Why do some Americans claim to be part of cultures they're not? Do they have no pride in their own country...

Why do some Americans claim to be part of cultures they're not? Do they have no pride in their own country? Do they do it to make themselves feel special? The worst are the (((Irish))) Americans.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=you're not irish you're american
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's like a weird thing people pretend has something to do with your personality (oh you're _____, I should've known!)

fuck off and mind your own business you rotten toothed inbreed subhuman eurofag

See this is American and it is beautiful.

First, nice trips.

Second:
>Do they do it to make themselves feel special?
Yep. Same reason people do those DNA kits.

its because Irish Americans got hazed especially hard when they arrived. So they formed an annoying subculture that never has truly died.

You notice how there isn't a single American claim to care about the UK "heritage" its because all of the original Americans had UK heritage so they never got hazed or had to prove themselves.
Brits/Scots/Welsh are the original Americans, they have nothing to prove. Unlike the Irish which didn't assimilate as well.

ETERNAL ANGLOS

well yeah, American history is always a tad ironic.
Even though they didn't want to pay tea tax to the king, they still held onto old British prejudice about the Irish.

We're not British, yay!
Oh wait, the potato eaters are coming here? FUCK THEM, WE ARE PROUD OF OUR BRITISH ROOTS.

Only white Americans who are like 3rd or 4th gen, maybe even 5th gen who happen to be Irish, Italian, Anglo, German, french, and slightly Cherokee are the ones who are cringey as fuck about this. Lots of white Americans do this because white Americans are Euro mongrels with no identity so to make themselves feel unique they call themselves Irish or Italian and LARP as those groups even though they don't speak Italian and eat spaghetti once a week and call themselves Italian.

For my case I'm Lebanese but I'm also a first gen immigrant. So I still eat the food, speak the language, listen to the music, and generally enjoy the culture of my homeland. I find it kind of stupid to think that once I have grandkids they might consider themselves lebanese when they don't speak arabic and have never been to Lebanon, at that point they're just American. For some reason Euro-Mongrel white Americans don't accept that

Up to second gen is allowed but second gen must recognise they are impure and ween themselves off ready to raise local 3rd gen.

>checked
I'm a potatoburger but I don't give a shit, I was born an American and I'll die an American

This is actually true especially about forming the irish subculture, I live in Boston so I see it, but I don't understand why white americans who have been in this country for so long and who are usually multiple different European ethnic groups like to say they're still part of those groups. They've never been to these countries, they don't speak the languages, it's just weird. America has plenty of culture and things to be proud of so it just seems silly to LARP as the groups that make up your DNA kek

When I immigrated over my family made it a point to not stick out and immigrate fast, even changing our last name and making sure we were observing behavior of americans all the time to figure out how to act. You need to become an American so I don't know why white american try to LARP as Euros

Exactly yeah. I suppose it's good to be proud of your roots but you gotta assimilate and 3rd gen or 4th gen immigrants who claim they're basically from another country is just weird

Americans had it drilled into their heads by their media and (((hollywood))) that the Irish are somehow not worthless and worthy of any level of respect
you even see some people on Sup Forums who still think this way even after realizing their media constantly lies to them in other regards
quite sad, really

17th Generation American here. Prior to emigrating to the colonies from England, my ancestors had emigrated from Scotland a century before.

Some of my family still consider themselves to be Scottish-American. 500 years later. That's silly, but says something about the staying power of Heimat.

America is a nation, you can't be "American by birth" any more than you can be Chinese by birth.

we wuz potato farmers n sheeeeit

kys you fucking neckbeard

Yez u can ur passport means ur government ownz dat ass

As retarded as those people who live in the appalachia who consider themselves 'american' as an ethnic groups may seem, it makes sense to consider yourself american by ethnicity when you family has been in the country for 500 years. Saying your scottish is retarded at that point lmao. Your ancestry is scottish but you're a quintessential american

Also how the fuck do you know your family has been here for 500 years? Thats pretty cool

You're obsessed with us mate, which is understandable considering the Irish are the master race
Fuck off, Irish Americans are based

>Master race
>National mythical creature is a manlet

We have no national mythical creature mohammad

Death by firing squad to the paddy vermin

nobody asked you italy

Family's been here for 400 years (382 to be exact). 100 years prior to that in England.

As to how I know that, all Old Stock Americans of a certain class have extensive family records. We're like the Mormons.

Anti Irish is code for anti white

Nice to see you fall for (((Anglo))) subversion tactics

The Jews run the UK, always have.

Tired of this gay meme. You'd be fond of your Doggerland lineage after the flooding dispersed your people across the North Sea. You'd tell your children stories about the old homeland and they'd be curious to learn of their ancestors' customs. You're speaking from a position of cultural homogeny that only great expanses of time can permit. America is in its infancy relative to the cultures of Europe, so of course their grandparents who came here in the 1860s is going to inspire a bit more curiosity in them compared to your great grandmother^15 who got raped by William the Conqueror.

WE'RE AN ITALIAN FAMILY WE GO TO OLIVE GARDEN EVERY SUNDAY

>"Muh heritage"

>FLUORIDATED

Oh that's pretty cool man. I wish I knew the history of my family like that

This entire thread is literally nothing but muh heritage, just look at this faggot

>>Globalism must be defeated
>>Identity is gay

Pick one

>To be fair, while the BMJ study said Americans' teeth are no better than the British's teeth, it stopped short of saying they were worse. The researchers actually talked about "a mixed picture," with Americans having significantly more missing teeth and the British reporting more impacts due to dental issues
>at age of 12
Translation: Brits have shit for oral hygiene and American kids are more physically active than Brits. I imagine both can be linked to that shitty slop you call food.

What a faggot.

Lack of identity in a culture makes people latch onto ones they find most appealing.

See Islam for example.

Attention all divide and conquer kikeniggers: Fuck off. It is perfectly fine to adapt to the land you inhabit while still recognizing your roots and practicing the associating cultural values at home, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Strong roots and pride in that helps to stave off depression in people. Without this, the only culture that will ultimately be allowed to survive is a culture that isn't a culture at all. Just mindless, vapid, consumerism. Again I say, all divide and conquer kikeniggers had better fuck off.

Don't be sad just because the Irish don't accept you as their own Dinkleberg.

>american
>active

>Without this, the only culture that will ultimately be allowed to survive is a culture that isn't a culture at all. Just mindless, vapid, consumerism

Man brings up a great point here

This study implies that you would actually go to a dentist.

Sorry you feel that way, anchor baby. Maybe you should go back.

It is no different American Irish is just buying Guinness and St Patricks day balloons it is the definition of jewing.

Obviously most caucasians in America have an ethnic background that is European.

I think a better question is why do British asshats have an undeserved sense of prestige when they have snaggle teeth, inbred faces, and the majority speak in an accent that most respectable English speakers cannot understand. Worse than an Indian accent.

You literally have shows dedicated to British obesity problem. You're not waddling to far behind us.

I love america...I also love my german heritage...

But America always comes first.

It's basically an instinctual tribalistic response we had to having a multicultural society forced on us by the jews.

Mostly because being American isn't an ethnic term. Naturally people want to identify with a biologically related group of people.

Enjoy national italian day, Chuck.

Looks like wallmart isnt the only thing reeking of shit

Found the assblasted bean orphan

Did you even read my post or just glance at it, say, "OY VEY," and then attempt to misdirect the point in the hopes that others would follow your lead?

Don't bother answering.
Quit trying to false flag my post, Schlomo.

ya i am totally italian woooo i watched them in the soccer WORLD SERIES!

lmgtfy.com/?q=you're not irish you're american

The fuck are you on about you shallow minded turd? I'm talking about culture, tradition, and values. You're the faggot bringing up shit linked to mindless consumerism, which if you had paid any attention before you would see that I am clearly against that.

Fucking a, you bilgerat. If you can't even bother to keep up, don't post. This isn't just about the Irish you gigantic bundle of sticks. This idea encompasses any and all creeds, cultures, and people.

Thank you for demonstrating to everyone here how much of a divide and conquer kikenigger you are.

Not being special cuts you deep and it is really funny.

Why can't you identify as an American instead of a knock-off Irishman, Goldstein?

Assumptions and projections that I hypothesize stems from your own feelings of inadequacy, bong.

I'm not Irish, nor do I claim to be an "Irish American."

This is just a general idea that applies across the board. You know this and you know it's impact and this is exactly why you are trying to belittle and discredit these posts, kike.

You are even pulling a page out of the Alinsky handbook by trying to call me the kike when you are the one displaying such obvious kikeness. I am being honest in my intentions. Are you? Nope.

Checkm8, schlomo.

USA is superior nation. Not sure why people always want to brag about being from yurop. Washed up plebs, USA is the future of the earth.

Being in touch with your ancestry and genetic history is important. What's in your blood is part of who you are, it's what defines you. Your American birthplace is part of what defines you, as well as the blood going through your veins.

But I agree, everyone acts like a cunt about it. If you're going to brag about your Irish blood, at least try to read up on Irish culture.

We was the niggas of Europe and really didntdonuffin but you still hatin.
ya meeeenn son word yeeeeahhhhh boy

we was niggas n shit
from the winter island ya bitch
paler then any other motherfucka we reflcting you brits
Moved to america now you still calling us hicks
but we just laugh and watch as you get blown up hit by the mix
you are all so full of it
so just sit

-We was niggas, a rhythmic Rap My Mcdonaldohoolahanoconer

And that's exactly why they need to get here, quickly, before Hadrian's Hyperwall 2.0 encircles us and we go into full turtle mode. Europe is lost.