I sometimes read that Christianity absorbed and integrated European pagan values...

I sometimes read that Christianity absorbed and integrated European pagan values, and that Catholicism simply didn't overtake paganism overnight, can you tell me more about that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hdrLQ7DpiWs
youtube.com/watch?v=S8sKNOxyd8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking christmas faggot

One way to think about is the different ways Catholicism was practiced in Europe. For example Ireland is known for its Catholic Monks, which was not a system that was used in continental europe until it spread from ireland.

Catholicism is paganism+Judaism

Easter comes from the celebration of "Ishtar", a goddess from Mesopotamia who represented love, beauty, and fertility. This is how rabbits and eggs became symbols for the holiday.

It kind of makes me feel like that it makes the religion seem I don't know...cheap or fake? It's like how you can just add/subtract hours into leap years or day light savings even though that makes time seem less valid.

What about more heroic and warrior like values?

nah, just some wishful thinking by LARPers and american evangelicals.

Christmas is Jul
Easter is Ishtar

All of the symbols and dates are pagan with a dead jew stuck on em.

Watch varg he pretty much rages about this shit all the time.

kek confirms

jesus christ is still based tho youtube.com/watch?v=hdrLQ7DpiWs

Easter derives much more closely from Passover, but of course, is flipped around theologically, celebrating newness of life in Christ, victory over death, etc. Of course such universal themes of life have overlap with traditional pagan fertility festivals in the Spring. Pagans weren't wrong to celebrate such things, they were just misguided to worship them directly in the form of personified dieties, rather than the one true God who created all things.

the tradition of saint patron is actually idolatry of other gods pre existing that was made acceptable by christian norm

jesus birthday was decided by the pope to match the worship of sol invictus a deity that was popular in europe
they had a big party every 25 december so the church decided to replace the god worshiped but not the date

Most of the saints are replacements for pagan lesser gods.

Mary = Mother
Odin = Father
Thor = Son

There is nothing in the scriptures about the trinity.

The older I get the more impressed I am with Jesus if he was as they described him. You really have to transcend basically being human to get over grief/anger/hate/suffering and I guess if God's your outlet that's as fair as anything else. I feel like that type of polarity only could exist back then. Plenty of people want to claim they stick to their values but are just bastards/hypocrites in the end.

Easter and Passover are completely different thematically. Easter is about life, birth, and rebirth. Passover is about freedom from slavery and oppression. There are exactly two seder items, the herbs and the egg, that make any reference to the Easter themes at all. The two holidays have nothing in common, and I say that as one who did Passover seders and Easter Mass every year growing up.

what is the purpose of wearing a christian cross? does it give you some sort of protection from demons or something?

A holdever from when you had to so you didn't get akbar'd by tolerant medieval christians practicing their religion of peace

source: My Ass

Keep worshipping a sandnigger and throwing your sheckles into his collection plate

God the Father is explicitly mentioned throughout the entire Scripture.

Christ the Son is the focus of every prophecy and the focus of the entire Bible.

Christ explicitly mentions the "helper" and "comforter" and this is confirmed in Acts to be the Holy Spirit.

God the Father = 1
God the Son = 2
God the Holy Spirit = 3

So you've obviously never read Scripture, which also applies to shit like this:

>Easter is about life, birth, and rebirth.
No, it isn't. You're taking the symbolism attached to the holiday and pretending like it encompasses the theological basis of the holiday, which is only possible if you have no understanding or experience actually doing the dirty work of serious exegesis.

Basically, the only people who buy into this kind of shit are uneducated rubes and (((historians/philosophers)))

You might like this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=S8sKNOxyd8w

its bullshit by ignorant jew servants who fall for the divide and conquer tactics

Christmas is yule
Easter celebrates Ishtar
Jesus is a (((jewish))) archetype
Christianity is a scam and sibling of comunism

I would imagine Christianity absorbed values of European natives as well. You could research the relationship between Romans and natives in Europe to learn more.

and yet marxists are anti christian bourgeois society

Saints make it possible for Christians to have sacred sites in their own homelands. Otherwise, everywhere sacred is limited to Israel and scattered across the Mediterranean

>celebrating the birth of Christ and his resurrection is pagan

kukeri, martenici, lazarov den, egg painting

hur dur, no paganism in muh pure christanity

nigga pls.

>and yet marxists are anti christian bourgeois society

Because similar ideologies are stiff competition and Marxism hates competitors.

Jh

Every mjor catholic festival has his roots in paganism

Christmas is 23-24 because of nordic gods
Having a christmas tree is a pagan ritual
Easter bunny = pagan ritual

All these things were added to Christianity so Pagans would convert more easily.
In the end we celebrate Christmas because Jesus was born that day.
Nobody knows if he really was born in December 24

according to paganism what are the consequences for not believing in paganism?

If you are stupid enough to not believing this, take a look on Catholicism in Latin American, Philippines and Africa