How does Sup Forums feel about dead malls?

how does Sup Forums feel about dead malls?

can they be saved? should they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ
youtube.com/user/moviedan/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Niggers and internet killed malls. You cannot save malls without killing the 2.

I have an idea but you can fuckoff.

Normies killed malls. You went there and it was full of normies REEEEE.

wow ok

Literally nothing of value of lost.

Some malls are converted into hospitals or office space. There isn't any shortage of office space in the US though. Majority of the floors in any high-rise office building anywhere are vacant.

Could probably convert them into apartments with some work but idk there is much demand for an apartment that takes 15 minutes of walking to get to your car. That's probably the main reason they died off.

theyre beautiful though

they are

They'd make great camps.

I'm baffled this is an issue just fucking wow, how many malls did you Autista build.

we built enough to accommodate the demand for them at the time

depends on your city
i live in a pretty rural-ish town (normal for canada, small compared to the rest of the world), and our *main* mall has been holding rather steady, but our other malls that aren't in the downtown core are absolutely destroyed. the people that own them must be hemorrhaging money.

from what i've seen just being across canada and the american midwest is that malls are being ignored in favour of those big box stores like Walmart
There's usually more room for stock and the price you pay for property is negligible to that of mall fees, some of which have gotten ridiculously expensive, because well ironically enough, no one goes to mall.

they probably wont be "Saved" but there is still a place for them. for now.

So why aren't they being used anymore, if your pop is larger.

I feel a bit sorry for the people who worked there losing their business or just being forced to undertake the cost and stress of moving their business. Went to a mall near my home a while back and while I was buying shoes I chatted with the Clerk and he was telling me about how they were going to be pulling out in a few weeks. Since then (perhaps a year ago now) the mall is essentially dead and will be closing down completely soon.
>Can they be saved?
One of the big reasons they die is because a new highway has diverted traffic away from them by being quicker and more efficient, the only way you could save a mall killed by this is somehow reroute traffic back through the location of the store. Possible but probably not efficient or economically feasible.
>Should they?
Probably not, it would probably be more efficient to convert the shell to whatever function it can serve best. Keeping businesses starved of customers alive is just an infinite money sink because no amount of money injected into a business can bring it's customers back once they've found somewhere else to shop that's easier to get to.

white people order stuff off the internet these days, malls only have niggers and spics and they don't buy enough stuff to keep them going

is this a serious question

I don't know if this is stupidity, naivety, or apathy, or carelessness but your posts have genuinely made me angry because of how clueless they are

Just wait until they find out we're intentionally increasing the rents to drive out businesses and drive away customers with increasing costs, in order to do exactly that--turn them into camps.

This makes a bit of sense, I'm fucking glad the mall thing never caught on here. We have three in my city one south one north and one in the town centre. They won't be closing any time soon.

5v5 paintball in the mall!

Lets buy one to convert into a combat simulation arena with real guns converted along with a indoor range

Malls died when they let in blacks, same thing with cinema now.

How fucking hard is it to realize white people want a place for white people. That's all they ever want.

Concentration camps?

No, it's a real question, I dont live in the US, this isn't an issue we have in Aus. The three malls in my city are surviving just fine I don't see them ending up destitute anytime soon.

If you like mall culture, come to India.
We have this increasingly amazing mall culture and although people don't always buy enough stuff yet they're good place to hangout and chill for sometime.

During Independence day sale and Republic day sale, people get bat shit crazy and there's a flock of people visiting malls.

not a bad idea..

For mexicans.

demolish them and use the land for housing

fuck your autism

I imagine they'll end up like the mall in Gone Girl, full of druggies and dealers.

>three malls
>one city
That's about as many as we have here, it's just that every city has 3 and every town has 1 within a 20 minute drive (in coastal states).

the demand for malls has dropped severely with the advent of easier consumer access to goods via the internet, which explains why malls are still a big thing in australia I guess

SXQncyB3aGVyZSB0aGV5IGdyb29tIGxpdHRsZSBjdXJpb3MgZ2lybHM

virtual reality game stores are a temporary stopgap but when VR gets cheaper they are FUCKED.
Fucked I tell you

t. a mall was rejuvenated by vr

>Anonymous
never thought id see people talking about dead mall stuff on here, love those videos on youtube whether its malls or kmarts or whatever. like to put on some vaporwave on the PC drink a couple bottles of wine and fucking feeeeeeeel

FEMA master plan, yeah. SOON
Don't you worry.

>couple bottles of wine and fucking feeeeeeeel
>couple bottles

Don't drink and shitpost

Designated alleys.

>internet

Fuck that. Why pay $30 for an HDMI cable when you can get the same one for $10. Brick and mortar have had decades to catch up.

Get redpilled and learn many malls are Jew owned.

Price markup is ridiculous to the current generation that are just getting into the workforce.

Best thing they can do is learn how to sell clothes and such at a more competitive price but at the same time realize people don't want to buy shit. Its a really hard balance but from what I have seen, places like H&M and forever21 have gotten it down almost right.

It ridiculous how many empty properties there are. Even ones that are leased eventually close up in under a year. Could be anything thing though, going bankrupt or lease is up and they found a cheaper lease.

spencers sells memery and dildoes. they are good for now. Same with hot topic. Scene kids.

Hot topic is fucking garbage.

Dude places like that sell garbage for retard prices
>shirts for 25 dollars
>crap in general
>has mostly chines quality shit too
Only worthwhile thing there is body jewelry and that is pushing it.

malls aren't dead they just went outside because people want a shopping *experience* like a Disneyland. indoor malls are dead because they can't compete, who cares.

They shouldn't be saved at all costs. Obviously, it's a waste to not use it, and you should think hard about just destroying it altogheter - but there's no point in keeping it, when you can build something useful instead. It's just like with industralisation - why you should run across the field with a fucking sickle, when you can drive combine harvester? Less tiresome and way more effective. It's kinda sad, though. I am curious how much it would cost to set up paintball club in such mall, it would be fucking amazing. I am curious if you could make a school, too. It could function. My high school was a hospital before, it's not such bad idea.

>mall pizzahut
>in india
Whoever did that can shit in my street any day.

>Best thing they can do is learn how to sell

fixed it

any young people reading this, you can thank me later

I've seen contempt on Sup Forums for Adam Ruins Everything, but he explained in the 50s and 60s there was a tax break on land or new buildings, so they took advantage of it.

Either this kills a mall, or it gentrifies to the point where the first two have no effect.

I've got six major malls within about 15-45 minutes from me:
Coral Square
Sawgrass Mills
Broward
Galleria
Dolphin
Aventura
(South Florida for those wondering)

The only one where I can actually afford to shop at more than half the stores there is Coral Square now, and even that's becoming difficult. Sawgrass added a massive fashion row, Aventura and the Galleria have always been extremely upscale. Dolphin Mall is more of a tourist trap; it has a bowling alley, a D&B, Laser tag arena, theater with dinner service, among a ton of massive anchors. Broward also gentrified pretty heavily, and although it's not upscale, it's still way beyond what I'd typically spend on clothing.

Middle class malls; the ones where people would shop regularly, have been replaced by Walmart, Target, and the internet. Why would I go out to a mall, to try on clothing at eight different store, when I can do it all at one store, and also be able to pick up my groceries? The internet has also replaced the more retail-goods oriented shops, due to lower prices and cheaper, if not free, shipping.

Hell, I work at a Best Buy, and it's been dead nearly every weekday since the end of the holidays. It gets busier on the weekends, but on a weekday, it's often just me walking around the store; you can only dust the fucking laptops so many times.

The malls that were in my area that have somewhat gone to shit, did so because of niggers and the internet. There are entire strip malls that are practically dead in my area because of low property value from violent low-class degenerates trashing the place, and formerly major anchors of the shopping centers have closed down.

Fill them with the homeless.

Then seal the entrances and exits.

t. ackmed

Go to bed Dan

The 90's was the peak of human civilization, as explained in the Matrix.

Turn dead malls into business centers for millenials

This is Dan Bell. He may be a fag but his dead mall series is the shit youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ

>current generation that are just getting into the workforce.

Do you mean careers? I worked in high school and hung out at the mall and other places every weekend more than a decade ago. I guess it got fucked up recently if teens don't have basic jobs.

Sometimes going to a mall is about buying some chinese mallninja shit TODAY instead of buying something good three days from now.

That market will still exist for a few years. Nameen?

>people want to shop outside
I've never heard someone say that they actually want this, only people explaining/defending outdoor malls saying that people want this.

Besides, malls provide the same "experience" without having to worry about rain or heat stroke.

Do they only exist because flavor of the month items, novelty gags, and teens? Seems like the edgiest thing to do as a teen now is support Trump, before it was goth or ICP that hot attention.

More or less this.

I am from Savannah, GA originally, and there are two malls, Oglethorpe and The Savannah Mall. The Savannah Mall (1990s) is so much nicer and newer than the other, which was originally built in the 1960/70s if I recall. Savannah mall was built for whites to get away from all the niggers, but then they did a huge revamp at Oglethorpe and downtown got remodeled over the last two decades and the area was getting rid of blacks and people started to flood back to it.

Now Savannah Mall is dead with a food court, Target and Bass Pro (not sure if they've left, haven't been back for a year or two). But it's more or less dead and some parts are now bought by the local university or whatever.

I want to play paintball here.

Indians and Filipinos love malls because they're clean, indoors, air conditioned, have music playing...they're pretty fucking comfy compared to the standard of living for most.

Teenagers do not have credit cards. they get cash from mom and dad.

Or do they? I don't even know any more.

Went to an outlet center on Sunday, it was packed. Tons of Asians was a turn off.

Didn't realize how inexpensive clothes can be either. Got a shirt, shorts, and sandals for $25 at The Gap. Obviously they were marked when when the original total would have been $70. Won a $25 prize, so quality didn't matter.

That's capitalism. If you can't deliver a better product, or better service, you die. Online "malls", like Amazon, are far more convenient for a shopper, but I wonder, where are kids hanging out now?

I remember when I was a kid, most of the time, even though I didn't like shopping, I hung out with my friends at a mall. I should talk to my little sister, I want to know about the next generation.

Lately when I go to the mall where I live, southwest, there are hardly any teens. There is more babyboomers and gen x there. Being a millennial don't see many of my age group there.

Yeah I understand that and personally value being able to try stuff on because I have been fucked over by online clothing.

Outlets are there to get rid of the clothes that didn't sell in stores or are out of season/style. Though they also will sell their regular stuff there because they know they can move more product there. They also sell damaged goods, or some that have been repaired as well for low prices.

Anyone can run a stupid fucking mall

How Sup Forumsite of you, lord Fedora.

Niggers didn't kill my mall. It's still there, but the business is lacking. There's NOTHING of value.

The only thing there worth a damn is H&M. Everything else is anchor stores that sell pleb stuff like relaxed fit jeans for fatties and poor people. GameStop? No need. 90% of the mall is for Latina Instagram women.

>Put in a huge food court full of MORE chink food when we already had like 4 other Asian places.

>A "fun" center arcade and bowling that attracts niggers from out of town, though really isn't worth the time of day without them.

t. Sunvalley Mall.

What if I want sports stuff?
Nothing

What if I want computer components?
Nothing

What if I want combat boots?
Nothing

What if I want a pair of jeans with 34 length that aren't baggy?
Nothing

What if I want to buy a car?
Nothing

What if I want to buy a gun?
Nothing

What if I want to watch a movie?
Nothing

Okay, so I found a jacket, socks, and a cheeseburger.

It is weird hearing that, unless it only applies to a handful of stores. That center has Banana Republic, Dulce & Gabana, Ralph Lauren, Oakley, Nike, Louis Vetan, and other designer stores.

Do they have designated shitting anchors?

CONCENTRATION CAMPS, KIKE

>That center has Banana Republic, Dulce & Gabana, Ralph Lauren, Oakley, Nike, Louis Vetan, and other designer stores.

Are those even of any value? If you're a woman, sure, but a man? Everything there seems like for someone who's either an old golfer or a gay guy trying to look Mediterranean.

I went to a mall in Bangor Maine that was pretty good. Although that was maybe because I never went to an American Mall before.

>Dicks sporting goods
Bought an Under Armour support the troops top from there.
>Dairy Queen
Had a really nice ice cream where they tipped over the cup for some reason and I panicked because I thought she was just dumping the icecream out onto the counter infront of me, but the icecream stayed in the cup and I later realised it's just something they do for show.
>Wendys
Oh my god I wish we had Wendys in the UK

Dunno, I enjoyed it, but mainly enjoyed Dicks. Got lost in the baseball section really wanting to buy a bat but realising I wouldn't be able to take it home. I'm a big redsox fan.

On a scale of 1 - 10, how safe would it be to go walking around one of these abandoned malls? would it be filled with homeless or niggers ?

bunch of LARPing jews

I'm glad someone else appreciates wendy's. It's nothing to write home about, but it's edible, which is more than can be said of McDonalds, and Burger king. I'd even say it's good.

Just over a decade ago every weekend it would either skate with friends during the day and hang out around grocery stores or hang out in the food court at them mall. Then at night go to the theater and walk around the plaza and loiter around the post office or Borders. Most everyone did that. After a year or two they tried to get rid of the kids with curfews and most places closed.

Convert them into pseudo-rec centers for old folks. They can keep mall walking, it's slightly less depressing to see grandparents at the mall than at a convalescence home, and just build or acquire housing nearby.

Yea, went in expecting shitty food but was shocked when it actually had flavour. I think I even preferred it to five guys tbqh.

They would do great for airsoft / paintball events or perhaps even police training.

>Relaxed fit
I use to wear that type of pants because of my father. So glad I got out of that shit because it made me look fat as fuck. Ever since I left that fir of jean people been complementing me on how skinny I gotten when in reality I just understand how to wear clothes properly. Got to thank /fa/ for that.

The Dick's Sporting Goods is about a few miles down the road from the mall.

>Dairy Queen
>Wendy's

Not much value there, since it's right down the block from said mall.

To me, a good mall needs to give me an incentive to shop there. I need available necessities first and foremost. This is also why the downtown area I live in is lacking, because it's nothing but industrial stores such as muffler shops and places to eat breakfast.

Imagine a place that can almost be commercially independent from the rest of the town. To me, that's a good shopping center.

Also, what are REAL euro malls like? The few I went to seemed to only offer rich people stuff like sunglasses and Rolex watches.

I might be but seriously the malls are made for FEMA camps.

>five guys

Five Guys is a meme. Their stuff is 90% salt.

there are some youtube videos touring empty/abandoned malls, one had a guy walk through a mall that was still running only 3 stores in the whole thing, otherwise ghost town, saw like 2-3 other people shopping.

Same here. I used to wear Dickies back in the early 2000's. Now I wear skinnies or something to frame the body.

Only thing I remember are their icees or whatever and fries.

Yea, as I said it was because I'd never been to one before.

I also really like America Pawn shops, with the old guns and silver dollars and whatnot. I bought a silver dollar dating from 1886 because I had a Ancestor born in Rhode Island in 1886. He moved to the UK when WW1 broke out though so that he could volunteer with the Royal Flying Corps.

Amen

Depends

Is their black mold or in the ghetto?

3/10

As long as there's no black mold to give you immediate cancer or a crackhead with a knife, you're fine.

>saving dead temples of jew-promoted consumerism
No, leave them to rot, more beauty this way.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised it's all made in China or Vietnam, just like with what you'd find at Walmart. But at least you get name brand that no one can identify unless they ask what you're wearing.

Pawn shops are great places to buy firearms in my opinion.

Ones in Nevada sell H&K firearms like G3s and MP5s.

>The malls that were in my area that have somewhat gone to shit, did so because of niggers and the internet.
To be fair, Broward is propped up entirely from niggers. Bahamians and other assorted Caribbean nigs fly in to specifically go shopping there.

Same shit with Sawgrass Mills, only with Latin Americans. (I do get a kick out of walking around Sawgrass, though)

>I've got six major malls within about 15-45 >minutes from me:
>Coral Square
>Sawgrass Mills
>Broward
>Galleria
>Dolphin
>Aventura
>(South Florida for those wondering)

Now we all know your AO user. This is the sort of info YOU DO NOT SHARE.

Technological advancement is a cyanide pill. To restore a normal world we must go back.

Fuck it I haven't watch this guy's Dead Mall youtube videos in a while.

youtube.com/user/moviedan/videos

>can they be saved?

No. Internet shopping has destroyed the retail industry. I probably have to go to a mall once a year and 85% of the people there are non-white.

>should they be saved?

No. They mark up prices, the staff aren't always good and in some cases you have to pay to park as well.

One I went in had a Nambu and bunch of Lugers and p38's.

Was really cool.