Utah switches from lethal injection to firing squad

>Utah government chooses firing squad over lethal injections

>Lethal injection drugs are scarce, which means Utah will be using its second choice, firing squads, to carry out the death penalty.

>Gov. Gary Herbert signed bill HB11 two years ago to allow execution by firing squad if lethal injection was not available.

universe.byu.edu/2017/05/23/utah-government-chooses-firing-squad-over-lethal-injections/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mc0eoCaqL4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok this sounds badass.

How do i sign up to be on firing squad?

I hope they keep it even when they get enough drugs. Lethal injection is a terrible way to go.

A fucking beehive

Lethal injection just means you get strapped to a table and wiggle until you're dead. And the doctor administering the drug has to individually carry out the act. Lethal injection is an undignified and inhumane way of execution.

Why don't they just cause a morphine overdose until their heart stops?
Its humane because any pain that there would be is covered up by morphine.

this is a good step. fuck those expensive jewish chemicals. day of the rope soon

It is extremely painless.

I've been saying we need to do this for YEARS! Like a decade! Way to go Utah. Let's see the mother fucking criminals squirm now. Hope it hurts.

For you

Except when they fuck up the mixture and you're still awake when your heart takes five minutes to stop.

Bullet is quick.

Stop trying to take our jobs
Reeeeeeeeeee

FFS just strap a stick of dynamite to their head. Doesn't get much more painless than that.

the guillotine should be brought back

why not just use helium gas like the assisted suicide people say

If I were to be executed, I would do it this way. Refuse the blindfold and enjoy my cigarette... Blubber like a fucking baby over my wasted life and missing out on seeing my daughter grow up and then be blown the fuck out.

Why are Mormons so blood thirsty?

what's funny is the reason they don't have enough drugs is because sjw's shut down all the drug makers because "it's inhumane" woops :)

>That'll be 80 shekels for a ticket to this new type of show goyim!

Why do they need some crazy mixture of rare drugs?
Why don't they just give them a bunch of morphine or a helium bag or something?

This. It's only bad for the people watching.

Or, more realistically, this. I don't know why either. Everything has to be politicised and made complicated.

I don't get it.
What's the point of an execution if its painless?

It's an execution, and he's being executed for committing some heinous crime, him feeling even a little bit of pain or discomfort doesn't matter.

>any last words?
>*unintelligible squeaking*

The firing squad isn't what you think it is.

It's a box full of rifles aimed at the prisoner, with the triggers hooked up to a cable in another room, with two dummy cords that don't do anything. Then three cops in the other room yank on the cords at once.

Which really is better than having a doctor personally and physically inject poison into somebody. Or Florida and Texas with they're crazy electric chair killing machine.

Good.

Now the stupid libfags can stop with this whole
>"but it costs more to kill than than to keep them alive"
bullshit.

A bullet or rope doesn't cost much. Everyone should just switch back to firing squad/hanging executions already.

Actually it's because the pharmaceutical industry stopped making the drugs for the sake of virtue signaling. In reality they just don't want inmates to get executed when they can keep feeding them taxpayer purchased meds behind bars instead.

now we just need to replace their rifles with napalm weapons and we're in business

>Live in Utah

How did you hear about this shit before I did.

This desu.
Moreover, trying to make a "clean" way of executing a citizen is simply dishonest. If you're facing a firing squad, you know, and everyone else know that you fucked up and society wants to put you down like an enemy or a wild beast.

this is some grade a bs they don't preform enough executions country wide for there to be a shortage. I don't care really but the reasoning seems like a lie.

The gift of this timeline just keeps on giving!

Can we just get rid of the death penalty? It's costly and gets innocents killed. Plus death can be a sweet release for some of these people.

Good. Now scale back the fuck out of the appeals process that lets someone sit on death row for 10+ fucking years.

You get the death sentence. You get a week to put your affairs in order. You get a 20c bullet to the brain.

If you're going to have a death penalty in the first place, atleast make sure it's efficient.

You can feel the drugs as they flow into your arm. Also fuck needles.

we shouldn't get rid of it all together. if someone 100% without a doubt murdered someone it would be better to kill them than to waste money keeping them alive.

Best final words belong to Texas's Charles Bass:

>I deserve this. Tell everyone I said goodbye.

I mean hey, we've got a history of shooting prisoners soooo

becuase you can kill them without having a raging boner m8

this is why whites are scared of becoming a minority,you animals are cruel as fuck

Pistol to the head and then sell the useful organs.

Make prison profitable again!

>not the guy who yelled out FRENCH FRIES as his final words

Why not just offer to let someone pay to be the person to kill them. It'd be like those loli comics/toys that prevent pedo's from touching real kids, and it would be a way to cover the cost of the execution...
>libertarian free market economics at its finest!

I quite like Carl Panzrams last words:

"Come on you Hoosier bastards! I could kill 10 men while you're fooling around"

well at least that is a step to admitting to your countries war crimes, now just to do the next 99% of it

>You get a 20c bullet to the brain.

Where can one procure these 20c bullets?

you get it right after you grow a fuckin set and have a dozen kids*

*only applies if you're white

With the amount of money your government pumps into the MIC, if they seriously can't procure a bullet at 20c i'm appalled.

A dozen? I'm already running out of names I like and I've only got 4

>firing squad
Thats even more meme tier than hanging people. I mean, seriously, all these states breaking their ass to find these special kill drugs when they could just be using rat poison or a rope or some shit like that. If it's about it being "cruel" than why not just give them a lethal amount of morphine?

based fucking Utah.

no excuse now as bullets are cheap.

I disagree with the death penalty therefore I am going to ban the lethal injection drug.

Ok I guess I'll just shoot him.

N-n-no w-wait.

>20c

bruh, I can order bullets for less than 4 cents per online and have it delivered in under 12 hours

This

Noice.

It's not uncommon for the mixture to be fucked and the person be in pain for possible even hours. It's also very expensive. A bullet or two is cheap and quick, pretty much better in every respect.

YEAH BABY!

so do you get in trouble if you grab all three strings yourself and yank the fuck out of them? Fuck ambiguity. I want to knoooowww....

Actually, best last line goes to another Texan executed in the early 2000's. He recited the chorus from the Robert Earl Keen song, "The Road goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends!"

Hopefully they switch from rifles to using shotguns with 00 buck in them.
Then all they have to do is hose the area off.

What happens if you just shoot the guy in the nuts on firing squad duty?

The time delay between being injected and dying is the terrifying part. If it were me, I'd rather take the bullet to the head. Much faster and cheaper.

One of the unalienable rights humans are endowed with is the right to be free from cruel and unusual punishments.
Untold suffering is pretty cruel and unusual.

youtube.com/watch?v=mc0eoCaqL4g

Utah has been using firing squads for many many decades already. It was a choice in that past of the condemned.

It would be extremely painful.

Uu
Uu

No. The costs come from the lengthy justice system that the case has to through before a person can be executed.

Liberals have only themselves to thank for this. They are the ones making it hard to get lethal injection drugs while launching frivolous lawsuits whenever an alternative is found or when the state botches it with an unsuitable alternative (OMG the condemned prisoner was managed to take two breaths when the 3rd fatal dose was administered!!!!). This will be yet another unintended consequence of their short-sighted attempts at sabotaging the death penalty.

No, in this case in particular I'm fairly sure it would be more painful for the prisoner.

In all serious, why don't they just put the dude in a room and pipe in carbon monoxide?

Or just a lethal dose of anesthetic?

it would be extremely painful

I would rather get executed by firing squad. It's the soldier's way.

Not strapped to a table and injected like a cuck.

I don't think any place has more than one dose lying around at any given time. Wouldn't surprise me if that stuff was specifically made to order.

There should be a claymore in their room, and a timer from 1 to 45 years, which randomly would detonate it.

And they shouldn't have toilets, so the entire jail slowly fills up with excrement and everyone drowns in it, including the guards.

>sticking someone with fucking needles
>humane way to kill them

Also,

>all these fuckers saying lethal injection is a painless way to kill someone

Apparently these idiots have never gotten a shot.

FUCK I HATE NEEDLES. I'd rather be hung, beheaded, shot, or gassed. NO FUCKING NEEDLES.

Well mister anonson, the day of your death has finally arrived. As your final request, Would you like the firing squad or lethal injection?
>Firing squad, I just want it over quickly
Ah, the lethal injection, a fine choice
>Wait no I said-
GUARDS! take him to the room
>NOOOOOOOOO
ah unfortunately, we are all out of the tranquilizing drugs, so you will be getting a full dose of the lethal injection and feel every single second of it. Is this ok or would you rather be shot?
>YES PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST SHOOT ME
ah, shot from a needle it is then. Enjoy the after life!
>NOOO GAH UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH... *Ded*

>white
>religious
>desert

Utah is like the Saudi Arabia of North America.
I like it.

Most suppliers and manufacturers are unwilling to sell them the components of the lethal injection. Ohio had this problem a few years ago and chose a different, untested cocktail which didn't work so well. How you like the drug war now?
The firing squad is more reliable and humane anyway, if we must have that Judaic crap in here.

How do I move to Nipland?

Why don't they bring back crucifixion as capital punishment. Fuck me I'd pay to watch a livestream of that

So is getting shot through the face

utah will save civilization.

I love how pussified we have come as a society. Simply shooting a condemned criminal gives anyone ptsd, I will concede doctors aren't meant to experience such a thing. Am I a psychopath for having no problem with putting a bullet between a criminals brow?

"hanging people" is dangling someone through a rope for multiple minutes of agony, it's snapping the neck (or a separation between 3rd and 4th vertebrae, I don't remember) by the noose from falling from high enough

*isn't dangling
wew