South China Sea

>Chinese sees islands and says "this is mine"
>UN says "No China, those islands belong to other nations"
>China says "Alright, I'll build my own islands"
>UN says "No, China, don't do that"
>China says "Why?"
>"J-just don't"
Is there any reasonable ethical justification for why they shouldn't? Aside from stop being scary, or any hippy environmentalist bullshit.

those islands are in other country's EEZ
EEZ = resources/oil
of course they don't want chinks in there

>Is there any reasonable ethical justification for why they shouldn't? Aside from stop being scary, or any hippy environmentalist bullshit.
no the usa is just controlling and hypocritical

t. Chang

When did anyone start caring what the UN said?

stay out of my universities zhang

It's expensive as fuck probably. That money could be better spent developing affordable AI waifus.

imagine being this much of a brainlet

dont post anymore bogannigger

>Calls others brainlet
>Contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion
10/10 post my man.

>Is there any reasonable ethical justification for why they shouldn't?
Yes, because they're taking what doesn't fucking belong to them. Two world wars were fought over exactly that principle, China, for some reason, didn't learn that lesson.

>Australian
>shilling for Chinese expansionism
You're some special kind of cuck. On Anzac day, do you go around apologizing to Turks?

>>Contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion
Kind of like how you didn't present the UN's actual argument when you made the thread? You just impersonated it as a stuttering retard.

Australia = Chinese nowadays bro

>Chinese established military base on foreign EEZ
>Used as base to plunder local fishermen's catch
>Chinese pays em a few boxes of cigarettes
Its basically a way for chinese navy to go play pirates on the local fishboats.

Control over shipping lanes and international trade routes. China is haxx0ring to nobody's surprise.

Piss north of the Cooktown and China will claim it as their sea territory, fuck the Chinks.

>shilling for Chinese expansionism
I'm not shilling for Chinese expansion. In fact I wish that they'd all get the fuck out of our housing market and stop driving up prices while letting their tax haven investment properties sit empty.

Just kind of admire the "fuck you" and get-up-and-go of building entire islands because people say you can't have the ones that are already there.

It's about laws not attitudes

They only want Senkaku because of the oil.

>letting China dump god knows what in the middle of the ocean
We shouldn't be letting them exist desu

That and to spite Japan

pretty sure they all have military purposes which would make china pretty hard to invade from the east. don't think US really like the idea of China being impenetrable so they just use the environment as an excuse to stop them

The fact of the matter is that theyre building it to try and expand their territorial claim.

That island wouldnt really help them militarily. its basically just an offshore dock, and they would need hundreds of those to even compensate for their lack of logistics. Theres a reason the pacific campaign involved "island hopping" You need airbases across the entire pacific to reach your enemy in force.

> its ok when USA invades other countries
> its ok when USA set up bases in other countries illegally
> its ok when USA steals resources from other countries
> its ok when USA does it

fuck off you all cucks

>UN
The Hague kangaroo court is UN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're just mad we took Puerto Rico and the Philippines from you

Pretending to be "God" by creating landmass.

Same reason why cloning and human genetic modification is illegal/banned.

Because they threaten America's death grip on the planet. And if America ever ceases to be too dog, then the Chinese ethos will take over. People will become completely disposable cattle to be wrung for every last drop of usefulness. Mass depopulation will follow once people are no longer "needed".

Pick your poison. But I'd rather have America rule the world under false pretenses than China with ruthless, inhuman calculation.

Back in the late 1950's Royal Dutch Shell did studies and tests in the South China Sea for Oil and Gas. These tests were conducted with minimal publicity and the results were buried in the company records in obscure technical briefs. The reports stated that a "SuperGiant Oil and related Gas field, believed to be the size of Saudi Arabia's Ghwar Field, lies beneath the seabed of the South China Sea in the vicinity of the Spratley Islands however inaccessible at this time" Meaning they did not have the technology to tap this Field in the 1950's. Today they do. As much Petroleum as in Saudi Arabia, all of it in China's backyard. It's obvious...

its dishonourable t b h

And you'd rather China do the same?

Nah, would rather have China

these islands are being built in other countries waters.
would be like finding a reef just of Australian coast, pumping sand on then building air base. Suprise china is island between Aus and NZ.

>Mass depopulation will follow
Maybe China isn't so bad after all/

I wonder how you'll feel when you're working 20 hour days, 7 days a week.

Why doesn't China respect us and our territorial claim?

Believe me, If USA had complete power over the world then things wouldn't be as they are right now. USA is ruled by satanic jewish elites who want a NWO installed.

All the degeneracy currently going on in the world was created in the USA.

why doesn't you respect our claim? Next time find a real court and we'll talk

>I'm not shilling for Chinese expansion. In fact I wish that they'd all get the fuck out of our housing market and stop driving up prices while letting their tax haven investment properties sit empty.

It's the old white investors. Chinese investment doesn't affect the market according to all economists

You don't think all that would be amplified ten fold if China dominated? The same NWO powers are betting on China precisely because of their desperate, clumsy ambition.

>Philippines
>respect

I do not think any country respects the authority of Philippines

Your claims have no basis, even the ones near japan were under US control after ww2, and given back to Japan, the same goes to the phillipines.

1832 until 1948 The West has freely taken Chinese territory that 'didn't fucking belong to them'. They're sure as hell not going to give a fuck now, especially seeing as their economy is the world's strongest now. Their expansionism is merely copying what they have suffered during their century of humiliation
It's just muscle flexing fuelled by nationalism and exceptionalism

what a wonderful ideology : )

>Your claims have no basis
yeah SCS Islands first found by chinese is not a base, then why don't you give back america to americans, and gib back puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam while you at it if you're so moral like you said

So what did China take from someone else?

Tibet? Xian province?

>1832 until 1948 The West has freely taken Chinese territory that 'didn't fucking belong to them'
Do you have any fucking idea how small the territory which was Han-majority in 1948 was?

China is double the size it has any business being, and it lays claim to thousands of square km of territory in which FUCKING NOBODY speaks Chinese.

You dumb Belgian cunt.

Because Jewmericans are power mad lunatics.

US has always been ruled by jews retard.

To be fair
None of the asean countries can enforce our claims
We claim, but let pirates actually run it
So idc anymore

>Chinese sees islands and says "this is mine"
Oh rook at these irands we just built in middle of water!
Rooks rike they ours now!

Jews in America will just build thousands of islands around China and any shipping will have to pay a toll to get through new American waters just outside the Chinese economic zone.

thanks to those leftist retards here, Americans got removed from their own bases here on flipland. """"Coincidentally""", chinks hastily moved forward to Spratlys. Really makes my noggin joggin

Goddamn I hate this fucking shithole

See the USA is controlling "other countries", which are cuck Europeans and UN.
What surprises you that all said countries against china when its in favour of USA?

>building shit in typhoon & tsunami wonderland
kek

This is very important and largely ignored. $5.3T go through South China Sea yearly.

This is why Chinese are terrible at chess.
They will pollute international waters with hundreds of thousands of islands that will monetize their claims. Its ridiculous.

>china claims the whole sea as their EEC

good luck with your deep sea islands leaf

Don't sign the UNCLOS next time then dumbass

>>Whites sees islands and says "this is mine"

racist

made me giggle though

They bought virgin islands fair and square from Denmark. otherwise i agree.

>They're sure as hell not going to give a fuck now, especially seeing as their economy is the world's strongest now.

WEE HEEEE PAY MY RENT GOY

Glorified oil drilling platforms only require an anchor as beer the new chink definition of island. They will essentially occupy the surface above any resources or create an economic zone of their own.
Wanna leave your south china sea chink?
You got to pay the toll.

Fuck off Brit.

You're in no position to speak, the only position you're going to be for the forseeable future is bend wide for Islamic cock.

Everyone is racist only Jews tell you its only whites

[CITATION NEEDED]

Its already wide from seventy years of kike cock

>1. An island is a naturally formed area of land, surrounded by water, which is above water at high tide.

2. Except as provided for in paragraph 3, the territorial sea, the contiguous zone, the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf of an island are determined in accordance with the provisions of this Convention applicable to other land territory.

3. Rocks which cannot sustain human habitation or economic life of their own shall have no exclusive economic zone or continental shelf.

why bother with the farce if it doesn't fit the law?

Technology allows the island to sustain both human habitation and economic activities.
Billionaires will start building islands and not paying taxes its going to new everyone until the guns decide who owns what.

>Is there any reasonable ethical justification for why they shouldn't?

Because they're a nation of people who spent two centuries getting pissy at imperialists and foreign expanionists and went full authoritarian as a result, yet they're acting exactly the same. They're a lot like Russians in that respect.

Technology still doesn't fix #1. You can't artificially create a naturally formed island.

>territory has to have a han majority to be considered Chinese.
Well fuck, guess Vancouver and La ought to just secede

Qing dynasty china as you know was manchu ruled and led as a republic of sorts akin to ancient rome. Unsurprisingly , once the mongol threat had been struck down once and for all, the multicultural empire flourished, until your country (and mine, and a plethora of others) started whittling away at qing sovereignty and demand extraterritorial concession ports.

The territory they lay claim to now simply amounts to the area of land when their empire was at its largest, their actions justified through mystification and glorification of its past, much like the Western countries did (and some still do) to justify their expansionism.
I'm not arguing on whether it's a good or bad development. I'm just pointing out that the expansionism and the reactions of regions wanting to be independent nation states is ultimately a Western invention.

It's quaint really. Sup Forums tends to be very nationalistic yet when foreign powers follow the exact same ideology, they are derided.

I have a theory that you won't like to hear
>pissy at imperialists and foreign expanionists and went full authoritarian as a result
It's not this, it's islam
You are becoming more like china every passing year

>It's not this, it's islam

Islam has a marginal impact on the PRC. What are you talking about?

>You are becoming more like china every passing year

What? As in, pissy at imperialists and foreign expansionists? Yeah. That's the mainstream in 99% of the developed world and has been since 1945. China has moved away from being like that towards full on conquest.

>have a sectarian muslim civil war in the country
>marginal impact

It is no different to China showing up 2 miles off the US coast and building an island. It is still those other country's EEZ's. China is evil and wicked.

Mainland Chinese are filth, but unfortunately the West has left it far, far, too late to easily nip them in the bud.

Meandering fools.