission creep we are seeing a misapplication of SOF forces as a whole as commanders attempt to apply them to situations where a conventional unit or similar "less valuable" SOF unit would perform equally well.

CIA GRS are the best at straight throwing lead, but really everyones the best at their niche. SFOD-D > Regular SEALs though, Team 6 is really the same level though.

Combat Applications Group. Potus's own private armed forces all-star baseball team.

>As a side note with current mission creep we are seeing a misapplication of SOF forces as a whole as commanders attempt to apply them to situations where a conventional unit or similar "less valuable" SOF unit would perform equally well.

There's a bit of that, but at the same time, if we take for example something like a ROD mission in an extremely dangerous area (say, an area where the regular Army finds it too dangerous), the regular infantry unit could perform the mission very well, it's their mission set to begin with.

Can a regular Army unit perform that same ROD, bring its 'internal' CAS, its internal fire support, and external CAS to bear with the same precision, ultimately meaning that in a given firefight many fewer to no casualties vs. some to many casualties? Obviously not.

The problem obviously being that you're risking highly trained soldiers instead of less trained soldiers with the idea that the highly trained soldiers are much more likely to come back alive and thus be more palatable for PR overall.

If we fought wars to win them, this wouldn't be happening, though SEAL Teams and ODA Teams would almost instantly be moved to their older roles of guerilla/insurgency fighting and the Ranger Battalions while still performing DA missions (likely on harder targets due to their composition vs. Delta) would spend more time (than now) performing QRF (again, due to size and loadout) and spearhead operations for major offensives.

>not pic related

>Of the 14 CIA employees killed since 2009, five worked for the GRS, all as contractors. They include two killed at Benghazi, as well as three others who were within the blast radius on Dec. 31, 2009, when a Jordanian double agent detonated a suicide bomb at a CIA compound in Khost, Afghanistan.
>source:
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cias-global-response-staff-emerging-from-shadows-after-incidents-in-libya-and-pakistan/2012/12/26/27db2d1c-4b7f-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html?utm_term=.d12dab0446f8

you really have to question the loyalty, training and motives of contractors. Who is a real patriot and who is faking it?"

Always archive media renowned for shilling and clickbait. Thank you.

archive.is/6yEHG

who could forget?

my bad

>Delta Force, which is so secretive it is not officially recognized by the US government
Retarded fucking leaf.

What do you think SFOD-D is?

hiring -

cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/protective-agent.html

inb4 i ain't gonna click that

Absolutely. I only named the commanders as the cause of the expanded mission creep because they are ultmately responsible for the missions they send their men on.

I absolutely understand that there are underlying political considerations that dictate what level of loss of life is acceptable and how this inevitably affects a commanders consideration of one type of unit over another for a particular mission.

You are spot on. This is part of what led Ranger Regt to pick up the brunt of CAG DA missions during and post surge.

ooh a heraldry joke

btw for you retards this means a red buttplug with a black sword in the middle

was someone discussing the best?

Never change Oz.

>not knowing the difference between a sword and a dagger

that's a good point, get it

>not a k bar

Many Anons have hit the right points. CAG comes out of Big Army, and is made up of dudes who have years of eating shit in infantry. SEALS comes straight off the street, usually. Get roughed up for 6 mos in BUDS, then spend another year or two training with their Team before they're up to speed. DEVGRU (6) pulls out of the SEAL Teams, once a dude has proven himself. Different cultures.

You don't want either group coming for you. But, my two best pals are former frogs and the only guy they fear is a former CAG guy. Those fuckers are ghosts, man.