Would you marry a women who wouldn't take your last name

She wouldn't be an academic or a journalist in this scenario.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13064633
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hell no

Nope.

Why won't she take the name?

Depends on how cool her last name is. If it's cooler than mine, I'd adopt her last name, if it's less cool than mine, then I'd have her adopt mine, or make her fuck off.

No.

I could make an exception if it were something like my old dentist who used her own name professionally because she already had a practice and reputation before marriage, but went by her husband's name in everyday life.

Any justification except for her professional career.

I'm not going to allow my last name onto anyone else as it was sustained from a marriage my mother had in 1988 and devoted shortly after. I have no connection with it or any lineage to uphold.

No, she isn't an acedemic or a journalist.

if she doesn't like my name, how could she possibly love me?

As long as she will accept some other publicly visible permanent mark of ownership.

We can't cattle brand women anymore, user. It's current year.

Only if she's part of a royal line. She can keep her name and our children will start a cadet branch with my surname.

this last name shit confused me as a child. everyone in my inner family has the same last name except for me. im not adopted however. my grandparents, aunt and a cousin of mine has the same last name. however my cousin's sister and mother have a different last name.
mexicans btw

Probably not. I have the same last name as John Paul II so my family's always made a big deal of keeping it going.

I would to take on her surname. Mine sucks.

My gf hates my last name since she learned my grandpa changed it to an Anglo sounding name. Also her last name is stupid as fuck (and Swedish) but she thinks it's cool.

I'd fuck her and leave in the morning then forget about her promptly. She's obviously some young dumb cunt trying to "find herself" and is either fresh out of college or still going, her brain high on the fumes of "empowerment" of her social justice classes. She'll spout her inane feminist bullshit, enjoy being "free" and not being "tied-down." Then she'll hit thirty and realize she's washed up and hasn't gone anywhere in life. The desperation will kick in and she'll be happy to take anyone's last name, just as long as she's not alone. She'll either kill herself by forty or revert back to being a mega-SJW so she can blame the patriarchy for the fact nobody wants a beat-up old hag for a wife instead of blaming herself for her own faults.

NO! SERIOUSLY IF SHE DON'T TAKE YOUR LAST NAME SHE IS CANCER!
HOLD OUT HOPE, I AM A NERD WITH NICE LOOKING WHITE WIFE AND THREE KIDS, ALL WITH MY NAME

>woman doesn't care about tradition enough to carry male's name
>cares enough to get married
????
Is this some kind of gold digging whore or something? I don't get it.

As long as my kids have my last name sure lol

why the fuck should i care what her last name is. it's the children's that matter

Is this Kushner shilling?

My last name is "Gil" and in Chile that's like saying "asshole", so I'd understand her

you have to go back

absolutely fucking not whom ever my future wife is going to be is taking the last name macdougall and is going to fucking enjoy it or they can fuck off

Depends on who she was.

Of course you can. Or tattoo them. If she wants to stay, she will agree.

Why are you giving her anything

Unless she's a land owning noblewoman, I will not let her marry me without my name attached.

sure, but the kids will have my last name for sure.

If she can take a load, she can take her husband's last name.

Never really thought about it bothering me, but now that you mention it no.

What makes you guys like any woman would marry you in the first place?

my last name is very cuck but I still wouldn't marry a woman who wouldn't take it

whoa there easy buddy OP only asked a simple question not for your entire list of grievances about women

I would if it legitimately sounds better when combined with her given name.

On the very lowest possible chance that I ended up dating and proposing to the hottest girl from my high school in the future, it just wouldn't be as sexy if she had my last name.

No. She may not be an academic or a journalist, but she's already "ruined" by either or both. It's like trying to eat something that landed on sewage.

>her last name is stupid as fuck
>and """"Swedish""""
Your gf better not be named Mbutu or some nigger refugee name. I swear to God, you fucking leaf...

No, that's why wife has my name.

i'm probably not going to change my last name for my husband but i wouldn't force him to take my last name or anything like that in any scenario
my father had two daughters, and his brother died young and didn't have any children. its the end of the lineage and i wouldn't give it up, even if my father traditionally disagrees with my idea (even though i can sense he is quite happy at the same time)
at the end of the day this all has to do with if i'll ever have children, because ideally i'd want them to have two surnames, hyphenated.

I'm not a belgian and I'm gonna get married soon. My last same is very african and her first name is very belgian.

she's ecstatic to be bearing my african name and my african child

No, but if she bluffed as if she was considering not taking my name I'd play it cool and try to act like it's her choice but I'd prefer she took my name and see what she said

hard mode: she sucks your dick a lot

Yeah i dont give a flying shit about her having my surname its her choice... Tho i want my kids to have mine...

Post feet with timestamp i luv u pls respond bby

I have a 4 letter last name, I just need to find a grill with a really long last name and show them the joy of quickly filling out forms.

No! also strawpoll.me/13064633

It's one of those self-explanatory deal breakers.

A leaf. Always a leaf.

No, but you also have to consider that not all cultures do this. Women from spain for example don't take their husbands last name. If this was the case I would have her take my last name and our children can have her last name as one of their middle names.

I think having the same last name is important to show the importance that a family is a singular unit.

Only if her name was McBadass...other wise you are a little bitch. Period.

>enslaving yourself to the vaginal jew
not even once
where do you think you're trying to datamine, NSA?