Ask a transhumanist anything!

How much longer do you have until dad turns off the wifi?

Do you think you will ever look like Adam Jensen?

Why is transhumanism a silly idea to you?

1. Wtf is a trans humanist
2. Trans between what. To be trans or in transition you need to be in-between 2 stages

>Adam Jensen

It would be an improvement.

>the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.

>>the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.

Lmao so like progressive eugenics?

Why haven't you become a herald of the coming of the Overman?

Why do you want a Jewish BORG nightmare cube instead of a replacement for the god meme with a new man?

secular bivalvular dolphinist here. OP is arguing from a specieist point of view so please disregarded most of what it posts.

I'm a Vulcan now. You have to pay for my ear surgery and also pretend I'm like 20x stronger than you or it's transphobia.

What about niggers?

The human race is evolving, but it is a slow and inefficient process that will not change much I'm your lifetime

More of a technological bent than a biological one. Much bigger leaps too.

Godhood is the goal

We can uplift them if we chose.

You could live in a VR where you are a vulcan.
What about them? We can make every human millions of times better.

when will you kill yourself traitor?

We all know you only want to live forever to live a life of self indulgence

Tech will make that process exponentially faster.

Love Ted~

What's wrong with that?

>Godhood is the goal
Not without Naturalism. Don't let the BORG and their central computer win!

>being an anarcho-primitivist
>actively trying as hard as humanly possible to renounce the redpill and take the bluepill.
>being this much of a spineless cuck
user plz.

Why is naturalism desirable?

>them
our pronouns are chirpchirp and chirpchirpchirpychirpychirpychirp

>uplift
are you implying an implicit gravitational bias? this is insensitive to certain species.

Uncle Ted was NOT bluepilled

Well, nothing of course. But I wouldn't trust someone putting wires in my head unless I'm the designer.

Ted was a boomer faggot raised on TV versions of reality with boomer ideas about nature. Read his manifesto and it was emotionally retarded. Just like his stupid bombs.

If I had his math IQ I would rule the fucking planet. Nerds have zero common sense or talent for rational thinking.

At least the Joker made sense.

Fuck Ted

What's your angle here?

Favorite Ted passage

I don't think people would have any motive to harm you. Besides, no one will force you to do so if you don't choose.

Do you think that there are any cultural requirements for successful evolution of a species, or is it just a matter of innovation.

i never said he wasn't about that. the point of technology is as a weapon to be wielded against the masses of the ignorant and the globalist scum. the ability to disseminate information to the masses for them has never been higher in human history but the enemies of humanity wield it better then even we do as our position is not as easily accomplished.
people actively want to be imbeciles and those who know better have a responsibility to teach the masses of the ignorant rather then give up and hide in the mountains and the woods as kaczynski has asked for. he has fallen to despair and you should not.

>I don't think people would have any motive to harm you
>Being this naïve

>Why is naturalism desirable?
Because nature is reality and there is NOTHING unnatural except human delusions.

The delusion itself is in fact a natural occurrence and behavior but not the belief in it.

The BORG is not god or alive. The VR world is not life. It's delusions. VR itself is natural, but not believing the game is apart of life. You might as well sit in a monastery and dedicate your life to a false idol.
Don't waist your whole life playing World of Warcraft.

Don't waist you life memeing a horrible BORG society (Israel's Commie whet dream). The BORG is the ultimate nihilism.

Don't lose 30,000 yrs of upgrades for a shitty cyborg life.

Embrace the Overman!

im just trying to warn people about the dolphin menace. the japs seem to be the only one's listening. dolphins want to enslave all humans. they are evil and should not be trusted

Are you afraid of death?

Well, from a philosophical perspective the dumbest thing you can do is go full synthetic. Genetic engineering mixed with some mechanical augmentations are the way.

Why should anybody care what you have to say about anything?

>waist

Kekekekekekekekeke!

"waste"

I believe technology and AI will knock down any biological barrier between the races like a tractor demolishes an ant mound.

There will be strong ethical guidelines in place to prevent such abuse. And what motive would someone who can be in paradise have to try to manipulate and hurt you?

We are probably living a simulation currently. VR will not just be a headset, it will literally be another existence as real and 'true' as this one. To be honest, the concept of 'reality' and what is fundamentally true is only important so far that we can innovate ourselves into a better station. Is a happy 'delusion' fake if you don't know it's a delusion?
>this guy

A bit. Death is just a sleep without dreams. I can't mourn myself if i no longer exist.

How do you know that the augments will not have made backdoors to control the population?

>Well, from a philosophical perspective the dumbest thing you can do is go full synthetic.

Why?

You shouldn't.

In a world ruled by AI where everyone can live in their ideal existence, there is no point in trying to control the population.

You imply that the technology will be made available to everyone at once, that whoever designed it didn't have other plans in mind, that the technology won't be hoarded by those in high power positions, etc.
There's a reason why transhumanism is a recurrent topic in many dystopic settings in fiction.

Yeah, but the problem with machines is that they lack motivation. Every action relies on the input of an emotional being.

Do you have a mechanical dick?

Because you cease to be yourself, only becoming a copy of your consciousness at a given time

But why the AI would have the best intentions? Even if it would, to me that sounds like surrendering to hedonism, imo its not worth it to jailed in a reality where you will never escape

Would you say that computers were horded?

What Shit school did you learn about transhumanism at?

No Pedro, the thought is basically that we can use technology to improve the human condition. Biological processes like aging or diseases can be cured. Functions of the human body can be augmented or added. Computers can extend our mental ability.

I am also a transhumanist, however I prefer the biological route. What is the obsession with becoming synthetic? You do realize that a large amount of what makes us human is our brain chemistry? There is a good chance we will not be able to recreate that in a synthetic mind. Not only will we not be human, we wont be able to do anything except calculate like machines. What motivation does a machine have to do anything, if it feels no pain, feels no suffering, feels no joy, feels nothing except formless thoughts? The way is through eugenics and then genetic engineering. We should become 12 foot tall ubermenschen with a god like visage. Literally a race of god emperors.

Jotaro, is that you?

>Comparing tools to medical advances
If it's made available to the public, chances are the developers were funded by the US government, which guarantees that the CIA will have 2000 backdoors they didn't tell anyone about. And if a handful of big corporations get a monopoly in augmentations they can make sure that people who augment need constant repair and replacements, JUST LIKE IT HAPPENS WITH COMPUTERS.
Trusting someone to modify your body is just jumping to slavery

are we going to make it?

>i noticed you don't have any bathrooms dolphin accessible

>trusting hollywood
The Jewish media wants you to believe that even with improved morals and intelligence human nature is still inherently selfish.

Cooperation is what led to the success of humanity over other apes and hominids, and if it's possible for one man to become superior to all his other men, he will not ally with his competitors, but uplift near-equal versions of himself who will be loyal to their benefactor.

The uplift process is not inherently a scarce resource.

It probably won't. But like the car was once only for the rich, this technology will trickle down like all the others. Very quickly too, improving all the while.
We could program an AI that wants the best and cares for all living things, big and small, alive and dead, to grant them their desires.
>Because you cease to be yourself, only becoming a copy of your consciousness at a given time

We're already doing this though. And the change could be gradual like in real life.

>But why the AI would have the best intentions?

Because that's how we programmed it.

>to jailed in a reality where you will never escape

It would be the farthest thing away from a jail. I'm sure you could 'leave' to, if you really wanted to stop existing.

I'm serious op, I want to know the name of school where you learned about transhumanism

The only way you would be technically yourself if it was a gradual change through nanomachines or something.
The difference between cars and augmentations is that you cannot get a grip of someone's life and control him forever through the use of a car.
It was cooperation between small groups and competition between them, not cooperation on a whole. Turning everyone into equally powerful machines and removing both the competition and the randomness factor is a way to guarantee a sterile stasis.

> What is the obsession with becoming synthetic?

More options, VR, death is impossible.

>You do realize that a large amount of what makes us human is our brain chemistry?

We can recreate this on a simulated scale. We are probably living in a simulation right now. Don't worry, you will still be human with all the same emotions.

Everyone will make it.

Learned it on Sup Forums, researched it for myself. It turned me from a racist nationalist to a humanist technophile.

post feminie penis mr. trap

>The only way you would be technically yourself if it was a gradual change through nanomachines or something.

Sounds good.

Wrong thread?

Not so sure anyone would trust having anything "Installed" that wasn't opensource at the very least,
100k people working on something usually works out better than 100.
The thing is we get into weird territory with that sort of stuff as well when it comes to things like patents, most of it wouldn't be patentable, especially if the licence transfers itself forward.
They probably "would" need replacements, but I would hope most people would focus on modularity (I.E. If you take it out nothing bad happens.
I personally wouldn't get any deep tissue implants, unless there was some sort of nano machine system; but could anyone really trust those to keep working/stay free from reprogramming?

You're misinterpreting the argument.

Hollywood always portrays transhumanism as resulting in dystopia.
The reason transhumanism results in dystopia is because it is scarce and limited to only the powerful, in fiction.
Essentially Ubermensch use their superiority to oppress the untermensch.
All the transhumanists form a cabal with each other, rather than fight amongst each other.

Which brings us to

>It was cooperation between small groups and competition between them

This is what will happen in reality.
Transhumanism arrives.
Transhumanism is extremely expensive, so only billionaires can afford it.
Billionaires become superhuman, and become even richer.
Compete against each other because of differing ideology.
They come to a stalemate because they can't out-think each other.
Billionaires realize they need more help, and start uplifting chosen allies to their intelligence level.
They work to find out the cheapest and most effective way to do so and stay competitive.
Eventually it becomes so cheap there's no reason not to uplift a base-human to your level, especially when you can rewrite their genetics to your tastes during the process.

op is trans so i want to see that trap benis and boipucci ;)

I'm CIS scum though.

post boipucci

You can't. Not even with current tech simple prosthetics. You can hack a pacemaker with as little as a notebook and a modified antenna. Google Barnaby Jack.
And that doesn't raise any red flags for you? You must be the kind of people who thinks Rousseau was right
Well, I'm currently studying electronic engineering and I'd love to design the deep tissue ones. Also, a nanomachine malfunction would be cancer on steroids. The more complex the system, the bigger the failure.

Why is Stannis the Mannis?

Yeah, any sort of wireless tech is a bad Idea.
It's seriously worse than leaving an Ethernet cable loose outside as you can at-least "look" where you left the cable.

You have a nice pragmatic mindset, but this is a case of when, not if. Of course we have to be careful and cautious. But it's inevitable unless something catastrophic happens.

Sup Forums had the biggest crush on this guy. He is /ourguy/, of course.

post boipucci trapanon

Also, there's already the technology to alter cockroaches' movement by connecting electrodes to their antennas. They are sold as toys. Now imagine extrapolating it to bigger roaches, like the turks.
Well, of course. Blind idealism without preparing for the worst leads only to suffering. If this technologies aren't stopped by some purist movement to keep humanity in biological chaos, then all bets are off that we will be ruled by those who financed the project and those who developed them... Forever.

Why do you want to see a man's asshole?

> If this technologies aren't stopped by some purist movement to keep humanity in biological chaos

Interesting. What do you mean by this?

>Why do you want to see a man's asshole?
i want fuck op's boipucci. I like traps.

The world is mostly already controlled by the same groups, but there's enough chaotic elements (As people aren't completely rational) to keep a certain level of freedom. Once that everyone is physically plugged into the system through augmentations, it's over. There's no way to avoid being monitored or maybe actively controlled through small algorythmed inputs unless you avoid getting those modifications. It takes one overly-ambitious person at the top to just turn into a slave, as your body becomes a potential weapon against you. Think of the way we mostly depend on our cellphones, except you can't get rid of them and cover your tracks if you're a political target like Assange.

Look up randytaylor69. Trap who makes some good youtube vids.

That's a well founded belief. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. And you will see.

but i want your boipucci not that faggot

Upvoted

Mark my words: Once the tech is commercially available, only hackers who refused to ever upgrade will be free.

And this is fair, since the capital they provided lifted humanity up to a new level.

Hail to the free market and hail to technological advances.

t. Bob Page

That game was utter trash. You could not support the technological agenda, even though this would have made the world better.

fucking leftist propaganda of chimping out against technology

Wish you luck in the next stage of your life, serf