WWII

You're only allowed to post in this thread if your grandfathers fought in WWII.

One was a navy communications officer and the other was a navy seaman.

Happy Memorial Day boys! (No, oil war plebs don't count)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBNKkLTYk6g
youtube.com/watch?v=_5f7WXlGxZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grand Uncle was in the air force. Shot down a lot of Nazis. Too bad.

My grandad Fred served in the Navy

How many commies your grandpas killed in WW2.

My great uncle was an airforce pilot in the pacific theatre and shot down a 6 or so fighter planes. He said he never felt bad because they were going to kamikaze eventually anyways.

>finland

definitely less than your grandfathers

Grandfather was in the Royal Air Force (sorry, Dresden) and my other grandfather was a hohol refugee who ran away from the USSR after the war for German "collaboration" (it wasn't really).

Mine was an anti tank commander for the Russians, died at 24 in Latvia I believe

Mine was in the artilery of the Red Army. Got heavily concussed near moscow. That probably saved his life cause all healthy members of his Unit died Shorty after

Grandpa was an engineer and was forced to work for the nazi's, yay. Pic obviously related.

Grandpa was a captain in the army: North African/European theater.

Great uncle was another army captain in the pacific theater.

Other great uncle was a flying officer in the army air corps. Flew in the pacific.

Other great uncles (who were younger) were junior enlisted all over the pacific in the army.

>Great uncles face as he told me what it was like getting charged by jap suicide bombers trying to blow up the tank he was riding on with mines strapped to sticks.

My grandfather was a truck driver in the
Wehrmacht. Born in 1894, he was a already a WWI vet and fought in the Battle of Verdun. At the outbreak of WWII, he was 45 and too old to serve in combat units, so he was in support. He survived and lived till he was 84.

One uncle took part in the invasion of France in 1940. In 1941, he was captured by the British in Greece and spent the rest of the WWII in a POW camp near the Suez Canal. The British had a manpower problem and used German prisoners to fill in for certain roles. My uncle work in a motor pool for the British and would proudly say that when a British officer needed a car, he needed to see him.

Another uncle was in the Wehrmacht and didn't tell me much except that his unit eventually surrendered to the Americans. Didn't say if he was in Eisenhower's death camps after the war, but maybe that's why he became a communist.

This old Mestizo man I knew fought the japs, a lot of latinos enlisted in the Marine Corps to fight the japs in the southwest, he was in Gloucester, Peleliu(almost died), and Okinawa(got wounded, luck ran out)

t b h, Pacific War veterans get my respect, it wasn't easy to rip the nips out of their holes on those God awful islands and maintain your sanity

My grandfather was a drunkard field worker who's parents crossed the rio grande before he was born

My grandmother's brother died in Normandy, my grandfather survived. I mourn for them today.

No clue, but he was one of the last ones to come back from gulag, so I don't really know what he did there.

also, this is now a Pacific War thread, posting Muhreens and Salty Pacific Soldiers but Wehrmacht pictures are welcome, I can't seem to find any combat shots of them anywhere, just parade pictures

My Great Grandpa was a Colonel in ww2, don't know how I feel about this now that I've been redpilled and realized he was a jewish puppet

Happy Memorial Day fagos, and to my fellow oil war vets, just hang on, I feel that I time is coming soon, don't forget and don't forgive

Mine drove a tank in Italy, he said the Burgers shelling was so inaccurate and the Germans so accurate, it meant they were getting bombed twice.

Grandpa served on the Enterprise. He was a great man.

My paternal grandfather was in the Dutch resistance, my Maternal grandfather in the Wehrmacht.

isn't life funny?

>fought

>communications officer
>seaman
???

Grandpa got 4 Bronze stars and 1 silver star on his Pacific Campaign accommodation. Never would talk about how many people he killed, or killing in general.

>tfw amtrackers still look like this today

>ITT Americans taking pride in (((saving))) Europe
thank you, may the merchant rule forever!

>grandad at 19yo
>fought at the western front
>died in the 60s due to cancer

Wish I could have met him. Other granddad was too young for the war, was finishing school in 1944.

My grandfather served in Latvian ss and fought against russians, and red plague.
youtube.com/watch?v=aBNKkLTYk6g

Our grandfathers broke the back of fascism into two pieces. And we are able do it too!
Rise /pol, we'll ruin this nazi scum as part of our heritage.

my mothers father was a corpsman in the pacific theater. got wounded at iwo jima. my dads father fought for the germans in ww1. he got gassed and then served rest of the war as an officers assistant.

Not sure exacly, many.

Grandfather, dies before i could meet him. But brought home alot of cool things, japanese money and some hand crafted thigs from the phillipines. He etched everywhere he was on a cigarette case

Grampo was battle of the Bulge and Caen, forward observer. I was a forward observer in afghanistan 2010

Grampo was battle of the Bulge and Caen, forward observer. I was a forward observer in Afghanistan 2010.

tfw your grandfather fought in WWII on the russian side

His picture

My grandfather was the bombardier on the Enola Gay. Get on my level, nerds.

Don't feel bad, they had no idea what was going to become of this country when they fought against Hitler.

One was drafted to Soviet side, faked injury and newer saw battle.
Other fought as forest brother for Estonia.

hindsight is 20/20, I literally cannot be mad at American WWII veterans, they were just young men caught up in the shit storm of their time like the poor bastard on the other side

Grandfather was mobilized in the SS and served on the Eastern front (parts of Slovenia were annexed to the Reich in 1941). He did not really mind because he ardently hated the communist who at that time were busy taking over Yugoslavia. His unit surrendered to US forces and he avoided repatriation to vengeful commie bastards by pure luck to live in Germany.

He was a good man.

My father fought in said war, and passed away as a martyr in the hands of the vermin nazi soldiers. He always believed in Brittania ruling its OWN waves, here's to your dad !

he also escaped the holocaust to fight the nazis in poland

youtube.com/watch?v=_5f7WXlGxZ4
After moving back he steped back to Kurland front, and they held the line for germans untill germany itself capitulated.Then he joined forest brothers.

Well my Situation is pretty weird.
Im Polish visiting my small German roots right now. My German great grandad was in ss of Pommern. While my Polish great grandad was a Polish partisants who fought first the Germans but was killed by the communist after the war. He continued the fight even though he knew it was arleady lost. Im proud of both. They were both victims of the jew. The funny thing is that they were both catholic monarchist(the German family didnt bought the reformation meme) and passed their views on their children.

Fought AND died. Never met him.

He knocked up my grandma (also dead now) before deployment but he never made it back.

By the time my grandpa got to Europe, it was almost over. He never saw combat. Does that count?

Can I post if I have WWI pictures to dump?

Major General John Carpenter was my Great Uncle

no

aß er panzerschokolade?

Oh shit, I thought I read WWI,

I do have WWII pictures though.

Did your Grandfather made it through his forest brother period or did NKVD catch him? Mine made.

My great-grandfather fought in the British 14th Army in Burma, don't know much else sadly but planning to look into it more.

he made it actualy, got realy lucky somehow.

Gegen Frankreich? Topkek

exactly the same shit here, only NSB instead of wehrmacht

My grandfather was a Marine, 1st Marine Division at Guadalcanal and the re-take of Guam. He was hit by a Japanese stick of dynamite and put into a coma. He woke up in 1947 and thought the nurse above him in the hospital was an angel and converted to Christianity. He was a Squad Leader apart of an Infantry platoon.

Does it count if you fought in WWII?

Sure!

my grandfather died when fell from a watch tower in ausschwitz

No. Fuck off. Grandchildren only.

Great grandfather on my dad's side was a Luftwaffe pilot and died in the war.

Great uncle was a surgeon for the Canadians in Europe.

Grandpa was Navy Seabee at Okinawa. Great-uncle 82nd Airbourne Div. D-Day.

wew

Mine was fucking clever. And revenged for his father and mother and little sister who were deported to Siberia in 1941 and who died there.

one was stationed in Greenland of all places
my other was stationed in Hawaii - he worked on the tarmac and filled up the plane that dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima

My grandfather killed commies in nam.
I can't wait to do the same only here.

If your grandfathers faught for the allies they were the pawns that brought down the west. Great job.

LMAO

Your grandfathers fought to save it and now you're the current pawns bringing down the west. Good job.

2 Grandfathes died one was in the oven and the other was putting him in the oven