Is there ANY work of literature more cucked than this? The protagonist not only raises another man's child...

Is there ANY work of literature more cucked than this? The protagonist not only raises another man's child, he raises that man's cuck-baby too. He barely shows any concern over his actual, biological children getting killed. His evil alter-ego type actually apologizes to his wife for his "primitive" jealousies when she goes to fuck another man and have his baby.

Other urls found in this thread:

izt.ciens.ucv.ve/ecologia/Archivos/Filosofia-I/Dune 1 - Dune - Frank Herbert.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't remember any of that Paul one a guys wife in a knife fight, and raised his own kids.

You should re-read the book bro. I think you got confused.

Paul kills the father of those children and takes them. Doesn't sound like a cuck to me, rather the opposite, because he also takes that dude's wife as servant.

When the human race it's falling and people it's being eaten by giant sand worms, I'm sure everyone would want to listen to your concerns.

NOOO MY WHITE ETHNO STATE

FUCK OFF WORM IM IN CHARGE HERE

Bet there's not many threads as appropriate for that...

>Is there ANY work of literature more cucked than this?
the bible but it's more science fiction than dune as well

(((He who controls the whites controls the universe)))

perfect.

quick: prove that you are not a newfag and say what duncan idaho's purpose was!

That is entirely being a cuck. Raising another man's spawn, or two men's spawn, is the literal definition of cuckoldry.

No, it's all in there, in black and white.

izt.ciens.ucv.ve/ecologia/Archivos/Filosofia-I/Dune 1 - Dune - Frank Herbert.pdf

Check out pages 221 and 307 of the PDF especially.

Liberal cucks who want to live in a femdom cuckhole.

The only cuckery going on was frank herberts hard on for islam. Its still a decent sci-fi universe though, rivalled only in scope by the 40k universe.

To be the ambassador to the Fremen and to spy on the ladies. He also kills a bunch of Sardaukar covering Paul's flight; he and Gurney are behind the super-soldier program of the Atreidies, but it's hard to say how much of the contribution should be credited to whom.

No you don't understand, when Paul kills that man they're no longer the other mans kids. He TAKES them. Just like he took his wife.

to be reborn over and over in the axlotl tanks to serve the same fucking purpose.

Why do you say something is the "literal definition" when it literally isn't.

the entire shit is based on western stereotypes of iraq
what a load of garbage

>No you don't understand, when Paul kills that man they're no longer the other mans kids. He TAKES them. Just like he took his wife.
That makes him every bit as much of a cuck as a man who moves in with a single mother. And it's not like Harah doesn't mention that; she poshumously praises Jamis for treating his own spawn as well as the other cuck-child, implying it's abnormal in their society.

Plus, he doesn't take take Harah into his bed, as is "proper". That's why she gets the Ghanima nickname.

and this is how you prove that all your opinions about dune are worthless. the central theme of the dune universe is the struggle of dominion between organic and artificial intelligence. as a counterweight to the guild's approach of the latter, the bene gesserit started a millennia long project to create the ultimate organic being - duncan idaho. paul aids this cause as the kwisatz haderach because 'seeing where others cannot see' means him being able to 'read' genetic code and thus being able to accelerate artificial evolution.

you may pass, friend.

It is in fact the literal definition you idiot. He is wasting his parental effort into children that aren't his own.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

>The word cuckold derives from the cuckoo bird, alluding to its habit of laying its eggs in other birds' nests.[2][3] The association is common in medieval folklore, literature, and iconography.

It's a story. A novel. Sci Fi classic. You're taking this shit too seriously, user. Go outside and get some sun.

Dude, he TAKES them as his victory right, along with the guys coffee service. He even nicknames harah 'useless war trophy' (can't remember the firemen term)

LEL

are you aware of many WH40K related works are out there?

Dune doesn't even come close, those GW jews shit out content all year long

*fremen. Fucking spellchecker kikery...

>the central theme of the dune universe is the struggle of dominion between organic and artificial intelligence
No it isn't. The AI's lost thousands of years before the story, in the Butlerian Jihad, and aren't coming back anytime soon. The central theme is an attempt to escape/overcome the biological imperatives, which is why, among other things, Herbert lionizes cuckolds.

>as a counterweight to the guild's approach of the latter, the bene gesserit started a millennia long project to create the ultimate organic being - duncan idaho.
The Kwisatz Hederach was SUPPOSED to be the child of Feyd-Ruatha and Jessica's female child, but Paul got there first. Duncan doesn't even enter into it. Duncan Idaho isn't even remotely connected to it or the Bene Gesserit programs.

That's how it's derived, not defined, numb nuts. You are literally misunderstanding the definition.

It's just a bad book, user. Like most science fiction.

It was published and written almost 60 years ago...

>He's not a cuck because he's cool and badass.
Idiot.

Also

>mfw OP clearly has read more than just the original/first book
>yet he posts a thread about how much he hates Dune

Clever lad.

The definition of a cuck is someone who spends parental effort in raising children that are not biologically his.

Paul raises children that are from 2 different men, neither of them his own. Ergo, he is a cuck.

You are wrong, and stupid, and very probably one of (((them))).

Yeah, it's sort of sci fi Laurence of Arabia, noble desert people's etc. ..

i know dear
your might have heard about iraq only in 2003 but we actually existed before you were aware of our existence

>dear
Don't be a fag.

>your might have heard about iraq only in 2003 but we actually existed before you were aware of our existence
Yes yes I know, you wuz mesopotamians an sumerians an shiet

You are casting too broad an definition. Cuck means, literally bringing up another mans child that your wife gave birth to. We also use it metaphorically to describe self hating leftist useful idiot types.
Adoption does not equal cuckery (excluding adopting nogs to virtue signal)

Based dunebro, you are welcome in my sietch anytime.

>The AI's lost thousands of years before the story

yes and they reappear later again in the space guild or whatever their english name is.

>The central theme is an attempt to escape/overcome the biological imperatives

that is true but it only makes sense in a dualistic view. how can you overcome something that has no horizon? hence the element of ARTIFICIAL intelligence as a rival to organic intelligence. the former spirals out of control once, has been banned before the story of paul, reemerged again long after paul becoming emperor of known space, dying, and living under another identity and are ultimately only stopped by the bene gesserit, whom achieve 'god' through selective evolution.

>The Kwisatz Hederach was SUPPOSED to be the child of Feyd-Ruatha and Jessica's female child, but Paul got there first. Duncan doesn't even enter into it. Duncan Idaho isn't even remotely connected to it or the Bene Gesserit programs.

babby tier reasoning which i will not comment. it is obviously false on top of that.

>Cuck means, literally bringing up another mans child that your wife gave birth to.
No, it isn't, which is why I brought up the history of the term. Fuck, if you restrict it to "wives" then anyone who has their unmarried gf cheat on them and raise her nigger crotchspawn isn't actually a cuck, which is just retarded.

> Adoption does not equal cuckery (excluding adopting nogs to virtue signal)
Yes, it does. You're wasting parental effort on another man's seed. All adopters are cucks by definition, unless it's one of those weird "adopt your own kids" things.

>The definition of a cuck is someone who spends parental effort in raising children that are not biologically his.

Wrong

>yes and they reappear later again in the space guild or whatever their english name is.
So, in other words, they're the central theme to a completely different story?

>
that is true but it only makes sense in a dualistic view. how can you overcome something that has no horizon? hence the element of ARTIFICIAL intelligence as a rival to organic intelligence. the former spirals out of control once, has been banned before the story of paul, reemerged again long after paul becoming emperor of known space, dying, and living under another identity and are ultimately only stopped by the bene gesserit, whom achieve 'god' through selective evolution.
That's all irrelevant, and implies that you can only find meaning in Dune in relation to other works. The premise of Dune is the conflict of human vs animal, not natural intelligence vs non-natural intelligence.

>babby tier reasoning which i will not comment. it is obviously false on top of that.
Translation: I got called out on an error and now I'm going to hide like a little cuck retard he-bitch. If Duncan's so important to the Bene Gesserit, why is Moiham all concerned about Paul, but not about Idaho's imminent death? Why does Dune both start and end with Paul overcoming the inner animal in a test of both physical and mental fortitude? Why does Duncan barely get 10 lines in the whole book? He's not an important figure. A good fighter, and that's pretty much it.

No, otherwise Jodorowsky would not be interested in it.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Wife/fiance/gf/significant other or whatever if you want to argue semantics. My point is, adoption is not indicative of cuckery.
If Raban had fucked Chani and Leto II had bright red hair then you could call Paul a cuck but thats not the case.

>Duncan
True but in the series he's crucial, especially once he hooks up with that honored matre shaggy machine murbella

How long have you been waiting to post that?

> My point is, adoption is not indicative of cuckery.
Of course it is. Moving in with a single mother is the act of a cuck, and there was no cheating or fucking of the gf. Adoption is no different, other than legal terms involved.

So, in other words, Dune has no independent meaning as a book, and you need to read 5 other books to give it a meaning. That's the dumbest thing I've heard this afternoon. And it certainly doesn't point to any Bene Gesserit selective breeding to make the original Duncan.

(((Jodorowski)))'s dune looked like it would have been extremely gay and pretentious as fuck. Im glad David Lynch ended up making it, even if it did bomb at he box office. Would have been nice if he'd kept the HR Giger designs though.

even during frank herbert's time his further novels went deeper into this topic. also i might have false memory here but i am quite sure that the talk about purifying genetic lines and breeding a man who can see and alter those lines (kwisatz haderach) were already in the first book. only the movies made the criminal offense of omitting this story line. regrettable.

>thinking Jodorowky's tendency towards pretentiousness is bad

Bitch please read Metabarons, or Incal

Be honest, how much longer will it be before people are too stupid and impatient to get past the first page?

he only followed the fremen custom and it's not as if he even needed to personally raise them. there was no hint of any emotional investment whatsoever on his part.

We ourselves... foresee a slight problem within OP`s mindset

It would have been an overly long, unnecessarily esoteric and highly pretentious arty-farty weirdfest had he made it that would have been furiously wanked over by the likes of john lennon.
His unrealistic expectations and poor handling of the finances meant it never got made.

>even during frank herbert's time his further novels went deeper into this topic. also i might have false memory here but i am quite sure that the talk about purifying genetic lines and breeding a man who can see and alter those lines (kwisatz haderach) were already in the first book.
Yes, but the Kwisatz Haderach has nothign to do with Duncan. It's Paul and the hypothetical child that female-Paul would have had with Feyd-Ruatha that was to be the KH.

Fremen custom is NOT to treat those children as your own, which Paul does. That's why Harah remarks as how unusual Jamis was.

Is Maglor a cuck for raising Elrond and Elros?

I like how you tried to apply your definition of a maymay to just one thematic device in one of Franks books.
Maybe you should read the whole series.
>hfw he gets to Chapterhouse...

Also avoid like the fucking plague any of the shit that his son and Kevin J. Anderson.

Really can't tell if bait or not. Congrats

>Jessica is the Baron's daughter

Literally sickening lmao

So is it actually worth reading the sequels made by Frank after the 1st book? I'm only 1/5 through the first book FWIW

>ywn be sexually enslaved by an honored matre

Why even live...

If you like the first, definitely. But like that user says, only the books herbert wrote

you can't be a cuck and at the same time be the most powerful man in the universe, literally worshipped by everybody around you. mathematically impossible.

Yes. One of only few scifi series I have reread more than once.
And as I and another user have already mentioned - if it's by Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson - dodge it like it's a medicine ball heading for your nuts at 127mph

Sure you can. Hell, look at half the Roman Emperors. External power has nothing to do with inner cuckoldry.

Any work of fiction that has super women in it is a submissive male fantasy. Writers tend hard toward the submissive end of the spectrum so stronk women is a pretty common theme.

you should delete this image. You'll never find a use for it again.

>Is there ANY work of literature more cucked than this? The protagonist not only raises another man's child, he raises that man's cuck-baby too. He barely shows any concern over his actual, biological children getting killed. His evil alter-ego type actually apologizes to his wife for his "primitive" jealousies when she goes to fuck another man and have his baby.
The Bible

He has said that the Bene Gesserit were loosely based on his missus Bev. Apparently a lovely lady.

ITT: an illiterate cretin shows us his inability to read and understand one of the scifi classics. And like a bunch of twits we engage him....

I wish my reactions were this good.

>but le cuck may may xd
>i read the first 10 sites of the first book

op should take his cowboy boots and ride into the prairie